UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#26779 Feb 5, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>the playing girld has become level, get over it.
That tends to happen when a team is playing with 20 fewer scholarships, you idiot. It's temporary. One more year, maybe two.

What a moron.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#26780 Feb 5, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to hang onto Ken Norton go right ahead, but he made his decision to become a TROJAN
Did you ever hear how KNJ became a coach at USC? KNJ led the effort to get Dewayne Walker hired as the new football coach at UCLA. When DW was hired, KNJ offered his services as a LB coach FOR FREE!!!! As is standard for that branch of the government, DW turned him down! CPC, not being a dummy, quickly swooped in and landed himself a former Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame LB to coach his linebackers. A few years later, when CRN got hired, he tried to correct DW's mistake, but KNJ, by that time, had discovered the true meaning of family as a Trojan, and politely declined.

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#26781 Feb 5, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
^^^ It's not that usc, sucks, it's because they no longer own the monopoly in the city or the in the Pac-12. Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, and even ASU and Washington have become as or more attractive than USC. The sooner you admit this to yourself the sooner you can move on with your life.
Time to move on with your erroneous statements Robbie!

USC Cleans Up On Signing Day

The West is where most of the major headlines on signing day occurred, with three of the top eight players on the West Coast, including five-star cornerback Adoree' Jackson (Gardena, Calif./Serra), No. 3 athlete Juju Smith (Long Beach, Calif./Poly) and No. 4 guard Damien Mama (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco) all signing with the USC TROJANS! This pushed the Trojans into the top 20 (now #18) of the class rankings (UCLA is #27). Most observers are now declaring that new coach Steve Sarkisian and USC has already positioned themselves into a force to be reckoned with in the Pac-12. Looks like we "attractively" bitchslapped your 2 year wonder (B)ruins back into a mediocre reality with regards to recruiting... HaHa

USC - AS USUAL, WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!!!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#26782 Feb 5, 2014
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever hear how KNJ became a coach at USC? KNJ led the effort to get Dewayne Walker hired as the new football coach at UCLA. When DW was hired, KNJ offered his services as a LB coach FOR FREE!!!! As is standard for that branch of the government, DW turned him down! CPC, not being a dummy, quickly swooped in and landed himself a former Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame LB to coach his linebackers. A few years later, when CRN got hired, he tried to correct DW's mistake, but KNJ, by that time, had discovered the true meaning of family as a Trojan, and politely declined.
Well defined! The Trojan family... A proven tradition equals sustained longevity. Those outside the family cannot comprehend that and thus declare a 2 year upswing as "turning the corner" or declaring "the monopoly is over" - LMFAO

“UCLA112 Natties ClownCollege98”

Since: Aug 09

UCLA 35 - Clown College 14

#26783 Feb 5, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Time to move on with your erroneous statements Robbie!
USC Cleans Up On Signing Day
The West is where most of the major headlines on signing day occurred, with three of the top eight players on the West Coast, including five-star cornerback Adoree' Jackson (Gardena, Calif./Serra), No. 3 athlete Juju Smith (Long Beach, Calif./Poly) and No. 4 guard Damien Mama (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco) all signing with the USC TROJANS! This pushed the Trojans into the top 20 (now #18) of the class rankings (UCLA is #27). Most observers are now declaring that new coach Steve Sarkisian and USC has already positioned themselves into a force to be reckoned with in the Pac-12. Looks like we "attractively" bitchslapped your 2 year wonder (B)ruins back into a mediocre reality with regards to recruiting... HaHa
USC - AS USUAL, WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!!!
HAHA!! in keeping with the $UC recruiting tradition, they overstocked on skilled positions...yes, congratulation you got a 5'8" 155 lbs wet, yes he's a 5-star but in watching him play in the Championship game, I wasn't very impressed, he got burned all game long vs. Chamminade HS. Juju Smith I didn't see play, so I can not give my opinion...Mama, he's huge, but very slow on his feet, and dominated in HS in the running game, but played vs. players 150 lbs smaller...thing, congrats you finally beat us in something football related...that however doesn't erase the pain you must be feeling up yourAssHole though from having the mighty Bruins bytchslapp you for 2 straight years...FACT!!!

As for UCLA, we may have finished behind the SUCsters in the recruiting rankings, BUT Jim Mora and staff filled EVERY void left by graduation, and finished just below our class last year, I am VERY happy with our class, but of course I would be happier if Budda Baker and Malachi Dupree had committed today, so we would have finished ahead of U Stupid Clowns, but, he, that's life!! you can't win them all -- but at the day the only thing that matters is the results on the scoreboard...and YOU will continue to be bytchslapped there. FACT!!!!

#26784 Feb 5, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Well defined! The Trojan family... A proven tradition equals sustained longevity. Those outside the family cannot comprehend that and thus declare a 2 year upswing as "turning the corner" or declaring "the monopoly is over" - LMFAO
Those outside the"family" see your cheating ways...a cheating tradition for the past 111 years, yes, since 1903 but the South Central Kool Aid has U Stupid Clowns so effed up, you actually believe you have a "good" tradtion, while the rest of the country LOL at U Stupid Clowns. FACT!!!!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#26785 Feb 5, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>HAHA!! in keeping with the $UC recruiting tradition, they overstocked on skilled positions...yes, congratulation you got a 5'8" 155 lbs wet, yes he's a 5-star but in watching him play in the Championship game, I wasn't very impressed, he got burned all game long vs. Chamminade HS. Juju Smith I didn't see play, so I can not give my opinion...Mama, he's huge, but very slow on his feet, and dominated in HS in the running game, but played vs. players 150 lbs smaller...thing, congrats you finally beat us in something football related...that however doesn't erase the pain you must be feeling up yourAssHole though from having the mighty Bruins bytchslapp you for 2 straight years...FACT!!!
As for UCLA, we may have finished behind the SUCsters in the recruiting rankings, BUT Jim Mora and staff filled EVERY void left by graduation, and finished just below our class last year, I am VERY happy with our class, but of course I would be happier if Budda Baker and Malachi Dupree had committed today, so we would have finished ahead of U Stupid Clowns, but, he, that's life!! you can't win them all -- but at the day the only thing that matters is the results on the scoreboard...and YOU will continue to be bytchslapped there. FACT!!!!
USC in the Top 25 in recruiting (#18), UCLA is not... FACT!
USC #1 in the Pac12 in recruiting, UCLA #6 only middle of the pack even in their own conference no less... FACT!
To use your own analogy for things you like to prematurely declare, I guess you could say that the TROJANS have just turned the corner... HaHa

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#26786 Feb 5, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, how about one idiot who claims we're not at a disadvantage because we have 11 on off. & 11 on def., but continues to cry about RB, as if his parents living in a house rent-free rendered him unstoppable! You can't get stupider or more hypocritical than that!
It's either one or the other. I don't care which one. But the idiot changes the rules depending on whether or not it makes USC bad. Pure stupidity! Then again, what else would you expect from a welcher?!
FTFO!!!
LMAO - Well I guess at least that is one thing he has a "monopoly" on.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#26787 Feb 5, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>USC in the Top 25 in recruiting (#18), UCLA is not... FACT!
USC #1 in the Pac12 in recruiting, UCLA #6 only middle of the pack even in their own conference no less... FACT!
To use your own analogy for things you like to prematurely declare, I guess you could say that the TROJANS have just turned the corner... HaHa
ESPN radio was saying #14 overall,#1 in the Pac-12 as I was driving home. But one idiot claims top athletes no longer want to go to USC! LOL!!!

A couple of idiots even try to claim that means we're not at a disadvantage, because they hate to think about how great we'd be with a full set of scholarships. How pathetic that they have fans who act if they're beating a full rostered team.

FTFO!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#26788 Feb 5, 2014
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember it well. And yet some Bruin fans are stupid enough to bitch about how a USC coach was fired.

Smart sports fans admitted there's no great way to do it. Smart football fans said it could have been handled better, but there was nothing egregious about the way it was handled.

Idiots.

#26790 Feb 5, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember it well. And yet some Bruin fans are stupid enough to bitch about how a USC coach was fired.
Smart sports fans admitted there's no great way to do it. Smart football fans said it could have been handled better, but there was nothing egregious about the way it was handled.
Idiots.
really? Name one other coach in history that was fired in an airport parking lot, U Stupid Clown. Tacky ghettoAss university.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#26791 Feb 6, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>really? Name one other coach in history that was fired in an airport parking lot, U Stupid Clown. Tacky ghettoAss university.

As I stated...one of the idiots.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#26792 Feb 6, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>USC in the Top 25 in recruiting (#18), UCLA is not... FACT!
Hmm,#10 according to Rivals.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content....

Hey, but no one wants to go to USC, huh?!! Well, according to the biggest idiot on Topix.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#26793 Feb 6, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
ESPN radio was saying #14 overall,#1 in the Pac-12 as I was driving home. But one idiot claims top athletes no longer want to go to USC! LOL!!!
A couple of idiots even try to claim that means we're not at a disadvantage, because they hate to think about how great we'd be with a full set of scholarships. How pathetic that they have fans who act if they're beating a full rostered team.
FTFO!
You are correct! Here is an excerpt from ESPN with regards to national Signing Day:

THE WINNERS

USC: The Trojans stood to have a big signing day, and Steve Sarkisian and staff certainly delivered. Not only did USC win the hotly contested battle for five-star athlete Adoree' Jackson (Gardena, Calif./Junipero Serra), but the Trojans won the race for ESPN 300 No. 24 Juju Smith (Long Beach, Calif./Poly) and signed No. 67 overall Damien Mama (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco) as expected. More than the names and rankings, Wednesday was a huge perception win for the Trojans and Sarkisian. USC jumped to No. 14 from No. 24 in the RecruitingNation class rankings.

THE LOSERS

UCLA: Along with USC and South Carolina, the UCLA Bruins came into today with the most to gain. While Jim Mora and staff scored with four-star linebacker Kenny Young (River Ridge, La./John Curtis Christian), it was mostly misses throughout the day. Jackson and Smith picked crosstown rival USC, while Dupre opted for home-state LSU. At defensive end, the Bruins missed out twice on Wednesday with Thomas selecting Stanford and Godchaux sticking with LSU. And finally, No. 52 overall Rashaan Evans (Auburn, Ala./Auburn) stayed in state by picking Alabama over Auburn.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
FIGHT ON!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#26794 Feb 6, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, but no one wants to go to USC, huh?!! Well, according to the biggest idiot on Topix.
Robbie always likes to rag on USC about only bringing in the skilled position players. Boy will he and his fellow (B)ruin faithful be in for a bitchslapped awakening when their once-in-a-decade (B)ruin QB Hundley leaves after this year and they revert back to their QB mediocrity.

Of course he will say our next guy (Woulard) is a superstar stud waiting to be unleashed, yet I have heard he is NOT a Hundley and needs plenty of work. People within the program are rating him about the level of Kevin Prince right now! LMFAO

#26795 Feb 6, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show where I said "no one wants to go to USC" you lying sack of dogShyt!!

#26796 Feb 6, 2014
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct! Here is an excerpt from ESPN with regards to national Signing Day:
THE WINNERS
USC: The Trojans stood to have a big signing day, and Steve Sarkisian and staff certainly delivered. Not only did USC win the hotly contested battle for five-star athlete Adoree' Jackson (Gardena, Calif./Junipero Serra), but the Trojans won the race for ESPN 300 No. 24 Juju Smith (Long Beach, Calif./Poly) and signed No. 67 overall Damien Mama (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco) as expected. More than the names and rankings, Wednesday was a huge perception win for the Trojans and Sarkisian. USC jumped to No. 14 from No. 24 in the RecruitingNation class rankings.
THE LOSERS
UCLA: Along with USC and South Carolina, the UCLA Bruins came into today with the most to gain. While Jim Mora and staff scored with four-star linebacker Kenny Young (River Ridge, La./John Curtis Christian), it was mostly misses throughout the day. Jackson and Smith picked crosstown rival USC, while Dupre opted for home-state LSU. At defensive end, the Bruins missed out twice on Wednesday with Thomas selecting Stanford and Godchaux sticking with LSU. And finally, No. 52 overall Rashaan Evans (Auburn, Ala./Auburn) stayed in state by picking Alabama over Auburn.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
FIGHT ON!
first, let me say Congratulations! you finally beat UCLA at something!!! however, don't get too excited...in typical USC fashion, you went heavy after 2 local 5-star players who grew up as USC fans, in a time when USC - cheating or not - was dominating the local football arena. It is very difficult to beat that, even if UCLA has the best recruiters in the business...having said that, I don't think Adoree Jackson and Juju Smith are as good as their 5-star rating indicates, I've seen Adoree play a few times, and he is very fast indeed and has amazing athleticism, BUT, at the next level you need more than just speed and athleticism, and from what I saw in the Championship game, and he needs a lot of work...Juju smith he is good but a 5-star? IDK about that.

#26797 Feb 6, 2014
^^^ Adoree got burned all game vs. Chamminade, they had him turning left and right and in one of those coverage situation is where he twisted his ankle. Do I wish we got him? of course I do!!! getting a 5-star recruit looks great on paper! but, it doesn't matter what their star status is, what counts is how they are coached up, and I don't think USC has can match up with our UCLA coached from top to bottom. We whooped in recruiting in 2010 and 2011, and what did that do for us? it gave us 50-0 asskicking!!! why? our coaches were not that good, frankly.

How Far has UCLA come in the past 7 years? our OLine coach Adrian Klemm makes $100,000 more than Karl Dorell made as our HC before he was fired, different times my friend, different times, I'll take our recruits over yours ALL DAY!! because we have the coaches to kick your coachesAsses. Myles Jack was a 3-star, and look at him, he is the first freshmen EVER in the conference to win Freshman of the year on Offense and Defense.

Go Bruins!!!

UCLA - where 3-stars become better than USC's 5-stars
UCLA - where we just win the old fashion way - we kick Trojan ASS!!!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#26798 Feb 6, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
^^^ Go Bruins!!!
UCLA - where 3-stars become better than USC's 5-stars
UCLA - where we just win the old fashion way - we kick Trojan ASS!!!
Lets help you clarify a bit:

UCLA - where in my mind 3-stars become better than USC's 5-stars, but please dont quote me on who goes to the NFL of those 3 and 5 star players...
UCLA - where we just win our old fashion way - we kick Trojan ASS once or twice every dozen years or so...

HaHa - There you go Rob, that is more like it!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#26799 Feb 6, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>first, let me say Congratulations! you finally beat UCLA at something!!! however, don't get too excited...in typical USC fashion, you went heavy after 2 local 5-star players who grew up as USC fans, in a time when USC - cheating or not - was dominating the local football arena. It is very difficult to beat that, even if UCLA has the best recruiters in the business...having said that, I don't think Adoree Jackson and Juju Smith are as good as their 5-star rating indicates, I've seen Adoree play a few times, and he is very fast indeed and has amazing athleticism, BUT, at the next level you need more than just speed and athleticism, and from what I saw in the Championship game, and he needs a lot of work...Juju smith he is good but a 5-star? IDK about that.
Well then maybe you should go to work as a scout and/or recruiter since you seem to think you know better then ALL of the professionals who get paid to do what you think you can do better then them... LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Smart Alex 1,155,876
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 39 min Phil Donahue 307,086
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 44 min litesong 2,740
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 233,079
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 6 hr best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 20 hr ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Bently 201,187
More from around the web