UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 29938 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

anonymous reader

Brisbane, Australia

#27411 Apr 2, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a Bruin, or Bruin wannabe, to admit they've had players receive improper benefits?! Good luck with that. Some of the most hypocritical POS's out there!
You forgot to mention the scholarship reductions brought upon your football program by the NCAA.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#27412 Apr 2, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
This just in !!!! Deco
the "Littler Sisters of Mercy" have signed a home and away contract with u$c, u$c insisted that the "LSoM" must play with one hand tied behind their backs, to "even the playing field" u$c AD "Combover" Pat Haden claims this is a "win..win' situation for both schools.
> You think the Frito Banditos are some bad dudes ... wait till those Little Sisters of Mercy step onto the playing field. Playing the Little Sisters should strengthen the Trajon$ "ALWAYS" weak OOC schedule if nothing else. Comb-over??? Come on!!! Coach Artie thought it was a really bad toupée.
>;)

#27413 Apr 2, 2014
Fight On Wanting to be a Bruin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Roberto my good and trusted friend! I wanted wish congrats to your Bruins for reaching the sweet 16, that and the football season show that this is a great time to be a Bruin...Have a wonderful evening.
> Nice, truthful post CT... uh, I mean Fright On!
>:)

#27414 Apr 2, 2014
anonymous reader wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention the scholarship reductions brought upon your football program by the NCAA.
> It's too much pain for the Trajon' fans to mention the NCAA sanctions. They've been whining like little titty-babies over those "rightful sanctions" ever since then. Pathetic I tell ya!!!
>:/

#27415 Apr 2, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I read the story 100 percent of it and I am very proud to say that UCLA does things the right way, upon learning of the incident, Guerrero reported the incident immediately to the PAC 12 and 2 the NCAA, and the NCAA dropped their investigation, again!!! honesty and integrity goes a LOOOOOONG WAY, USC should try that once in a while!!! LMFAO!!!
> Once in a while??? How about ... for once ... for the FIRST TIME!!!
>:D
Bruin For Life

United States

#27416 Apr 2, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a Bruin, or Bruin wannabe, to admit they've had players receive improper benefits?! Good luck with that. Some of the most hypocritical POS's out there!
it's what the school does or does not do after learning of improper benefits, you moron. Had usc handled their business the honest way, the way UCLA does, your stupid cheating team would not be made up of a bunch of handicapped pansies, ya POS!!
Bruin For Life

United States

#27417 Apr 2, 2014
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Once in a while??? How about ... for once ... for the FIRST TIME!!!
my bad, O N C E, JUST ONCE!!!
Fight On

Rosemead, CA

#27418 Apr 3, 2014
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Nice, truthful post CT... uh, I mean Fright On!
>:)
You're welcome "Death Valley" ...... LMFAO!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#27419 Apr 3, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Bruin, I will chime in on this one.

I think we all can agree that every school has a few kids that make, stupid, greedy, uneducated (etc) choices while plotting their future (which they foresee being in the professional bright lights and nothing less). The key here is once the athletic program becomes aware of the situation, it is the action (if any) they take.

From everything I have read/heard, Westwood complied completely upon the findings of what Honeycutt did on his own with regards to his potential NBA future. Westwood went even further to disassociate from the Honeycutt family and cut off any interaction for good. He is now virtually a fan of UCLA at best (or probably not now).

Maybe if the USC athletic program came forward and took the same initial measures concerning Reggie Bush instead of complete denial hoping it would never come to light and then finally stepping up in a reactionary mode, then presently, you would never have to publicly post complaints or comparisons of your team not being at full strength when competing against our team!

San Fernando Valley

#27420 Apr 3, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>it's what the school does or does not do after learning of improper benefits, you moron. Had usc handled their business the honest way, the way UCLA does, your stupid cheating team would not be made up of a bunch of handicapped pansies, ya POS!!
Sorry missed your (this) post, but I basically just replied in similar concept.

Go Bruins!

San Fernando Valley

#27421 Apr 3, 2014
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> You think the Frito Banditos are some bad dudes ... wait till those Little Sisters of Mercy step onto the playing field. Playing the Little Sisters should strengthen the Trajon$ "ALWAYS" weak OOC schedule if nothing else. Comb-over??? Come on!!! Coach Artie thought it was a really bad toupée.
>;)
Luckily for Patsie Haden, he didn't need the toupee when trying to diversify his A.D. portfolio and relive his youth by performing on the TrOJan theatrical stage in an attempt to prove he can act and has a singing voice (he does not).

His character was a postman and he was able to wear a hat so a literal comb-over was not required. Now if we are talking athletic comb-over’s, then he and his fellow TrOJan entourage would receive rave reviews for their expertise in that field!

And speaking of Frito Banditos, what happened to our favorite Topix Babeler, CT? Did you force him to flee back to the semi-safe confines of the Brazilian barrio? Or maybe his Porsche broke down in the TrOJan ghetto and he was abducted and sold (or volunteered) into the male sex slave trade! Then again, it may just as simple as he forgot one of his Topix login passwords and now can only troll around here as Bite/Fight On because the USC sports programs have so little to talk about right now. Heh heh heh heh heh heh

“Let's go Bruins! Bring Another”

Since: Aug 09

National Title to Westwood!!

#27422 Apr 3, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>As a Bruin, I will chime in on this one.
I think we all can agree that every school has a few kids that make, stupid, greedy, uneducated (etc) choices while plotting their future (which they foresee being in the professional bright lights and nothing less). The key here is once the athletic program becomes aware of the situation, it is the action (if any) they take.
From everything I have read/heard, Westwood complied completely upon the findings of what Honeycutt did on his own with regards to his potential NBA future. Westwood went even further to disassociate from the Honeycutt family and cut off any interaction for good. He is now virtually a fan of UCLA at best (or probably not now).
Maybe if the USC athletic program came forward and took the same initial measures concerning Reggie Bush instead of complete denial hoping it would never come to light and then finally stepping up in a reactionary mode, then presently, you would never have to publicly post complaints or comparisons of your team not being at full strength when competing against our team!
you are way too diplomatic, replying to that moron. But hey, it's all good. Go Bruins!!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#27423 Apr 3, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>you are way too diplomatic, replying to that moron. But hey, it's all good. Go Bruins!!!
It is all about Diplomacy my dear friend Lifer, that is why I HAVE RETURNED! Maybe also because MBD/Nation finally got his hot tub working again too. Did all my cavalier friends miss me? ;)

Nevertheless, things may not be as "all good" as you proclaim! All my fellow Bruins have become too righteous, even calling out SEC fans like my friend~with~benefits Coach Dico about our recently signed home and home match up with those ruffian Bayou Tigers! Lifer, you Nation, and Brewski must tone down our affable relations with LSU and Texas AM/PM for that matter. They are the enemy, I REPEAT, they are the enemy :/

If we let our Bruin guard down and actually think we are ready for BCS football, we might have our little blue~gold fannies skinned (I prefer hot wax) by this stiffer competition that AD Danny keeps forcing us into. If we Bruins are not careful, Coach Jimmy will quickly make a hiatus to somewhere like the Cleveland Brownhogs if AD Danny continues this irrational path :(

But maybe that is okay. All this uncharted high-maintenance level of tasting some success is giving all us Bruin constituents a real migraine. I would not mind returning to our familiar middle of the pack athletics and spend some time rejuvenating like a weekend fit for a queen at the La Dolce Vita Resort in Palm Springs! ;)

Oh, and thanks for asking offline about how Jonathan is doing. Yes his EAV/Erotic Asphyxiation Vertigo has subsided. The MBD Jacuzzi in Redondo should be in full Bruin swing again by this Friday :)

Go Bruins, Go home~and~home improvements as long as they don't cost us too much!
Bruin For Life

United States

#27424 Apr 3, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>It is all about Diplomacy my dear friend Lifer, that is why I HAVE RETURNED! Maybe also because MBD/Nation finally got his hot tub working again too. Did all my cavalier friends miss me? ;)
Nevertheless, things may not be as "all good" as you proclaim! All my fellow Bruins have become too righteous, even calling out SEC fans like my friend~with~benefits Coach Dico about our recently signed home and home match up with those ruffian Bayou Tigers! Lifer, you Nation, and Brewski must tone down our affable relations with LSU and Texas AM/PM for that matter. They are the enemy, I REPEAT, they are the enemy :/
If we let our Bruin guard down and actually think we are ready for BCS football, we might have our little blue~gold fannies skinned (I prefer hot wax) by this stiffer competition that AD Danny keeps forcing us into. If we Bruins are not careful, Coach Jimmy will quickly make a hiatus to somewhere like the Cleveland Brownhogs if AD Danny continues this irrational path :(
But maybe that is okay. All this uncharted high-maintenance level of tasting some success is giving all us Bruin constituents a real migraine. I would not mind returning to our familiar middle of the pack athletics and spend some time rejuvenating like a weekend fit for a queen at the La Dolce Vita Resort in Palm Springs! ;)
Oh, and thanks for asking offline about how Jonathan is doing. Yes his EAV/Erotic Asphyxiation Vertigo has subsided. The MBD Jacuzzi in Redondo should be in full Bruin swing again by this Friday :)
Go Bruins, Go home~and~home improvements as long as they don't cost us too much!
lmfai
Fight On

Rosemead, CA

#27425 Apr 3, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>.
If FUCLA had any integrity they would take down all of their BB banners! if they policed themselves like you claim they would have a bonfire with the ill gotten bounty of the so called "glory years" of Sam Gilbert and his side kick John Wooden....Pete Carroll (not to be confused with MBD/BN pete_carroll..lmfao) was a choir boy compared to Wooden and Gilbert.

West Hollywood, CA

#27426 Apr 3, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Luckily for Patsie Haden, he didn't need the toupee when trying to diversify his A.D. portfolio and relive his youth by performing on the TrOJan theatrical stage in an attempt to prove he can act and has a singing voice (he does not).
His character was a postman and he was able to wear a hat so a literal comb-over was not required. Heh heh heh heh heh heh
Let's not go there Brewski. Why it was almost one year ago to the day, that our very own Coach Jimmy extended an public olive branch of curiosity out and offered his support of gay players and coaches, saying they'd (we) be encouraged to join his Bruins program :)

While you know our little Bruin Slap~Pack of myself, you, Lifer, and Nation are all for this progressive movement, others might view Coach Jimmy's views far more eccentric as those of AD Pat leading a postal rendition on stage and "delivering" the good ;)

Go Bruins, Go curious evolution being in the eye and probing hands of the beholder!

West Hollywood, CA

#27427 Apr 3, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
If FUCLA had any integrity they would take down all of their BB banners! if they policed themselves like you claim they would have a bonfire with the ill gotten bounty of the so called "glory years" of Sam Gilbert and his side kick John Wooden....Pete Carroll (not to be confused with MBD/BN pete_carroll..lmfao) was a choir boy compared to Wooden and Gilbert.
Please Mister Fight On, must you nasty Trojans always bring up this tainting Sammie G~Johnny W ignominy :/

It really puts a damper on all of my Bruin Slap~Pack members. After all, we are still just coming off our Bruin high of the snazzy T-shirt tops our Bruin basketballers paraded around in the early days of these recent tournaments :(

We understand how bad it looks about our past basketball success, but I have more of a concern from an environmental point of view :/

If we take those banners down, can you imagine all the hay fever the undisturbed dust around them will cause our fans below that do decide to attend the games :/

Go Bruins! Go keeping banners in place as our restrictive attendance is hard enough to maintain already!

Go Bruins! Go keeping banners in place as our ample attendance is hard enough already!

West Hollywood, CA

#27428 Apr 3, 2014
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Once in a while??? How about ... ALL THE TIME I miss all the man-on-man contact!!!
Well miss no longer Coachiepoo, your long distance boytoy is back and you and I can revert back to our non-football season version of tackling like before ;)

So have you been taking care of Big Danny's Irish One-Eye back there Coach Dico? Out this way, we Bruins finally got the Jacuzzi functional again so we are ready for a little hot tub time machine! Want to do a virtual with us this Friday :)

Go Bruins, Go Tigers, Go MBD hot tub skype!

West Hollywood, CA

#27429 Apr 3, 2014
Cuhm now, where did everyone go? I brushed this morning such as I do everyday so I know it cannot be the high protein c-breath ;)

Go Bruins! I guess silence is golden, as in showers!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#27430 Apr 3, 2014
A Bruin arrested on felony false imprisonment charges?! No! Some idiots think Bruins do no wrong! LOL!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...

Oh yeah, that's right. Some of those same idiots claim it has to be sports related, if it puts FUCLA in a bad light. But if it puts them in a good light, all is fair game.

Hypocritical POS's.(Some, not all.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 57 min sonicfilter 1,276,635
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Deeper than Truth 201,863
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr dollarsbill 247,450
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr IB DaMann 6,887
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 hr RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web