UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
21,021 - 21,040 of 27,013 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

UCLA # 13 in coaches poll, sweet

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Should be an interesting game tomorrow. Cody stated earlier this week, it's been tough to worry about winning the game, when he was more concerned with trying to win the job.
Now that he's been handed the keys, we'll see how he does. If things don't turn around by game 5 or 6, CLK needs to give the freshman a shot. Let him take some hits and maybe throw a few picks in a season that is going to be mediocre, at best,(by USC standards).
Fight On!!
The Coliseum had much more of familiar feel last night. Going to the game, seeing the Trojans dominant like we know they can, then hitting a few bars/clubs in Downtown afterwards! The 520 total yards is more of what I want to see now that we are settling into a rhythm and CLK gave Cody the car keys!

FTFO

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
typical trojan bandwaggon fan. see you had only 60k last night, folks like you are jumping off the bandwaggon in droves
For a team that is riding an emotional high and currently are the media darlings because of your team playing over their heads because the death of a teammate, lets see how many empty seats there are in the Rose Bowl next week against New Mexico St. With you (B)ruins thinking you are unstoppable right now, lets see if your fickle fans believe it and fill up more than 75% of your stadium. Anything less will be typical. You (B)ruin fair-weather fools should look to Michigan who sold out their home game against AKRON. Can you (B)ruin pussies who ;literally have no excuse not to can do the same?

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, I got nothing to cry about. I could care less about USC as they are so INSIGNIFICANT in college football. Play your schedule. Can't wait for that cross town rivalry game this year. Might be 50-0 UCLA. They looked really good today. Score 28 points in the 3rd quarter! Wow!
CRY ON TROJANS!
CRY ON!
You SHOULD be crying! The Rainsoaked Warriors are considered to be one of the five worst teams right now. Talk about INSIGNIFICANT! Good job Norm. Just do everyone a favor and retire. As for my Trojans, we are getting our offensive kinks worked out and we are enjoying our SIGNIFICANT top ten defense in points against while only giving up an average of 1 touchdown a game!

USC - WE ARE FIGHTING ON AND WINNING!
HAWAII - VACATION FOR THEM STARTED IN AUGUST!

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>For a team that is riding an emotional high and currently are the media darlings because of your team playing over their heads because the death of a teammate, lets see how many empty seats there are in the Rose Bowl next week against New Mexico St. With you (B)ruins thinking you are unstoppable right now, lets see if your fickle fans believe it and fill up more than 75% of your stadium. Anything less will be typical. You (B)ruin fair-weather fools should look to Michigan who sold out their home game against AKRON. Can you (B)ruin pussies who ;literally have no excuse not to can do the same?
39 teams received votes in the coaches poll, your trojans were not one of them

must have left a lasting impression last night

FTFO
Trojan

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>The Coliseum had much more of familiar feel last night. Going to the game, seeing the Trojans dominant like we know they can, then hitting a few bars/clubs in Downtown afterwards! The 520 total yards is more of what I want to see now that we are settling into a rhythm and CLK gave Cody the car keys!
FTFO
You could tell the bandwagoners weren't there when the cheer went out for UCLA's comeback. Most alumni want the Bruins to represent the conference well in their OOC games.

We enjoy those early games, even with the heat. We hit The Pantry for breakfast and didn't haul anything but drinks & light snacks to our tailgate party.

Check out the Top of Five after a game! Went there a couple of seasons ago after a game and was amazed how quickly we were seated for drinks/coffee & appetizers. There were LOTS of people waiting. But they saw our USC gear on and sat us in less than 2 minutes. Hell, I'm nobody and have no problem admitting it. I don't know the people "some" on this thread do. LOL!!

Fight On! Beat the Aggies!!

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You could tell the bandwagoners weren't there when the cheer went out for UCLA's comeback. Most alumni want the Bruins to represent the conference well in their OOC games.
We enjoy those early games, even with the heat. We hit The Pantry for breakfast and didn't haul anything but drinks & light snacks to our tailgate party.
Check out the Top of Five after a game! Went there a couple of seasons ago after a game and was amazed how quickly we were seated for drinks/coffee & appetizers. There were LOTS of people waiting. But they saw our USC gear on and sat us in less than 2 minutes. Hell, I'm nobody and have no problem admitting it. I don't know the people "some" on this thread do. LOL!!
Fight On! Beat the Aggies!!
I agree on the earlie games, not a fan of 7:30 KO's, although 9 am west coast time was a little early. Had to wait till half time to have a beer.

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Early dangit
Trojan

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the earlie games, not a fan of 7:30 KO's, although 9 am west coast time was a little early. Had to wait till half time to have a beer.
That's what bloody marys, screwdrivers & greyhounds were made for!!(7 a.m. drinking)

Just as good...irish coffees!

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
I predict , Ucla gets cornholed , in Lincoln!
Nice call Nostradamus :-)

what a FOOL

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
for whats it's worth:
UCLA 38_Nebraska 24
USC 27_BC 12
Oregon 45_Tenn 13
Bama 41_Texas A&M 24
Possible Upset:
Cal over Ohio St
The day after:

UCLA 38_Nebraska 24
final
UCLA 41 Nebraska 21

USC 27_BC 12
final
USC 35 BC 7

Oregon 45_Tenn 13
final
Oregon 59 Tenn 14

Bama 41_Texas A&M 24
final
Bama 49 A&M 42

No upset with Cal

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
UCLA # 13 in coaches poll, sweet
Going up every week. Congrats. That was the BEST game of the week.:)

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>The Coliseum had much more of familiar feel last night. Going to the game, seeing the Trojans dominant like we know they can, then hitting a few bars/clubs in Downtown afterwards! The 520 total yards is more of what I want to see now that we are settling into a rhythm and CLK gave Cody the car keys!
FTFO
Two words..,LONG SEASON!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>You SHOULD be crying! The Rainsoaked Warriors are considered to be one of the five worst teams right now. Talk about INSIGNIFICANT! Good job Norm. Just do everyone a favor and retire. As for my Trojans, we are getting our offensive kinks worked out and we are enjoying our SIGNIFICANT top ten defense in points against while only giving up an average of 1 touchdown a game!
USC - WE ARE FIGHTING ON AND WINNING!

I
HAWAII - VACATION FOR THEM STARTED IN AUGUST!
I agree. They are #106. BC is ranked 87... USC is beating bottom tear teams. Like I said long season ahead.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? It's Saturday...LOL! The bars in HB were open at 7:00 AM.

Enjoy life.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
The day after:
UCLA 38_Nebraska 24
final
UCLA 41 Nebraska 21
USC 27_BC 12
final
USC 35 BC 7
Oregon 45_Tenn 13
final
Oregon 59 Tenn 14
Bama 41_Texas A&M 24
final
Bama 49 A&M 42
No upset with Cal
Urban Meyer is a fantastic coach. He gets his teams to pay angry.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

I think the early start hurt the Huskers.

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Brett Hundley, ranked #1 QB on teams not in the top 10, On the rise.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
Brett Hundley, ranked #1 QB on teams not in the top 10, On the rise.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...
Mazel!

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mazel!
His team's in the top 10

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min ChristineM 226,020
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr LRS 1,098,672
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Big Sky 305,423
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 23 hr RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••