UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 29850 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22286 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
His team's in the top 10
So, of course, this year that'll be "her team". LOL!!

Front runner.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#22287 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the earlie games, not a fan of 7:30 KO's, although 9 am west coast time was a little early. Had to wait till half time to have a beer.
So what did you have in the meantime, a couple of glasses of wine?

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#22288 Sep 16, 2013
To LA sports fans: Simers is leaving the LA Times for the OC Register - http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2013/09/the...

What the what?????
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22289 Sep 16, 2013
CPEM wrote:
To LA sports fans: Simers is leaving the LA Times for the OC Register - http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2013/09/the...
What the what?????
That sucks. But not surprised his smart ass ways got him canned.

A lot of Times readers have called for that over the years. But he has a lot more supporters than detractors.

That's great for the Register, but I won't pay to read him online and we only buy a paper somewhere between 6-10 times a year.

Wish him the best!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#22290 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>The Coliseum had much more of familiar feel last night. Going to the game, seeing the Trojans dominant like we know they can, then hitting a few bars/clubs in Downtown afterwards! The 520 total yards is more of what I want to see now that we are settling into a rhythm and CLK gave Cody the car keys!
FTFO
Yeah except the car keys are to a Ford Pinto! Heh heh heh heh heh

San Fernando Valley

#22291 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
The day after:
UCLA 38_Nebraska 24
final
UCLA 41 Nebraska 21
USC 27_BC 12
final
USC 35 BC 7
Oregon 45_Tenn 13
final
Oregon 59 Tenn 14
Bama 41_Texas A&M 24
final
Bama 49 A&M 42
No upset with Cal
Good job Karnac! I must take you to Vegas next time!

I was sort of happy to see ASU beat Wisconsin, but can't say I really stand behind it because it looks like the Badgers got screwed big time at the end!

San Fernando Valley

#22292 Sep 16, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what bloody marys, screwdrivers & greyhounds were made for!!(7 a.m. drinking)
Just as good...irish coffees!
You know it! I was "Brew In" some down already at kickoff (guzzling them down around halftime)!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22293 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>You know it! I was "Brew In" some down already at kickoff (guzzling them down around halftime)!
Yeah! Waiting until halftime?!

Amateur! LOL!!!

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#22294 Sep 16, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You could tell the bandwagoners weren't there when the cheer went out for UCLA's comeback. Most alumni want the Bruins to represent the conference well in their OOC games.
We enjoy those early games, even with the heat. We hit The Pantry for breakfast and didn't haul anything but drinks & light snacks to our tailgate party.
Check out the Top of Five after a game! Went there a couple of seasons ago after a game and was amazed how quickly we were seated for drinks/coffee & appetizers. There were LOTS of people waiting. But they saw our USC gear on and sat us in less than 2 minutes. Hell, I'm nobody and have no problem admitting it. I don't know the people "some" on this thread do. LOL!!
Fight On! Beat the Aggies!!
I will have to check Top of Five, sounds like they have their service priorities straight! Dont worry about being considered by some snobs as a "nobody", we all cant have lunch with Obama, own property in every county in the United States, or be the old "acquaintance” of Don Ho. But I guess "something" has to be conjured up to replace the lack of a decent Island football team...LOL

FTFO!

San Marino, CA

#22295 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah except the car keys are to a Ford Pinto! Heh heh heh heh heh
I will take the Ford Pinto over the current (B)ruin model which includes all you crash test dummies... HaHa

We are right there!
TROJANS 2-1
BRUINS 2-0

San Marino, CA

#22296 Sep 16, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, of course, this year that'll be "her team". LOL!!
Front runner.
Rumor has it she invited Johnny Cantaloupe over to her (husbands) Texas ranch to sign autographs to sell to the Punahoe school kids... HaHa

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#22297 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Good job Karnac! I must take you to Vegas next time!
I was sort of happy to see ASU beat Wisconsin, but can't say I really stand behind it because it looks like the Badgers got screwed big time at the end!
They did get screwed. No doubt about it,

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22298 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will have to check Top of Five, sounds like they have their service priorities straight! Dont worry about being considered by some snobs as a "nobody", we all cant have lunch with Obama, own property in every county in the United States, or be the old "acquaintance” of Don Ho. But I guess "something" has to be conjured up to replace the lack of a decent Island football team...LOL
FTFO!
I love my life. You should be happy for me.:)

Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22299 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Rumor has it she invited Johnny Cantaloupe over to her (husbands) Texas ranch to sign autographs to sell to the Punahoe school kids... HaHa
Not really had lunch with his Mom. It's great to be me!

San Marino, CA

#22300 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my life. You should be happy for me.:)
Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.
I love my life too but I certainly dont expect you to be happy for me. Whether I could be some punk kid who uses his a computer in mommies basement like Fart Deco Man likes to think, or whether I could be a young man from a well-to-do family myself who has my youth, health, looks, a degree from USC and a very good paying job, it doesnt really matter what anyone on Topix thinks because we dont know who the heck we are really dealing with. The only thing I do know is you sure spend a lot of time bagging on USC, like you were jilted by the mighty Trojan family at one point. Maybe one of your children couldnt get into USC. I know it wasnt you after all, you have been just too busy in life flying between states, tending with the ranch hands, meeting dignitaries, or hanging out in hotel lobbies in Hawaii meeting male vacationers for some cash. Yes much too busy, especially to be posting on an online blog... HaHa
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#22301 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will take the Ford Pinto over the current (B)ruin model which includes all you crash test dummies... HaHa
We are right there!
TROJANS 2-1
BRUINS 2-0
0-1 and in last place in the conference, yeah you're right there.

San Marino, CA

#22302 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really had lunch with his Mom. It's great to be me!
Of course you did, and yes it is great to be you. I wish I could find a woman like your husband that I would put up with me, and that I could sponge off and vicariously live through her wealth like you do with him... HaHa
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22303 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Good job Karnac! I must take you to Vegas next time!
They didn't get screwed. The QB was an idiot. It's happened before; It'll happen again.

He set the ball down. That is NOT how you down a play, esp. when you have no timeouts left. That was essentially a fumble. The ball should have gone to the Sun Devils.

He was lucky the ending now looks like a time management issue rather than flat out stupidity for setting the ball down. It's VERY rare, but that play is used and an o-lineman picks it up to run with it! He shouldn't get a pass because his intention was to end the play. The game is played and officiated based on what is done, not what you intended to do. Just MHO.

Wasn't it just last year (maybe the year before) when the Cal QB had a similar brain fart? I forget who they were playing.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22304 Sep 16, 2013
Fumble-rooski!(sp) That's the name of the play.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22305 Sep 16, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get screwed. The QB was an idiot. It's happened before; It'll happen again.
He set the ball down. That is NOT how you down a play, esp. when you have no timeouts left. That was essentially a fumble. The ball should have gone to the Sun Devils.
He was lucky the ending now looks like a time management issue rather than flat out stupidity for setting the ball down. It's VERY rare, but that play is used and an o-lineman picks it up to run with it! He shouldn't get a pass because his intention was to end the play. The game is played and officiated based on what is done, not what you intended to do. Just MHO.
Wasn't it just last year (maybe the year before) when the Cal QB had a similar brain fart? I forget who they were playing.
agree, his knee never touched the ground from what I saw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,263,387
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Aura Mytha 244,842
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 38 min YTube 310,332
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr End Of Story 6,468
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web