UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 34783 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24549 Oct 27, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea who the moron is referring to either, 8 asked 4 times for the post # in which I our anybody here have made the excuse for losing to Stanford and Oregon - as if losing to the #2 and #6 teams is equivalent to losing to unranked WSU, ND, and getting blown out so bad by ASU that they pulled their coach OFF THE BUS FIRE HIM. Did I mention we're ranked #17 this morning? Where is SUC ranked, by the way?
You know how to read, Idiot. Go find it yourself. It's right there.

IET even replied to it. You were whining & making excuses, saying you were starting six freshman.

But, of course, for you it's not making excuses because you're a hypocritical POS.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#24550 Oct 27, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea who the moron is referring to either, 8 asked 4 times for the post # in which I our anybody here have made the excuse for losing to Stanford and Oregon - as if losing to the #2 and #6 teams is equivalent to losing to unranked WSU, ND, and getting blown out so bad by ASU that they pulled their coach OFF THE BUS FIRE HIM. Did I mention we're ranked #17 this morning? Where is SUC ranked, by the way?
Please Lifer, I am just getting the courage to come back on here after our humiliating second half yesterday, but your defensive rambling is not helping us Bruins here :(

I recall two years ago how proud we Bruins were by claiming that Pacific 12 Title despite having more losses than those nasty Trojans. We Bruins being able to say that was the most important thing to us even though we weren't even close to being ranked ;)

I sure hope we are not acting overly arrogant here while USC and Arizona State (maybe even Arizona) unassumingly pass us by while we flex our AP ranking muscles :(

Go Bruins! The Pacific South may go south if we keep kidding ourselves!

West Hollywood, CA

#24551 Oct 27, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't see the game, in Missouri, but looking at the stats didn't see domination,
First downs Utah 13 SC 14
T/yrds Utah 210 SC 260
Plays Utah 69 SC 62
Punts Utah 5 SC 7
Penalty Yards Utah 15 SC 20
TD's Utah 0 SC 1
pretty even, the turning point?
turnovers Utah 4 SC 0
Looks like a good defensive game on both sides.
Oh my Nation, I get the point your are trying to make here in deflecting and defending our Bruin loss, but unfortunately you are re-confirming that our Bruins can't beat good defensive teams :(

Go Bruins! I am afraid we play at least one more good defensive team by season's end!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#24552 Oct 27, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
That we have a lot of NFL players! And people continue to be jealous even after they leave USC.
<quoted text>
Learn something about football. When a guy comes in 2 scores down in the 4th quarter, they know he's going to be throwing and INT's are a lot easier when they KNOW someone's going to be passing.
If you knew anything about football, you'd have seen a lot of good things about his performance. Does he still have some work to do? Hell yes. But anything to be ashamed of? No.
You're just a hater and crying that your many schools COMBINED have fewer players in the NFL than USC does.
Blah blah blah.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#24553 Oct 27, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
need a tissue?
for someone that continues to say your NOT making excuses, how many times have you stated this in the last three pages more than 4 by my count, Bet we'll see it many more times this season.
The first half was an incredible game! How many true freshman played...18? UCLA will grow to be true champions in the next year or two.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#24554 Oct 27, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ddn't watch it. But yeah...very cool!
Always great seeing a big upset, when I have no dog in the fight.
Well get a DVR so you can watch more then one game. Oh, right you watch 3 TVs at one time. LOL!

West Hollywood, CA

#24555 Oct 27, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
The first half was an incredible game! How many true freshman played...18? UCLA will grow to be true champions in the next year or two.
Good point Miss Wolfie, but I am scared too many of my Bruins will get too greedy with these high AP rankings and will exit for the NFL next year :(

Once Hot Rod Hundley inappropriately leaves to what he thinks will be a high payola, my Bruins will be back to Prince and Brehaut hunting for a quarterback :(

Go Bruins, we need to win now because our big names are ready to move on!

West Hollywood, CA

#24556 Oct 27, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, right you watch 3 TVs at one time. LOL!
Do not knock it Miss Wolfie, after all that is what the King Elvis did in Graceland ;)
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#24557 Oct 27, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Just like I stated last night, that UCLA looked good enough in the loss to be ranked #17 this morning. Where is USC ranked this morning? It must be because "they have one arm tied behind their back" LMFAO
Funny how you are so obsessed with things like rankings and point spreads , instead of the tangible things;like what happens on the field!.......you don't want a playoff system do you?, just the polls , right!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24558 Oct 27, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well get a DVR so you can watch more then one game. Oh, right you watch 3 TVs at one time. LOL!
I have no desire to watch EVERY game, Idiot.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#24559 Oct 27, 2013
AP Top 25
1.Alabama (55)
2.Oregon (3)
3.Florida St.(2)
4.Ohio St.
5.Baylor
6.Stanford
7.Miami (FL)
8.Auburn
9.Clemson
10.Missouri
11.LSU
12.Texas A&M
13.Oklahoma
14.South Carolina
15.Texas Tech
16.Fresno St.
17.UCLA

Losses to #2 & #6 ....I'm good with dat
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24560 Oct 27, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah.
Yup, that's about the only response you'd have to the truth. Still the #2 idiot on this thread, but not by much. BFL will always have you beat. Two bitches.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24561 Oct 27, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you are so obsessed with things like rankings and point spreads , instead of the tangible things;like what happens on the field!.......you don't want a playoff system do you?, just the polls , right!
Hey, leave them alone. They scored 2 TD's yesterday!! That's what matters.

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24562 Oct 27, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Losses to #2 & #6 ....I'm good with dat
ROTFLMAO!!!

"But we're not into moral victories!!"

Too funny!!!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24563 Oct 27, 2013
And BTW, saying oh well...we lost to #2 and #6 is MAKING EXCUSES!!

But as usual, Bruins having one set of rules for them and another for everyone else, especially USC.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#24564 Oct 27, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO!!!
"But we're not into moral victories!!"
Too funny!!!!
dude you think just cause you say it its fact ??,

no one's talking moral victories, You seem to make up stuff to suit your arguments.

one thing that is a FACT is you lost to #25 and an UNRANKED team at HOME !!

we lost to #2 and #6 ranked teams in the Nation,

those are FACTS THAT ALL YOUR MAKE BELIEVE B/S can't change

LMFAOL

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#24565 Oct 27, 2013
Trojan wrote:
And BTW, saying oh well...we lost to #2 and #6 is MAKING EXCUSES!!
But as usual, Bruins having one set of rules for them and another for everyone else, especially USC.
we lost to #2 and #6 teams

THOSE A FACTS SPARKY, you will spin it anyway you want to suit your argument..... as usual !!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#24566 Oct 27, 2013
Sve this for next Sunday:

UCLA will win next weekend

USC will lose next weekend

FACT !
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24567 Oct 27, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
dude you think just cause you say it its fact ??
You can try and argue it all you want. It's a fact. I'm not like the idiots who have to write "FACT!!" at the end pf my posts.

You're making excuses that because they're ranked so highly, you should have lost. As I stated, I'd be OK with that, if you guys didn't whine like little girls when we've stated factors that have effected where we are: 10 scholarhips down and another 10 or so injuries.(Heck, whining about starting six freshman is any different?! LOL!! No.)

But with the rules as you crybabies have established them, you're making excuses, too. Yes, I know the truth hurts. But it is what it is.

In my world, THEY'RE both serious factors that impact the results. But I'm playing by the Bruins' rules.

So, feel free to continue "making excuses". I guess I'll do the same and pretend we're playing on level ground, the way you & BFL are trying to do.

What's funny is, the other moron called him a joke of a coach weeks ago and when it seems pretty apparent he's not a serious contender for HC, now we're "making excuses". We like his energy, his recruiting and a few others things about him. But none of us ever said he was going to get us back.

Keep pretending. It's all good. I think we'll probably lose on Nov 30. But we'll give the Bruins a good fight, considering the two things we have against us right now.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24568 Oct 27, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall two years ago how proud we Bruins were by claiming that Pacific 12 Title despite having more losses than those nasty Trojans.
Don't forget about them having the nerve to petition the NCAA to play in a bowl and in so doing, coming right out and admitting they weren't even supposed to be in that conference championship game!! That's what was the funniest thing about any idiot who claimed they were the south "champs" that year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,640,105
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Complaining 319,691
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 min Patriot AKA Bozo 11,792
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web