UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 33193 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28770 Sep 7, 2014
Trojan wrote:
You spend more time crying about us than you do cheering your own pathetic overrated team. PH is a true Trojan, something you and your fellow pussies are totally clueless about. Cry on moron! If Memphis could shove you around no telling how many losses you will have in conference. Im proud of PH he sticks up for his team, Hayes Pullard is a stud way to go! FTFO!
While the Bruins proved for a second week in a row how over rated they are, both Pullard's actions and Haden's were disappointing. Pullard is responsible for his own actions.

As for Haden, I put much of that on the member of the staff who texted him IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME. If an AD has an issue with a call, that is something to be addressed on Monday with an inquiry to the Pac-12 officiating offices. I sure as hell hope it wasn't Sark who texted him.

Don't chide anyone about crying when you're such a wuss you hide behind MY nickname.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28771 Sep 7, 2014
For the second week in a row, the Bruins fall in the rankings and for the second week in a row the Trojans move up. How can that be?! Some fools were claiming that FUCLA was the new football powerhouse! ROTFLMAO!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#28772 Sep 7, 2014
Trojan wrote:
For the second week in a row, the Bruins fall in the rankings and for the second week in a row the Trojans move up. How can that be?! Some fools were claiming that FUCLA was the new football powerhouse! ROTFLMAO!!
No doubt we were over rated, I said so earlier, its obvious.
I must say right now the Trojans have the Best receiver corp in the Nation, and look at Adoree Jackson on D ......, Marques Lee was also a stud at Defense in HS also, but Kiffin never gave him a chance.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28773 Sep 7, 2014
Trojan wrote:
ly 1 spot, from 11 to 12? I though we would fall more. On the Texas next week.

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#28774 Sep 7, 2014
Trojan wrote:
relax there, moron. First of all, if USC was that good, they would not have allowed Stanford 9 times inside their 30...and if Stamford was any good they would have had only 10 points being inside the USC 30 nine times. In other words USC and Stamford are both way over rated.
BTW, Utah crushed Fresno State putting more points against them than USC did.
As for UCLA, well they still have the same players they had last year, and the team is better also. They are 2-0 and beat Memphis, the #2 scoring offense and the #1 scoring defense.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#28775 Sep 7, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>relax there, moron. First of all, if USC was that good, they would not have allowed Stanford 9 times inside their 30...and if Stamford was any good they would have had only 10 points being inside the USC 30 nine times. In other words USC and Stamford are both way over rated.
BTW, Utah crushed Fresno State putting more points against them than USC did.
As for UCLA, well they still have the same players they had last year, and the team is better also. They are 2-0 and beat Memphis, the #2 scoring offense and the #1 scoring defense.
I think it is too early to make conclusions anywhere (including the TrOJans now talking bad after putting out 10 points overall) but I certainly agree that Stanford gave that game to them and USC too for grabbing the opportunity to take what was given and get the win. That is huge for them but really Stanford beat themselves.

As for the Bruins which both you and I were there to see, we definitely need to continue to get better, like our cornerbacks making ill-advised bad angles towards their WRs during coverage. We would have been better off sticking to a zone. I do give Memphis' O-line credit combined with their QB Lynch's play and poise. Will be interested to see how their season unfolds (as do Virginia's who destroyed their opponent Saturday)

As for offense, some might say we didn't look pretty but we took what the Tigers defense gave us which was a lot of small, methodical passes, enough to keep moving the chains and ultimately get the W which is what EVERYONE here agrees, it is all about!

The admirable Vince Young beat down of the TrOJan days are gone, so let's go to Texas and shove the Longhorn right up their A**!!!!

Go Bruins!!!!!

San Fernando Valley

#28776 Sep 7, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
"What" an embarrassment to Pac 12 football
Hey BN, can you imagine if an NFL GM (like Elway or Good ol' Jerry Jones himself) came down to the sidelines and threw a tirade like Haden did towards the ref. Sh*tttttt, the entire NFL brass could fly to Tahiti on the fine they would levy to that GM.

But I am sure that the TrOJans will whine their case if necessary and fans will spin it around like "I am proud of my AD" because really, what else can their fans say, that they object to the comb over king??? You f*cking know if it was Guerrero coming down and doing that, USC fans would be asking for his resignation...

The essence of TrOJan arrogance continues to spill over like a cheap bottle of cologne with a high price tag! Heh heh heh heh

Go (2-0) Bruins!!!

San Fernando Valley

#28777 Sep 7, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's talking,outside of the slob you're the biggest fair weather putz on here LOL!!
If not complying to the weekly criteria for your social bantering outlet via Topix makes me considered (by one person being you) as fair weathered, etc, then so be it, have at it... enjoy your proclamation..........

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28778 Sep 7, 2014
Hey PPPryck, I see your father made the news today

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-e...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28779 Sep 7, 2014
Hey PPPryck, I see your father mad the news today

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-e...
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28780 Sep 7, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>
If not complying to the weekly criteria for your social bantering outlet via Topix makes me considered (by one person being you) as fair weathered, etc, then so be it, have at it... enjoy your proclamation..........
It was the pathetic imposter to whom you replied. Just because it shows the same location, one putz thinks it's me.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28781 Sep 7, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the pathetic imposter to whom you replied. Just because it shows the same location, one putz thinks it's me.
don't agree the Imposters have never posted from La Habra, easy to fix it, register your name like everyone else.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#28782 Sep 7, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Lifer please, you know we can' t use that high numbers angle with a basketballer team like Memphis, otherwise they would be a ranked team you silly rascal you ;)

Go Bruins! At a certain brief point in the second quarter, our Bruins were the highest scoring team in the country!

West Hollywood, CA

#28783 Sep 7, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
Hey PPP, I see your the father of reasoning. I really need to post under your handle more often instead of when I feel one dimensional and post as Bruin Nation.
Well noted and I could not have said it better myself...except that I just did ;)

Go Bruins! It remains our Bruin hot tub secret!

West Hollywood, CA

#28784 Sep 7, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>

As for the Bruins which both you and I were there to see, we definitely need to continue to get better, like our cornerbacks making ill-advised bad angles towards their WRs during coverage. We would have been better off sticking to a zone.

As for offense, if we don't play better, Texas will shove the Longhorn right up our A**!!!!
Go Bruins!!!!!
Brewski, let's not give up entirely on our Bruins just yet, even though our National Title dreams, Heisman hopeful, and being ranked better than USC has all been shattered :(

Go Bruins! Well, I've always fancied the El Paso Bowl myself!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28785 Sep 8, 2014
After insisting he did no wrong Sat night and Sunday morning I guess damage control took over:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...

Side note Haden spoke of saving a childs life Sturday night, as he "leaped" from his penthouse suite at the 5 star The Epiphany Hotel & rescued the child fom the pool and Steve Sarkisian administered CPR until the paramedics arrived. USC's Josh Shaw interviewed afterwards was quoted as saying " thats my AD & Coach, I'm not surprised, thats they type of people we have at USC"

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28786 Sep 8, 2014

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#28787 Sep 8, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always rational Pemmie, it's just that most of it is not what TrOJan fans want to hear! Heh heh heh
Hey now, I didn't say YOU were rational, just that your comment was!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#28788 Sep 8, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>just like you'll back the combover king making a fool of himself and embarrassing himself and your university at a National scale.
Hell yes I back PH. The untold story here is that USC has been getting the screwjob by the officials (be they the referees or the time-keeping officials) the last few times we've gone to the Farm. Watching what transpired, it looks like PH got there towards the end of the conversation. Seems like Sark-nado wanted him there as a witness in case further action was warranted later. Nothing better than having your AD be an eyewitness if the refs were about to screw you over. I, for one, am grateful for PH's passion for our alma mater. We've been getting railroaded for far too long, and need someone who will vigorously defend our school. Sometimes you have to do something unconventional in order to get "the powers that be" attention. We'll pay the fine, we'll take the letter of reprimand. But the PAC-12 has been put on notice: we aren't standing for the BS any longer. All this blather is pure jealousy.
BTW no comment on the cheap shot and game ejection on #10 Hayes Pullard???
This is the screwjob the refs were trying to put on our team and assure a Stanford victory. In the speed of the moment, there is no way that is a late hit. The returner was tip-toeing down the sideline and had barely touched the sideline and was mid-air on his next step when he was hit by Pullard. The whistle was still blowing. Pullard was already coming in, how does anyone expect him to come to a complete stop that quickly? Won't happen. His only mistake was the slight lowering of his head, and that was what they dinged him on. I don't know if an ejection was warranted, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the penalty reduced to not include suspension from the 1st half of the next game. Not saying they won't, just wouldn't be surprised if they reduced it as well. They don't need it anymore because we won despite the best efforts of the referees to influence the game in Stanford's favor.
Now on to your playing the National Hockey Powerhouse BC
whine on trojans, whine on.
Yeah, hopefully we can do better against them, on the road, then y'all did at home versus a basketball school.

FTFO!!!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28789 Sep 8, 2014
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yes I back PH. The untold story here is that USC has been getting the screwjob by the officials (be they the referees or the time-keeping officials) the last few times we've gone to the Farm. Watching what transpired, it looks like PH got there towards the end of the conversation. Seems like Sark-nado wanted him there as a witness in case further action was warranted later. Nothing better than having your AD be an eyewitness if the refs were about to screw you over. I, for one, am grateful for PH's passion for our alma mater. We've been getting railroaded for far too long, and need someone who will vigorously defend our school. Sometimes you have to do something unconventional in order to get "the powers that be" attention. We'll pay the fine, we'll take the letter of reprimand. But the PAC-12 has been put on notice: we aren't standing for the BS any longer. All this blather is pure jealousy.
<quoted text>
This is the screwjob the refs were trying to put on our team and assure a Stanford victory. In the speed of the moment, there is no way that is a late hit. The returner was tip-toeing down the sideline and had barely touched the sideline and was mid-air on his next step when he was hit by Pullard. The whistle was still blowing. Pullard was already coming in, how does anyone expect him to come to a complete stop that quickly? Won't happen. His only mistake was the slight lowering of his head, and that was what they dinged him on. I don't know if an ejection was warranted, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the penalty reduced to not include suspension from the 1st half of the next game. Not saying they won't, just wouldn't be surprised if they reduced it as well. They don't need it anymore because we won despite the best efforts of the referees to influence the game in Stanford's favor.
<quoted text>
Yeah, hopefully we can do better against them, on the road, then y'all did at home versus a basketball school.
FTFO!!!!
Looks like the Pac 12 disagrees, but I'm sure their picking on usc also

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min American Independent 1,549,473
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr weaponX 314,719
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 13 Patriot 11,181
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun 9 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May 29 Into The Night 258,476
Penn State University & State College May '17 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
More from around the web