UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Read more
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19293 Mar 25, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on. I'd expect something this dumb from BFL, but you?!
We've never been much of anything in basketball. Competitive sometimes, but dominant? Very rarely.
I know the Galens were expecting more when they wrote that $33M check. But thus far, we haven't delivered.
Ya I agree, please forgive my fellow Bruin BN. He is actually very nervous and scared of Ben Howland ending up at USC.He knows that Howland is ten times the coach Mark Gottfried is. My fellow Bruin is acting out of fear.....Go Bruins!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#19294 Mar 25, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on. I'd expect something this dumb from BFL, but you?!
We've never been much of anything in basketball. Competitive sometimes, but dominant? Very rarely.
I know the Galens were expecting more when they wrote that $33M check. But thus far, we haven't delivered.
These responses fare for the Stalker Bigot Troll my friend, the closet Bruin

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#19295 Mar 25, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!! We've got to consistently end 3 or 4 seasons at 2nd-4th in the conference before we can recruit the kind of talent that would have us vying for a conference championship every year. It won't happen overnight.
BTW I have been calling for BH's arse for three years now, Thank god he's gone, nice man, but lost touch with the players, RN was his downfall.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19296 Mar 25, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
These responses fare for the Stalker Bigot Troll my friend, the closet Bruin
Ditto. To say that the "mighty Trojans have fallen" (in basketball) is something I'd expect from your moronic fan.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19297 Mar 25, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I have been calling for BH's arse for three years now, Thank god he's gone, nice man, but lost touch with the players, RN was his downfall.
We aren't exactly going to be able to steal a coach from Duke, NC, Gonzaga or Georgetown.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#19298 Mar 25, 2013
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19299 Mar 25, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is what the once mighty trojan pride has become, accepting Bruin retreads as their savior's , that says volumes, I hear Gene Barto (even dead) & Walt Hazzard's will fill the bill (or the highly successful woman's coach Mike Cooper) funny shyt.
Oh Dear after reading his first line it is decided that our once exhalted leader BN is nothing but a troll...Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19300 Mar 25, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't exactly going to be able to steal a coach from Duke, NC, Gonzaga or Georgetown.
Ya I agree and neither can my Bruins;(...We can't even steal one from Oregon or San Diego State.....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19301 Mar 25, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree....One question fellow Bruin. How come our mighty BB program has never hired a big name coach?
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19302 Mar 25, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
excellent analysis for lame brains like me who know nothing about sports.I just watch sports to see the young boyz;)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--losing--o...
Ya I agree...Go Bruins?
Bruin Nation

Los Angeles, CA

#19303 Mar 25, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Check out this hottie, Steve Lavin, he is smoking!!! I hope he returns as head coach!
Ya I agree, I would love to get him in the back seat of the Bruin Blue 66 Chevelle....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

#19304 Mar 25, 2013
I wonder what the odds are Ben Howland ends up at USC?
Bruin Nation

Los Angeles, CA

#19306 Mar 26, 2013
Artie Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree....One question fellow Bruin. How come our mighty BB program has never hired a big name coach?
Ya I agree. It's because of our delusional fan base and alums. Were caught in a time warp, we have only 1 title in 38 years since ol Wooden was forced to retire and he didnt win until Sam Gilbert showed up. Wooden had worse years than Howland and kept his job. No big time college coach wants to coach here, they have all turned the job down.
That plus all the times Rob and I show up to midnight madness wearing only a tutu.....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19307 Mar 26, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree. It's because of our delusional fan base and alums. Were caught in a time warp, we have only 1 title in 38 years since ol Wooden was forced to retire and he didnt win until Sam Gilbert showed up. Wooden had worse years than Howland and kept his job. No big time college coach wants to coach here, they have all turned the job down.
That plus all the times Rob and I show up to midnight madness wearing only a tutu.....Go Bruins!
Oh yeah!!! I'll show you delusional BN, mano a mano tough guy, my Bruins will sign Maxwell Smart and he will lead us to 10 more NCAA titles! I'm so glad the Gophers beat us by 20 it was the best thing to happen to my Bruins since Wooden was hired. I'm sooooo excited about my Bruins...I can't wait.....Get Smart....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19308 Mar 26, 2013
Tevin McDonald dismissed from the team for violating team rules. The suspension is stemming from his original violation dating back to December 2012 when he was suspended for the Holiday Bowl. He was arguebly our leader on defense, hate to see this happen...but I have to admire UCLA's strong stance on the use of drugs by the athletes...I wonder how many schools would dismiss their starting Safety of two years, on a team that has such high expectations for the upcoming season?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog...
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19309 Mar 26, 2013
At a school where they have banned even outdoor use of (LEGAL) tobacco, the idiot is admiring them for taking a strong stance on illegal drugs. What a moron. LOL!!

But if it were USC, he'd find fault with it! ROTFLMAO!!
Lorenzo Mata

Los Angeles, CA

#19310 Mar 26, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
I wonder what the odds are Ben Howland ends up at USC?
Deja a mi entrenador en paz! Usted pepino tragar maricon

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#19311 Mar 26, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
I wonder how many schools would dismiss their starting Safety of two years, on a team that has such high expectations for the upcoming season?
LSU immediately comes to mind.

Don't overlook that this was, at minimum, Tevin's 4th violation of UCLA's drug-use policy. The first 2 times he was caught, ok, no more. But knowing he had already been caught twice, that he faced suspension and possibly dismissal, and he did it anyways? Addiction can make people do some stupid things.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19312 Mar 26, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
LSU immediately comes to mind.
Don't overlook that this was, at minimum, Tevin's 4th violation of UCLA's drug-use policy. The first 2 times he was caught, ok, no more. But knowing he had already been caught twice, that he faced suspension and possibly dismissal, and he did it anyways? Addiction can make people do some stupid things.
Are you kidding me?! FOURTH!! And Dumbass is holding them up on a pedestal?!!

He's even stupider than I thought.

So, CPEM...Floyd or Howland? Someone else??? Dixon passed. No way I think Few would consider it, even though some LA Times writer threw his name out there.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#19313 Mar 26, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, CPEM...Floyd or Howland? Someone else??? Dixon passed. No way I think Few would consider it, even though some LA Times writer threw his name out there.
Neither Floyd nor Howland bring a feeling of newness or creation; we already know what they are about and the general consensus is "meh..." It needs to be someone who creates a buzz around Galen, inspires the team, wins over the alumni and really connects with fans. Essentially, we need the college basketball version of Pete Carroll. Who that is, I don't know, but I don't believe it to be Floyd or Howland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,206,784
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 min bonified eartholi... 4,974
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 236,835
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Big D 201,795
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Ink 309,247
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web