UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 36089 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23602 Oct 9, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldnt say sour grapes but there certainly is a few rotten apples in the bushel. I wont go as far to say Wooden was directly involved but I think someone of his great intellect wouldnt be completely oblivious of "things" happening. So to say my claims are asinine would again be like you are that old time wrestling fan that found out it is fake but you love it so much to ever show contempt towards it.
I admit I have not read it entirely but here are excerpts of UCLAs very own beloved Bill Walton and his book back in the late seventies called “Bill Walton: On The Road with the Portland Trailblazers:
"I hate to say anything that may hurt UCLA, but I can't be quiet when I see what the NCAA is doing (to other coaches) only because (they have) a reputation for giving a second chance to many black athletes other coaches have branded as troublemakers. The NCAA is working night and day trying to get (them), but no one from the NCAA ever questioned me during my four years at UCLA."
“UCLA players were so well taken care of – far beyond the ground rules of the NCAA – that even players from poor backgrounds never left UCLA prematurely (for pro basketball) during John Wooden’s championship years."
“If the UCLA teams of the late 1960s and early 1970s were subjected to the kind of scrutiny (other schools) have been, UCLA would probably have to forfeit about eight national championships and be on probation for the next 100 years.
The question is always why would UCLA have to cheat, good academics, attractive campus and proximity to talent. But it is telling that it took Wooden, arguably the greatest coach of all time, 15 seasons to win a national title. Before Gilbert got involved and the talent arrived, the Bruins weren't the best. What does that tell you Robbie? Apparently a team capturing 10 titles in 12 years, putting together undefeated season after undefeated season, recruiting high school All-Americans from all over the country to sit on the bench, yet never having them transfer or declare hardship wasnt enough for it to dawn on anyone in the NCAA that, gee, maybe they are cheating? But that is your NCAA. And that is your college athletics, where corner cutting doesnt make a guy a bad person; it makes him a successful coach. The sooner you accept that there are no angels in this business, no white hats and black hats as the NCAA would like people to believe with its public relations campaign of a rule book. Everything is a shade of grey. Everything is situational ethics. Everything is pick your poison. Even the so-called great UCLA legacy. Even the great John Wooden. Wake up and "really" taste the beer Rob… HaHa
Not sure all Bruins feel that Bill Walton was beloved, thoses are your words, He was a great player at UCLA, but caused the university problems.
I could mention a "few" beloved trojans that embarrassed USC.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#23603 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) We can't schedule teams without their agreement, you idiot. Perfect example...A&M wussed out from playing USC!
2) I love how you conventiently leave out ND, your 2012 team! ROFLMAO!!
Damn, you're stupid, esp. for being stupid enough to think "nuff said" means anything!! What an idiot.
Hon I posted months ago that the SEC did not want A&M playing USC. USC not good enough Hon.

Laugh all you want. Go back and read December of last year.

“Long Season Ahead”

Location hidden

#23604 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. They still could have saved him after the fact. But they chose to save a life long criminal.
Yes it does. Go take a history class, Hon.

“Long Season Ahead”

Location hidden

#23605 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get on Norm for having a shit team, since you're supposedly an island girl! Hilarious, how you claim to be a Hawaii supporter, but you're calling them out for being shit here and coming down on USC for playing them.
Besides...Rice, Sam Houston State and Rice?! Give me a break!! Esp. so shortly after A&M wussed out, you'd think you wouldn't be stupid enough to remark about us needing to schedule tougher opponents. Use all of your connections wth A&M and tell them to quit being so chicken shit.
Who has the money? By now you should be winning games Hon.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23606 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon I posted months ago that the SEC did not want A&M playing USC. USC not good enough Hon.
Laugh all you want. Go back and read December of last year.
It doesn't matter when you TRIED to make that claim. You can pretend all you want, the fact is they wussed out. They were afraid to play USC, so don't make yoursel look like even more of an idiot by saying USC should schedule tougher teams.

Even if it was for the bs reason you're claiming,(which it isn't), the fact they backed out shows what I've always said. We can't schedule them just because we want to. THEY have to agree to it, you flippin' airhead!! Damn, you're stupid.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23607 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't change the fact that your people killed Jesus.

“Long Season Ahead”

Location hidden

#23608 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) We can't schedule teams without their agreement, you idiot. Perfect example...A&M wussed out from playing USC!
2) I love how you conventiently leave out ND, your 2012 team! ROFLMAO!!
Damn, you're stupid, esp. for being stupid enough to think "nuff said" means anything!! What an idiot.
Here you go dumb ass!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-...
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23609 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go dumb ass!
I don't need it. They can claim whatever they want. The truth is, they pussed out.

You're the dumb ass for believing their bullshit.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23610 Oct 9, 2013
Hilarious!! Stupid enough to call out USC for not scheduling tough opponents, when the fickle bitch's "2013 team" pussed out. They don't come much stupider than that.

You must be blonde. Does the carpet match the drapes?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23611 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
You can still be friends with folks and agree to disagree. That's what ADULTS do Hon.
Well stated Miss Wolfie. Lifer, Nation, Brewski, and I disagree on a lot of things but we are like D'Artagnan and those men in tights, the three Bruin musketeers ;)

Go Bruins! I will let the fellas decide who is D'Artagnan!

West Hollywood, CA

#23612 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Miss Wolfie there is no history books on this matter, only the Good Book :/

Is that what you meant, because my partner Jonathan could assist us here. Unfortunately as much as I dislike agreeing with those nasty Trojans, I do believe Mister Trojan is correct here :/

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#23613 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Intresting article on USA today, mock draft if everone was eligible:
1. Jaguars
Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
2. Giants
Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina
3. Steelers
Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M
4. Buccaneers
Brett Hundley, QB UCLA
5. Falcons
Anthony Barr, LB UCLA
6. Rams (via WASH)
Sammie Watkins, WR Clemson
7. Vikings
Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon
8. Panthers
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT Alabama
9. Texans
Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M
10. Rams
Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
Balance:
http://q.usatoday.com/2013/10/09/jameis-winst...
what???? 2 Bruins in the top-5??? no trojan in the top-10??? my oh my!!! how things have changed in Los Angeles football...of course a certain moron insists we must have 4 or 5 consecutive wins over them for UCLA to be considered currently the top program in L.A.

#23614 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go dumb ass!
Of course!! you think USC is gonna try and scheduling any of the top teams? when they scheduled Utah State 3 years ago UTS was a shytty program, and USC was shaking in their boots probably saying "we had no idea they would be competitive in 2013" so is it a surprise they would wuss out playing A&M? not surprising at all!!

West Hollywood, CA

#23615 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
Hilarious!! Stupid enough to call out USC for not scheduling tough opponents, when the fickle bitch's "2013 team" pussed out. They don't come much stupider than that.
You must be blonde. Does the carpet match the drapes?
Please sir, such disparaging remarks about my friend Miss Wolfie. Next thing I expect to hear out of you fellas mouths is something like "a lot of people from her past would know if the carpet matched the drapes!" This barrage of uncomfortable reminders must stop I tell you :/

#23616 Oct 9, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldnt say sour grapes but there certainly is a few rotten apples in the bushel. I wont go as far to say Wooden was directly involved but I think someone of his great intellect wouldnt be completely oblivious of "things" happening. So to say my claims are asinine would again be like you are that old time wrestling fan that found out it is fake but you love it so much to ever show contempt towards it.
I admit I have not read it entirely but here are excerpts of UCLAs very own beloved Bill Walton and his book back in the late seventies called “Bill Walton: On The Road with the Portland Trailblazers:
"I hate to say anything that may hurt UCLA, but I can't be quiet when I see what the NCAA is doing (to other coaches) only because (they have) a reputation for giving a second chance to many black athletes other coaches have branded as troublemakers. The NCAA is working night and day trying to get (them), but no one from the NCAA ever questioned me during my four years at UCLA."
“UCLA players were so well taken care of – far beyond the ground rules of the NCAA – that even players from poor backgrounds never left UCLA prematurely (for pro basketball) during John Wooden’s championship years."
The question is always why would UCLA have to cheat, good academics, attractive campus and proximity to talent. But it is telling that it took Wooden, arguably the greatest coach of all time, 15 seasons to win a national title. Before Gilbert got involved and the talent arrived, the Bruins weren't the best. What does that tell you Robbie? Apparently a team capturing 10 titles in 12 years, putting together undefeated season after undefeated season, recruiting high school All-Americans from all over the country to sit on the bench, yet never having them transfer or declare hardship wasnt enough for it to dawn on anyone in the NCAA that, gee, maybe they are cheating? But that is your NCAA. And that is your college athletics, where corner cutting doesnt make a guy a bad person; it makes him a successful coach. The sooner you accept that there are no angels in this business, no white hats and black hats as the NCAA would like people to believe with its public relations campaign of a rule book. Everything is a shade of grey. Everything is situational ethics. Everything is pick your poison. Even the so-called great UCLA legacy. Even the great John Wooden. Wake up and "really" taste the beer Rob… HaHa
Like I said many times, I have never disputed Sam Gilbert giving BB players gifts, just like there are many USC player receiving gifts TODAY from fans and alums, like for example: ever see a fan offering food to a player after a game, as the fans continue their tailgate fun?? it's the same thing. Now, if JW knew about his players receiving cash and other things and he turned the other way, or UCLA, I don't know, only JW knew...and there was something he took it to his grave or someone has been holding these secrets - I don't know, and neither do you.

What I do know, is the NCAA investigated the case and they dropped the case saying the had no improperities or violations (maybe second tier? IDK) but the charged were D-R-O-P-P-E-D...therefore no probation, no violations, no sanctions = clean slate.

If he JW did cheat, he was smart, not like the stupid trojans who had an Assistant coach Marv Goux giving the player money directly from the boosters and USC got hammered by the NCAA. and this, you hypocryt, was at the exact same time JW and UCLA were supposedly according to jealous trOJans "cheating" LMAO that's right this happened while John McKay RIP was winning national titles and Anthony Munoz driving a new Cadillac, courtesy of your boosters, through your asistant Marv Goux, RIP

Come at me with more substantial claims, show me where UCLA was caught cheating...until then? S O U R G R A P E S
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23617 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Of course!! you think USC is gonna try and scheduling any of the top teams?
We did try, you freakin' idiot!! It was A&M who pussed out. Geez, no wonder you & the ditz get along so well.

Idiots.

West Hollywood, CA

#23618 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>what???? 2 Bruins in the top-5??? no trojan in the top-10??? my oh my!!! how things have changed in Los Angeles football...of course a certain moron insists we must have 4 or 5 consecutive wins over them for UCLA to be considered currently the top program in L.A.
Lifer please, Bruins or not, a mid season poll guessing about a draft that doesn't happen until late spring. I am also ashamed of nation for even posting this :/

And I would think you would be more cautious here, especially with Hot Rod Hundley's welfare. Matthew Barkley would have been the number one NFL pick with a poll like this last year at this time!

Go Bruins! We don't need Houdini-like predictions right now!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23619 Oct 9, 2013
Props to USC chemistry professor Arieh Warshel awarded Nobel Prize

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-...

West Hollywood, CA

#23620 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said many times, I have never disputed Sam Gilbert giving BB players gifts, just like there are many USC player receiving gifts TODAY from fans and alums, like for example: ever see a fan offering food to a player after a game, as the fans continue their tailgate fun?? it's the same thing. Now, if JW knew about his players receiving cash and other things and he turned the other way, or UCLA, I don't know, only JW knew...and there was something he took it to his grave or someone has been holding these secrets - I don't know, and neither do you.
What I do know, is the NCAA investigated the case and they dropped the case saying the had no improperities or violations (maybe second tier? IDK) but the charged were D-R-O-P-P-E-D...therefore no probation, no violations, no sanctions = clean slate.
If he JW did cheat, he was smart, not like the stupid trojans who had an Assistant coach Marv Goux giving the player money directly from the boosters and USC got hammered by the NCAA. and this, you hypocryt, was at the exact same time JW and UCLA were supposedly according to jealous trOJans "cheating" LMAO that's right this happened while John McKay RIP was winning national titles and Anthony Munoz driving a new Cadillac, courtesy of your boosters, through your asistant Marv Goux, RIP
Come at me with more substantial claims, show me where UCLA was caught cheating...until then? S O U R G R A P E S
Lifer do we have to regurgitate this again. Let's quit before one of those Bruin players for Coach Johnny's era decides to have a tell all on their death bed :/

To help calm you down, you can have my bagel with the "special" cream cheese ;)

Go Bruins! We all have cheated we know that, so let's at least try to be secretive while doing it!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23621 Oct 9, 2013
LOL!! So the only reason Trojans remark about JW's cheating way is "jealousy"? What an absolute moron.

Only jealousy going on here is you, for not being able to get into or graduate from either USC or UCLA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min puppy power 1 345,946
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min VetnorsGate 1,780,753
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May '18 AndPhartse 2