UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32289 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23880 Oct 15, 2013
BN, I never really claimed USC was QB U until my most recent posts and the only reason I brought it up was because of people who want to knock anyone who didn't become a hall of famer.

I never knocked Maddox, McNown or any other player who got drafted and ended up a bust. To be even the bottom of the barrel in the NFL is still pretty bad ass. How many of us would give our left nut to have been George Plimpton or Vince Papale for just a day!

I don't know about you, but I would have.

Have a good one!

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#23881 Oct 15, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you've PROVEN USC is QB U. You couldn't name one other school that had 5 who were even drafted in the past 10 years.
Thank you.
and none of the usc QBs in the NFL worth a shyt..
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23882 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>and none of the usc QBs in the NFL worth a shyt..
Still way better than the ones coming out of UCLA over the past 10 years! FIVE...count 'em FIVE!!!

Hater.
Bruinn Fann

West Covina, CA

#23883 Oct 15, 2013
Sad day for we Bruinns...Over the weekend openly gay boxer Orlando Cruz was defeated, Orlando is a big Bruinn supporter and a member of our Bruin Hot Tub Society a loss for Orlando is a loss to all Bruins..Shame BFL doesn't recieve the same recognition as Orlando BFL and BN were out of the closet years ago...Sad day in Westwood, our rainbow flag is at half way up...Go Bruinns!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23884 Oct 15, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you've PROVEN USC is QB U. You couldn't name one other school that had 5 who were even drafted in the past 10 years.
Thank you.
did ya miss this post to CT ??
The FACTS from Wikipedia:
"an Altoona Mirror writer sought to name "Quarterback U" by player achievements, such as NFL starts, Pro Bowl appearances, and Heisman Trophies won. He noted that, in the Super Bowl era, USC (15), Notre Dame (13), Washington (12), Miami (10), Stanford (10), and UCLA (10) produced at least ten starting NFL quarterbacks, while Purdue recorded the most combined NFL career starts (704). The article concluded that no single program deserved the title significantly more than others"

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23885 Oct 15, 2013
Trojan wrote:
BN, I never really claimed USC was QB U until my most recent posts and the only reason I brought it up was because of people who want to knock anyone who didn't become a hall of famer.
I never knocked Maddox, McNown or any other player who got drafted and ended up a bust. To be even the bottom of the barrel in the NFL is still pretty bad ass. How many of us would give our left nut to have been George Plimpton or Vince Papale for just a day!
I don't know about you, but I would have.
Have a good one!
Maddox, McNown weren't Heisman winners,or National Champions and projected by Bruin fans to be great NFL QB's as Leinart was. Leinart
is considered to be one of the biggest bust in the NFL
Bruinn Fann

West Covina, CA

#23886 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Maddox, McNown weren't Heisman winners,or National Champions and projected by Bruin fans to be great NFL QB's as Leinart was. Leinart
is considered to be one of the biggest bust in the NFL
I say ol boy since when does success in the collegiate game guarantee a successfull reign in the professional ranks? Only a silly disfigured ninny would dabble in such foolery. Take our only Heisman Trophy winner the Impeccable Gary Beban, the lad romped through the collegiate ranks and even led our Bruins to a rare win over mighty USC,yet the ol boy was nothing but a wash as a pro. No reason to bagg on a player because he never made it to the professional ranks our Bruin Qb's are notorious for failing as professionals...Go Bruinns!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23887 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Maddox, McNown weren't Heisman winners,or National Champions and projected by Bruin fans to be great NFL QB's as Leinart was. Leinart
is considered to be one of the biggest bust in the NFL
BFD. The best QB's in the NFL are often guys who didn't excel in college. It's a completely different game.

I'm sure he's really sad about it and crying his way to the bank. Not that I've ever thought that was the absolute measure of a man. But assuming he is wise with his money, he'll never have to worry about keeping a roof over his head and providing for his family. In this day & age, that's pretty good. Not to mention him being there all the time for his son, as even JMW has admitted.

Knock him all you want, he still got there which is more than any of us can say. You're a hater. Maybe to a lesser degree than BFL & JMW, but a hater.

GO DODGERS!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23889 Oct 15, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD. The best QB's in the NFL are often guys who didn't excel in college. It's a completely different game.
I'm sure he's really sad about it and crying his way to the bank. Not that I've ever thought that was the absolute measure of a man. But assuming he is wise with his money, he'll never have to worry about keeping a roof over his head and providing for his family. In this day & age, that's pretty good. Not to mention him being there all the time for his son, as even JMW has admitted.
Knock him all you want, he still got there which is more than any of us can say. You're a hater. Maybe to a lesser degree than BFL & JMW, but a hater.
GO DODGERS!!
Hater is a little strong here, to hate takes an effort, he's not worth my time, don't like the guy, heck yes, never denied that, I'll bet there are some people in your life that you don't like, but thats doesn't mean your a hater either,
A little strong there trojan.
Julie Awunan

United States

#23890 Oct 15, 2013
Are you a male in search of a female spouse?
Are you a female in search of a female spouse?
Then push your request to [email protected]
add your name, age, height, occupation, your resident location, complexion, and ofcourse your spouse description. You pay only a token and get to meet with varieties.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23891 Oct 15, 2013
this id for CPEM, trojan and CT
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/will-ferrell-...
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23892 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Hater is a little strong here, to hate takes an effort, he's not worth my time, don't like the guy, heck yes, never denied that, I'll bet there are some people in your life that you don't like, but thats doesn't mean your a hater either,
A little strong there trojan.
Yeah, I guess it would have been better if he hadn't even given it a shot. He should have just recognized that maybe he didn't have what it took and said no, when he got drafted. LOL!!

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Gretzky
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23893 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
this id for CPEM, trojan and CT
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/will-ferrell-...
Thanks, but he's one Trojan whose work I'm not particularly fond of. Happy for him and the fact many people LOVE his work!! Doesn't seem like a bad guy, just not into it. Actually, I can say that about quite a few comedic actors. Here are the ones who have ONE piece of work I enjoyed:

Ferrell - Elf
Carey - The Mask
Sandler - Don't Mess With the Zohan
Stiller - Dodgeball

I know I'm probably selling them short and should give more of their stuff a try. But I have too many other things going on and other movies I think are a better use of 2 hours. But for people who love that kind of stuff? It's all good. They'd probably hate the movies I enjoy!! Neither right or wrong, just different tastes.

Kind of like me not caring for blonds.:-)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23894 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Failures in the NFL, Leinart, Booty, Cassel, Shanchez... Palmer is the only one that has done anything in the NFL.
Just saying.
Nation please, we will lose this battle every time :/

We Bruins have had failures at the college level the last 10 years, let alone even thinking of the NFL :(

Prince :(
Brehaut :(
Craft :(
Cowan :(
The Olson Twins :(
Paus :(
Bennett :(

Go Bruins! At least Hot Rod Hundley has been a shimmer of light in the long, dark tunnel!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23895 Oct 15, 2013
Trojan wrote:
BN, I never really claimed USC was QB U until my most recent posts and the only reason I brought it up was because of people who want to knock anyone who didn't become a hall of famer.
I never knocked Maddox, McNown or any other player who got drafted and ended up a bust. To be even the bottom of the barrel in the NFL is still pretty bad ass. How many of us would give our left nut to have been George Plimpton or Vince Papale for just a day!
I don't know about you, but I would have.
Have a good one!
Yummy!!! We Bruins give both nuts at the MBD tub parties ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhh Goooooooooo Bruins!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23896 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
A little strong there trojan fella :(
Now now Nation. We don't need any Bruin tears BEFORE this weekend :/

Go Bruins. Let's smile while we can shall we!
Trojan

Los Angeles, CA

#23897 Oct 15, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but he's one Trojan whose work I'm not particularly fond of. Happy for him and the fact many people LOVE his work!! Doesn't seem like a bad guy, just not into it. Actually, I can say that about quite a few comedic actors. Here are the ones who have ONE piece of work I enjoyed:
Ferrell - Elf
Carey - The Mask
Sandler - Don't Mess With the Zohan
Stiller - Dodgeball
I know I'm probably selling them short and should give more of their stuff a try. But I have too many other things going on and other movies I think are a better use of 2 hours. But for people who love that kind of stuff? It's all good. They'd probably hate the movies I enjoy!! Neither right or wrong, just different tastes.
Kind of like me not caring for blonds.:-)
Its amazing how stupid you are.

Hilarious.
Jonathan

Los Angeles, CA

#23898 Oct 15, 2013
Julie Awunan wrote:
Are you a male in search of a female spouse?
Are you a female in search of a female spouse?
Then push your request to [email protected]
add your name, age, height, occupation, your resident location, complexion, and ofcourse your spouse description. You pay only a token and get to meet with varieties.
Do you have a site for us gay men? PPPete/Fight On is becoming handful, due to him not taking his medicacations for Mental disorder. I will will for your reply. Thanks sweeite.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#23899 Oct 15, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard Back Home to Lahaina closed, sad
Long time ago. Months.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#23900 Oct 15, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me some schools with that many QB's in the NFL in the past 10 years, bench warmers or not! Dang, you're stupid.
So, you've mention Luck, that's one for Stanford. Peyton, one for Tennessee.
Any school would consider themselves pretty freakin' bad ass to have FIVE in the past 10 years! I'll wait here for you to name another 4 or 5 schools with that many. I can guarantee you won't name more than that and I haven't even looked it up.
But where are they now? It's about longevity. They don't seem to have longevity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,395,313
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr IB DaMann 9,863
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Todd for Real 311,342
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr Barbi A 201,865
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 hr ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web