UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32252 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22178 Sep 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
CRY ON TROJANS!
CRY ON!
If BC wins will you go away?
As I've stated, only one crying is you. Keep it up. I love it!!

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#22179 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW PC was right Sanchez should have stayed his another year.
Even though Mark is a friend, I agreed from day one with PC on this. In the NFL it is truly difficult to be thrust into starting roles from day one with QBs. Not to say it cant be done (look at Andrew Luck & RG3), but too many of the young guys try to be the team do-it-all leader from the get go and injuries usually come into play because they try to over extend instead of learning from the sidelines for a few years on how to let the game come to them

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#22180 Sep 13, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
I predict , Ucla gets cornholed , in Lincoln!
Hey IET, I hope you're not thinking of paying for the Canelo Mayweather fight tomorrow. I know of a way you can watch the fight for free...it's called "livestream" would you like to know you can watch if for free? Let me know buddy. okay? ;)

San Marino, CA

#22181 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>4th time asking you this question, will you finally answer it?
Q. Do you still think will USC win 10 games as you predicted?
As Trojan reminded us about our hands being tied during the sanction process, CLK has had to make do with very skilled players but lack of depth. With that said, I admit I am disappointed with the lack of QB production following MB7 departing. CLK now needs (and has just recently done so) make the decision to go with one guy (Kessler) and let his confidence grow. Look at the title of this forum as a reminder to your QB woes prior to Hundley. I still feel the Trojans will rebound and make a game of it in conference play but realistically (offensive adjusting defense looks good) an 8 win season is more probable and in line to about how many games the (B)ruins will win.

USC - WE FIGHT ON AND WIN

San Marino, CA

#22182 Sep 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
He's broadcast only. Why bother asking.
Speaking of broadcast only, you and the hubby sit with Obama at any games recently or have I not given you enough time to conjuror that up yet... HaHa

HAG ON!

#22183 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of broadcast only, you and the hubby sit with Obama at any games recently or have I not given you enough time to conjuror that up yet... HaHa
HAG ON!
you think usc USC will still go 11-2?

San Marino, CA

#22184 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>you think usc USC will still go 11-2?
Please Robbie

@Nebraska
@Utah
@Stanford
@Oregon
@Arizona
@USC

I am actually being kind and giving your (B)ruins the possibility of 2 wins out of that road schedule. That gives you an 8-4 record assuming you can also handle ASU and Washington at the Rose Bowl (which I think 1-1 is more like it). If you dont think I am right, then I sure hope for your sake that you will consider what you lose in Vegas over your UCLA bets as “extra money”
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22186 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Even though Mark is a friend, I agreed from day one with PC on this. In the NFL it is truly difficult to be thrust into starting roles from day one with QBs. Not to say it cant be done (look at Andrew Luck & RG3), but too many of the young guys try to be the team do-it-all leader from the get go and injuries usually come into play because they try to over extend instead of learning from the sidelines for a few years on how to let the game come to them
Should be an interesting game tomorrow. Cody stated earlier this week, it's been tough to worry about winning the game, when he was more concerned with trying to win the job.

Now that he's been handed the keys, we'll see how he does. If things don't turn around by game 5 or 6, CLK needs to give the freshman a shot. Let him take some hits and maybe throw a few picks in a season that is going to be mediocre, at best,(by USC standards).

Fight On!!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#22187 Sep 13, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've stated, only one crying is you. Keep it up. I love it!!
Hon, I'm not crying. Listening to all of you berate each other. What the media is saying, and what your players are Tweeting...

CRY ON TROJANS!

CRY ON!
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22188 Sep 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, I'm not crying. Listening to all of you berate each other. What the media is saying, and what your players are Tweeting...
CRY ON TROJANS!
CRY ON!
Yes, you're still crying and I'm still loving it! LOL!!

#22189 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Please Robbie
@Nebraska
@Utah
@Stanford
@Oregon
@Arizona
@USC
I am actually being kind and giving your (B)ruins the possibility of 2 wins out of that road schedule. That gives you an 8-4 record assuming you can also handle ASU and Washington at the Rose Bowl (which I think 1-1 is more like it). If you dont think I am right, then I sure hope for your sake that you will consider what you lose in Vegas over your UCLA bets as “extra money”
speaking of money, put it where your mouth is...how about a wager on the first road game, tomorrow? how does $50 sound? UCLA straight up.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22190 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>speaking of money, put it where your mouth is...how about a wager on the first road game, tomorrow? how does $50 sound? UCLA straight up.
Come on...no sports betting here.but looking forward to that game. Like I said you have an angel in heaven with the team.

#22191 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>As Trojan reminded us about our hands being tied during the sanction process, CLK has had to make do with very skilled players but lack of depth. With that said, I admit I am disappointed with the lack of QB production following MB7 departing. CLK now needs (and has just recently done so) make the decision to go with one guy (Kessler) and let his confidence grow. Look at the title of this forum as a reminder to your QB woes prior to Hundley. I still feel the Trojans will rebound and make a game of it in conference play but realistically (offensive adjusting defense looks good) an 8 win season is more probable and in line to about how many games the (B)ruins will win.
USC - WE FIGHT ON AND WIN
That is the biggest crock of shit, just look at the USC roster filled with 4 and 5-star players...now that you can see that your team sucks more than I had said is sucked, you are now using excuses like "our team is playing with an arm tied behind our back".
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22192 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>...you are now using excuses like "our team is playing with an arm tied behind our back".
"Now using"? You should learn how to read. I've said it since well before the season started. I was even AGREEING WITH YOU (amazing as that sounds) in wishing we had had more scholies for some beef in the middle.

As I've said, enjoy it while it lasts.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22193 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>That is the biggest crock of shit, just look at the USC roster filled with 4 and 5-star players...now that you can see that your team sucks more than I had said is sucked, you are now using excuses like "our team is playing with an arm tied behind our back".
One hand tied behind their backs, I agree with ya Bull*shit

2011:
USC # 4
UCLA #45

USC #8
UCLA # 13

2013:
USC #13
UCLA #8

Bottom line is Kiffin can't coach 4 & 5 star players period.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22194 Sep 13, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Now using"? You should learn how to read. I've said it since well before the season started. I was even AGREEING WITH YOU (amazing as that sounds) in wishing we had had more scholies for some beef in the middle.
As I've said, enjoy it while it lasts.
BC if they beat USC...you'll be crying for sure.

CRY ON TROJANS!

CRY ON!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#22195 Sep 13, 2013
last post
Recruiting class standings
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#22196 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
One hand tied behind their backs, I agree with ya Bull*shit
2011:
USC # 4
UCLA #45
USC #8
UCLA # 13
2013:
USC #13
UCLA #8
Bottom line is Kiffin can't coach 4 & 5 star players period.
IF THESE NUMBERS ARE YOUR RECRUITING RATINGS, IT GOES TO SHOW CALIFORNIA HAS A LOT OF TALENT TO GO AROUND FOR UCLA, USC, PLUS CAL, AND STANFORD.

WE HAVE THE SAME SITUATION HERE IN FLORIDA WITH THE BEST TALENT ON THIS SIDE OF THE COUNTRY, BUT WE MUST FIGHT IT OUT EVERY YEAR WITH FLA ST, MIAMI, AND EVEN CENTRAL FLORIDA.

IT IS THE ONES WE LET SLIP AWAY FROM BOTH OUR STATES TO GO ELSEWHERE THAT WE SHOULD BE DISPPOINTED WITH OURSELVES

Go GATORS

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#22197 Sep 13, 2013
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
<quoted text>
Go GATORS
Go Bruins

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22198 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Bruins
You know, all the good games are at the same time.thank GAWD I got that new TWC DVR 4 shows at one time. Last week weather had schedule all jacked up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,375,849
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min ThomasA 311,048
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr I Am No One_ 254,987
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 9,555
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web