Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318403 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326715 Sep 26, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Selfish people cause many to starve,not God. Stop blaming God for the actions or lack of actions of others. People needlessly suffer.
Euthansia is your answer to ending the worlds sufferings? You're a proabort. Why am I not surprised?
*sigh*
I never said God caused starvation, I said God could end it if he/she so chooses to. No euthanasia is not the answer, I answered a question and answered it honestly, and with what seemed logical to me. It would just as difficult for me to watch a child die of starvation as it would to end it's suffering. Are you saying it would be easy for you to watch a child die slowly? Don't put words in my mouth because I can do the same to you and make you appear to be just as despicable a human being as you think I am.

Location hidden

#326716 Sep 26, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,my morals and values are INDEED molded by God. I have a mind of my own though. I have a free will to CHOOSE to follow my God,or not.
I have put much thought and study into it. I CHOOSE to follow my creator. It is the best decision in the world. I don't EVER regret it either :)
So you follow God and spew hatred and intolerance. How is what you do any different than denying someone food until they are starved? Let's see if you can grasp that logic.
Life is Love

Allentown, PA

#326717 Sep 26, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an Obi Wan or a Princess Leah? For something to be unnatural it has to be the opposite in nature. There is nothing in nature that says women should want to be mothers. If that were a fact, then natural abortifacients would be unnatural but yet the earth provides them.
What is natural is debatable, but that's it. Heterosexual sex is natural for me, whereas sex with another woman would be unnatural for me. But if sex with another man is natural to a man then sex with a woman for that man is unnatural. Reproduction is not the only purpose of sex and nature does not say it is because there are many species of animals that have same sex mating and bonding and sex for pleasure and not procreation.
Your words betray your ignorance and immaturity. It also revels a basic selfishness. One cannot decide something is in line with the energy of the earth because it suits their personal objectives. You speak of what you like, what I like, all irrelevant. The law of nature is what's at work. By taking actions designed to interfere with the earth energy you are in conflict with nature.

You insults and word games are no more illuminating than Peters. I can provide you with helpful information on living in the earths energy, if you are interested. Educating yourself to the reality of nature and your part of the energy orb would be calming to your senses.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326718 Sep 27, 2014
Great...now prove ANY of this crap.

I'm hardly confused; I know the FACTS and you're mired in your delusions. There is no such thing as "unnatural energy"...all energy comes from nature. And since energy cannot be created or destroyed, there is no "new energy" during a pregnancy. Nature is not sentient and cannot decide anything. Humans are not captive to the hims of "nature".

BTW--I'm an atheist because I've studied most of the planets religions, including animus/naturist/shamanistic ones. It's not giving up; it's realization that superstitious pablum is based on nothing but wish-fulfillment and fear.
Life is Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry you have much difficulty the nature of life and the You are not alone many people are confused and resort to various religions or just give up and call themselves atheists.
You don't understand your condition because you believe it to be normal. This is why psychotics do not know they are psychotic. You are in unnatural energy and as such do not see the reality of your situation.
However, to the point at hand, abortion is unnatural as it is a new life force on the earth. Nature decides if the life force goes on or is re-absorbed. To destroy the new life is against the laws of nature and the energy of the earth. I can refer you to some references to broaden and expand your understanding of these things,if you are interested.

Indianapolis

#326719 Sep 27, 2014
Rehab is a nice idea, but worthless until/unless the person WANTS to quit using. All the therapy/intervention/detox in the world is meaningless if it's forced on them. So yes, definitelyu, if we can't get them off the drugs, we can at least help them avoid HIV, hepatitis, and other communicable illnesses.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
So,you believe that we should offer kids in schools clean needles? After all,Heroin is a HUGE concern here(especially where I am from).
Of course I care about those who make bad choices. Drugs are destructive. They kill. They hurt families. They destroy our youth. There seems to be an underlying issue here concerning this epidemic more than just a typical kid being tempted to try "drugs,alcohol or cigarettes". These kids seem to be masking deep pain. It is MORE about saying "no". It takes,IMO,more digging into the core of these kids and their feelings of being not loved or lost.

Indianapolis

#326720 Sep 27, 2014
If they pose a risk to my health or life, I have every right to terminate them.

Abortion is terminating the woman's pregnancy; the fetus is just a byproduct of that process. Pregnancy CAN result from sex, but it's hardly a certainty. And you have no clue what "invited" means whatsoever.

I'm not desperate at all; I'm not the one trying to interfere with other peoples' lives. That's your sick, PLM-zombie goal.

Shhh.... Do you hear that? It's the sound of a thousand Hoovers liberating a thousand women from unwanted pregnancies! And all your whining hasn't prevented ONE of them.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
That person may "leave immediately" but will still be alive.
Abortion is killing a womans developing child. Sex leads to pregnancy. As long as the woman has a uterus,and the man deposits his sperm,then it is invited. NOBODY injected a human into the womans uterus. She participated in the procreation of her child/offspring,as did the male who fathered the child.
You say the silliest things sometimes when you get desperate, Peter.

Indianapolis

#326721 Sep 27, 2014
Oh, sassy, who gives a royal fu** what impresses you? Still believing in the deadbeat jewish zombie and his psychotic daddy?

Things are either deliberate or accidental, regardless of how "natural" they are. Is skin cancer deliberate because you go out in the sunlight?

" women who hold their child hostage in the womb" would be women who DON'T abort, idiot.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Peter,you try so desperately to use your shock tactics. Nobody is impressed with them. Sorry.
But no,pregnancy is not "accidental". It is in fact,natural. Life process? It is no mistake buddy boy. Stop being so degrading and anti-woman when you accuse women of creating and carrying "mistakes".
A woman may not want to mother her child. That happens. She should give her child up for adoption. Killing anothers life that exists,is wrong. Inside the womb or outside the womb. Susan Smiths of the world or the women who hold their child hostage in the womb,are all alike. They kill their unwanted existing child.
Don't want a child,don't conceive one. Killing your child because YOU don't want them will never be justified. EVER.

Indianapolis

#326722 Sep 27, 2014
It's not the 50's anymore, christsucker.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very ignorant. FYI,most young girls will abort because they feel alone,abandoned, confused about their future,the timing of this childs existence in their life, and scared. It is their CIRCUMSTANCES surrounding their pregnancy,not their feelings about their existing child growing in their womb. Educate yourself old timer.

Indianapolis

#326723 Sep 27, 2014
Prodeath? Just keep that PLM propaganda coming!

Andrea Yates sure as hell considered herself "pro-life"
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
So ALL the women who kill their newborns or older children were prolife? Was Susan Smith prolife?
Think HARD about this Peter. They are prodeath...whether before or after birth. They simply CAN'T be prolife therefore.
Your post^^^is a lie.
pro-death.pro-abortion.killing .get it?????

Indianapolis

#326724 Sep 27, 2014
I rarely watch televised news; print media is far more accurate and less biased. Ever tried reading?

I make quite a comfortable living, thanks Go back to using peanut butter to entice your chihuahua to pleasure you. You're awfully tense.
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text>Can't afford cable? I did a quick research and you have been on this forum/thread for how many years? You are the childish one. Grow up and get a job, I am tired of paying for your food, housing and health care.

Location hidden

#326727 Sep 27, 2014
Life is Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words betray your ignorance and immaturity. It also revels a basic selfishness. One cannot decide something is in line with the energy of the earth because it suits their personal objectives. You speak of what you like, what I like, all irrelevant. The law of nature is what's at work. By taking actions designed to interfere with the earth energy you are in conflict with nature.
You insults and word games are no more illuminating than Peters. I can provide you with helpful information on living in the earths energy, if you are interested. Educating yourself to the reality of nature and your part of the energy orb would be calming to your senses.
My words betray ignorance and immaturity? That makes no sense whatsoever. Your words prove you are a fruitcake from a planet not discovered yet and "other" intelligent lifeforms really do not exist. Yeah I've been trying to tell you "one cannot decide something is in line with the energy of the earth". Not even the great scholars and philosophers could agree. You are just a wannabe.

Location hidden

#326728 Sep 27, 2014
<quoted text>
No one believes you. Topix used to be real popular, the abortion form was always hoppin'.Now it's not. You are a real has been.
Guess that proves his dedication to his beliefs.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#326729 Sep 27, 2014
<quoted text>
No one believes you. Topix used to be real popular, the abortion form was always hoppin'.Now it's not. You are a real has been.
Knitter! How many profiles have you created? Still, it's good to know that you are still around, spreading the word of the Lord and loving your neighbors.

“Make time ”

for contemplation

#326730 Sep 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Great...now prove ANY of this crap.
I'm hardly confused; I know the FACTS and you're mired in your delusions. There is no such thing as "unnatural energy"...all energy comes from nature. And since energy cannot be created or destroyed, there is no "new energy" during a pregnancy. Nature is not sentient and cannot decide anything. Humans are not captive to the hims of "nature".
BTW--I'm an atheist because I've studied most of the planets religions, including animus/naturist/shamanistic ones. It's not giving up; it's realization that superstitious pablum is based on nothing but wish-fulfillment and fear.
<quoted text>
Peter, perhaps there is a God gene. I've noticed that Christian Soldiers cannot wrap their minds around the concept of atheism. They often resort to tossing out the "burn in eternal damnation threat" which is meaningless to the recipient.(Sometimes amusing, but hardly cause for alarm.)
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#326731 Sep 27, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter, perhaps there is a God gene. I've noticed that Christian Soldiers cannot wrap their minds around the concept of atheism. They often resort to tossing out the "burn in eternal damnation threat" which is meaningless to the recipient.(Sometimes amusing, but hardly cause for alarm.)
Hay Aged, How have you been? I check in here from time to time but most of the old crowd isn't around much.

Indianapolis

#326732 Sep 27, 2014
You mean you don't believe me, in which case you should have used "nobody", not "no one", since you are clearly nobody.
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#326733 Sep 27, 2014
Well, it's a grand little fantasy world you live in. Tell you what...get yourself knocked up and then carry to term. Because until you can and do, you don't have a say in abortion, and even then, you only have a say in your own.

Here in Realityville, women don't equate themselves with being baby machines.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion has absolutely nothing to do with Health Care. To suggest that it
Abortion is a vile, hate filled, worthless Woman murdering her child because she hates her child.
Abortion is Evil.

Indianapolis

#326734 Sep 27, 2014
There has been some research on that, and there may be a genetic proclivity for a need to believe. It's not a hard fact, but there may be more to it than just wishing and hoping. But it's still not a license to push others around.
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>

“Make time ”

for contemplation

#326735 Sep 27, 2014
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hay Aged, How have you been? I check in here from time to time but most of the old crowd isn't around much.
Howdy Sue! Please feel free to call me Junket. JM likes to bring up my former sign-in, but I believe that darling woman is taunting me.

I recently referenced you being one of the mia. Not much of any crowd these days, let alone old.

I'm tickety-boo and hope the same is true for you.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#326736 Sep 27, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy Sue! Please feel free to call me Junket. JM likes to bring up my former sign-in, but I believe that darling woman is taunting me.
I recently referenced you being one of the mia. Not much of any crowd these days, let alone old.
I'm tickety-boo and hope the same is true for you.
LOL, so you were thinking of me were you??? I kinda miss the old crowd, some of them anyway. We had some lively discussions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min old_moose 1,621,594
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 42 min Trojan 34,486
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr No fun 11,654
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web