UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32407 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

bruin for life

United States

#23245 Oct 3, 2013
Wheww!!! What a game!!! Our secondary made up of mostly Sophomores and freshmen really grew tonight, they steeped up fought like champs... so proud of my boys. Go Bruins!!! 4-0 and looking to crack the top-10.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23246 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! Gonna go down to the wire!
you called that !!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23247 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
Thank God for those 4 picks.
six !

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Rockwall, TX

#23248 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>you called that !!!
Did you read in the Times Orgeron can't even hire help for USC. Pass.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23249 Oct 4, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Come now BN, I am not a hater of the (B)ruins. In fact I will wish them luck tonight... At Rice-Eccles, they will need it...
UCLA - 34
UTAH - 41
your now going to be refered to as "Nostradamus Jr."
IET is still #1
4 and Oh Baby.....

Oct. 26th ... but you get them at home.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23250 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
six !
Yeah, but only 2 were on the QB.

2 were on his WR's and 2 were just luck...could have gone either way.

Bruins lucked out with that "tipped ball". Wasn't actually a tipped balled. The commentators said exactly what I did. "Is it really a tipped ball when the defender hit the ball while it was in his hand?"

The QB's fingers were the last to touch it as it left his hand. Not sure how it's defined in the rule book, if at all.

Great game, though. Either the Bruins are over rated, or the Utes are under rated. I'm inclined to lean towards the latter. They're not Top 20, but they appear to be 21-25 worthy. Time will tell.

Congratulations! Great win!! It'll help them down the road in tight games.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23251 Oct 4, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
this ??? Oh how the mighty has fallen

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23252 Oct 4, 2013
Bullsh*t, lees viewship zero on east coast

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/footbal...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23253 Oct 4, 2013
less

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23254 Oct 4, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats Bruins! Exciting game not avaliable on Dish here. But watched box score on ESPN. HST a night for Hudley!
Yes that Hot Rod Studley HUDLEY (love your nickname) did a little of everything to get our Bruins through, although throwing that interception for a Utah touchdown was not in our playbook :/

Go Bruins! We play like that against a ranked opponent though and we are doomed!

West Hollywood, CA

#23255 Oct 4, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Newspapers Miss Wolfie? please...:/

But I do admit I still read a paper version of Variety ;)

West Hollywood, CA

#23256 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
this ??? Oh how the mighty has fallen
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-...
Nation can we please stay focused on OUR team and not worry so much about the Trojans :/

We have been consumed with them for eons, especially when Pete Carroll dominated the Los Angeles landscape while we were stuck playing balls on our 80 yard practice field. Why keep feeding it :(

Go Bruins! We had the limelight last night and the ratings said no one watched!
bruin for life

United States

#23257 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
six !
it was FOUR when I posted the comment.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23258 Oct 4, 2013
bruin for life wrote:
<quoted text>it was FOUR when I posted the comment.
not good
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013...
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#23259 Oct 4, 2013
I knew UCLA caught a big break and would probably win when that #77 got hurt and went out of the game.
someone who knew about him said he was overrated and that his backup actually performs better than him in practice!

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#23260 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Thank God we have LOTS of depth at the OLine, they may be young but, they are coached up, and ready to step up their game a notch or two.

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#23261 Oct 4, 2013
PeePeePrick/BiteOn, CT, and IET, do NOT give up your day jobs, you S U C K at gambling!!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#23262 Oct 4, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
PeePeePrick/BiteOn, CT, and IET, do NOT give up your day jobs, you S U C K at gambling!!!
CT's prediction was not that far off. He had it as a 1 score game, but going the other way. That game was 1 play away from ending that way.

Great game! One of those character building games, you cannot simulate in practice. Makes it less likely that they give up at the end of a close game now, with that experience under their belt.

Can't help but wonder if BH had a concussion and should have been pulled. Tough kid for staying in. But those are the kinds of things you've often ragged on USC about...a win being more important that a player's health & well being.(Before you get your panties in a bunch, I don't know for sure if he did suffer a concussion, just wondering.)
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#23263 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but only 2 were on the QB.
2 were on his WR's and 2 were just luck...could have gone either way.
Bruins lucked out with that "tipped ball". Wasn't actually a tipped balled. The commentators said exactly what I did. "Is it really a tipped ball when the defender hit the ball while it was in his hand?"
The QB's fingers were the last to touch it as it left his hand. Not sure how it's defined in the rule book, if at all.
Yeah , I think that bad ruling was huge.
I think Utah hangs in and probably pulls it out otherwise.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23264 Oct 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
CT's prediction was not that far off. He had it as a 1 score game, but going the other way. That game was 1 play away from ending that way.
Great game! One of those character building games, you cannot simulate in practice. Makes it less likely that they give up at the end of a close game now, with that experience under their belt.
Can't help but wonder if BH had a concussion and should have been pulled. Tough kid for staying in. But those are the kinds of things you've often ragged on USC about...a win being more important that a player's health & well being.(Before you get your panties in a bunch, I don't know for sure if he did suffer a concussion, just wondering.)
don't know about a concussion, but he played most of the game with 1 contact. You would think the trainer or someone would have any player wearing contacts to give the trainer a extra set.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 35 min zach 311,927
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min In Got We Trust 1,433,979
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Joe Fortuna 257,156
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Thu donaldtrump 10,135
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web