UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 20 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#21646 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Pac 12 preview:(8 days and counting)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pa...
PROJECTED RECORDS
Champion: Stanford
North
•Stanford: 11-1, 8-1
•Oregon: 11-1, 8-1
•Washington: 8-4, 5-4
•Oregon State: 8-4, 5-4
•Washington State: 5-7, 3-6
•California: 4-8, 2-7
South
•UCLA: 8-4, 6-3
•Arizona State: 7-5, 5-4
•USC: 7-5, 5-4
•Utah: 6-6, 3-6
•Arizona: 6-6, 3-6
•Colorado: 3-9, 1-8
FIVE PLAYERS TO WATCH
•WR Marqise Lee, Jr., USC: There is no receiver in college football more dangerous with the ball in his hands, let alone one seemingly always able to get open.
•DT Will Sutton, Sr., Arizona State: Sutton's decision to return was a surprise, as he dominated Pac-12 offensive lines in 2012. Arizona State isn't complaining.
•QB Marcus Mariota, So., Oregon: He was seventh in the nation in passing efficiency, threw for 2,677 yards and ran for 752 yards with 37 total touchdowns.
•RB Ka'Deem Carey, Jr., Arizona: The All-American led the nation in rushing with 1,929 yards and set Arizona season records for rushing yards and rushing touchdowns (23). His offseason, however, was punctuated by an arrest on charges of disorderly contact and assault in an incident involving his pregnant ex-girlfriend. Prosecutors dropped the charges.
•LB Anthony Barr, Sr., UCLA: He recorded 131/2 sacks, good for eighth in the nation, and had 21 1/2 tackles for loss.
For what it is worth, I could give you a few media outlets that have USC finishing first in the Pac12 South.

“I LOST A BET, SO I HAD TO GROW”

Since: Aug 09

THIS MUSTACHE. HAHA (WEIRDO)

#21647 Aug 21, 2013
So what else is new?? USC again committing violations. Why doesn't the NCAA just hand over these cheaters the death penalty?? this time using Snoop Dogg to influence Silas Redd to become a trOJan...unFREAKing believable!!!
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/db4ab...

What a SCumbag of a school!!!!

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#21648 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>since that newspaper, Rick is gone and so is Pete. Rick is not here, but he left some great recruits behind him, among them, a freshman QB that broke almost every UCLA one seasonrecord, and he also left another record breaking RB in Jonathan Franklin. Unlike Jim Mora, Rick Neuheisal had to literally rebuild the program from scratch. And you being a USC fan that thinks logically - sometimes, knows how difficult it is to win in the conference even when you have "one hand tired behind your back" as the moron Trojan likes to post on here making excuses for USC. whether you care to admit it or not - really makes no difference or not, but "the monopoly IS OVER" Rick may be gone but the job has Beeb completed.
Go Bruins!!!
UCLA's only 1 of 3 schools to appear in post season play in all 3 major sports last year (usc only in 1)
UCLA,
2-time defending PAC-12 Footbsll South-Champions!!!
UCLA, Defending Pac-12 Basketball Champions
UCLA Defending Pac-12 Baseball Champion
UCLA Defending Baseball CWS Champions.
UCLA, 109 National Championships
UCLA,#13 ranked University in the world. www.worlduniversity rankings.com
UCLA - Champions Made Here.((((((BOOM))))))
Rob, Rob, Rob…BN likes to try and label me the Spinmaster, but I believe he should re-think calling you the TILTMASTER…HaHa

Like on every commercial that rapidly lists the small, fine print side-effects or disclaimers, I felt it my duty to warn the public of exactly that with regards to your (B)ruin propaganda. Unfortunately for you because of the font limits of Topix the FINEPRINT is in caps and equally as large (and deflating) as your (B)ruin hype:

Go Bruins = IF THAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER, GO FOR IT
UCLA's only 1 of 3 schools to appear in post season play in all 3 major sports last year (usc only in 1)
UCLA,
2-time defending PAC-12 Footbsll South-Champions = WINNER ONLY LAST SEASON. THE PREVIOUS SEASON THEY WERE THE PAC 12 SOUTH REPRESENTATIVE BECAUSE USC WHO HAD A BETTER RECORD AND BEAT THEM HEAD-TO-HEAD 50-0 WAS ON PROBATION (HaHa)
UCLA, Defending Pac-12 Basketball Champions = AND THE OTHER THREE PAC 12 TEAMS WHO MADE THE NCAA TOURNAMENT WON THEIR FIRST ROUND GAMES, UCLA LOST, THE ONLY PAC 12 TEAM TO DO SO (GOOD REPRESENTATION CHAMPS - HaHa)
UCLA Defending Pac-12 Baseball Champion = INCORRECT STATEMENT!!! OREGON STATE WON THE PAC 12 WITH A 45-10 RECORD (HaHa)
UCLA Defending Baseball CWS Champions = I WILL GIVE YOU THAT, BUT YOUR TEAMS PLAY WAS SO BORING THAT FILIAS GIRLFRIEND WAS THE MOST EXCITING PART OF THE WHOLE OMAHA SERIES.
UCLA, 109 National Championships = IN THE TWO ALL IMPORTANT REVENUE SPORTS (FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL) ONLY 1 FROM THE 1950s IN FOOTBALL AND YOU HAVE NOT WON A BASKETBALL (YOUR SO-CALLED BREAD AND BUTTER) IN ALMOST 20 YEARS, WHICH LIKE YOU SAY (ALL THAT HOOPLA AND BASKETBALL MYSTIQUE) IS IN THE PAST (LONG GONE PAST – HaHa)

UCLA - Champions Made Here = INTERNAL.((((((KABOOM))))))

“I LOST A BET, SO I HAD TO GROW”

Since: Aug 09

THIS MUSTACHE. HAHA (WEIRDO)

#21649 Aug 21, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Rob, Rob, Rob…BN likes to try and label me the Spinmaster, but I believe he should re-think calling you the TILTMASTER…HaHa
Like on every commercial that rapidly lists the small, fine print side-effects or disclaimers, I felt it my duty to warn the public of exactly that with regards to your (B)ruin propaganda. Unfortunately for you because of the font limits of Topix the FINEPRINT is in caps and equally as large (and deflating) as your (B)ruin hype:
Go Bruins = IF THAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER, GO FOR IT
UCLA,
2-time defending PAC-12 Footbsll South-Champions = WINNER ONLY LAST SEASON. THE PREVIOUS SEASON THEY WERE THE PAC 12 SOUTH REPRESENTATIVE BECAUSE USC WHO HAD A BETTER RECORD AND BEAT THEM HEAD-TO-HEAD 50-0 WAS ON PROBATION (HaHa)
UCLA, Defending Pac-12 Basketball Champions = AND THE OTHER THREE PAC 12 TEAMS WHO MADE THE NCAA TOURNAMENT WON THEIR FIRST ROUND GAMES, UCLA LOST, THE ONLY PAC 12 TEAM TO DO SO (GOOD REPRESENTATION CHAMPS - HaHa)
UCLA Defending Pac-12 Baseball Champion = INCORRECT STATEMENT!!! OREGON STATE WON THE PAC 12 WITH A 45-10 RECORD (HaHa)
UCLA Defending Baseball CWS Champions = I WILL GIVE YOU THAT, BUT YOUR TEAMS PLAY WAS SO BORING THAT FILIAS GIRLFRIEND WAS THE MOST EXCITING PART OF THE WHOLE OMAHA SERIES.
UCLA, 109 National Championships = IN THE TWO ALL IMPORTANT REVENUE SPORTS (FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL) ONLY 1 FROM THE 1950s IN FOOTBALL AND YOU HAVE NOT WON A BASKETBALL (YOUR SO-CALLED BREAD AND BUTTER) IN ALMOST 20 YEARS, WHICH LIKE YOU SAY (ALL THAT HOOPLA AND BASKETBALL MYSTIQUE) IS IN THE PAST (LONG GONE PAST – HaHa)
UCLA - Champions Made Here = INTERNAL.((((((KABOOM))))))
1. It doesn't matter how YOU try to spin it, UCLA is recognized as the PAC-12 South champion, unless of course you can show me the trophy at the usc campus, because UCLA has it right now...NICE TRY!!! thank you for playing!!

2. It doesn't matter how our basketball team did in the tournament, UCLA still remains the PAC-12 champion...unless of course there is a new rule stipulating "unless the team advances further then the other teams, the title will be strippled"

3. Baseball, that's fine, I will take the CWS Champions over PAC-12 Champions...

4. UCLA still appeared in all post season tournamets/post season play in all three major spots, USC??? no only in ONE, and they embarrassed the crap out of our PAC-12 conference getting blwon out by Georgia Tech then having RIOT in the Locker room when the freshmen called out Barkley for being WUSS!!!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#21650 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
So what else is new?? USC again committing violations. Why doesn't the NCAA just hand over these cheaters the death penalty?? this time using Snoop Dogg to influence Silas Redd to become a trOJan...unFREAKing believable!!!
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/db4ab...
What a SCumbag of a school!!!!
Interesting. It's my understanding of NCAA rules the Coach is not supposed to pick folks up from the airport. Gonna check with my friend Jenny who works for the NCAA in Indy. They usually send for them by cab or friends and family brings a kid to campus. Did Lame just out himself?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#21651 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It doesn't matter how YOU try to spin it, UCLA is recognized as the PAC-12 South champion, unless of course you can show me the trophy at the usc campus, because UCLA has it right now...NICE TRY!!! thank you for playing!!
2. It doesn't matter how our basketball team did in the tournament, UCLA still remains the PAC-12 champion...unless of course there is a new rule stipulating "unless the team advances further then the other teams, the title will be strippled"
3. Baseball, that's fine, I will take the CWS Champions over PAC-12 Champions...
4. UCLA still appeared in all post season tournamets/post season play in all three major spots, USC??? no only in ONE, and they embarrassed the crap out of our PAC-12 conference getting blwon out by Georgia Tech then having RIOT in the Locker room when the freshmen called out Barkley for being WUSS!!!
Oh my Lifer, let's not get too angry here! It seems you may have to lay low from conversing with USC fans as they are making your Baby Blue Bruin blood boil :/

As for the rest of us Bruins, yes quite frankly, it did matter that our Bruins lost immediately in the NCAA basketball tournament :(

The day that those go-go-Gophers beat our Bruins by 20 points no less, I sensed our fearless basketball leader Coach Johnny turning in his grave :/

As far as those embarrassing post season games, please let's not go there. Baylor said they were the only "real" Bears in the stadium that day and boy they made us Bruins look like cubs :(

Go Bruins! At least we have baseball!

West Hollywood, CA

#21652 Aug 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. It's my understanding of NCAA rules the Coach is not supposed to pick folks up from the airport. Gonna check with my friend Jenny who works for the NCAA in Indy. They usually send for them by cab or friends and family brings a kid to campus. Did Lame just out himself?
Oh my Miss Wolfie, you know so many friends in high places that I feel honored to be a Topix tag-along with you ;)

BTW, do you think your friend Jenny could spring me tickets (two, Jonathan and me) for the Circus De Soleil in Indianapolis? I hear it is a marvelous show back there ;)

Go Bruins, Go Warriors, Go Jenny!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#21653 Aug 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame, is the perfect name for Lame. I hope he remains the coach at USC for ever...but knowing U of SCum they will offer Jim Mora $10million yr. to switch schools, and of course Jim Mora will tell U of SCum to shove their 5 X the salary paid by UCLA, just like John Savage told U of SCum "I'll keep my $360,000 yr. at UCLA, I don't want your 1.3 million yr. of dirty $$$" LMAO I love it!!!!!! thank you John Savage!!! you see, CT or trOJan, or Mike Garrett, contrary to what you believe, very few want to be trOJans. ROTFFLMFAOL!!!!!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#21654 Aug 21, 2013
Can someone tell PPPryck, I have never read one, NOT EVEN ONE of his posts? what a waste of a human being...PPPryck, stop wasting your time and our valuable oxygen.

West Hollywood, CA

#21656 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Can someone tell PPPryck, I have never read one, NOT EVEN ONE of his posts? what a waste of a human being...PPPryck, stop wasting your time and our valuable oxygen.
Oh my goodness Lifer, it is for that reason that we all continue to be very concerned for you mental state and anger issues :/

If you won't listen to your fellow Bruins, we may just have to banish you to the cornfield in the Rose Bowl parking lot :(

Despite the irreversible damage of Lifer's comments, Go Bruins!
Ooo

Brisbane, Australia

#21657 Aug 21, 2013
OOo

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#21658 Aug 21, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my Miss Wolfie, you know so many friends in high places that I feel honored to be a Topix tag-along with you ;)
BTW, do you think your friend Jenny could spring me tickets (two, Jonathan and me) for the Circus De Soleil in Indianapolis? I hear it is a marvelous show back there ;)
Go Bruins, Go Warriors, Go Jenny!
NO!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#21659 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Lame, is the perfect name for Lame. I hope he remains the coach at USC for ever...but knowing U of SCum they will offer Jim Mora $10million yr. to switch schools, and of course Jim Mora will tell U of SCum to shove their 5 X the salary paid by UCLA, just like John Savage told U of SCum "I'll keep my $360,000 yr. at UCLA, I don't want your 1.3 million yr. of dirty $$$" LMAO I love it!!!!!! thank you John Savage!!! you see, CT or trOJan, or Mike Garrett, contrary to what you believe, very few want to be trOJans. ROTFFLMFAOL!!!!!
Hiring Lame Kiffen was Mike Garrett's last FU to USC.

I don't think Mora would leave. it's about pride! I think he loves the college level of Coaching.

Did you see Marquis Lee hurt again today? I'm telling you the shoulder injury is the worst. And I don't think Tibone will be shooting him up everyday. Let me say this, I bet he has a slap tear. They are very hard to find. Rarely shows up on CAT or MRI scans. You are good two or three days with the shot. Then it hurts like a mother.
Bruin For Life

United States

#21660 Aug 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiring Lame Kiffen was Mike Garrett's last FU to USC.
I don't think Mora would leave. it's about pride! I think he loves the college level of Coaching.
Did you see Marquis Lee hurt again today? I'm telling you the shoulder injury is the worst. And I don't think Tibone will be shooting him up everyday. Let me say this, I bet he has a slap tear. They are very hard to find. Rarely shows up on CAT or MRI scans. You are good two or three days with the shot. Then it hurts like a mother.
yeah I know but according to some idiot on here he claim s u don't know what you're talking about. He was obviously rushed back. If he was ready for action he would have not re injured it again. imagine when he gets popped 10 times a game? Nit including the timeshe has to lay a block?

West Hollywood, CA

#21661 Aug 21, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!
Miss Wolfie, can't talk now, gotta run! I need to read up on the multiple alternative uniforms the Lakers will be wearing next season, along with each and every NBA team playing on Christmas Day :)

I had better get on this to make sure my Bruins keep up with the latest craze in attire ;)

Go Bruins! I just love when sports and fashion collide!

West Hollywood, CA

#21662 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>yeah I know but according to some idiot on here he claim s u don't know what you're talking about. He was obviously rushed back. If he was ready for action he would have not re injured it again. imagine when he gets popped 10 times a game? Nit including the timeshe has to lay a block?
Lifer I think you need to take a "time out" young fella :/

Go Bruins! Let's behave or there may be no dinner!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#21663 Aug 21, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>yeah I know but according to some idiot on here he claim s u don't know what you're talking about. He was obviously rushed back. If he was ready for action he would have not re injured it again. imagine when he gets popped 10 times a game? Nit including the timeshe has to lay a block?
I've had that shoulder surgery done by Tibone. Once you have a slap tear and I think he might have that, you are never the same. You can't keep getting those shots. As you know what happened in that lawsuit that's still going on.

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#21664 Aug 21, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Lifer I think you need to take a "time out" young fella :/
Go Bruins! Let's behave or there may be no dinner!
I think you need to mind your bees wax!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#21665 Aug 21, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiot has proven at least 3 dozen times he's too stupid to understand the concept of being the runner-up/representative. Simple math (numbers) are too difficult for him to comprehend.

Only a complete idiot would claim having won something after getting their asses handed to them 50-0. So, there you have it! He's an idiot and simply too stupid to grasp it. Gotta feel kind of sorry for him.

Not one Bruin I know in the real world claims to be the 2 time defending champs. But an idiot who has no affiliation with the school? Yeah. ROTFLMAO!!!

West Hollywood, CA

#21666 Aug 22, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to mind your bees wax!
Oh yes so true! Apply Burt's brand Bees Wax before bed, great for the complexion ;)

Go Bruins, Go Warriors! Go Miss Wolfie for helpful health tips!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min TSM 1,223,891
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min State the Obvious 309,750
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 238,356
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web