UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32324 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28695 Aug 31, 2014
Squeeking out a win versus a team that went winless in their conference last year!

#7? What a joke.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28696 Aug 31, 2014
I also met another Bruin this weekend who was stupid enough to try and claim he paid for his own education! It was freaking' hilarious!!!

They are handing out degrees to idiots who don't comprehend the economics associated with a public school. Too stupid to realize that taxpayers paid for most of his education.

But morons will claim only the best & brightest come out of UCLA! LOL!! Yeah, right!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#28698 Aug 31, 2014
Trojan wrote:
Squeeking out a win versus a team that went winless in their conference last year!
#7? What a joke.
While #7 might be a bit high, like YOU have always said a win is a win,
let me point out some other squeekers:

#1 Fla. State @ home....37 Unranked Ok. St 31

#2 Bama @ home...33 unranked West Virgina 23

It happens to the best of them

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#28700 Aug 31, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
While #7 might be a bit high, like YOU have always said a win is a win,
let me point out some other squeekers:
#1 Fla. State @ home....37 Unranked Ok. St 31
It happens to the best of them
I realize that when posting this as MBD/Nation I might have tried to make a good point here, but thought I better come back on as my reasonable PPP handle and clarify :/

Florida State's opponent Oklahoma State finished 10-3 last season while our Bruin opponent Virginia finished 2-10. Sorry I said a "bit high", while in reality I fully expect our Bruins to drop "quite low" to number 16 or 17 :/

Go Bruins! At least our next opponent Memphis, from I think the AA Meeting Conference had three wins last season so I expect to win by at least 16 points in this one!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28701 Sep 1, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell em BN! Way to cover up for our vastly overrated team.
The hypocritical POS's who bagged on us for close wins will now claim "a win is a win". It's hilarious!! But not surprising, of course.

I'd have been completely OK with that, if they hadn't ragged on us so much for close wins. But as usual, they change the rules if it has to do with their Bruins. Idiots.

West Hollywood, CA

#28702 Sep 1, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypocritical POS's who bagged on us for close wins will now claim "a win is a win". It's hilarious!! But not surprising, of course.
I'd have been completely OK with that, if they hadn't ragged on us so much for close wins. But as usual, they change the rules if it has to do with their Bruins. Idiots.
Please sir, I kindly ask that you give us a pass on that :/

I have told the fellas that we Bruins should not act so boisterous of late and put down games where your team won. We now are facing a similar and precarious dilemma in the fact we barely beat a team that was the cellar dweller in the ACC conference :(

Go Bruins! Regardless, we are fans of the Westwood Bruins and we like to make our own rules, especially when "progressive lifestyle" by nature!

West Hollywood, CA

#28703 Sep 2, 2014
Oh my fellow Bruin slap~packers, just as I suspected! Our Bruins dropped in the AP polls because we could barely beat a 2-10 team :/

In fact we dropped 4 spots, by far the most in the Top 25 for a team that actually "won" their game! Guess we have a lot of soul searching to do after all the media hype sent our way :(

Go Bruins! Don't fail me now fellas, I need some Westwood support, where are all of you hiding!
Bruin For Life

San Diego, CA

#28704 Sep 2, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you babbling on about this time jackass? UCLA showed it has the best defeearnse in the country, and so for our offense that did stunk up the field? well, it's very simple, UCLA has one or two hiccups per year, and that was one of them...they will learn from it, make adjustments, and prepare better, because every team will out to do the same thing to them week and and week out....in other words, I'm glad it happened the way it did, it was a learning le, earning lesson, just like Cal 2 years ago - except this time UCLA has the best defense in the shcountry and they would have NONE of shyt! we only dropped two spots, and you Dbags beating Fresno State acting like you beat Alabama two consecutive times is just hilariours!!!!! you moved up only one spot...get ready to come back with your butt cheeks very sore from all the anal pentration at the hands of the Stanford this week.
Bruin For Life

San Diego, CA

#28705 Sep 2, 2014
Trojan wrote:
I also met another Bruin this weekend who was stupid enough to try and claim he paid for his own education! It was freaking' hilarious!!!
They are handing out degrees to idiots who don't comprehend the economics associated with a public school. Too stupid to realize that taxpayers paid for most of his education.
But morons will claim only the best & brightest come out of UCLA! LOL!! Yeah, right!!
Hilarious that you would bring up education and USC in the same sentence..USC over paid education, PERIOD!!! According to US News Report UCLA ranks ahead of USC in:
Law; medicine:ALL medical but one department; science (all science departments); business; SUC has UCLA beaten on Ophthomology, and that is only because UCLA doesn't offer Ophthomololgy. what a dumbass!!!

West Hollywood, CA

#28706 Sep 2, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you squashing me on this time? UCLA showed our offense did stunk up the field? well, it's very simple, UCLA has many reality checks per year, and that was one of them...I hope this time they will learn from it, not like Cal 2 years ago - except this time UCLA has the best media hype in the country! we only dropped two (really four) spots, and you Dbags beating Fresno State moved you up only one spot...In the meantime, I'm getting ready to come back Saturday morning with my butt cheeks very sore from all the anal pentration at the hands of my fellow Bruins in the hot tub. Good luck with Stanford this week, my bet is you will need it because believe me, we Bruins can never beat them.
Well Lifer, glad you are keeping things in perspective here and are knowing your role as a UCLA fan ;)

Go Bruins! We better beat that basketballer school Memphis by 30 points or we might be 2-0 but down four more spots in the polls!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28707 Sep 2, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Well Lifer, glad you are keeping things in perspective here and are knowing your role as a UCLA fan ;)
Go Bruins! We better beat that basketballer school Memphis by 30 points or we might be 2-0 but down four more spots in the polls!
Take it easy on the moron. Afterall, he was once again stupid enough to say that first game was too close "for this Bruin". As if he's anywhere close to being smart enough to be admitted, much less graduate from, UCLA.

My example demonstrated quite well that they hand out degrees to just about anyone. No bright person who try to deny that taxpayers pay for most of their education.

But as dumb as some of them are, he couldn't even achieve that! ROTFLMAO!!

Let's see if he's stupid enough to predict, once again, that USC won't win one conference game! And worse, be such a pussy that he tries to deny writing it.(Not smart enough to realize, that as CPEM pointed out, there's more than one way to say something. Guess they didn't teach the moron that at Cal State Dumbshits.) LOL!!!

Even with a dozen fewer scholarship players, we'll end the season within 1 or 2 wins of them. But the jackass will again act as if they won an NC. They don't come any stupider!!

FIGHT ON!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28708 Sep 2, 2014
WOULD try
anonymous reader

Australia

#28710 Sep 2, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy on the moron. Afterall, he was once again stupid enough to say that first game was too close "for this Bruin". As if he's anywhere close to being smart enough to be admitted, much less graduate from, UCLA.
My example demonstrated quite well that they hand out degrees to just about anyone. No bright person who try to deny that taxpayers pay for most of their education.
Let's see if he's stupid enough to predict, once again, that USC won't win one conference game! And worse, be such a pussy that he tries to deny writing it.(Not smart enough to realize, that as CPEM pointed out, there's more than one way to say something. Guess they didn't teach the moron that at Cal State Dumbshits.) LOL!!!
Even with a dozen fewer scholarship players, we'll end the season within 1 or 2 wins of them. But the jackass will again act as if they won an NC. They don't come any stupider!!
FIGHT ON!!
Great post, lol. These guys dont know jack about sports.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28711 Sep 3, 2014
Looks like the 3rd memeber of the "trifecta Troll"... Bite On's post are not making it on, I'll bet PPPryck/bite-on/anonymous's panties must be all bunched up, as post 28686 & 28709 are missing, LMFAO
Bruin For Life

United States

#28713 Sep 3, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
FIGHT ON!!
The only ones acting like they won theNC are you dumbass SUC fans after bitchslapping Fresno. You fools 99.99% are ready to crown them National champs.
Bruin For Life

United States

#28714 Sep 3, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
With a defense that scores points like ours, we don't need much from our offense. You trOJans played against poor Fresno JC. Wait til our defense goes hog wild on you Trojies.
post under your name POS.
Bruin For Life

United States

#28715 Sep 3, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
I love my Bruins, but I'm not gonna lie that was an ugly win, too close for this Bruin.
Post under your own name POS.
Bruin For Life

United States

#28716 Sep 3, 2014
Bruin For Life fight on wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell em BN! Way to cover up for our vastly overrated team.
POS

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#28717 Sep 3, 2014
Brew In wrote:
Certainly not a great overall performance by the UCLA offense, especially the line, and I thought the DBs played too soft a zone at times but I sort of expected this early road game to be a wake up call.
As BN said we are 1-0, but I suspect Mora will be having some very indepth practices this week. I will be at the Rose Bowl for our home opener next Saturday to cheer them on!
Go Bruins!!!
Never thought I'd see the day that YOU would be one of the most rational commenters on here, but here this day is. This place sure has turned into a sh*tshow because of the trolls on both sides.

Finally was able to watch the USC game last night and I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed with our defense. Many of the stops were because of mistakes that FSU made (dropped passes, bad passes, etc.) as opposed to disruptions created by the defense. When FSU found a rhythm, they were able to march down the field and score. Those aren't mistakes a well-coached Stanford team will make. Furthermore, I don't think we recorded a sack until the 2nd half. Stanford has an excellent O-line, and if we couldn't muster much of a rush against FSU, then what can we expect to do against Stanford's line?

That said, I was impressed with Kessler's grasp of the offense. It looks like he's having fun out there. Buck Allen was pure beast mode at RB, and JuJu was a revelation at WR. I was also happy to see Adoree get involved on offense, and glad to see that our secondary was able to cover the WRs. I was unimpressed with Justin Davis, and hope that Tre Madden can hurry back from his injury. Davis missed quite a few blocks forcing Kessler to evade blitzers all evening.

Overall, I'd give them a B-, and I hope the coaches saw enough to make the necessary corrections, because the game this Saturday is a big one.

FIGHT ON, BEAT THE CARDINAL!!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28718 Sep 3, 2014
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Never thought I'd see the day that YOU would be one of the most rational commenters on here, but here this day is. This place sure has turned into a sh*tshow because of the trolls on both sides.
Finally was able to watch the USC game last night and I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed with our defense. Many of the stops were because of mistakes that FSU made (dropped passes, bad passes, etc.) as opposed to disruptions created by the defense. When FSU found a rhythm, they were able to march down the field and score. Those aren't mistakes a well-coached Stanford team will make. Furthermore, I don't think we recorded a sack until the 2nd half. Stanford has an excellent O-line, and if we couldn't muster much of a rush against FSU, then what can we expect to do against Stanford's line?
That said, I was impressed with Kessler's grasp of the offense. It looks like he's having fun out there. Buck Allen was pure beast mode at RB, and JuJu was a revelation at WR. I was also happy to see Adoree get involved on offense, and glad to see that our secondary was able to cover the WRs. I was unimpressed with Justin Davis, and hope that Tre Madden can hurry back from his injury. Davis missed quite a few blocks forcing Kessler to evade blitzers all evening.
Overall, I'd give them a B-, and I hope the coaches saw enough to make the necessary corrections, because the game this Saturday is a big one.
FIGHT ON, BEAT THE CARDINAL!!!
Didn't see the whole game, but when the "pre season all american" #13 for Fresno dropped the 1st Kessler pass missing a pick six, I knew SC was ging to destroy FS
Sat's game s/b a good one.(SC) The Bruins are on the Pac 12 network which I don't get, might be a blessing as I was not impressed with the Bruins Sat.#7 was way too high, but its all subjective until a few games are played.
Good to talk "Football" again, welcome back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,417,784
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr OzRitz 10,064
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr thetruth 256,546
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr zef 311,604
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web