UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 20 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“I LOST A BET, SO I HAD TO GROW”

Since: Aug 09

THIS MUSTACHE. HAHA (WEIRDO)

#23297 Oct 4, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will agree with you on that one that a win is a win, but whats gonna happen when those "ranked" teams start filing in. The (B)ruins have a #2, a #5, a #15, and a #22 on their way... HaHa
Bring them on. UCLA WR had many unusual drops - maybe 35degrees weather had something to do with it? IDK. when we play Stanford in two weeks the weather should be nicer, and Oregon will not be as cold, although I'm not expecting a win there anyway...Washington, we will handle them at home, and ASU we will handle them at home as well. No big deal.:)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23298 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I underestimated Utah, they are much better than I thought...
Yes Lifer you sure did! I am glad some of us Bruins were throwing up caution flags and having Mylanta bottles handy :/

Because if we follow your overconfident lead go forward Lifer, we may very well "underestimate" those ranked opponents that Mister Traveler eluded to :(

Go Bruins! I don't know about you Lifer, but finishing out with five losses is not improvement!

West Hollywood, CA

#23299 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
He's ALL talk
He sure is Nation! We never can get CT or any of those other manly Trojans over to your hot tub. Definitely all talk, no action like us ;)

Go Bruins! We South Bay/Westside types approve of inter-team-racial Jacuzzi parties!

West Hollywood, CA

#23300 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Bring them on. UCLA WR had many unusual drops - maybe 35degrees weather had something to do with it? IDK. when we play Stanford in two weeks the weather should be nicer, and Oregon will not be as cold, although I'm not expecting a win there anyway...Washington, we will handle them at home, and ASU we will handle them at home as well. No big deal.:)
Lifer pleeeeeaaaase fella, remember the over-confident lead I just counseled you about taking :/

Go Bruins! Nation, Brewski, Miss Wolfie, help me here to get through to Lifer about his haughtiness!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23302 Oct 4, 2013
Would someone please tell Chosen Traveler and Lou Holtz to STFU!! Neither have ANYTHING to contribute in any conversation about college football that makes sense

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23303 Oct 4, 2013
To all the Bruin haters, UCLA was a 5&1/2 Favorite, won by 7, Hows that escaping? we covered the spread..........unlike the trojans.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23304 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>

As for beating an "unranked" team, remember the lost to Oregon State in overtime, it was their only loss of the year.

You said Nevada would beat us, you were WRONG.
you said Nebraska would beat us, you were WRONG.
you said Utah would beat us, you were WRONG.
And this from a guy that says he roots for UCLA in NON CONFERENCE games, ahhhhhhhhhhh ya right.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23305 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
To all the Bruin haters, UCLA was a 5&1/2 Favorite, won by 7, Hows that escaping? we covered the spread..........unlike the trojans.
I'm far from being a hater, but 1 play away from OT is "escaping". We're not talking a Hail Mary either. ONE, very reasonable 25 yard play away. Actually, with about 44 seconds left, they only needed a 1st down and they still would have had time enough for 2-3 more plays. They would've been pass plays, so the clock would've stopped after any incompletes.

UCLA played a great game. But yeah, it was an escape

SHIT! Braves just went up 4-1!
bruin for life

United States

#23306 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm far from being a hater, but 1 play away from OT is "escaping". We're not talking a Hail Mary either. ONE, very reasonable 25 yard play away. Actually, with about 44 seconds left, they only needed a 1st down and they still would have had time enough for 2-3 more plays. They would've been pass plays, so the clock would've stopped after any incompletes.
if if if you know the rest

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23307 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider you in the hater catagory, but in any game you can pick 1 play, I have been to Utah and thats one mefer place to play. If you watched the last Int could have gone for a TD making it 44 to 27, but the kid chose to kill the clock,(Which I don't understand)
Your not a hater, like CPEM

Go Braves, and yes I'm a Dodger Hater....& proud of it :-)
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23308 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
<quoted text>if if if you know the rest
Yeah, yeah...if it had went the other way, you'd be singing another tune. You're a walking contradiction.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23309 Oct 4, 2013
41 to 27 gdamit

West Hollywood, CA

#23310 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
I was go to clarify this to you Nation from a Bruin Voice of Reason, but Mister Trojan explained it proficiently before I had a chance :/

It is rather a shame that it takes a Trojan Voice of Reason having to assist me in my desire to lead with reason over my some of my misguided Bruin constituents :/

Go Bruins! Letís not get too self absorbed to miss the facts shall we!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23311 Oct 4, 2013
Braves win !!!!!!!
Real UCLA Fan

Carson, CA

#23312 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Braves win !!!!!!!
go suck a fat one, piece of shyt gay bay fan.
bruin for life

Los Angeles, CA

#23313 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah...if it had went the other way, you'd be singing another tune. You're a walking contradiction.
I don't take losses lightly, I'm not a reporter, I'm a ucla Homer, it's not my job to be objective... it's my job to defend and support the Bruins.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Rockwall, TX

#23314 Oct 4, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will agree with you on that one that a win is a win, but whats gonna happen when those "ranked" teams start filing in. The (B)ruins have a #2, a #5, a #15, and a #22 on their way... HaHa
Guess you got to wait and see Hon. Sorry to busy today having my private tour of the George W Bush library at SMU today. Lovely. But I do like the chit chat here in Dallas of A&M v Oregon at the Rose Bowl. I'd like to see Mariota v Manziel since Manziel was verbally committed to Oregon.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23315 Oct 4, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
[Too] busy today...at SMU today.
She rags on USC for being cheaters, but hung out on the campus of the biggest cheaters in NCAAF history. What a hypocritical POS.
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
...Manziel was verbally committed to Oregon.
So, the front running hag's 2013 boy's word isn't worth shit and yet she has the nerve to lecture others about integrity.

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23316 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a ucla Homer, it's not my job to be objective... it's my job to defend and support the Bruins.
Translation...you post bs. Thanks for admitting it again.
bruin for life

Los Angeles, CA

#23317 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation...you post bs. Thanks for admitting it again.
as usual, showing how retarded you are. Thanks for the laugh moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,223,793
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 238,349
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min DAVID27 309,745
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web