UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32307 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#25770 Dec 5, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Like BN suggests, I will ignore this troll post... HaHa
yet you reply

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#25771 Dec 5, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, no kidding. I never predicted that, nor did I want it.
Only thing I said (not sure if I posted it) was that if he WON out, including the bowl game, he'd probably get it. But he didn't.
Now knowing he claimed to be "all about the kids" and that he was going to "treat them like his sons", but bailed the moment he didn't get the job,(even though he was offered a significant increase), I'm glad he wasn't given the job.
That being said, I wish him the best. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.
Rob puts enough words in our mouths that we could spit out a dictionary by now!

I cant say I blame CEO because he does want a head coaching job, but I believe in the decision Haden made to go with Sark. As fans we can speculate on all the choices available, but Haden is a very intelligent, analytical guy so I know he thinks everything through 10 times over!

FTFO

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#25773 Dec 5, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, thats right I forgot. UCLA settles into city championships while USC strives for National Championships... HaHa
when you play by the rules, championships come a little slower than when you cheat. But right now we got the coaching, recruiting, and the young guns working towards the same goal, a national championship... one mean lean winning machine... something is Bruwin' in Westwood.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#25774 Dec 5, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>when you play by the rules, championships come a little slower than when you cheat. But right now we got the coaching, recruiting, and the young guns working towards the same goal, a national championship... one mean lean winning machine... something is Bruwin' in Westwood.
I agree with you Rob, it's Simple arithmetic.This type of math is only taught at UCLA.Simple addition 1+1+1=10. How so? Let me explain how. 1 (John Wooden)+ 1 (Sam Gilbert)+1(Cheating)= 10 National Basketball Championships!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#25775 Dec 5, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>It happens everywhere, the only difference is USC sweeps it under the rug and do not report it, hence a current federal investigation looking into dozens of USC female students reporting being raped in campus by male students over the years. All those cases went unreported, I guess being a private University, you are under different codes of ethic than a public university? But for someone that gets upset when "others" post stuff on here that is not sports related - you sure jump at every opportunity to bash UCLA. Hypocrite. LMAO
I'm nopt the hypocrite, YOU are. I'm not the one who gets upset. I merely laugh at you doing it whenever it's convenient and puts UCLA in a good light, but whine about it when it doesn't.

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#25776 Dec 5, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm nopt the hypocrite, YOU are. I'm not the one who gets upset. I merely laugh at you doing it whenever it's convenient and puts UCLA in a good light, but whine about it when it doesn't.
not whining at all. All is fair when it's ucla and usc.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#25777 Dec 5, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>not whining at all. All is fair when it's ucla and usc.
LOL!! You have PLENTY of times.
BILL PLASCHKE

West Covina, CA

#25778 Dec 5, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>not whining at all. All is fair when it's ucla and usc.
LA Times
Steve Alford is unbeaten, untested and an expected turd

It's another eerie night in Pauley's Ghost Town, the shiny seats half-filled, the sparkling concourses mostly empty. There are moments during this UCLA basketball game when the place is so quiet, you can almost hear the tainted banners flap.
Then, suddenly, a brief commotion on Nell & John Wooden/Sam Gilbert Court causes the crowd to stand, cheer, and break into the evening's most rousing eight-clap.
Yeah, a guy named Rob and his "partner" "Bruin For Life" come streaking nude through Pauley Pavilion.

"When you're in a situation like this, two things are paramount," Steve Alford says with an shady smile.''Winning stealing and entertaining.''
So that's what they do, on this evening and in every game so far this season, the Bruins fighting apathy by streaking and soaring and bouncing around at a pace that would make Brett Hundley proud, nets rippling, kids smiling.
Barely a month into his first season as the UCLA basketball coach, Alford is enjoying the benefits of having Ben Howlands players, how long before he messes things up like he did in Iowa and New Mexico is anyones guess.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25779 Dec 6, 2013
[QUOTE who="BILL PLASCHKE AKA Fight On the topix troll & #1 SC bandwaggon fan"]<quoted text>
LA Times
It's another eerie night in Pauley's Ghost Town, the shiny seats half-filled, the sparkling concourses mostly empty. There are moments during this UCLA basketball game when the place is so quiet, you can almost hear the tainted banners flap.
Then, suddenly, a brief commotion on Nell & John Wooden/Sam Gilbert Court causes the crowd to stand, cheer, and break into the evening's most rousing eight-clap.
Yeah, a guy named Rob and his "partner" "Bruin For Life" come streaking nude through Pauley Pavilion.
"When you're in a situation like this, two things are paramount," Steve Alford says with an shady smile.''Winning stealing and entertaining.''
So that's what they do, on this evening and in every game so far this season, the Bruins fighting apathy by streaking and soaring and bouncing around at a pace that would make Brett Hundley proud, nets rippling, kids smiling.
Barely a month into his first season as the UCLA basketball coach, Alford is enjoying the benefits of having Ben Howlands players, how long before he messes things up like he did in Iowa and New Mexico is anyones guess.
[/QUOTE]

the topix troll strikes again

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25780 Dec 6, 2013
Classic!!
turned down USC but took Washington job.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#25781 Dec 6, 2013
BILL PLASCHKE wrote:
<quoted text>
LA Times
Love it, his teams are averaging more points than any team in 40 years (I think) they go inside, they go outside, his kid Bryce Alford is proving everyone wrong, he shoots he passes, he plays defense. Zach LeVine is one of the most exciting players, with a complete selflessness. This team is gelling like no other team we've seen since 1995. Your jealousy is so transparent it's pathetic.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#25782 Dec 6, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Classic!!
turned down USC but took Washington job.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...
That is freakin' HILARIOUS!! but some fools in here thought that all USC had to do is flash the $$$$$ and all these top coaches would flock over to South Central, huhhhh, "no thank you" said Kevin Sumlin..."no thank you" said Franklin..."no thank you" said Gruden..."no thank you" said Del Rio..."no thank you" said Peterson. And in the end who are the biggest winners? Washington gets Peterson, and UCLA keeps Mora for 6 more years, AND to add salt to the USC's wound, UCLA gets Kennedy PaloMalu a relentless recruiting machine for USC for many years and an excellent RB coach. ROTFLMFAO

Just when USC thought they had gotten better by letting Orgeron walk away and hire "seven-win" Sarkisian they just got WORSE - FACT!!!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25783 Dec 6, 2013

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25784 Dec 6, 2013
Just keeps getting better, and better

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1871678-ra...
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#25785 Dec 6, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Love it, his teams are averaging more points than any team in 40 years (I think) they go inside, they go outside, his kid Bryce Alford is proving everyone wrong, he shoots he passes, he plays defense. Zach LeVine is one of the most exciting players, with a complete selflessness. This team is gelling like no other team we've seen since 1995. Your jealousy is so transparent it's pathetic.
Only 8 games in to the season and you're declaring greatness? What a simpleminded dooshe bagg bandwagon faggette! Howland left that program loaded, it will take 3 years for Alfraud to ruin it like he did Iowa and New Mexico. Alfraud doesn't teach defence, it will be exposed when USC trounces their arses twice this year.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#25787 Dec 6, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Just keeps getting better, and better
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1871678-ra...
I've only seen him play once this year, because I have no Pac-12 Network, and I was like WOW!! this kid can do it all, unfortunately, there is no way he's coming back for his sophomore year, he's too good.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#25788 Dec 6, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Alfraud doesn't teach defence, it will be exposed when USC trounces their arses twice this year.
I used to "think", now I KNOW you're a crackhead.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#25789 Dec 6, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>That is freakin' HILARIOUS!! but some fools in here thought that all USC had to do is flash the $$$$$ and all these top coaches would flock over to South Central, huhhhh, "no thank you" said Kevin Sumlin..."no thank you" said Franklin..."no thank you" said Gruden..."no thank you" said Del Rio..."no thank you" said Peterson. And in the end who are the biggest winners? Washington gets Peterson, and UCLA keeps Mora for 6 more years, AND to add salt to the USC's wound, UCLA gets Kennedy PaloMalu a relentless recruiting machine for USC for many years and an excellent RB coach. ROTFLMFAO
Just when USC thought they had gotten better by letting Orgeron walk away and hire "seven-win" Sarkisian they just got WORSE - FACT!!!!
Hey dumbass, more top coaches have turned down the FUCLA basketball job in the past 30 years than any other program in Collegiate major sports. Lets check the archives, Tarkanian, Dean Smith, You phagges let Denny Crum go, Mike Krzyzewski twice, Roy Williams, Larry Brown. recently, Shaka Zulu, Brad Stevens, just to name a few, Alfraud was a hesitant choice(with a tainted past)....So once again STFU you phagge!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#25790 Dec 6, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/arti cles/1875566-2014-nfl-mock-dra ft-updated-projections-after-m ariota-mettenberger-news#/arti cles/1873728-johnny-manziel-an d-6-2014-draft-prospects-desti ned-for-nfl-failure
great to not see Hundley in the first round picks, you know what that means!!:)
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#25791 Dec 6, 2013
BILL PLASCHKE wrote:
<quoted text>
LA Times
LMFAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,403,484
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ChristineM 255,945
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr Into The Night 9,988
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr zef 311,487
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web