UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 33088 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#22298 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will have to check Top of Five, sounds like they have their service priorities straight! Dont worry about being considered by some snobs as a "nobody", we all cant have lunch with Obama, own property in every county in the United States, or be the old "acquaintance” of Don Ho. But I guess "something" has to be conjured up to replace the lack of a decent Island football team...LOL
FTFO!
I love my life. You should be happy for me.:)

Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22299 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Rumor has it she invited Johnny Cantaloupe over to her (husbands) Texas ranch to sign autographs to sell to the Punahoe school kids... HaHa
Not really had lunch with his Mom. It's great to be me!

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#22300 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my life. You should be happy for me.:)
Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.
I love my life too but I certainly dont expect you to be happy for me. Whether I could be some punk kid who uses his a computer in mommies basement like Fart Deco Man likes to think, or whether I could be a young man from a well-to-do family myself who has my youth, health, looks, a degree from USC and a very good paying job, it doesnt really matter what anyone on Topix thinks because we dont know who the heck we are really dealing with. The only thing I do know is you sure spend a lot of time bagging on USC, like you were jilted by the mighty Trojan family at one point. Maybe one of your children couldnt get into USC. I know it wasnt you after all, you have been just too busy in life flying between states, tending with the ranch hands, meeting dignitaries, or hanging out in hotel lobbies in Hawaii meeting male vacationers for some cash. Yes much too busy, especially to be posting on an online blog... HaHa
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#22301 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will take the Ford Pinto over the current (B)ruin model which includes all you crash test dummies... HaHa
We are right there!
TROJANS 2-1
BRUINS 2-0
0-1 and in last place in the conference, yeah you're right there.

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#22302 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really had lunch with his Mom. It's great to be me!
Of course you did, and yes it is great to be you. I wish I could find a woman like your husband that I would put up with me, and that I could sponge off and vicariously live through her wealth like you do with him... HaHa
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22303 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Good job Karnac! I must take you to Vegas next time!
I was sort of happy to see ASU beat Wisconsin, but can't say I really stand behind it because it looks like the Badgers got screwed big time at the end!
They didn't get screwed. The QB was an idiot. It's happened before; It'll happen again.

He set the ball down. That is NOT how you down a play, esp. when you have no timeouts left. That was essentially a fumble. The ball should have gone to the Sun Devils.

He was lucky the ending now looks like a time management issue rather than flat out stupidity for setting the ball down. It's VERY rare, but that play is used and an o-lineman picks it up to run with it! He shouldn't get a pass because his intention was to end the play. The game is played and officiated based on what is done, not what you intended to do. Just MHO.

Wasn't it just last year (maybe the year before) when the Cal QB had a similar brain fart? I forget who they were playing.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22304 Sep 16, 2013
Fumble-rooski!(sp) That's the name of the play.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22305 Sep 16, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get screwed. The QB was an idiot. It's happened before; It'll happen again.
He set the ball down. That is NOT how you down a play, esp. when you have no timeouts left. That was essentially a fumble. The ball should have gone to the Sun Devils.
He was lucky the ending now looks like a time management issue rather than flat out stupidity for setting the ball down. It's VERY rare, but that play is used and an o-lineman picks it up to run with it! He shouldn't get a pass because his intention was to end the play. The game is played and officiated based on what is done, not what you intended to do. Just MHO.
Wasn't it just last year (maybe the year before) when the Cal QB had a similar brain fart? I forget who they were playing.
agree, his knee never touched the ground from what I saw.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#22306 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I will take the Ford Pinto over the current (B)ruin model which includes all you crash test dummies... HaHa
We are right there!
TROJANS 2-1
BRUINS 2-0
Yup, right there. Ranked about what #45, something like that? Heh heh heh heh

San Fernando Valley

#22307 Sep 16, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay let me re-phrase. Whatever you believe, it was just another example of the officials standing around indecisively with their whistles up their ahss.

If you think it was a fumble, then when the ASU player(s) touched the ball the referees should have blown the ball dead to indicate it was now ASU ball. The official's (non)actions did nothing to add an ounce of control or credibility here. And the obvious results and lack of explanation is why it is now the biggest debacle talk of the season so far.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22308 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I love my life too but I certainly dont expect you to be happy for me. Whether I could be some punk kid who uses his a computer in mommies basement like Fart Deco Man likes to think, or whether I could be a young man from a well-to-do family myself who has my youth, health, looks, a degree from USC and a very good paying job, it doesnt really matter what anyone on Topix thinks because we dont know who the heck we are really dealing with. The only thing I do know is you sure spend a lot of time bagging on USC, like you were jilted by the mighty Trojan family at one point. Maybe one of your children couldnt get into USC. I know it wasnt you after all, you have been just too busy in life flying between states, tending with the ranch hands, meeting dignitaries, or hanging out in hotel lobbies in Hawaii meeting male vacationers for some cash. Yes much too busy, especially to be posting on an online blog... HaHa
Great then we agree we love our lives!

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22309 Sep 16, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you did, and yes it is great to be you. I wish I could find a woman like your husband that I would put up with me, and that I could sponge off and vicariously live through her wealth like you do with him... HaHa
Jealous? Bryan College Station is small.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22310 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
agree, his knee never touched the ground from what I saw.
Actually the showed it today and his knee was down. Now the PAC 12 is apologizing. A day late and many dollars short. To bad it had to end that way.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22311 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Okay let me re-phrase. Whatever you believe, it was just another example of the officials standing around indecisively with their whistles up their ahss.
If you think it was a fumble, then when the ASU player(s) touched the ball the referees should have blown the ball dead to indicate it was now ASU ball. The official's (non)actions did nothing to add an ounce of control or credibility here. And the obvious results and lack of explanation is why it is now the biggest debacle talk of the season so far.
Today they also showed that the official prevented Wisconsin telling them to stop. It is kind of riveting in a way. Wonder how long that official has been officiating.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22312 Sep 16, 2013

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#22313 Sep 16, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, right there. Ranked about what #45, something like that? Heh heh heh heh
#46 in USA Todays poll

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#22314 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Today they also showed that the official prevented Wisconsin telling them to stop. It is kind of riveting in a way. Wonder how long that official has been officiating.
I read 30 years

San Fernando Valley

#22315 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
#46 in USA Todays poll
Heh heh heh heh heh.......

Go Bruins!

San Fernando Valley

#22316 Sep 16, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know JMW, it was just sloppy all around. I am just glad my team (either side of the ball) wasn't put in a situation like that. Thanks for the Bruin support :)

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22317 Sep 16, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I read 30 years
Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min RiccardoFire 1,534,724
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 258,469
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr ThomasA 314,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web