UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 29826 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22154 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for a great game, UCLA 38 Nebraska 24
For the sake of the conference, I hope you're right!

With USC playing with one arm tied behind our back (maybe TWO when you factor in CLK), we need someone else to step over the next couple of years!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22155 Sep 12, 2013
step UP!

Sorry, watching the Jets & Patriots!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22156 Sep 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
With USC playing with one arm tied behind our back (maybe TWO when you factor in CLK), we need someone else to step over the next couple of years!
Look I'm not a Kiffin fan, but dude you guys have some of the best talent in CFB, I said from day 1 Kiffin was a mistake, That being said, SC will still have a good season, But your QB's are NOT as good as everyone thought. Browns your guy for the future. Your went from Rah, Rah. Carrol (which yoiu need in CFB) to Milktoast Kiffin, I swear he looks lost on the sidelines. Hang in there you guys will get better.
OMG did I really say all this???:-)

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#22157 Sep 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW PC was right Sanchez should have stayed his another year.

“Let's go Bruins! Bring Another”

Since: Aug 09

National Title to Westwood!!

#22158 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I'm not a Kiffin fan, but dude you guys have some of the best talent in CFB, I said from day 1 Kiffin was a mistake, That being said, SC will still have a good season, But your QB's are NOT as good as everyone thought. Browns your guy for the future. Your went from Rah, Rah. Carrol (which yoiu need in CFB) to Milktoast Kiffin, I swear he looks lost on the sidelines. Hang in there you guys will get better.
OMG did I really say all this???:-)
usc will have a good season? Yeah they should be able to win 5 games.

#22159 Sep 12, 2013
-RUSH- wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a very young D-line, and backers, so The Bruins will score. Martinez can change a game, either for us or against us, it depends on what mode he is in. Nebraska rarely loses at home. Huskers 35, UCLA 28. I just hope it is a good game. To all the Bruin fans out there, so sorry for to hear about that young man. Our hearts here in Nebraska go out to you. When something like that happens, it really proves that football is just a game, and these are just kids.
Nebraska fans Are the classiest fans in the country, I said that last year after the huskers visited the Rose Bowl and I'm saying it again. Nebraska players Will be wearing a #36 sticker on their helmets on Saturday and the stadium will be having a moment of silence. Thank you Nebraska Cornhusker fans. Go Huskers!! Ho Bruins!!!!

#22160 Sep 12, 2013
^^^Go Bruins!!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22161 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I said from day 1 Kiffin was a mistake...
He was the only one who would take the job. Everyone else was not willing to deal with an unknown hand.

If you'll recall, everyone knew sanctions were about to be handed down, but nobody knew how harshly they were going to come down on us. He stepped up, not knowing what he would be handed. For that and that alone, I admired him.

Yes, he immediately started saying the stupidest things. But I attributed that to his inexperience.(Heck, Rob is probably at least 10 years his senior and posts the most retarded things!! I hope he'll get smarter in the years to come.)

Lane might have stood a chance, if he had been secure & confident enough to hire a decent O-coordinator and D-coordinator. But he wasn't. I still respect him for being able to take on an unknown handicap and will wish him nothing but the best when he moves on.

I sure as heck will never hold against him anything that happened with that schmuck Al Davis!

UT?! I won't comment on anything having to do with the SEC.:-)
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22162 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Nebraska fans Are the classiest fans in the country, I said that last year after the huskers visited the Rose Bowl and I'm saying it again. Nebraska players Will be wearing a #36 sticker on their helmets on Saturday and the stadium will be having a moment of silence. Thank you Nebraska Cornhusker fans. Go Huskers!! Ho Bruins!!!!
How fans conduct themselves on the road is not the best gauge of how classy they are. They realize they are on enemy turf.

I've been to South Bend 4 times for the big game and every time, nothing but class & hospitality. Cornhuskers MAY be great fans and worthy of your kind words. I'm just saying how they conducted themselves at the Rose Bowl doesn't mean too much.

Good luck this weekend! S/B a good game. I'll be at the Coliseum, so I won't be able to watch.

#22163 Sep 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
How fans conduct themselves on the road is not the best gauge of how classy they are. They realize they are on enemy turf.
I've been to South Bend 4 times for the big game and every time, nothing but class & hospitality. Cornhuskers MAY be great fans and worthy of your kind words. I'm just saying how they conducted themselves at the Rose Bowl doesn't mean too much.
Good luck this weekend! S/B a good game. I'll be at the Coliseum, so I won't be able to watch.
after the game last year many husker fans came over our tailgate spot to congratulate UCLA and wished us luck the rest of the year and also said stuff like"we look forward to hosting you next year";i was just not used to those types of gestures from other fans.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22164 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW PC was right Sanchez should have stayed his another year.
Geno may be the NYJ's long term guy. But he showed again tonight that he is not ready yet.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#22165 Sep 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Geno may be the NYJ's long term guy. But he showed again tonight that he is not ready yet.
no doubt, But MS is gone.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22166 Sep 12, 2013
LA County Sheriff arrested tonight for raping a teen. No shocker to those of us with a brain.

#22167 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Okay now you are back to acting like a (B)ruin A-hole. Sort of like Rob in Vegas when he has a beer in his hand and his team is losing... HaHa
4th time asking you this question, will you finally answer it?
Q. Do you still think will USC win 10 games as you predicted?
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#22169 Sep 13, 2013
I predict , Ucla gets cornholed , in Lincoln!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#22170 Sep 13, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure on the investigation thing, but these are his years of eligibility:
2009 redshirt
2010 freshman
2011 sophomore
2012 junior
2013 senior
He is one of the few who are good enough to make a go at the NFL but stayed and is a “seasoned” college veteran!
Yeah, it was kind of a shady deal. About 1 year before he was offered, his dad secured a licensing deal with Nebraska (and Iowa, Iowa State, and some other college) whereby he could sell officially licensed gear. You think Nebraska didn't feel obligated to agree to the deal in order to get the kid?

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#22171 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for a great game, UCLA 38 Nebraska 24
Might be closer. But I honk the Bruins got this one.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22172 Sep 13, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was the only one who would take the job. Everyone else was not willing to deal with an unknown hand.
If you'll recall, everyone knew sanctions were about to be handed down, but nobody knew how harshly they were going to come down on us. He stepped up, not knowing what he would be handed. For that and that alone, I admired him.
Yes, he immediately started saying the stupidest things. But I attributed that to his inexperience.(Heck, Rob is probably at least 10 years his senior and posts the most retarded things!! I hope he'll get smarter in the years to come.)
Lane might have stood a chance, if he had been secure & confident enough to hire a decent O-coordinator and D-coordinator. But he wasn't. I still respect him for being able to take on an unknown handicap and will wish him nothing but the best when he moves on.
I sure as heck will never hold against him anything that happened with that schmuck Al Davis!
UT?! I won't comment on anything having to do with the SEC.:-)
Can you show us that post?

CRY ON TROJANS!

CRY ON!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22173 Sep 13, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Changing tune.LOL

CRY ON TROJANS!

CRY ON!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#22174 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>4th time asking you this question, will you finally answer it?
Q. Do you still think will USC win 10 games as you predicted?
He's broadcast only. Why bother asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Knowledge- 243,190
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min USAsince1680 1,250,873
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 min Patriot AKA Bozo 6,233
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 31 min Quantummist 1,631
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) 5 hr Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Tue KeS 201,822
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web