UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32288 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23590 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon...who turned Jesus to the Jews?
Doesn't matter. They still could have saved him after the fact. But they chose to save a life long criminal.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23591 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, Hawaii, BC and USU. Nuff said!
You should get on Norm for having a shit team, since you're supposedly an island girl! Hilarious, how you claim to be a Hawaii supporter, but you're calling them out for being shit here and coming down on USC for playing them.

Besides...Rice, Sam Houston State and Rice?! Give me a break!! Esp. so shortly after A&M wussed out, you'd think you wouldn't be stupid enough to remark about us needing to schedule tougher opponents. Use all of your connections wth A&M and tell them to quit being so chicken shit.

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#23592 Oct 9, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are trynig to use that diabolical Stone Cold Steve Austin stunner on me Robbie. Yeah, keep believin... HaHa
unless you can back up you asinine claims about that JW and/or UCLA had anything to do with an "overzealous" fan like Sam Gilbert, it sounds to me like a bunch of sour grapes.

UCLA #11 and climbing.
USC 0-2 in coference and falling by the wayside.

USC making ridicuous claims (LIES, LIES, PURE LIES) that they don't have any idea who approached Dungy to become the next coach...yeah, I would be embarrassed too, if I claimed that all we gotta is have a coaching spot open and that the entire world of coaching candidated will "flock to us, because we are USC" ROTFLMFAO!!!

#23593 Oct 9, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Lifer, while you are up in San Francisco and momentarily experiencing a liberating occurrence on social issues, could you stop by The Posh Bagel over in the Castro District and get me an Everything Bagel" with extra cream cheese please :)
Go Bruins, Go Scrumptious ;)
PPPeeOnFightOn, it figures you would know all the establishments in Castro District...isn't that clinic where you had the sex change around the corner from "The Posh Bagel"?

#23594 Oct 9, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly looking tougher top to bottom, but lets not forget that UCLA and USC never play division AA schools like the SEC does annually and multiple times. As for our PAC12 counterparts, well they do the same as the SEC does with OOC competition...
what?????????? a post by you without a UCLA attack????? whoa!!! am I dreaming????????

#23595 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. They still could have saved him after the fact. But they chose to save a life long criminal.
"a life long criminal" that sounds familiar, I'm sure Barabas would have been the OJ of our time...except, in those days you didn't get away with murder. LOL

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#23596 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) We can't schedule teams without their agreement, you idiot. Perfect example...A&M wussed out from playing USC!
2) I love how you conventiently leave out ND, your 2012 team! ROFLMAO!!
Damn, you're stupid, esp. for being stupid enough to think "nuff said" means anything!! What an idiot.
“Nuff said” is her idiotic attempt at Americanizing her ghetto pidgin island talk. She would normally say something like pau, meaning finished with, if amongst fellow Islanders in her ignorant uneducated talk. I learned a lot of this from surfing over on the Islands (will try to every time I make a visit) and I picked up what all her A-hole momona brah (fat brothers) think they are getting away with calling us hoale (mainlanders) a bunch of names.

But all in all, most of them are a bunch of jealous phussies and ingrates despite the US modernizing them and putting them on the map. otherwise they would be Samoa North. That’s why it hurts them so much when the Trojans come over and kick the poi out of the ahss when we play them... HaHa
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23597 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>"a life long criminal" that sounds familiar, I'm sure Barabas would have been the OJ of our time...except, in those days you didn't get away with murder. LOL
You don't know that OJ did either. You're just dumb enough to THINK you do.

Only One knows for sure.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23598 Oct 9, 2013
Intresting article on USA today, mock draft if everone was eligible:
1. Jaguars
Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville

2. Giants
Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina

3. Steelers
Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M

4. Buccaneers
Brett Hundley, QB UCLA

5. Falcons
Anthony Barr, LB UCLA

6. Rams (via WASH)
Sammie Watkins, WR Clemson

7. Vikings
Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon

8. Panthers
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT Alabama

9. Texans
Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M

10. Rams
Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan

Balance:

http://q.usatoday.com/2013/10/09/jameis-winst...

San Marino, CA

#23599 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>unless you can back up you asinine claims about that JW and/or UCLA had anything to do with an "overzealous" fan like Sam Gilbert, it sounds to me like a bunch of sour grapes.
UCLA #11 and climbing.
USC 0-2 in coference and falling by the wayside.
USC making ridicuous claims (LIES, LIES, PURE LIES) that they don't have any idea who approached Dungy to become the next coach...yeah, I would be embarrassed too, if I claimed that all we gotta is have a coaching spot open and that the entire world of coaching candidated will "flock to us, because we are USC" ROTFLMFAO!!!
I wouldnt say sour grapes but there certainly is a few rotten apples in the bushel. I wont go as far to say Wooden was directly involved but I think someone of his great intellect wouldnt be completely oblivious of "things" happening. So to say my claims are asinine would again be like you are that old time wrestling fan that found out it is fake but you love it so much to ever show contempt towards it.

I admit I have not read it entirely but here are excerpts of UCLAs very own beloved Bill Walton and his book back in the late seventies called “Bill Walton: On The Road with the Portland Trailblazers:

"I hate to say anything that may hurt UCLA, but I can't be quiet when I see what the NCAA is doing (to other coaches) only because (they have) a reputation for giving a second chance to many black athletes other coaches have branded as troublemakers. The NCAA is working night and day trying to get (them), but no one from the NCAA ever questioned me during my four years at UCLA."

“UCLA players were so well taken care of – far beyond the ground rules of the NCAA – that even players from poor backgrounds never left UCLA prematurely (for pro basketball) during John Wooden’s championship years."

“If the UCLA teams of the late 1960s and early 1970s were subjected to the kind of scrutiny (other schools) have been, UCLA would probably have to forfeit about eight national championships and be on probation for the next 100 years.

The question is always why would UCLA have to cheat, good academics, attractive campus and proximity to talent. But it is telling that it took Wooden, arguably the greatest coach of all time, 15 seasons to win a national title. Before Gilbert got involved and the talent arrived, the Bruins weren't the best. What does that tell you Robbie? Apparently a team capturing 10 titles in 12 years, putting together undefeated season after undefeated season, recruiting high school All-Americans from all over the country to sit on the bench, yet never having them transfer or declare hardship wasnt enough for it to dawn on anyone in the NCAA that, gee, maybe they are cheating? But that is your NCAA. And that is your college athletics, where corner cutting doesnt make a guy a bad person; it makes him a successful coach. The sooner you accept that there are no angels in this business, no white hats and black hats as the NCAA would like people to believe with its public relations campaign of a rule book. Everything is a shade of grey. Everything is situational ethics. Everything is pick your poison. Even the so-called great UCLA legacy. Even the great John Wooden. Wake up and "really" taste the beer Rob… HaHa

San Marino, CA

#23600 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>what?????????? a post by you without a UCLA attack????? whoa!!! am I dreaming????????
LOL - Where you are dreaming is trying to tell yourself that UCLA did nothing wrong during Woodens time as to not taint something you (B)ruins can label as a dynasty. I usually let you and Trojan hash this one out back n forth for hours, but when you say something is asinine that is know generally accepted as a truth, I must put in my two (or three cents worth)... HaHa

San Marino, CA

#23601 Oct 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>"a life long criminal" that sounds familiar, I'm sure Barabas would have been the OJ of our time...except, in those days you didn't get away with murder. LOL
OR also specifically in this case with Jesus, the wrong man was tried and convicted. Maybe that is something still familiar these days...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23602 Oct 9, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldnt say sour grapes but there certainly is a few rotten apples in the bushel. I wont go as far to say Wooden was directly involved but I think someone of his great intellect wouldnt be completely oblivious of "things" happening. So to say my claims are asinine would again be like you are that old time wrestling fan that found out it is fake but you love it so much to ever show contempt towards it.
I admit I have not read it entirely but here are excerpts of UCLAs very own beloved Bill Walton and his book back in the late seventies called “Bill Walton: On The Road with the Portland Trailblazers:
"I hate to say anything that may hurt UCLA, but I can't be quiet when I see what the NCAA is doing (to other coaches) only because (they have) a reputation for giving a second chance to many black athletes other coaches have branded as troublemakers. The NCAA is working night and day trying to get (them), but no one from the NCAA ever questioned me during my four years at UCLA."
“UCLA players were so well taken care of – far beyond the ground rules of the NCAA – that even players from poor backgrounds never left UCLA prematurely (for pro basketball) during John Wooden’s championship years."
“If the UCLA teams of the late 1960s and early 1970s were subjected to the kind of scrutiny (other schools) have been, UCLA would probably have to forfeit about eight national championships and be on probation for the next 100 years.
The question is always why would UCLA have to cheat, good academics, attractive campus and proximity to talent. But it is telling that it took Wooden, arguably the greatest coach of all time, 15 seasons to win a national title. Before Gilbert got involved and the talent arrived, the Bruins weren't the best. What does that tell you Robbie? Apparently a team capturing 10 titles in 12 years, putting together undefeated season after undefeated season, recruiting high school All-Americans from all over the country to sit on the bench, yet never having them transfer or declare hardship wasnt enough for it to dawn on anyone in the NCAA that, gee, maybe they are cheating? But that is your NCAA. And that is your college athletics, where corner cutting doesnt make a guy a bad person; it makes him a successful coach. The sooner you accept that there are no angels in this business, no white hats and black hats as the NCAA would like people to believe with its public relations campaign of a rule book. Everything is a shade of grey. Everything is situational ethics. Everything is pick your poison. Even the so-called great UCLA legacy. Even the great John Wooden. Wake up and "really" taste the beer Rob… HaHa
Not sure all Bruins feel that Bill Walton was beloved, thoses are your words, He was a great player at UCLA, but caused the university problems.
I could mention a "few" beloved trojans that embarrassed USC.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Bryan, TX

#23603 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) We can't schedule teams without their agreement, you idiot. Perfect example...A&M wussed out from playing USC!
Damn, you're stupid, esp. for being stupid enough to think "nuff said" means anything!! What an idiot.
Hon I posted months ago that the SEC did not want A&M playing USC. USC not good enough Hon.

Laugh all you want. Go back and read December of last year.

“Long Season Ahead”

Bryan, TX

#23604 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. Go take a history class, Hon.

“Long Season Ahead”

Bryan, TX

#23605 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get on Norm for having a shit team, since you're supposedly an island girl! Hilarious, how you claim to be a Hawaii supporter, but you're calling them out for being shit here and coming down on USC for playing them.
Besides...Rice, Sam Houston State and Rice?! Give me a break!! Esp. so shortly after A&M wussed out, you'd think you wouldn't be stupid enough to remark about us needing to schedule tougher opponents. Use all of your connections wth A&M and tell them to quit being so chicken shit.
Who has the money? By now you should be winning games Hon.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23606 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon I posted months ago that the SEC did not want A&M playing USC. USC not good enough Hon.
Laugh all you want. Go back and read December of last year.
It doesn't matter when you TRIED to make that claim. You can pretend all you want, the fact is they wussed out. They were afraid to play USC, so don't make yoursel look like even more of an idiot by saying USC should schedule tougher teams.

Even if it was for the bs reason you're claiming,(which it isn't), the fact they backed out shows what I've always said. We can't schedule them just because we want to. THEY have to agree to it, you flippin' airhead!! Damn, you're stupid.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23607 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. Go take a history class, Hon.
It won't change the fact that your people killed Jesus.

“Long Season Ahead”

Bryan, TX

#23608 Oct 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go dumb ass!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-...
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23609 Oct 9, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go dumb ass!
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-...
I don't need it. They can claim whatever they want. The truth is, they pussed out.

You're the dumb ass for believing their bullshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 min Too Easy 9,818
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Teaman 1,394,857
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zach 311,329
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr ChristineM 255,503
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web