UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 33674 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#28790 Sep 8, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, those NC dreams of theirs are pretty freakin' hilarious. They aren't going to beat a fully rostered, football powerhouse to win an NC.
Enjoy SF and FIGHT ON!!
A really intense game to watch especially with their ravenous fans expecting their home win streak to continue. I felt really good once we stopped their fullback on that 4th and 1!!! How fitting that Heidari kicked thru the dagger to beat Stanford two years straight! Some of the Stanford chicks were sobbing so hard after the game, I should have bought a Stanford T-shirt and consoled them back to my hotel (but NO way, couldnt stomach wearing their gear) HaHa

USC - 2-0,#9 IN THE COUNTRY AND NOT EVEN PLAYING WITH A COMPLETE ROSTER! FIGHT ON!!!

San Marino, CA

#28791 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yes I back PH. The untold story here is that USC has been getting the screwjob by the officials (be they the referees or the time-keeping officials) the last few times we've gone to the Farm. Watching what transpired, it looks like PH got there towards the end of the conversation. Seems like Sark-nado wanted him there as a witness in case further action was warranted later. Nothing better than having your AD be an eyewitness if the refs were about to screw you over. I, for one, am grateful for PH's passion for our alma mater. We've been getting railroaded for far too long, and need someone who will vigorously defend our school. Sometimes you have to do something unconventional in order to get "the powers that be" attention. We'll pay the fine, we'll take the letter of reprimand. But the PAC-12 has been put on notice: we aren't standing for the BS any longer. All this blather is pure jealousy.
<quoted text>
This is the screwjob the refs were trying to put on our team and assure a Stanford victory. In the speed of the moment, there is no way that is a late hit. The returner was tip-toeing down the sideline and had barely touched the sideline and was mid-air on his next step when he was hit by Pullard. The whistle was still blowing. Pullard was already coming in, how does anyone expect him to come to a complete stop that quickly? Won't happen. His only mistake was the slight lowering of his head, and that was what they dinged him on. I don't know if an ejection was warranted, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the penalty reduced to not include suspension from the 1st half of the next game. Not saying they won't, just wouldn't be surprised if they reduced it as well. They don't need it anymore because we won despite the best efforts of the referees to influence the game in Stanford's favor.
<quoted text>
Yeah, hopefully we can do better against them, on the road, then y'all did at home versus a basketball school.
FTFO!!!!
We take whatever the NCAA and haters can throw at us but persevere regardless! I have always said other schools would be a shambles and crumble down to the cellar after the sanctions we received.

And believe me all the whiny Farm animals were having a coronary about Haden being down there. And the haters dont realize that ADs are down on the field all the time, it is not all that uncommon! Man I realized how much they hate us up there, probably because we beat them last year and now AGAIN this year! We got the last laugh leaving the Stadium as the majority of fans looked severely bitchslapped!!!

Sark-nado, I dig it! Good one, you should patent that! Sark has proven he is on top of the situation and did exactly the right thing at the right moment. Let the haters whine and complain and fall apart, unlike what the Trojans did after the erroneous Pullard ejection………. we simply FTFO AND WIN!!!!!!!!!!

USC TROJANS - THE SCHOOL WHERE 10 WIN SEASONS IS JUST AVERAGE!!!

San Marino, CA

#28792 Sep 8, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
BN, dont you think you should concentrate on your (B)ruin woes more and try and stop being so enamored with every USC? Last I heard your defense looked like a straw house and the Memphis (who?) QB threw lighted matches through it all evening! HaHa

USC TROJANS - YOU CANT KEEP A GOOD SCHOOL DOWN!

San Marino, CA

#28793 Sep 8, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>relax there, moron. First of all, if USC was that good, they would not have allowed Stanford 9 times inside their 30...
Rob, Rob, Rob, consistently missing the point I see. USCs defense was good enough to slap-down Stanford 7 of those 9 times. I think any sensible fan would approve of that %
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>In other words USC and Stamford are both way over rated.
Let's see what you will say when both those "over rated" teams USC and StaNford bitchslap your (B)ruins to finish out the season - HaHa
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, Utah crushed Fresno State putting more points against them than USC did.
Still using mindless analogies like that I see. Remember that if you beat Texas next week and they are rated #27 or so, be sure to still call them #27 even if they lose the rest of their games, you numbskull!
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>As for UCLA, well they still have the same players they had last year, and the team is better also. They are 2-0 and beat Memphis, the #2 scoring offense and the #1 scoring defense.
In the bizarro world of Planet Rob, Memphis #2 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense.......... HaHaHaHaHaHa (I admire your reach here no matter how off-tilt it may be)

USC TROJANS - RATED HIGHER THAN UCLA! THAT DIDNT TAKE LONG!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#28794 Sep 8, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like the Pac 12 disagrees, but I'm sure their picking on usc also
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...
First, I was talking about Pullard's suspension for the 1st half of the next game (automatic when you get ejected now). I wouldn't be surprised if they back away from that.

Second, I couldn't care less about the Pac-12 and what they think. They rode us in the early 2000s and pumped us for all the money they could get. Then when the NCAA, led by a committee of jealous idiots (Dee, Conboy, et al), brought down their ridiculous punishment based no more proof than the words of a convicted felon, the Pac-12 ran and hid rather than stand up and fight. Want to see what the difference is between a conference that fights for their schools vs. a conference that leaves their schools hanging out to dry looks like? Penn State just had their penalties lifted halfway through. And that was for a child molestation! The Big 10+2 went and fought for their school. A coach molesting dozens of kids under the watchful eye of the school gets less punishment than a kid's family getting free rent for a year. Seriously? You still think this is square?

Burn, baby, burn!

#28795 Sep 8, 2014
The NCAA's new motto: You can f*ck little kids all you want, just don't talk to an agent!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#28796 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
The NCAA's new motto: You can f*ck little kids all you want, just don't talk to an agent!
Really???
they didn't do anything to Penn St?
Didn't they get off the bowl ban last week.
School president Graham Spanier was forced to resign, and athletic director Tim Curley and head football coach Joe Paterno were fired.
On July 23, 2012 the NCAA announced the following sanctions against Penn State:[220]
Five years probation.
A four-year postseason ban.
Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011–112 wins in all. This had the effect of stripping the Nittany Lions of their shared Big Ten titles in 2005 and 2008. It also removed 111 wins from Paterno's record, dropping him from first to 12th on the NCAA's all-time wins list.
A $60 million fine, the proceeds of which were to go toward an endowment for preventing child abuse. According to the NCAA, this was the equivalent of a typical year's gross revenue from the football program.
Loss of a total of 40 initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017. During the same period, Penn State is limited to 65 total scholarships—only two more than a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) school is allowed.
Penn State was required to adopt all recommendations for reform delineated in the Freeh report.
Penn State must enter into an "athletics integrity agreement" with the NCAA and Big Ten, appoint a university-wide athletic compliance officer and compliance council, and accept an NCAA-appointed athletic integrity monitor for the duration of its probation.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28797 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
A coach molesting dozens of kids under the watchful eye of the school gets less punishment than a kid's family getting free rent for a year. Seriously? You still think this is square?
Possible discrepancy might be because SC has a history of improprieties, where Penn St didn't.
I'm NOT saying what happened at Penn St was less in the NCAA's eyes, in fact to me it was way worse, But their penalties were substantial, the fact that no football scholarships were lost, I'm guessing is your main beef.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28798 Sep 8, 2014
I stand corrected they lost 40 initial scholarships

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#28799 Sep 8, 2014
Simply pathetic, that SUC fans feel they got screwed. What happened at PSU was horrible! But it was a case for Law Enforcement to handle, not the NCAA. what about the dozens of raped students at USC that go unreported to law enforcement? Should USC athletics be penalized for that as well? The NCAA's job is to over see athletics, not crimes committed.

#28800 Sep 8, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, Rob, Rob, consistently missing the point I see. USCs defense was good enough to slap-down Stanford 7 of those 9 times. I think any sensible fan would approve of that %
<quoted text>
Let's see what you will say when both those "over rated" teams USC and StaNford bitchslap your (B)ruins to finish out the season - HaHa
<quoted text>
Still using mindless analogies like that I see. Remember that if you beat Texas next week and they are rated #27 or so, be sure to still call them #27 even if they lose the rest of their games, you numbskull!
<quoted text>
In the bizarro world of Planet Rob, Memphis #2 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense.......... HaHaHaHaHaHa (I admire your reach here no matter how off-tilt it may be)
USC TROJANS - RATED HIGHER THAN UCLA! THAT DIDNT TAKE LONG!
Obviouisly Stanford is not the same team quality team comparable to those of the past few years...agains UC Davis they had 3 holding penalties, equalling their total of last year! when they were at the 13 of USC they had a chop block (TD nullified), following by a holding call...they missed 2 field goals...and on 4th and 1 inside the 5 yard line, didn't attempt a field goal? it's also poor coaching...nine times in the red zone and 10 points?? puhleeze! that game was a classic example of "WHO SUCKS WORSE?" not a match up of 2 ranked teams.

As for your pathetic SUCky team beating UCLA this year? HA!!! you couldn't beat us last year when we started 10 true freshmen, how in the hell will you beat us this year? LMFAO!!

You're as delusional as ever, go back to hybernating, or your illusionan Brazilian vacations. LMFAO!!

Burn, baby, burn!

#28801 Sep 8, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
I stand corrected they lost 40 initial scholarships
What you're missing is what the NCAA was hoping for: they lifted the bowl ban and scholarship sanctions today. How convenient to release that tidbit the same day that the Ray Rice news is dominating the airwaves. This "relenting" of the punishment is a direct result of the Big 10+2 fighting back against the NCAA for its exclusiveness. This is what the Pac-12 should have done for USC as well. Instead now you have one school that was punished far more severely for one player talking to an agent than the other school that allowed and covered up child molestation on its campus by one of its coaches. Does that seem right to you?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/i...

Burn, baby, burn!

#28802 Sep 8, 2014
Oh, BTW, here's a picture of an AD, who also serves on the selection committee, YELLING at referees WHILE PLAY IS IN PROGRESS! Where's the outrage? Where's the 24/7 TMZ style coverage? Still don't think there's an anti-USC bias? If you don't, then you are a part of it. Troll on.
https://twitter.com/ZachHeilprin/status/50846...

San Marino, CA

#28803 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I was talking about Pullard's suspension for the 1st half of the next game (automatic when you get ejected now). I wouldn't be surprised if they back away from that.
Second, I couldn't care less about the Pac-12 and what they think. They rode us in the early 2000s and pumped us for all the money they could get. Then when the NCAA, led by a committee of jealous idiots (Dee, Conboy, et al), brought down their ridiculous punishment based no more proof than the words of a convicted felon, the Pac-12 ran and hid rather than stand up and fight. Want to see what the difference is between a conference that fights for their schools vs. a conference that leaves their schools hanging out to dry looks like? Penn State just had their penalties lifted halfway through. And that was for a child molestation! The Big 10+2 went and fought for their school. A coach molesting dozens of kids under the watchful eye of the school gets less punishment than a kid's family getting free rent for a year. Seriously? You still think this is square?
FUHK Paul Dee and FUHK the NCAA cronies and their mixed up agendas!!! As soon as all these Miami Hurricane allegations came up (all while under the command of that A-hole, hypocrite Dee) the NCAA & PAC12 should have grown some balls and dismissed/shortened the sanctions levied towards USC. Dee and his underhanded activities should have been enough for a "mistrial" based on being an incredible committee member whose testimony is not worthy of belief! F him and his high-profile compliance bullshyt!!!

USC - FTFO AND WIN!

#28804 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
Oh, BTW, here's a picture of an AD, who also serves on the selection committee, YELLING at referees WHILE PLAY IS IN PROGRESS! Where's the outrage? Where's the 24/7 TMZ style coverage? Still don't think there's an anti-USC bias? If you don't, then you are a part of it. Troll on.
yah, maybe there's no outrage because nobody SAW IT?? Have thought about the remote posibility that maybe JUST maybe, the entire country saw Pat Haden doing it, hile nobody else saw Alvarez do his thing?...that is just on thing in which USC has brough upon themselves the bad publictiy. Second thing has done to ridicule themselves was Josh Shaw, by self reporting they had a hero in their team, when they should have made sure the story was true ....Third stupid thing, is a player leaving the program because he claims Sarkisian is a racist!!...deflated balls, firing of a coach at an airport, banning the media from practice...USC has been bringin negative attention to themselves to the point where ESPN called them a CLOWN COLLEGE!!! now Pat Haden does this??? of course TMZ is all over it!!! you have a clown coach, clown AD, and a Clown School!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28805 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
If the photo is him bagging on an official he should be sanctioned also, PH did it on national tv, and it was very obvious, if the Barry Alvarez did it also he should be nailed also. The photos looks like he is yelling at the official on the field, PH was in his face, face to face on the side line. didn't see this one on TV hard to tell from a photo. Your very sensitive right now, need a hug?:-)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#28806 Sep 8, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
Simply pathetic, that SUC fans feel they got screwed. What happened at PSU was horrible! But it was a case for Law Enforcement to handle, not the NCAA. what about the dozens of raped students at USC that go unreported to law enforcement? Should USC athletics be penalized for that as well? The NCAA's job is to over see athletics, not crimes committed.
DabNabIt Lifer, see what I meant by you spouting off against those nasty Trojans as the season drew near :/

Now you have all those intellectual ruffians like Trojan, CPEM, and CT waxing our fannies with USC this and USC that and they actually have on-field affluence to back up their points :(

Go Bruins! And our Bruin season had looked so promising…….. on paper!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#28807 Sep 8, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very sensitive right now, need a hug?:-)
Sorry CPEM, I usually reserve my extra Bruin side of sensitivity when I post as PPP, usually not as MBD/Nation. But regardless and us being one and the same, so, need a hug ;)

Go Bruins! Speaking of hugs, I think our Bruin defense needs a few hundred of those after their performance last Saturday night!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28808 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
Exactly! And sick bastards, such as one dumbass on this thread, will defend the perverts who did it!

But what else would you expect from an idiot who tries to ignore/deflect the fact that UCLA produced one of the world's worst serial killers, esp. while trying to CLAIM one of our alumni murdered his wife. Yes, it's the same dumbass that will claim that since JW wasn't found guilty, he never paid all those players.(A guilty finding is only necessary for Bruins! LOL!!)

Yet, in ANOTHER change of the rules, if USC players say players got paid, it must be true. But if Bill Walton says the same of the Bruins, he must be lying!! LOL!!

No bigger hypoctical moron on Topix than that idiot.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28809 Sep 8, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>
FUHK Paul Dee and FUHK the NCAA cronies and their mixed up agendas!!! As soon as all these Miami Hurricane allegations came up (all while under the command of that A-hole, hypocrite Dee) the NCAA & PAC12 should have grown some balls and dismissed/shortened the sanctions levied towards USC. Dee and his underhanded activities should have been enough for a "mistrial" based on being an incredible committee member whose testimony is not worthy of belief! F him and his high-profile compliance bullshyt!!!
USC - FTFO AND WIN!
I'd love to visit his grave and take a nice big dump on it. That is what Dee was...a big pile of shit.(As are any idiots who try to deny the NCAA's inconsistency and very obvious agenda.)

But then again, my post immediately preceeding this one illustrated quite well the mental midgets with whom we are dealing.

FIGHT ON! BEAT THE EAGLES!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min VetnorsGate 1,581,417
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr cpeter1313 316,342
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web