UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 33405 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#22995 Sep 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see Petersen, too. But I don't think he has the balls.
He loves being the big fish in a little pond. 8-9 wins every year at Boise State is good enough for them. Coming to a program that expects 10 wins every year may be too much.
That's not a knock on him. He's a great guy and even better coach. The expectations we have are just too high for some. It takes nerves of steel that not everyone possesses.
Think I have to agree on Sumlin, Fitzgerald and Franklin. Would love Fish, but that's not going to happen.
But unlike you, I would love to see JDR in the mix. I think he'd be a Pete Carroll/SEC type of guy who knows that the best offense, is a great defense!
No matter who comes in, they HAVE TO keep EO. He may not be a great head coach, but there are few guys who can recruit the way he does!!
Fight On!!
This could be the right move at the right time to keep our superior recruiting up to par! There was Don Clark before John McKay, there was Larry Smith before John Robinson, there was Paul Hackett before Pete Carroll. There was Lane Kiffin before…

FIGHT ON!!!

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#22996 Sep 30, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
Don't really care one way or the other about Kiffen,but too bad, SC was making a great comeback then Lee gets hurt.
Looked like we really might win that game until Lee went down...I knew it was over then.
They actually did better when wasn't even in the game. Were you watching the same game I was?

#22997 Sep 30, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I think most of us are not thrilled with the way LK was let go, but I have to believe the Trojans made the move as damage control. In that I mean, bring someone in to start with recruiting immediately. he have the facilities, we have the tradition, bring in the right coach and we get back to the dominant program we are known for. What do you think of Fisher if the two could agree?
FTFO
Does this mean, USC will not be running the table, and finish 8-0 in order to win the 11 games you said USC would win 2 weeks ago? lol

USC 0-2 in conference and "dead" last in the conference...they may not win a single game the rest of the year, with that airhead interim coach you got El Orejon.

#22998 Sep 30, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I am hear you uneducated hag! You can stop playing with yourself in anticipation of me posting
USC 3-2 (WITH NO HEAD COACH)
HAWAII 0-4 (WITH A NON-HEAD COACH)
You forgot about UCLA 3-0 with the best coach, and ranked #12 in the nation, baby!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

#22999 Sep 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO!!! I was busting a gut!!!
Post of the month!!! Sure to be one of the top 3 posts of the year!!!!
You were probably busting a gut like I was busting one on Saturday night!!! J/K Trojan...don't mind me poking fun at you guys...you had your fun several years ago, not it's our turn. ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe

#23000 Sep 30, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>This could be the right move at the right time to keep our superior recruiting up to par! There was Don Clark before John McKay, there was Larry Smith before John Robinson, there was Paul Hackett before Pete Carroll. There was Lane Kiffin before…
FIGHT ON!!!
Peterson has no balls, like trojan said. All he knows how to do is run bush league trick plays. Does he ever get any 2-star players or better? I don't think so, I have not checked, but my gut feeling is NO N-O.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#23001 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>You were probably busting a gut like I was busting one on Saturday night!!! J/K Trojan...don't mind me poking fun at you guys...you had your fun several years ago, not it's our turn. ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe ehe
No worries.

Several years ago? Two is not exactly "several".

But enjoy the rest of the year. I'm realistic enough to admit we'll be LUCKY to go 4-4 under EO or a new coach!

Lane did the new coach a HUGE favor in not using 6 scholarships this year, after a few kids de-committed. He wasn't going to use them just to use them, on kids who weren't worthy of a USC scholarship. We're going to have close to a full year's worth of scholarships to hand out next February. Young, raw talent, but we'll take it!!

Not unlike RN refusing to throw BH in when he wasn'te quite ready, just to try and save his own hide. You may not like him, but that was a smart move in the best interests of USC.

#23002 Sep 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries.
Several years ago? Two is not exactly "several".
But enjoy the rest of the year. I'm realistic enough to admit we'll be LUCKY to go 4-4 under EO or a new coach!
Lane did the new coach a HUGE favor in not using 6 scholarships this year, after a few kids de-committed. He wasn't going to use them just to use them, on kids who weren't worthy of a USC scholarship. We're going to have close to a full year's worth of scholarships to hand out next February. Young, raw talent, but we'll take it!!
Not unlike RN refusing to throw BH in when he wasn'te quite ready, just to try and save his own hide. You may not like him, but that was a smart move in the best interests of USC.
I don't think I ever disliked him...maybe because I never really thought he was much of a threat to UCLA, despite the 50-0 embarrassment he handed us.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#23003 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think I ever disliked him...maybe because I never really thought he was much of a threat to UCLA, despite the 50-0 embarrassment he handed us.
Sweet Thang if you were a broadcaster they would have to put a mic up your arse, you talk more crap than anyone on here. You go where the wind blows, I bet you weren't always a Bruin fan, you wee probably a USC fan but were kicked out for being a kween...LMFAO!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#23004 Sep 30, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
Don't really care one way or the other about Kiffen,but too bad, SC was making a great comeback then Lee gets hurt.
Looked like we really might win that game until Lee went down...I knew it was over then.
Ya Nostradamus everyone on ASU's side were shaking in their boots, Priceless... when it comes to the trojans your the eternal optimist like BFL your IT guy says, don't go to Vegas, save your $$

BTW Lee's 1/2 the player with our "Pretty Boy" throwing to him, he's dropped more catchable passes so far than ALL last year.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#23005 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>

"Pretty Boy".
BN ya hommo you probably wack off to Barkley as much as you do to Rob...LMFAO!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#23006 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think I ever disliked him...maybe because I never really thought he was much of a threat to UCLA, despite the 50-0 embarrassment he handed us.
He was 2-1 as a head coach and 5-1 as an assistant. He will die a winner versus UCLA, no matter what you think.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#23007 Sep 30, 2013
My bad...

2-2 versus UCLA (incl. Tenn)
5-1 as an assistant

Still, more of a "threat" that one wants to admit.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#23008 Sep 30, 2013
THAN

#23009 Sep 30, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet Thang if I were a broadcaster they would have to put a mic up my a$$hole, I talk more crap than anyone on here. I go where the wind blows, I wasn't always a Trojan fan, I was kicked out of the UCLA circle for wanting to suck so muchC ock, because as you know, I am just a gay 'ole kween...tee heee heee heee!
yah, why don't you tell us all something we don't already know, kweenie!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

#23010 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya Nostradamus everyone on ASU's side were shaking in their boots, Priceless... when it comes to the trojans your the eternal optimist like BFL your IT guy says, don't go to Vegas, save your $$
BTW Lee's 1/2 the player with our "Pretty Boy" throwing to him, he's dropped more catchable passes so far than ALL last year.
Yup!! just call me IE trOJan personal IT guy. LMAO

#23011 Sep 30, 2013
So Mr. Chose Traveler, last week you were posting some amazing stat rankings for USC...#4 in the country for points allowed, I believe? do you have this weeks Defensive stats??? LMAO no? guess what? I have them, they dropped from #4 to #42 around 30 around 15 spots below UCLA. LMAO

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23012 Sep 30, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
BN ya hommo you probably wack off to Barkley as much as you do to Rob...LMFAO!
Time for your med PPPapiON

"Pretty Boy Barkley is the one all you trojans creamed over for 4 yrs, Hows his/her pro career going?

Bite On 62 to 41

LMFAOAH

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#23013 Sep 30, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet Thang if you were a broadcaster they would have to put a mic up your arse, you talk more crap than anyone on here. You go where the wind blows, I bet you weren't always a Bruin fan, you wee probably a USC fan but were kicked out for being a kween...LMFAO!
Sweet Thang?? thats the words PPPrick uses, just proves pur PPPapiOn, what a FOOL

Bite On

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#23014 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Does this mean, USC will not be running the table, and finish 8-0 in order to win the 11 games you said USC would win 2 weeks ago? lol
USC 0-2 in conference and "dead" last in the conference...they may not win a single game the rest of the year, with that airhead interim coach you got El Orejon.
Careful what you cheer for. I have a feeling AD Haden is going to make sure the new USC Trojan head football coach will be one for the ages! Dont be surprised that after the high profile coach comes in, it will squash any flash in the pan, optical illusion, 13 month turn arounds you think Mora is doing for your (B)ruins!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,564,082
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 55 min Dr Z 315,206
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 258,470
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 16 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 11,288
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web