UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32818 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23265 Oct 4, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah , I think that bad ruling was huge.
I think Utah hangs in and probably pulls it out otherwise.
Put down the crack pipe Nostradamus, the last Int could have been returned for a TD, but the kid thought otherwise.

coulda, woulda, shouda

If Lane Kiffin could coach he'd still have a job.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#23266 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
Wheww!!! What a game!!! Our secondary made up of mostly Sophomores and freshmen really grew tonight, they steeped up fought like champs... so proud of my boys. Go Bruins!!! 4-0 and looking to crack the top-10.
Whew, what a gut burner!

Our offense was supposed to carry us but you're right, our young defensive secondary looked like experienced vets last night, getting their hand in to distract and tip balls. It made a very promising QB in Wilson start to second guess routes and his throws started missing!

I enjoyed how Barr and marsh stepped up big time and started chasing downs their RBs from the backside! But we need to still cut down on the mental mistakes that result in penalties.

And I donít know about you, but I felt like walking thru the TV and kicking Brendal in the nuts and telling him get the damn ball up son! I am sure Mora and company will be doing that for me though LOL

But I think this game just goes to show how tough the PAC12 looks this year!

Go Bruins 4-0!!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23269 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah , I think that bad ruling was huge.
I think Utah hangs in and probably pulls it out otherwise.
I do not like agreeing with Trojans sir, but you are right, the momentum was all Utah, and the touchdown catch ball over the pylon the officials thankfully took away, could have tied the game up :/

And overtime usually goes to the home team. We were literally hanging by a thread from the seat of Hot Rod Hundley's sexy bottom! I did not expect to have to pull out the Mylanta bottle until two weeks from now :/

Go Bruins! We won, so let's not ponder on why we could not throw deep on the 112th pass defense in the Nation!

West Hollywood, CA

#23270 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
not good
Speaking of not good Nation, and I hate being the Bruin of bad news here, but we already had our first Coach Stevie Alford de-commit :(

I guess we need to change the number 43 basketball player in the country from Trevon Bluiett to Trevon Blew-it :(

Then I read that Blew-it announced his decision, once he heard that ESPN 100 big man Michael Humphrey, a top UCLA target, narrowed his list to Arizona and Stanford :(

Go Bruins! I thought the UCLA basketball mass-exit was supposed to stop once we dumped Coach Bennie!

West Hollywood, CA

#23271 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the crack pipe
Come now Nation, you know that phrase is taboo in Westwood ;)

Go Bruins, Go extracurricular activity!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23272 Oct 4, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Whew, what a gut burner!
Our offense was supposed to carry us but you're right, our young defensive secondary looked like experienced vets last night, getting their hand in to distract and tip balls. It made a very promising QB in Wilson start to second guess routes and his throws started missing!
I enjoyed how Barr and marsh stepped up big time and started chasing downs their RBs from the backside! But we need to still cut down on the mental mistakes that result in penalties.
And I donít know about you, but I felt like walking thru the TV and kicking Brendal in the nuts and telling him get the damn ball up son! I am sure Mora and company will be doing that for me though LOL
But I think this game just goes to show how tough the PAC12 looks this year!
Go Bruins 4-0!!!
For a defense that looked more like a JC team, the Utes' D really performed!

San Fernando Valley

#23273 Oct 4, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of not good Nation, and I hate being the Bruin of bad news here, but we already had our first Coach Stevie Alford de-commit :(
I guess we need to change the number 43 basketball player in the country from Trevon Bluiett to Trevon Blew-it :(
Then I read that Blew-it announced his decision, once he heard that ESPN 100 big man Michael Humphrey, a top UCLA target, narrowed his list to Arizona and Stanford :(
Go Bruins! I thought the UCLA basketball mass-exit was supposed to stop once we dumped Coach Bennie!
You know PPPieceOfShit, you sure like bringing up anti-Bruin news all the time.

Bluiett ended up wanting to stay closer to home. That stuff happens to every program you fuhking Trojan buttsucker!

How about we change your moniker from Bruin Voice of Reason to Prick that likes Misleading!

San Fernando Valley

#23274 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
For a defense that looked more like a JC team, the Utes' D really performed!
I agree. It was enough to alter our playbook and reduced our top ten yardage to a modest 404 (still 24 more than #87 USC is averaging at 380 per game).

I also believe Jordan James going out narrowed our spread offense allowing the Utah LBs to tighten in and take chances. I am sure More will address that if James can't go.

San Fernando Valley

#23275 Oct 4, 2013
Mora (More)
bruin for life

United States

#23276 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
CT's prediction was not that far off. He had it as a 1 score game, but going the other way. That game was 1 play away from ending that way.
Great game! One of those character building games, you cannot simulate in practice. Makes it less likely that they give up at the end of a close game now, with that experience under their belt.
Can't help but wonder if BH had a concussion and should have been pulled. Tough kid for staying in. But those are the kinds of things you've often ragged on USC about...a win being more important that a player's health & well being.(Before you get your panties in a bunch, I don't know for sure if he did suffer a concussion, just wondering.)
it was not a hit that took him out it was one of those little tiny rubber pellets in the turf that went in his eye.
bruin for life

United States

#23277 Oct 4, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>You know PPPieceOfShit, you sure like bringing up anti-Bruin news all the time.
Bluiett ended up wanting to stay closer to home. That stuff happens to every program you fuhking Trojan buttsucker!
How about we change your moniker from Bruin Voice of Reason to Prick that likes Misleading!
you meant PPPieceOfShitFightOn, right?
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#23278 Oct 4, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>I do not like agreeing with Trojans sir, but you are right, the momentum was all Utah, and the touchdown catch ball over the pylon the officials thankfully took away, could have tied the game up :/
And overtime usually goes to the home team. We were literally hanging by a thread from the seat of Hot Rod Hundley's sexy bottom! I did not expect to have to pull out the Mylanta bottle until two weeks from now :/
Go Bruins! We won, so let's not ponder on why we could not throw deep on the 112th pass defense in the Nation!
OH yeah , and that pylon one - thanks for reminding me.

West Hollywood, CA

#23279 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
<quoted text>you meant PPPieceOfShitFightOn, right?
Fellas now please! All this Bruin in-fighting in not healthy for our libidos, especially it being Friday and all ;)

Come now Lifer and Brewski, we bruins won that game. You boys are acting almost as if we lost. I really don't think our offensive line was exposed or that we have receivers that can't get open :/

Let's not get all frazzled shall we! Just because Coach Jimmy disagreed with the interviewer after the game and said it was NOT fun, doesn't mean we Bruin fans have to get grumpy too :(

Go Bruins! MBD/Bruin Nation hot tub is tonight!

West Hollywood, CA

#23280 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
<quoted text>it was not a hit that took him out it was one of those little tiny rubber pellets in the turf that went in his eye.
Something rubber into the eye? Why that is even too kinky by our Westwood standards Lifer ;)

Go Bruins! Let's stay alternatively traditional with things entering eyes and faces!

West Hollywood, CA

#23281 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>OH yeah , and that pylon one - thanks for reminding me.
Now please sir, let's now take that pylon thing and run with it :/

I do not want anymore challenges to that play please. I do not really care that it be said if a ball reaches over the pylon at any time it is a touchdown :/

I guess that would be exactly the same as a runner diving for the end zone, being hit be the defender before reaching the end zone yet extending the ball over before going out of bounds :/

Go Bruins! Can we please change the subject so not to distract from the situation of us winning!
bruin for life

United States

#23282 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>OH yeah , and that pylon one - thanks for reminding me.
the football was out bounds when he grabbed possession dummy...learn the rules.

West Hollywood, CA

#23283 Oct 4, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. It was enough to alter our playbook
Brewski please, this is the new look Coach Jimmy Bruins! If we have to alter our playbook the very first Pacific 12 game we play in, what does that tell us come Stanford, Oregon, and Washington :(

Go Bruins! The only alter in Westwood should be "alter-native lifestyle"!
bruin for life

United States

#23284 Oct 4, 2013
PPPieceOfShitFightOn go sictk a big dldio up your fake snatch.

West Hollywood, CA

#23285 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
<quoted text>the football was out bounds when he grabbed possession dummy...learn the rules.
Good deflection Lifer! Thanks, I was running out of excuses ;)

Go Bruins! Step in and stratch each other's back-sides!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Carrollton, TX

#23286 Oct 4, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. It was enough to alter our playbook and reduced our top ten yardage to a modest 404 (still 24 more than #87 USC is averaging at 380 per game).
I also believe Jordan James going out narrowed our spread offense allowing the Utah LBs to tighten in and take chances. I am sure More will address that if James can't go.
Like CT says a win is a win!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Grey Ghost 1,508,812
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min John-K 313,657
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... 8 hr BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web