UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
22,421 - 22,440 of 27,092 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“112 National Titles”

Since: Aug 09

AND COUNTING!!!

#23706 Oct 11, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Okay Robmaster, let me see if I got this straight.
*USC just beat a 3-2 & 0-2 Pac12 opponent by 7 points
*UCLA (a week ago) beat a 3-2 & 0-2 Pac12 opponent by 7 points
*USC had 38 more total yards then their opponent
*UCLA had 17 more yards then their opponent
*USC QB Kessler had 297 yd passing, 2 TDs, no INTS and a passer rating of 90.6
*UCLA QB Hundley had 211 yd passing, 1 TD, 1 INT and a passer rating of 56.7
*USC outrushed (by talented committee) the team with the best RB in college football 249 yards to 145 yards
*USC top WR had 7 catches for 161 yards while UCLA top WR was 3 catches for 68 yards
Sounds like if we suck after re-discovering ourselves, then that means the (B)ruins have already started their demise and after youR gimme game against Cal, you will certainly not want to look at the (B)ruin box scores after that. You thought Hundley was pressured by Utah in throwing that pick-six?! Man is that (B)ruin reality check gonna hurt... HaHa
USC - FIGHT ON AND WIN WITH OUR NEW CEO!
oh gosh chosen traveler what was I thinking!!??,you are so right! you guys should be the number 11 ranked team, and we should be the ones scraping the bottom of the barrel. Lmfao

“112 National Titles”

Since: Aug 09

AND COUNTING!!!

#23707 Oct 11, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>So Robbie, let me give the rest of Topix what I (and they) may think to be a very practical scenario going in the USC versus UCLA showdown in our Coliseum November 30th:
UCLA (1-0) Remaining Conference Schedule
Cal (win) 2-0
Stanford (loss) 2-1
Oregon (loss) 2-2
Colorado (win) 3-2
Arizona (win) 4-2
Washingotn (loss) 4-3
ASU (loss) 4-4
USC (1-2) Remaining Conference Schedule
Utah (win) 2-2
Oregon State (loss) 2-3
Cal (win) 3-3
Stanford (loss) 3-4
Colorado (win) 4-4
A 4-4 versus 4-4 for all the Pac-12 South marbles could be at stake for the winner depending on whai t ASU does. Now of course you will be unreasonable here and try to say your (B)ruins will win (HaHa) every game, so okay let's pretend and give you one more win (amongst Stanford, WU, and ASU) making your boys 5-3 and USC 4-4 going into our showdown. Winner still takes all because the head-to-head victory. I think BN and Brew In would even have to agree that this scenario could be very realistic
USC - WE FIGHT ON WITH CEO AND WINfor your team, but the only game I see you may be winning is Colorado and that's it.
I love your optimismbut that's not going to happen in your predictions on USC or UCLA

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23708 Oct 11, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>oh gosh chosen traveler what was I thinking!!??,you are so right! you guys should be the number 11 ranked team, and we should be the ones scraping the bottom of the barrel. Lmfao
Well Lifer, you did boast that you underestimated Utah yet you said those nasty Trojans suck and Arizona should have beat them. That identical win-loss statistics of Utah and Arizona rather put a damper on our Bruin party tonight and the reality of what lies ahead on our schedule :/

But don't worry, we voted you take the night off this week ;)

Go Bruins! Hot Tub Absentees be ready for double the fun next week!

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23710 Oct 11, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>So Robbie, let me give the rest of Topix what I (and they) may think to be a very practical scenario going in the USC versus UCLA showdown in our Coliseum November 30th:
UCLA (1-0) Remaining Conference Schedule
Cal (win) 2-0
Stanford (loss) 2-1
Oregon (loss) 2-2
Colorado (win) 3-2
Arizona (win) 4-2
Washingotn (loss) 4-3
ASU (loss) 4-4
USC (1-2) Remaining Conference Schedule
Utah (win) 2-2
Oregon State (loss) 2-3
Cal (win) 3-3
Stanford (loss) 3-4
Colorado (win) 4-4
A 4-4 versus 4-4 for all the Pac-12 South marbles could be at stake for the winner depending on what ASU does. Now of course you will be unreasonable here and try to say your (B)ruins will win (HaHa) every game, so okay let's pretend and give you one more win (amongst Stanford, WU, and ASU) making your boys 5-3 and USC 4-4 going into our showdown. Winner still takes all because the head-to-head victory. I think BN and Brew In would even have to agree that this scenario could be very realistic
USC - WE FIGHT ON WITH CEO AND WIN
BOOKMARK... check

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#23711 Oct 12, 2013
Chosen Traveler Your Village Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, like failing to cross the 50 yard line in an embarrassing team representation of the Big Game with millions watching...And laughing! HaHaHaHa
> Embarrassing: USC Falling from the #1 ranking in 2012 CFB to completely out of the Top-25 in the same year, and, losing to the only team playing in a bowl game with a losing record! All of that aided by CT (YVI) opening his big mouth and proclaiming USC as "our" 2012 Pac-12, BCS National Champion with "our" 2012 Heisman Trophy Winner! The THUD heard 'round the CFB World! Now, that's embarrassing, and, funny as $#!+ to boot! LMAO!!!
>:D

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23712 Oct 12, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Embarrassing: USC Falling from the #1 ranking in 2012 CFB to completely out of the Top-25 in the same year, and, losing to the only team playing in a bowl game with a losing record! All of that aided by CT (YVI) opening his big mouth and proclaiming USC as "our" 2012 Pac-12, BCS National Champion with "our" 2012 Heisman Trophy Winner! The THUD heard 'round the CFB World! Now, that's embarrassing, and, funny as $#!+ to boot! LMAO!!!
>:D
Such negativity all around Coach :/

You like to bring up the pre-season #1 fall from grace about USC last year, the Trojans bring up how we lost to them 50-0 a few seasons ago, and the rest of the world will never let you and LSU live down that 50 yard line, worst performance in BCS history thing :(

Go Bruins, Go Tigers1 Gimme Some Lovin'!
Bruinn Fann

Rosemead, CA

#23713 Oct 12, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Such negativity all around Coach :/
You like to bring up the pre-season #1 fall from grace about USC last year, the Trojans bring up how we lost to them 50-0 a few seasons ago, and the rest of the world will never let you and LSU live down that 50 yard line, worst performance in BCS history thing :(
Go Bruins, Go Tigers1 Gimme Some Lovin'!
Oh quite a sad scene around my beloved Westwood ol boy. Our Bruins haven't been in a meaningful gridiron scuff since the 1975 Rosebowl when our lads trounced the once mighty Ohio Buckeyes..I am a tad confused on who to cheer for tonight. Is it the Blue and Gold Bears or the Blue and Gold Bruins? We boys share the same fight song, the same colours the same mascot we are both perennial losers when it comes to the grid iron ol boy. Aim for the bottom you still will hit a bear with a losing record. If only we lads had a mighty fight song like ol SC and a unique nickname like the lads from LA, oh drat someone has to empty the rubbish it might as well be our boys.....Go Bruins!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23714 Oct 12, 2013
Two great upsets so far! Corso picked Mizzou.

Let's see if UW and Cal can do the same!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#23715 Oct 12, 2013
It's to bad folks in Central and Eastern time don't watch PAC 12 games. If they moved them up three hours so ,any folks would watch those games.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23716 Oct 12, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
It's to bad folks in Central and Eastern time don't watch PAC 12 games. If they moved them up three hours so ,any folks would watch those games.
More stupidity. As if her inability to comprehend that teams can't dictate all on their own, who they play, wasn't enough, here is more evidence.

Just like you, money dictates everything the conference does. The schools have no say in the matter.

You really should educate yourself before writing about things and showing your ignorance.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#23717 Oct 12, 2013
Well , we keep up our end of the bargain rep'ng LA....now lets see if you can keep up your half of the deal tonight!

Prediction:

Cal - 24
UCLA - 20

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#23718 Oct 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>More stupidity. As if her inability to comprehend that teams can't dictate all on their own, who they play, wasn't enough, here is more evidence.

Just like you, money dictates everything the conference does. The schools have no say in the matter.

You really should educate yourself before writing about things and showing your ignorance.
Your loss less Heisman votes dumb ass.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23719 Oct 12, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your loss less Heisman votes dumb ass.
You've got no room to call anyone dumb ass, Dumbass!

1) Thinking Rice, Houston State and UTEP are a tough OOC schedule! LOL!!

2) Not knowing USC can't FORCE other teams to play them!!

3) Your own "2013 team" A&M wussing out on playing USC!!

4) Thinking we can just tell TV networks what time we want our games aired!!

5) Idolizing a psycho who pretended to have a terminally ill gf to try and garner more Heisman votes!!

6) Idolizing an arrogant ASS in 2013, who thinks he can do whatever he wants and say whatever he wants because he won the Heisman last year. Figures trash like you would admire trash like Manziel.

As I stated...no room to call anyone dumb ass.

Westwood

#23720 Oct 12, 2013
24- 14 Utah over Stnford 4 qtr

Westwood

#23721 Oct 12, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
Well , we keep up our end of the bargain rep'ng LA....now lets see if you can keep up your half of the deal tonight!
Prediction:
Cal - 24
UCLA - 20
Nostradamus is on the crack pipe again
AYFKMF???
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23722 Oct 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostradamus is on the crack pipe again
AYFKMF???
I don't know, Man.

Texas, Missouri and now Utah!! Could happen.

The Child Molesters are playing Michigan really tough right now. But Michigan's gonna win it in 3OT.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23723 Oct 12, 2013
WOW!! Michigan misses the FG!!

The Molesters are still in it!!! Rob must be so proud, since he's defended them so much.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23724 Oct 12, 2013
Add the CHild molesters to that list, BN!!!

With the exception of Mizzou, they were all unranked beating ranked!!
Irish

Los Angeles, CA

#23725 Oct 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
WOW!! Michigan misses the FG!!
The Molesters are still in it!!! Rob must be so proud, since he's defended them so much.
Only a USC fan would post something this heinous. Making jokes about kids being raped ? I guess that should be expected with your fan base.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23726 Oct 12, 2013
Irish wrote:
<quoted text>Only a USC fan would post something this heinous. Making jokes about kids being raped ? I guess that should be expected with your fan base.
Dumbass, what joke did I post? A coach did it, the head coach and an assistant coach knew about it and tried to cover it up. A moron on this thread has defended them and said they never should have been penalized. Hell! Even the NCAA came back and said the penlaties were too harsh!!

All I said was the molesters won.

Grow a brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min No Surprize 1,100,636
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Just Think 226,400
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 305,467
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000