UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#22114 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
tought we would be talking football by now, guess I was wrong, so much hate on this string, Kind of sad.
GO BRUINS, beat the huskers
The reason is some folks don't know how to be gracious losers. Football is a cyclical thing. They were up for ten years. Now they are on a drown cycle. And it's going to take a couple of years to get their mojo back. USC fans are so used to winning under the Cheaty Petey era...it's hard to lose.

But last year when they were deflating balls...swapping jerseys...and God knows what else...its hard for fans to swallow. The media right now is showing no love to them. I bet USC fans throw the sports section away. They are going through the same pain as Texas.

The only thing Texas has on its side is coaches would want to replace Mack Brown. Coaches don't want to replace Kiffen as he always leaves a program facing sanctions. It's sad for those young men when their fans are booing. They don't know that the fans are booing Kiffen. Who boos their team? Who wants to play for a team where their fans boo them?

My heart as a Mom hurts for those boys. I really think Pat Haden needs to go. His job is done. He cleaned up what needed to be cleaned up. Now he can go back to making more money.

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22115 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Wow!!! check this out guys, USC is the #3 ranked team in this Poll. http://harveysbottomten.blogspot.com/2013/09/...
I didn't know he was still doing the bottom 10, thats like 25 yrs running now, funny.

Westwood

#22116 Sep 12, 2013

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#22117 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Very sad situation how a few punks ruin it for everyone.

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#22118 Sep 12, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks! I do figure we will get our points, but I know their QB (Martinez) can take it all the way himself on almost any play.
Nebraska feels we snuck in a victory or them last year in the Rose Bowl, so they would like nothing more than to avenge that loss. Their house can really rock but I do have faith in our kids!
Go Bruins!
Is Martinez STILL there??? It seems likes he's been playing there a really long time.

I wonder what became of that investigation into his family getting paid by Nebraska by way of a sham marketing deal?

Westwood

#22119 Sep 12, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Martinez STILL there??? It seems likes he's been playing there a really long time.
I wonder what became of that investigation into his family getting paid by Nebraska by way of a sham marketing deal?
Taylor Martinez QB 6' 1" 210 5 Corona, California

5th year, I was surprised also

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#22120 Sep 12, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon my Dad passed when I was 11. Go choke!
CRY ON TROJANS!
CRY ON!
Exactly my point. The trust fund fell into ignorant hands... HaHa

HAG ON ISLAND BITCHES!

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#22121 Sep 12, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sad situation how a few punks ruin it for everyone.
A few punks? Lets call YOU The Spinhagger!!! Try half the team full of drug-dealing punks and the coaching staff (yes that includes Les Miles) not only knew about the drugs but JOKED about it! So who is really the "punks" in all that?!?!?!

So shut the fuhk up all you haters that tried to crucify the Trojans about one incident with Reggie Bush outside the lines of the Trojan coaching staffs abilities to monitor!

SPIN ON HATING HAG!

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#22122 Sep 12, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said when they beat Hawaii the 106th team...they should feel so proud! When Hawaii got to the safety and 2 point conversion...embarrassing.
The Spinhagger in action. Sounds like you are proud of your Rainsoaked Warriors even though they could not score on USC until the last 30 seconds of the game on a Hail Mary pass when all our subs were in. You wanna talk about an embarrassment? Try Norm Chow and your second-tier Hawaii team who are so inept that theyt cant even entice superior mainland talent to go to your school in beautiful Hawaii... HaHa

SPIN ON HATING HAG!

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#22123 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
tought we would be talking football by now, guess I was wrong, so much hate on this string, Kind of sad.
GO BRUINS, beat the huskers
Yeah, just check who the sources of the hate starters are around here...

FIGHT ON TROJANS - BEAT BC

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#22124 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Now, I'm not one to usually defend any of this, but here's what I think:

1) Spend 10 months digging into any program, you are going to find issues.

2) Most of these issues arise from a "win at all costs" mentality. Coaches like Miles view places like Ok St as a stepping stone to where they really want to be, so they need to pad their resume. They know they'll be gone in a few seasons, so they don't care if the recipe for short-term success is also a recipe for long-term failure.

3) Most, if not all, of the "sources" are former players for Ok St who washed out in some form or another and now have an axe to grind. Will they embellish their stories to make it more relevant? Of course. Not saying that what they are saying is untrue, but maybe exaggerated.

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#22125 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Wow!!! check this out guys, USC is the #3 ranked team in this Poll. http://harveysbottomten.blogspot.com/2013/09/...
Is that the same no-talent hack who begged to be the host of the failing Family Feud? Honestly I am not sure here, but just curious what malignant sources you read and listen to?
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#22126 Sep 12, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Is that the same no-talent hack who begged to be the host of the failing Family Feud? Honestly I am not sure here, but just curious what malignant sources you read and listen to?
Scott Wolf's blog, that's where I got your latest rankings from...I asked you a question two times - do you still think USC will be 10-2?
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22127 Sep 12, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>The Spinhagger in action. Sounds like you are proud of your Rainsoaked Warriors even though they could not score on USC until the last 30 seconds of the game on a Hail Mary pass when all our subs were in. You wanna talk about an embarrassment? Try Norm Chow and your second-tier Hawaii team who are so inept that theyt cant even entice superior mainland talent to go to your school in beautiful Hawaii... HaHa
SPIN ON HATING HAG!
Yeah, hilarious how she's stupid enough to rag on 'SC when "her boys" suck ass.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#22128 Sep 12, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure on the investigation thing, but these are his years of eligibility:

2009 redshirt
2010 freshman
2011 sophomore
2012 junior
2013 senior

He is one of the few who are good enough to make a go at the NFL but stayed and is a “seasoned” college veteran!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22129 Sep 12, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Is that the same no-talent hack who begged to be the host of the failing Family Feud? Honestly I am not sure here, but just curious what malignant sources you read and listen to?
Anyone who will agree with his hate. Anyone who doesn't, he ignores. Either that or he tried to claim they don't know what they're talking about.

Come on, he's one of the ones who whooped it up as late as 2011 about that 8 game streak, but now wants to claim their 1 game streak is all that matters because they supposedly live in the present! He changes his tune all of the time to suit his arguments regarding UCLA.

When a USC player joked about Trojans getting paid, he said it must be true if a player is saying it. But he wants to conveniently what ignore what Walton, A UCLA ATHLETE, said about JW & SG playing players!!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22130 Sep 12, 2013
PAYING players

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#22131 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Scott Wolf's blog, that's where I got your latest rankings from...I asked you a question two times - do you still think USC will be 10-2?
I think we all know his answer to that without him painfully having to say! Heh heh heh heh

Go Bruins, beat the Cornhuskers!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#22132 Sep 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who will agree with his hate. Anyone who doesn't, he ignores. Either that or he tried to claim they don't know what they're talking about.
Come on, he's one of the ones who whooped it up as late as 2011 about that 8 game streak, but now wants to claim their 1 game streak is all that matters because they supposedly live in the present! He changes his tune all of the time to suit his arguments regarding UCLA.
When a USC player joked about Trojans getting paid, he said it must be true if a player is saying it. But he wants to conveniently what ignore what Walton, A UCLA ATHLETE, said about JW & SG playing players!!
All I know is had you been listening to my pronostications since 2010, when I said USC would have a decent year in 2011 (they were 10-2 and that the real lanor pains would start in 2012, and worsen over the next 5 years, you wouldn't crying like a littel beyatch as we speak. UCLA now rules L.A. Football - the sonner you come to grips with this, the sooner you will snap out of your depression. Not until 2018 will things return to normal...remember you have one more year of scholarship reductions.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22133 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>All I know is had you been listening to my pronostications since 2010, when I said USC would have a decent year in 2011 (they were 10-2 and that the real lanor pains would start in 2012, and worsen over the next 5 years, you wouldn't crying like a littel beyatch as we speak. UCLA now rules L.A. Football - the sonner you come to grips with this, the sooner you will snap out of your depression. Not until 2018 will things return to normal...remember you have one more year of scholarship reductions.
LOL!! Not crying like a little bitch, just telling the truth. You contradict yourself all of the time.

At least win a BCS bowl before claiming you are the rulers of anything. One decent year does not a ruler make.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,115,818
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min callyaout8852 228,634
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 min Pearl Jam 305,854
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr concerned adult 349
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr none_of_the_above 1,143
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE