UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 29829 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#21986 Sep 10, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not laughing any harder than we have about UCLA football over the past FOURTEEN years. ROFLMAO!!
Yours will be much more shortlived. 3 years, maybe 4.
As I've stated, enjoy it while it lasts. Only way to keep us down was to tie one arm behind our back.
I'm laughing harder!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#21987 Sep 10, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>lane is as good as gone.
10M to buy out the contracts.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#21988 Sep 10, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What's funnier is you talking smack after one semi decent season...less than 2 years removed from a 50-0 bitch slapping! Hardly good ol' days, unless you're a complete idiot.
Expect your this year. UCLA has an angel in heaven helping them now.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#21989 Sep 10, 2013
To the Bruin fans and family. My heartfelt condolences and sympathy. The way your team and Coach pulled together is amazing. Your team now has an angel in heaven who will lead them to many victories. God bless all f the Bruin Nation.

“Let's go Bruins! Bring Another”

Since: Aug 09

National Title to Westwood!!

#21990 Sep 10, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry think BC can take this one. Have you watched any of their games?
yes, I saw them play on saturday, their offense is very slow, and the OLine is not that good. I think of USC scores 2 TDs, that is all they will need to win.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#21991 Sep 10, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Mora and the TEAM were there because they ARE a team. Unlike the Trojans.
Learn how to read, you freakin' bimbo. That post was merely in line with what someone was trying to claim about LK, when he has no idea how LK would have handled the situation.

Dang, you're stupid.

#21992 Sep 10, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
To the Bruin fans and family. My heartfelt condolences and sympathy. The way your team and Coach pulled together is amazing. Your team now has an angel in heaven who will lead them to many victories. God bless all f the Bruin Nation.
thanks Wolfie, I hope they guys are prepared for the Nebraska game, it's gotta to be tough.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#21993 Sep 10, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm laughing harder!
Most fools do.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#21994 Sep 10, 2013
Condolences to the Pasquale & Bruin families on their loss.

Congrats to Wazzu on their victory. I hope they go undefeated the rest of the way, take a little bit of the sting off. Not much, but just a little.

CLK better figure out an offense that works quick, otherwise he'll be having to figure out where his next job will be at.

FTFO!!!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#21995 Sep 10, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Kiffins a loser and blames everyone but himself, even fired his own father to save his sorry arse, Mora's a class act.
Actually, firing Monte seems to have worked. The defense is playing quite well, Pendergast seems to being a good job. Now he should fire the offensive coordinator and get somebody that can call plays.

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#21996 Sep 10, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What's funnier is you talking smack after one semi decent season...less than 2 years removed from a 50-0 bitch slapping! Hardly good ol' days, unless you're a complete idiot.
Also check the history of (B)ruin football in recent years and you will see that they always start fairly well (playing a few mid-majors at home) then falter off when the going gets tough.(B)ruin fans were talking BCS after they sprinted out to a 9-2 record...then what? Lose 3 straight and limp off at 9-5.(B)ruins still act like they went to the BCS title game at that record. They are too unfamiliar to know that 5 losses or more (as rare as it is) has traditionally always been considered a failure of a season of USC! Our standards are higher then the “second football team” in L.A.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#21997 Sep 10, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh you DO know USC LOST, no one pulled anything out. Kiffins LOST EVERYWHERE HE'S BEEN, Time for a 10 year extension :)
I thought we covered?

San Marino, CA

#21998 Sep 10, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Expect your this year. UCLA has an angel in heaven helping them now.
So who is helping Chow and the Rainwashed Warriors then...YOU?! LMAO
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#21999 Sep 10, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU were the one who claimed because LK hasn't been able to own up to his shortcomings, he wouldn't have been there the way Mora was. That is not strecthing anything.
You don't know why Mora spent the day with the family & other kids at the high school. MAYBE it was because he knew cameras would be there and it would look good to recruits.
Yeah, sounds outlandish. Byut no more than you claiming to know how LK would have handled the situation.
He may be sincere,but Mora's emotional rants seem to reek of grand standing!

San Marino, CA

#22000 Sep 10, 2013
CPEM wrote:
CLK better figure out an offense that works quick, otherwise he'll be having to figure out where his next job will be at.
FTFO!!!
Agreed! CLK needs to go back to opening up the playbook. I understand the dominant ability of Lee, but why make the guy work so hard by throwing a bunch of lateral passes and then everyone stands around and expect him to work magic. Hey Lane, how about "the slant pass"?
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#22001 Sep 10, 2013
And whats with those eyes?...is he a Stepford wife or something!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#22002 Sep 10, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, firing Monte seems to have worked. The defense is playing quite well, Pendergast seems to being a good job. Now he should fire the offensive coordinator and get somebody that can call plays.
Yeah, pretty stupid to slam LK for doing what everyone knew he needed to. Has nothing to do with class or lack thereof. It has to do with holding even his own father accountable. That had to be tough.

Fight On!!

#22003 Sep 10, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Also check the history of (B)ruin football in recent years and you will see that they always start fairly well (playing a few mid-majors at home) then falter off when the going gets tough.(B)ruin fans were talking BCS after they sprinted out to a 9-2 record...then what? Lose 3 straight and limp off at 9-5.(B)ruins still act like they went to the BCS title game at that record. They are too unfamiliar to know that 5 losses or more (as rare as it is) has traditionally always been considered a failure of a season of USC! Our standards are higher then the “second football team” in L.A.
don't confuse the Neuheisel and Dullard days. Jim Mora is from a different breed, and we also have the talent to go a long way this year and for the future.

As for 9-2 and then 3 losses, well, if you saw the Pac-12 game, you would know we missed a last second field goal...and that pick-6 was actually a 14 point turn-around score, we score and we're up by 2 TDs, and out go the lights for Sanford. This year they are going down to us at Palo Alto...care to place a wager?

#22004 Sep 10, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>I thought we covered?
dude, what planet are you on?

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22005 Sep 10, 2013
This should make the 49er/Seahawks a little more interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,249,902
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 242,944
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 10 hr Sherlayne 1,618
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun mjjcpa 6,194
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Sun tom wingo 5
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 RiccardoFire 201,821
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 26 STO 310,175
More from around the web