UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 29826 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#22306 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will take the Ford Pinto over the current (B)ruin model which includes all you crash test dummies... HaHa
We are right there!
TROJANS 2-1
BRUINS 2-0
Yup, right there. Ranked about what #45, something like that? Heh heh heh heh

San Fernando Valley

#22307 Sep 16, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get screwed. The QB was an idiot. It's happened before; It'll happen again.
He set the ball down. That is NOT how you down a play, esp. when you have no timeouts left. That was essentially a fumble. The ball should have gone to the Sun Devils.
He was lucky the ending now looks like a time management issue rather than flat out stupidity for setting the ball down. It's VERY rare, but that play is used and an o-lineman picks it up to run with it! He shouldn't get a pass because his intention was to end the play. The game is played and officiated based on what is done, not what you intended to do. Just MHO.
Wasn't it just last year (maybe the year before) when the Cal QB had a similar brain fart? I forget who they were playing.
Okay let me re-phrase. Whatever you believe, it was just another example of the officials standing around indecisively with their whistles up their ahss.

If you think it was a fumble, then when the ASU player(s) touched the ball the referees should have blown the ball dead to indicate it was now ASU ball. The official's (non)actions did nothing to add an ounce of control or credibility here. And the obvious results and lack of explanation is why it is now the biggest debacle talk of the season so far.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#22308 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I love my life too but I certainly dont expect you to be happy for me. Whether I could be some punk kid who uses his a computer in mommies basement like Fart Deco Man likes to think, or whether I could be a young man from a well-to-do family myself who has my youth, health, looks, a degree from USC and a very good paying job, it doesnt really matter what anyone on Topix thinks because we dont know who the heck we are really dealing with. The only thing I do know is you sure spend a lot of time bagging on USC, like you were jilted by the mighty Trojan family at one point. Maybe one of your children couldnt get into USC. I know it wasnt you after all, you have been just too busy in life flying between states, tending with the ranch hands, meeting dignitaries, or hanging out in hotel lobbies in Hawaii meeting male vacationers for some cash. Yes much too busy, especially to be posting on an online blog... HaHa
Great then we agree we love our lives!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22309 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you did, and yes it is great to be you. I wish I could find a woman like your husband that I would put up with me, and that I could sponge off and vicariously live through her wealth like you do with him... HaHa
Jealous? Bryan College Station is small.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22310 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
agree, his knee never touched the ground from what I saw.
Actually the showed it today and his knee was down. Now the PAC 12 is apologizing. A day late and many dollars short. To bad it had to end that way.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22311 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Okay let me re-phrase. Whatever you believe, it was just another example of the officials standing around indecisively with their whistles up their ahss.
If you think it was a fumble, then when the ASU player(s) touched the ball the referees should have blown the ball dead to indicate it was now ASU ball. The official's (non)actions did nothing to add an ounce of control or credibility here. And the obvious results and lack of explanation is why it is now the biggest debacle talk of the season so far.
Today they also showed that the official prevented Wisconsin telling them to stop. It is kind of riveting in a way. Wonder how long that official has been officiating.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22312 Sep 16, 2013

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22313 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, right there. Ranked about what #45, something like that? Heh heh heh heh
#46 in USA Todays poll

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22314 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Today they also showed that the official prevented Wisconsin telling them to stop. It is kind of riveting in a way. Wonder how long that official has been officiating.
I read 30 years

San Fernando Valley

#22315 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
#46 in USA Todays poll
Heh heh heh heh heh.......

Go Bruins!

San Fernando Valley

#22316 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know JMW, it was just sloppy all around. I am just glad my team (either side of the ball) wasn't put in a situation like that. Thanks for the Bruin support :)

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22317 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I read 30 years
Really?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#22318 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Great then we agree we love our lives!
Oh my everyone, thank you for your love and support (each of you knows who you are) while my partner Jonathan is recuperating from his unexpected stroke :)

I see a lot of hostility continues here on these football forums. We must all be like my friend Miss Wolfie and agree to love ourselves, because as we know in this day and age that self pleasure is rightfully accepted by most ;)

I love my life and my partner's life. I love my fellow Bruin boys Nation, Lifer, and Brewski! I love our unexpected Bruins rising to the occasion! BUT I do not love those all white uniforms we sported :(

Thanks goodness, we retained the gold helmets, otherwise our outfits would have painfully reminded me of those horrific all-white disasters when those nasty USC Trojans beat us 50-0 a few years back :/

Go Bruins, Go loving life no matter who goes or doesn't go to our home games!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22319 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>You know JMW, it was just sloppy all around. I am just glad my team (either side of the ball) wasn't put in a situation like that. Thanks for the Bruin support :)
That was the best game of the week. At the end of the game where both teams prayed on their knees...brought tears to my eyes. But that's just classy Midwest folks. I love the Midwest people.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22320 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I read 30 years
What paper, please?

West Hollywood, CA

#22321 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Heh heh heh heh heh.......
Go Bruins!
Love you Brewski, but please, let's try to reduce the sinister laughing shall we :/

Many of us Bruins are already being labeled cocky by the general public with our display of newfound arrogance, but that goes against our core value of calling other schools arrogance :(

Go Bruins, Go Brewski with a hee hee, ho ho, and a couple of la de da's!

West Hollywood, CA

#22322 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the best game of the week. At the end of the game where both teams prayed on their knees...brought tears to my eyes. But that's just classy Midwest folks. I love the Midwest people.
Me too because my partner Jonathan is from the Midwest. But I must say those folk really aren't open to alternative lifestyles, so that's why he moved our here and straight over to the Westside, where all is accepted ;)

Go Bruins, Go alternative lifestyles, and uniforms!

West Hollywood, CA

#22323 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
agree, his knee never touched the ground from what I saw.
I love you too Nation, even though I see you are still trying to "agree' with just about everything those nasty USC Trojans say around here :/

Go Bruins, we are almost our own men!

West Hollywood, CA

#22324 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>0-1 and in last place in the conference, yeah you're right there.
Oh and of course I still love you Lifer. But as mentioned before, anger is the undoing of us all, whether it be our own or enticing the anger out of others :/

0-1 hardly makes an end-all last place here, as 1 conference win by those fellas and a conference loss by us puts us in last place

:(

Go Bruins! First is the new last!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22325 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>You know it! I was "Brew In" some down already at kickoff (guzzling them down around halftime)!
Steelers-Bengals about to kickoff. Enjoying some Ole Smoky before the boss gets home!

Not really sure who to root for. Love Troy, but know a complete asshole who's a big Steelers fan.

Think I'll just sit back and watch what happens!!

Ah! Fanfar for the Common Man being played as the colors come out! LOVE that song!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,251,008
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min polymath257 243,272
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 1 hr Guest 1,638
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 6,236
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) 15 hr Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,822
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web