UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 35579 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22940 Sep 30, 2013

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#22941 Sep 30, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
All hail BFL King of the Idiots!...LMFAO!
All hail Fight On Queen of the kweers!!!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#22942 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Colin Cowherd, the biggest USC homer on Radio and ESPN...the same Colin who said USC would go 11-2...stop krinking his Kool aid, you moronic SUC fans all remind me of the "Stepford Wives" ROTFLMAO
Where's BIG MOUTH? You know the Chosen One? Doesn't he have to leave the thread? Did you bet with him?

The Coaching change doesn't change the facts. Lack of depth. And plagued with injuries. Now USC knows how it feels. You can't win all the time. Teams cycle. How does anyone know that under the harsh sanctions anyone would do better?

Can't wait for the UCLA game. And the Stanford game too.

#22943 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
In all honesty, Kiffin was way over his head in that Raider hire...who could blame him for being offered millions, it was Al Davis who was the bigger idiot offering him the job. Kiffin in the picture is saying to Al Davis "pay up, you effing moron!!" LMAO

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#22944 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
As I've been saying for years...the only Coach to fail his way to the TOP!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#22945 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Who cares about OJ.
I care about OJ.

I care when the Goldman's don't get enough money back from the creep! Heh heh heh heh heh
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#22946 Sep 30, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've been saying for years...the only Coach to fail his way to the TOP!
Add Steve Alford to that list babe.

San Fernando Valley

#22947 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
I believe Kiffing is the only coach in CB history to gom from 1 in the preseason and 14 months later be fired not even halfway thru the next season.
Al Davis was smarter than people gave him credit. The #4 defevense in the nation giving up 62 points?
SIXTY TWO ???
Poor PPPapiOn, her gina must be hurting today
I was at a wedding Saturday night but was happy to still be able to see a very enjoyable second half of that TrOJan game in the reception area!

You could see the blood draining from Kiffin's face after each ASU touchdown, but probably still not as much as when he was yanked from the SC bus and kicked to the LAX curb by "nice guy" Pat (I wasn't even effective in the WFL) Haden! Think Haden at least gave him cab fare? Heh heh heh heh heh

Hey I think I did pretty good in my picks this weekend (see below). My picks and then the real scores in ()s:

MIAMI 37 (49)
USF 13 (21)

LSU 20 (41)
GEORGIA 23 (44)

OKLAHOMA 22 (35)
NOTRE DAME 17 (21)

TEXAS A&M 44 (45)
ARKANSAS 24 (33)

FLORIDA 31 (24)
KENTUCKY 9 (7)

ARIZONA 36 (13)
WASHINGTON -39 (31)

WISCONSIN 29 (24)
OHIO ST 37 (31)

STANFORD 24 (55)
WSU 7 (17)

USC 13 (41)
ASU 17 (62)

CAL 17 (16)
OREGON 52 (55)

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#22948 Sep 30, 2013
So with Kiffin out, the sanctions almost done, and USC's deep pockets, who do you think will be lured into reloading the USC football tradition? Top college coaches like to be challenged, so I don't think anyone is off the table. I would love, LOVE to see a Kevin Sumlin or Chris Petersen type come in and make an even bigger name for himself. I don't want to see Sark, Riley, Tedford,Leach, nor Petrino. I don't think Fisher wants to work the college game. JDR would be interesting, but I wonder if he carries any cachet with the recruits. Fitzgerald (Northwestern) and Franklin (Vanderbilt) are 2 guys who've had some success trying to balance top-level academics with top-level athletics, and this might fall in line with Haden's attempt to follow the Stanford blueprint.

I wonder how many millions it would take to pry Sumlin out of aTm?

San Fernando Valley

#22949 Sep 30, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's BIG MOUTH? You know the Chosen One? Doesn't he have to leave the thread? Did you bet with him?
The Coaching change doesn't change the facts. Lack of depth. And plagued with injuries. Now USC knows how it feels. You can't win all the time. Teams cycle. How does anyone know that under the harsh sanctions anyone would do better?
Can't wait for the UCLA game. And the Stanford game too.
I notice a large absence of USC representation here as the Toxic Babeler (CT) and Pemmie (CPEM) are Topix AWOL! Heh heh heh heh heh

San Fernando Valley

#22950 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't MIA CT predict a 10 or 11 win season?
No wonder why the putz always proclaims that he doesn't bet! Vegas would pick his (daddy's) credit card card clean! Heh heh heh heh
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22951 Sep 30, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
He might be an idiot. But you win the Dumb Ass Award!
Speech. Speech!
Yeah, yeah, coming from the hag who never graduated from a school with a decent program, so she latches on to any Top 10 team she can every year, claiming they're "her boys"!! Love it!

Keep crying!! Love it!!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22952 Sep 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Colin Cowherd, the biggest USC homer on Radio and ESPN...the same Colin who said USC would go 11-2...stop krinking his Kool aid, you moronic SUC fans all remind me of the "Stepford Wives" ROTFLMAO
BTW, Willard's guest partner today (sitting in for his regular guy) is a Bruin ALUMNUS who just said he WISHES PH were their AD!! As both of them noted, there is no good way to fire someone. Doing it the way he did, PH saved LK the walk of shame on campus.

As I've stated, no matter HOW we may have handled it, idiots like you (which even JMW admitted!! bwah-ha-ha-ha!!) would have found fault in it.

She has a lot of nerve admitting you're an idiot, when she's right there with you! The front running hag who didn't graduate from a school with a decent football program, so all she can do it hate and cry! LOL!!

#22953 Sep 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you remind me of Baby Huey! "Wahhhhh!!!!!"
ROTFLMAO!!!
Big deal about Colin. After you claimed RN was going to turn UCLA around, I wouldn't be ragging on anyone else's predictions. LOL!!!
Each of the last 4 years, you've said, "THIS is the year!"
You finally got one right in 2012. LOL!!!
What a moron.
He actually did turn it around in this 4 years at UCLA his recruiting classes were in the top 10 three of those years. Thanks to RN all Mora had to do was hire the right coaches, to use the great talent he left behind. Even Jim Mora, thanked RN for saving Hundley's red-shirt year, and not throwing in the fire in an attempt to save his job. all of the players Mora got help from in 2012 were RN's recruits...so YES he did turn our program around, thank you. We Bruins love Rick Neuheisel, he is a true Bruin For Life.

#22954 Sep 30, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>I was at a wedding Saturday night but was happy to still be able to see a very enjoyable second half of that TrOJan game in the reception area!
You could see the blood draining from Kiffin's face after each ASU touchdown, but probably still not as much as when he was yanked from the SC bus and kicked to the LAX curb by "nice guy" Pat (I wasn't even effective in the WFL) Haden! Think Haden at least gave him cab fare? Heh heh heh heh heh
Hey I think I did pretty good in my picks this weekend (see below). My picks and then the real scores in ()s:
MIAMI 37 (49)
USF 13 (21)
LSU 20 (41)
GEORGIA 23 (44)
OKLAHOMA 22 (35)
NOTRE DAME 17 (21)
TEXAS A&M 44 (45)
ARKANSAS 24 (33)
FLORIDA 31 (24)
KENTUCKY 9 (7)
ARIZONA 36 (13)
WASHINGTON -39 (31)
WISCONSIN 29 (24)
OHIO ST 37 (31)
STANFORD 24 (55)
WSU 7 (17)
USC 13 (41)
ASU 17 (62)
CAL 17 (16)
OREGON 52 (55)
great job!!! shoot your phone number, or your email, I would love to get your picks this weekend.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#22955 Sep 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah...coming from the guy who tried to pretend he enjoyed a 50-0 thrashing because it got his coach fired. LOL!!
You're such a hypocrite (and a crybaby).
Oh my Mister Trojan, don't you realize that 50 isn't just all about black balloons at a birthday party :/

Lifer does not represent the rest of us Bruins like me, Nation , and Brewski! That 50-0 whipping stung for a long time, sort of like not using any lubrication at the Bruin hot tub parties once the Speedos come down :(

Go Bruins! We even bask in the gloryhole of losses!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22956 Sep 30, 2013
CPEM wrote:
So with Kiffin out, the sanctions almost done, and USC's deep pockets, who do you think will be lured into reloading the USC football tradition? Top college coaches like to be challenged, so I don't think anyone is off the table. I would love, LOVE to see a Kevin Sumlin or Chris Petersen type come in and make an even bigger name for himself. I don't want to see Sark, Riley, Tedford,Leach, nor Petrino. I don't think Fisher wants to work the college game. JDR would be interesting, but I wonder if he carries any cachet with the recruits. Fitzgerald (Northwestern) and Franklin (Vanderbilt) are 2 guys who've had some success trying to balance top-level academics with top-level athletics, and this might fall in line with Haden's attempt to follow the Stanford blueprint.
I would love to see Petersen, too. But I don't think he has the balls.

He loves being the big fish in a little pond. 8-9 wins every year at Boise State is good enough for them. Coming to a program that expects 10 wins every year may be too much.

That's not a knock on him. He's a great guy and even better coach. The expectations we have are just too high for some. It takes nerves of steel that not everyone possesses.

Think I have to agree on Sumlin, Fitzgerald and Franklin. Would love Fish, but that's not going to happen.

But unlike you, I would love to see JDR in the mix. I think he'd be a Pete Carroll/SEC type of guy who knows that the best offense, is a great defense!

No matter who comes in, they HAVE TO keep EO. He may not be a great head coach, but there are few guys who can recruit the way he does!!

Fight On!!

#22957 Sep 30, 2013
CPEM wrote:
in a looooooong history of a football program there have been only two coaches that I can say actually qualify to placed in any type of positive legacy. Jim McKay, great coach and person (with a just a small taint with the Marv Goux scandal) and Pete "the Cheat" Carroll. Other than that, what tradition really? tradition is Notre Dame Football that decade after decade regardless who the coach is, keeps bringing talent to the program without the aide of letting dummies on the team...just like Stanford, no dummies allowed, and for public schools UCLA - no dummies - at least that's how it is now under current leadership...so PUHLEEEEEZE!! tradition???? BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA cheating tradition maybe.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#22958 Sep 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, coming from the hag who never graduated from a school with a decent program, so she latches on to any Top 10 team she can every year, claiming they're "her boys"!! Love it!
Keep crying!! Love it!!
Please sir, I am offended when you nasty Trojans bring up facts about Miss Wolfie that potentially ruin her Diva credibility :/

Some say marrying men with wealth is also a form of latching, but I can almost assure you that is not the case with Miss Wolfie :/

Go Bruins! I wish you fellas would please lighten up on my Diva-like friend!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#22959 Sep 30, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>I notice a large absence of USC representation here as the Toxic Babeler (CT) and Pemmie (CPEM) are Topix AWOL! Heh heh heh heh heh
Sorry to disappoint you, but I am here and I've already posted twice on the big subject at hand before you wrote this. As most others also know, I'm not on here on the weekends, so you won't see much from me until Monday morning. And I usually avoid the stupid name-calling, insults, and vegetable jokes that some on here are so enamored with, so there's usually very little of substance here for me to respond to, so I just don't.

But I'm here, win or lose. When people want to talk football, without the senseless drivel and hate-mongering, I'll engage. Otherwise, I ignore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,709,522
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min June VanDerMark 330,846
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Thu hojo 12,231
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb 21 ScoresPhartse 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web