UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32590 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#24350 Oct 21, 2013
Tough loss for the Bruins, but I think the timing was perfect. Had they won, they might have been riding into their game vs. Oregon with a little too much bluster. I think this might bring them down to earth a little and give them a bit of an edge this weekend.

With that said, I love to see the SEC mafia speak out of both sides of their mouth when they downplay the Vanderbilt and Tennessee wins over the so-called stronger teams of the SEC as showing how strong the SEC is, but when a ranked PAC-12 team loses to another ranked PAC-12 team it's because the PAC-12 is weak. While I would like to see UCLA defeat Oregon this weekend, I think the SEC mafia would use that as an excuse to exclude the PAC-12 completely from consideration for the MNC.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#24351 Oct 21, 2013
Are you men pissed off that Condy Rice was appointed to the play off committee?

Burn, baby, burn!

#24352 Oct 21, 2013
Oh yeah, let's not forget Mississippi over LSU and Auburn over aTm.

Burn, baby, burn!

#24353 Oct 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
Are you men pissed off that Condy Rice was appointed to the play off committee?
The fact that we have to bring in someone of her stature and intellect speaks volumes about the NCAA's dysfunction more than anything else.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#24354 Oct 21, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that we have to bring in someone of her stature and intellect speaks volumes about the NCAA's dysfunction more than anything else.
Interesting. All I heard all day on talk radio is only men should be on the committee. Very interesting point.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#24355 Oct 21, 2013
CPEM wrote:
Congrats to Notre Dame on their victory over my alma mater this past Saturday. I take no comfort in "moral victories," we need to right this ship. Again, congrats to ND, I can't wait until next season.
Oregon St is shaping up to be a tough game.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#24356 Oct 21, 2013
Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my partner Jonathan. I know your positive thoughts were out there, even if unsaid (thanks Nation). He is doing better :)

I don't know what I went through more this weekend, tissue because of my partner's medical condition, or Mylanta because of our shaky Bruin performance :(

I really do not like when they put a graphic up with my boy Hot Rod Hundley being considered in the Heisman race. It is obvious to all of us Bruins that he needs at least another year with Coach Jimmy :/

Begin October, maybe the coaches should take Hot Rod through some haunted attractions as a drill for not getting so scared when under pressure :/

Go Bruins! Oregon is next so I have the Mylanta unscrewed and ready!

West Hollywood, CA

#24357 Oct 21, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya Know trojan I understand you and CT's responses, however I know Woolfie, gone to lunch with her lived 3 houses away from her. Not defending her, but she has a good heart
Please Nation, no need to act snobbish and throw your beach lifestyle around to the rest of us hard working folk on Topix :/

I commend you for nixing the MBD moniker to try and create more of a layman's image, so no need to fall back into a pattern of affluent superiority. When we Bruins do that, we fall flat on our faces :(

But I am curious by your comment where you said "Not defending her, but she has a good heart". I understand the not defending part where you may want to distance yourself from controversial opinions you do not agree with, but we had a teacher in middle school that really disliked this one problem boy and publicly used the phrase "he has a good heart" in a way of not letting her inner frustrations be known :/

Go Bruins! Let's not get too uppity as Oregon comes next!

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#24358 Oct 21, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Oregon St is shaping up to be a tough game.
Oregon State is always the unknown. They are good, but on any week things can go one way or the other. Roman Sapolu, Jessie's boy is a Beaver. Injured in the Hawaii game.

West Hollywood, CA

#24359 Oct 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Miss Wolfie, I just let Nation know that I am defending you, whether none of my other Bruins are :/

So tell me Miss Wolfie, how is our old Bruin Coach Normie doing? Is the seat getting hotter by the day :(

Is it true what I am hearing that their only chance of winning a game this season is this weekend against Colorado State :/

Go Bruins, Go Norm-lead Warriors, Go Diva-sisterhood!

West Hollywood, CA

#24360 Oct 21, 2013
CPEM wrote:
Tough loss for the Bruins, but I think the timing was perfect. Had they won, they might have been riding into their game vs. Oregon with a little too much bluster. I think this might bring them down to earth a little and give them a bit of an edge this weekend.
Oh my Mister CPEM, I think flustered is a more appropriate word for my Bruins! And when you say down to earth that is being polite while amongst us bruins we are thinking more like "grounded" :/

We thought we had an "edge" after Stanford walloped us in our stadium last year and then we could go up to Palo Alto and "edge" them with vengeance the following week! Well that didn't work out too well :(

Go Bruins! Here comes Oregon so let's get our antacid's in order!

West Hollywood, CA

#24361 Oct 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oregon State is always the unknown. They are good, but on any week things can go one way or the other. Roman Sapolu, Jessie's boy is a Beaver. Injured in the Hawaii game.
Speaking of Roman, remember Roman Gabriel? He was a hottie ;)

Go Bruins, Go anything Roman!

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#24362 Oct 21, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Wolfie, I just let Nation know that I am defending you, whether none of my other Bruins are :/
So tell me Miss Wolfie, how is our old Bruin Coach Normie doing? Is the seat getting hotter by the day :(
Is it true what I am hearing that their only chance of winning a game this season is this weekend against Colorado State :/
Go Bruins, Go Norm-lead Warriors, Go Diva-sisterhood!
No he's fine.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24363 Oct 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't please explain? Seems like you have some experience.
Yeah, sure. Nice try, but lame.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24364 Oct 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
And your post are so classy? It's great material for a movie. Keep it up!
As I've stated, you get what you give. You being the classless piece of trash you are, that's what you get in return.

A movie! LOL!!! You're an idiot.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#24365 Oct 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>we're unbeaten in conference and non-conference...and #9 in the N A T I O N. nuff said!!! FACT!!!!!
Yeah , but they turned into the proverbial pumpkin and who knows what after next week.
Give Mora(who I don't like)credit though....did he go to a less cursing workshop or something?

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#24366 Oct 21, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my partner Jonathan. I know your positive thoughts were out there, even if unsaid (thanks Nation). He is doing better :)
I don't know what I went through more this weekend, tissue because of my partner's medical condition, or Mylanta because of our shaky Bruin performance :(
I really do not like when they put a graphic up with my boy Hot Rod Hundley being considered in the Heisman race. It is obvious to all of us Bruins that he needs at least another year with Coach Jimmy :/
Begin October, maybe the coaches should take Hot Rod through some haunted attractions as a drill for not getting so scared when under pressure :/
Go Bruins! Oregon is next so I have the Mylanta unscrewed and ready!
screw you and Jonathan.

West Hollywood, CA

#24367 Oct 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>screw you and Jonathan.
Lifer please, while I appreciate the raunchy display of Bruin manhood, now is not the time for sexual innuendos :/

Go Bruins, Go Recovery!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24368 Oct 21, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah , but they turned into the proverbial pumpkin and who knows what after next week.
Give Mora(who I don't like)credit though....did he go to a less cursing workshop or something?
Well, you are referring to a team who complained during the past 2 games about 2 guys who are currently injured. Yet when we mentioned the approximately 15 or so we're down (10 + injuries), we're "making excuses". Idiots don't know anything about sports.

And now with an interim coach, they're too retarded to recognize that as a slight disadvantage.

No worries. Another few months on one issue. One season more on the other. Let them enjoy it while it lasts. They'll try and pretend they did it while we were fully loaded. You'd think they were chicks.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#24369 Oct 21, 2013
Thought some of us Topix posters might like this. The annual Forbes poll of the Top Ten Most Disliked Players in the NFL. The highlights (or maybe lowlights depending what college you follow):

#5 – Mark Sanchez
#9 – Carson Palmer
#10 – Reggie Bush

Hmmm, I see a pattern here! Heh heh heh heh heh heh

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/the-10-most...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Dept of State 1,457,927
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr silly rabbit 312,664
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 hr Eagle 12 258,039
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Fri Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Nov 20 Sandra Tillman 16
More from around the web