UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 34441 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#28379 Aug 6, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please Mister Swamper, don't antagonize those nasty Trojans. My Bruins are already very worrisome that they are ranked in the Top 15 while still under player reductions. Oh my, what will happen once they are back at full strength :/
UCLA has our highest ranking in years and we know that is only because, as your SEC comrade Coach Art Dico man would say, the stars are perfectly aligned for our once-in-a-lifetime college franchise quarterback in Hot Rod Hundley! Sure hope he doesn’t get hurt or we are doomed :(
Go Bruins, Go Gators! Unfortunately we both are still trying to get a tiny-weenie bit of respect in our own conferences!
SAYS YOU, EH?!

Go GATORS, SEC RULES!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#28380 Aug 6, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypocritical jackasses who bag on USC for cheating will never admit to that simple FACT. They have problems with facts, such as the fact that Hundley will never beat a fully rostered USC team.
Those pussies want to pretend they did it all on their own, without any help from the NCAA. Why else would idiots claim "dominance" with a 10 win season, when the sanctioned team across team also got 10 wins? They're morons.
Please Mister Trojan, me and my Bruins would prefer you nasty Trojans not be so overly factual. It is really a Westwood buzz kill when you remind us of small steps taken instead of perceived leaps and bounds :/

Please let us have our moment with Hot Rod Hundley right now since the last we were able to get our jizz boiling was back in the Cadence McNown daze :/

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#28381 Aug 6, 2014
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
<quoted text>NO WONDER WHY THE NCAA TRIES TO BE ON THEIR BEST BEHAVIOR THESE DAYS AND PUBLICIZE THEIR SO-CALLED PROACTIVE ACHIEVEMENTS.
EVEN THOUGH MEYER HAD HIS FAULTS WHILE AT FLORIDA WITH TALK OF PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT OF CERTAIN PLAYERS, THE NCAA WAS SO FRUSTRATED THEY COULD NOT COME UP WITH ANYTHING DEFINITIVE, TO WHICH IS WHY THEY NOW HAVE HIM UNDER THE MICROSCOPE AT OSU.
I WILL NOT DENY THAT THERE IS A LOT OF CORRUPTION AT ALL LEVELS IN COLLEGE SPORTS.
Oh my Mister Swamper, be careful what you say on this forum. I see both Lifer and Nation are "Judging" your posts rather harshly, and I know that they both can be overly Bruin sensitive Bruins, especially when Coach Johnny Wooden and scandal are mentioned in the same breath :/

I will talk to the fellas about channeling our Westwood rage within our own conference ;)

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#28382 Aug 6, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question Swamipe. The NCAA was the one giving Wooden and Gilbert permission to cheat. This started in the mid 1960's when schools like Texas Western (now UTEP) were starting 5 back players then later Jerry Tarkanian and Long Beach did the same. Wooden was under the direction of UCLA's JD Morgan who was backed by the NCAA to get the best players in the country. Morgan brought in Sam Gilbert a UCLA Alum and wealthy mafia figure to finance the program....You never saw 5 black players starting for UCLA that was the deal. The NCAA always looked the other way with Wooden yet they attacked Jerry Tarkanian and Don Haskins. What UCLA did was far worse than what SMU and USC football combined could ever dream of.
yeah right STFU. The NCAA investigated and they concluded that neither UCLA or JW knew about what Sam Gilbert was doing. So go cry in your USC DeNile River. POS
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#28383 Aug 6, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>yeah right STFU. The NCAA investigated and they concluded that neither UCLA or JW knew about what Sam Gilbert was doing. So go cry in your USC DeNile River. POS
The NCAA was the guilty party that's why no punishment was handed dumbass! Wooden was so detailed that he showed his team how to tie their shoes and put their sox on properly, yet he could not notice a bunch of ghetto kids in new cars and fancy clothes all of a sudden hanging out with a Mafia Don?...I believe Bill Walton and Jerry Tarkanian any day over a dyck slurrping phagge like you sweet thang...LMFAO!!........MBD/BN says when you put on the blonde wig you don't have to act to play the bimbo role, it comes naturally....LMFAO!!

#28384 Aug 6, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
The NCAA was the guilty party that's why no punishment was handed dumbass! Wooden was so detailed that he showed his team how to tie their shoes and put their sox on properly, yet he could not notice a bunch of ghetto kids in new cars and fancy clothes all of a sudden hanging out with a Mafia Don?...I believe Bill Walton and Jerry Tarkanian any day over a dyck slurrping phagge like you sweet thang...LMFAO!!........MBD/BN says when you put on the blonde wig you don't have to act to play the bimbo role, it comes naturally....LMFAO!!
No he couldn't notice, because he wasn't around them 24/7 and things weren't run as they are now, with a tight compliance departments, and mentorship programs in which kids are under a microspcope. Luckily for UCLA the NCAA investigations committe had only 18 years of experience looking into infractions investigations. Had it been today, with all the technology, social media, etc., perhaps things would have been different.

By the same token though, USC football has been sanctioned 6 times for a total of 15 years (25% of their existence) since 1953 - the year when the NCAA began sanctioning schools for violating the rules. So for USC to have been busted as much as they did in the same era as Wooden coaching UCLA basketball, it speaks volume of the way in which USC was blatanly violating every rule imaginable.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#28385 Aug 6, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>No he couldn't notice, because he wasn't around them 24/7 and things weren't run as they are now, with a tight compliance departments, and mentorship programs in which kids are under a microspcope. Luckily for UCLA the NCAA investigations committe had only 18 years of experience looking into infractions investigations. Had it been today, with all the technology, social media, etc., perhaps things would have been different.
By the same token though, USC football has been sanctioned 6 times for a total of 15 years (25% of their existence) since 1953 - the year when the NCAA began sanctioning schools for violating the rules. So for USC to have been busted as much as they did in the same era as Wooden coaching UCLA basketball, it speaks volume of the way in which USC was blatanly violating every rule imaginable.
He couldn't notice? He wasn't around them 24/7? All of the other coaches in the country took notice. Then again hard to notice when you have you choose to look the other way.....Only a dypshytt idiot would say the things you say... Wooden let Bill Walton smoke pot, that was and still is illegal in Ca dumbass....Wooden was a cheater and a very good one at that. He knew what was going on....You know it but won't say it..So for the time being just STFU because we both know he was GUILTY!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#28386 Aug 6, 2014
Yo PPPrick/bite on, storm coming next week, the offer to take your sorry arse to Venice Beach or even Afghanistan.& join alum Harold Greene is open, however Harold Greene went to u$c, I doubt your sorry arse ever went to the school in the ghetto.
But the offer is still there.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#28387 Aug 6, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
Yo PPPrick/bite on, storm coming next week, the offer to take your sorry arse to Venice Beach or even Afghanistan.& join alum Harold Greene is open, however Harold Greene went to u$c, I doubt your sorry arse ever went to the school in the ghetto.
But the offer is still there.
You're schtick is getting old bytch...I bet you jizz to Harold Green. Wrong again bytch, I went to The Greatest School in the Country..Now go eff you're sorry arse...Once again for the record. I am not PPP that's another person, you're just too effen dumb to figure it out..Speaking of a storm, Rob, Brew In and Shorrt Shooter will jizz a storm on you again at the same time as part of the Bruin ritual ordained by Jim Mora Jr....LMFAO!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28388 Aug 6, 2014
offers still there PPPrick/bite on LMFAO

#28390 Aug 6, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
He couldn't notice? He wasn't around them 24/7? All of the other coaches in the country took notice. Then again hard to notice when you have you choose to look the other way.....Only a dypshytt idiot would say the things you say... Wooden let Bill Walton smoke pot, that was and still is illegal in Ca dumbass....Wooden was a cheater and a very good one at that. He knew what was going on....You know it but won't say it..So for the time being just STFU because we both know he was GUILTY!
nope, sorry dickWad, I trust the NCAA's findings a lot more than sticky gauAss. you don't know what the hell you are talking aboutFag.

#28391 Aug 6, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
You're schtick is getting old bytch...I bet you jizz to Harold Green. Wrong again bytch, I went to The Greatest School in the Country..Now go eff you're sorry arse...Once again for the record. I am not PPP that's another person, you're just too effen dumb to figure it out..Speaking of a storm, Rob, Brew In and Shorrt Shooter will jizz a storm on you again at the same time as part of the Bruin ritual ordained by Jim Mora Jr....LMFAO!!
PPP, F.O., CT, whatever, you're all the same douche, everybody knows that.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28392 Aug 6, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even bother. You're dealing with idiots who don't know jack about sports. A reduced number of scholarships is a very simple mathematical fact. Yet the idiots want to refer to it as excuses or whining. They're complete morons.
anonymous reader

Australia

#28393 Aug 6, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even bother. You're dealing with idiots who don't know jack about sports. A reduced number of scholarships is a very simple mathematical fact. Yet the idiots want to refer to it as excuses or whining. They're complete morons.
LMFAO !!! You are making excuses, you are whining. I dont see anyone else on this board, or anywhere in real life talking about sanctions, only you. Its very simple, if you get caught cheating, there are consequences, its baffling that you can not understand that.
Who's fault is it that USC was sanctioned ? It wasnt UCLA'S fault, it wasnt the ncaas fault, it wasnt the pac 12 fault, you see where im going ? Be a man and accept the punisment.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#28394 Aug 7, 2014
anonymous reader wrote:
<quoted text>LMFAO !!! You are making excuses, you are whining. I dont see anyone else on this board, or anywhere in real life talking about sanctions, only you. Its very simple, if you get caught cheating, there are consequences, its baffling that you can not understand that.
Who's fault is it that USC was sanctioned ? It wasnt UCLA'S fault, it wasnt the ncaas fault, it wasnt the pac 12 fault, you see where im going ? Be a man and accept the punisment.
Now, now Roberto, you have to quit hiding behind other names. You used to use Brisbane when you were Papi Chulo. Must be short on meds....LMFAO!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#28395 Aug 7, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now Roberto, you have to quit hiding behind other names. You used to use Brisbane when you were Papi Chulo. Must be short on meds....LMFAO!!
LMFAO!! Yeah, no shit!

But let's face it, the butt buddy are idiots. It has nothing to do with whining or even complaining about the penalties. It has to do with not being stupid enough to try and pretend the reductions don't exist. Whooping it up over a couple of wins that were only obtained with help from the NCAA. But morons will call it making excuses or whining. The fools who do that just don't know anything about sports.

Heck, only idiots such as them would try to deny the obvious agenda the NCAA had against USC. Much worse transgressions resulted in slaps on the wrist. Morons will make excuses about why the NCAA came down on USC. A fine should be a fine, same as a traffic citation. The judge should hand out the same fine for doing 100 mph regardless of whether or not someone is smiling when they arrive to pay the ticket. Only a power hungry, corrupt judge would hand out different fines. But in this world where ass kissers get ahead, they can't see that. I can only imagine how much brown nosing those two do in their lives.

But they want to pretend they did it all on their own, when we all know what happened the last time they played a fully rostered USC team! ROTFLMAO!!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28396 Aug 7, 2014
Sounds like to Brain Surgeons are desperate:

"With only two scholarship tight ends, USC explored the possibility of bringing back former tight end Junior Pomee, who left the team amid legal problems in 2013.

But Pomee’s academic situation did not make it possible to bring him back to school, USC coach Steve Sarkisian said.

“We have some scholarships and we’ve tried to see if we can add some guys,” Sarkisian said Wednesday.

Sarkisian said former safety Patrick Hall was another candidate to return, but he also experienced academic issues that precluded a return to USC."

academic issues ???
u$c Brain Surgeons ????
Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#28398 Aug 7, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
Sounds like to Brain Surgeons are desperate:
"With only two scholarship tight ends, USC explored the possibility of bringing back former tight end Junior Pomee, who left the team amid legal problems in 2013.
But Pomee’s academic situation did not make it possible to bring him back to school, USC coach Steve Sarkisian said.
“We have some scholarships and we’ve tried to see if we can add some guys,” Sarkisian said Wednesday.
Sarkisian said former safety Patrick Hall was another candidate to return, but he also experienced academic issues that precluded a return to USC."
academic issues ???
u$c Brain Surgeons ????
Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
BINGO!!! that perfectly summarizes USC football, without thugs on their team USC is CRAP!!! and that is a FACT!!!! JACK!!!!

#28400 Aug 7, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!! Yeah, no shit!
But let's face it, the butt buddy are idiots. It has nothing to do with whining or even complaining about the penalties. It has to do with not being stupid enough to try and pretend the reductions don't exist. Whooping it up over a couple of wins that were only obtained with help from the NCAA. But morons will call it making excuses or whining. The fools who do that just don't know anything about sports.
Heck, only idiots such as them would try to deny the obvious agenda the NCAA had against USC. Much worse transgressions resulted in slaps on the wrist. Morons will make excuses about why the NCAA came down on USC. A fine should be a fine, same as a traffic citation. The judge should hand out the same fine for doing 100 mph regardless of whether or not someone is smiling when they arrive to pay the ticket. Only a power hungry, corrupt judge would hand out different fines. But in this world where ass kissers get ahead, they can't see that. I can only imagine how much brown nosing those two do in their lives.
But they want to pretend they did it all on their own, when we all know what happened the last time they played a fully rostered USC team! ROTFLMAO!!!
you are such a whinningLittleBytch, if you were in front of me I would bytchslap yourAss. ROTFLMAO
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#28401 Aug 7, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text> BINGO!!! that perfectly summarizes USC football, without thugs on their team USC is CRAP!!! and that is a FACT!!!! JACK!!!!
USC DOES SEEM TO RECRUIT A BAD BREED THEIR WAY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Freedomofexpression 318,333
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min smile n wave 1,619,734
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web