Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311633 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326531 Sep 17, 2014
Nobody gives a flying fu** what you think of their sex lives or morality. Mind your own goddamned business.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so tired of hearing about "poor women" who get pregnant when the can't afford a baby. It is the very same cry from the middle class as well. They can have sex while not married and not give a damn about the consequences of their actions until the get pregnant. If they arr married and can't afford children, then don't have sex when fertile. IOW, use your brains ladies. I know,...IMAGINE that?!?!
Selfish slobs will continue to get pregnant because they CAN kill their developing unwanted child.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326532 Sep 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yeah, funny how medical treatment works, huh?
<quoted text>
Pay attention please. This woman was NOT allowed to self-abort. That's what we are talking about dear.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326533 Sep 17, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, abortion happens whether legal or not. So do MOST crimes, dont they?!. Why dont we just legalize all crimes against humanity then IF they are gonna happen anyway?
What is your and the rest of those who claim to be pro-choice, problem with a woman killing her own child WHENEVER she wants, HOWEVER she wants? Most of you agree with restricting her so called choices. So, yeah, dont preach to me when you are as anti-choice as i am.
I asked you what your problem was keeping it legal and you can't answer that? I support the U.S Constitution as it stands. It's between a woman and her doctor in the first trimester. I support the individual state level restrictions as long as they are not unconstitutional.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326534 Sep 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The fetus is there without expressed permission, just as if I leave a door unlocked and someone trots in. I can indeed remove them with whatever force becomes necessary. What happens to them after being removed from the premises isn't my concern.
<quoted text>
Again,...you simply can't go around killing whom you don't want around. If you invite a friend over and he brings his friend, you can't just kill because you didn't invite them in.

Stop acting like a violent barbarian .

Indianapolis

#326535 Sep 17, 2014
Oh, now it's bullying? You PLM zombies love to rape the language, finding new, sensationalistic, and totally irrelevant words to write your purple prose against a medical procedure you happen to disapprove of. Controlling women just because they happen to get pregnant isn't about love at all. Your posts show over and over again that it's all about punishing women for having sex under any circumstances that meet your standards.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking the truth seems to unravel your kind, huh? Defending another life IS about life and,....love. Interesting that you found that posters words -"crap" instead of wisdom especially when you support killing an innocent human due their size and location. Its bullying.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326536 Sep 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nobody gives a flying fu** what you think of their sex lives or morality. Mind your own goddamned business.
<quoted text>
Then stop whinning about how you just HAVE to kill your unwanted child.

When you people stop your crimes against the innocents, then you will have succeeded in silencing me.

Abortion is not birth control.

oh and bt dubbs, your proabort friends are anti-choice like me (after viability)

Location hidden

#326537 Sep 17, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
NO SEX=NO PREGNANCY
Sex,...the number one cause of pregnancy
Educate yourself on how your body works. It is not that difficult. MANY do it.
Abortion is used as birth control. Millions abortions EVERY year in this country alone. Don't even try to sit here and excuse immature, irresponsible behavior.
YOu can't expect married couples in low, middle, or high incomes not to have sex. The calendar method is not a recommended form of birth control by any medical professional I know. Yet here you are advocating it be used if you are going to have sex and don't want to get pregnant. SMH. It obviously didn't work for your parents.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326538 Sep 17, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>I support no such thing. There was no love in that post and if I were seeking advice while considering what the right thing would be to do I certainly wouldn't be asking you. Consider that.
Of course you wouldn't. I speak the raw truth and you don't want to hear it in case you decide to kill your child instead of giving it up OR preventing pregnancy.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326539 Sep 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Oh, now it's bullying? You PLM zombies love to rape the language, finding new, sensationalistic, and totally irrelevant words to write your purple prose against a medical procedure you happen to disapprove of. Controlling women just because they happen to get pregnant isn't about love at all. Your posts show over and over again that it's all about punishing women for having sex under any circumstances that meet your standards.
<quoted text>
Hon, i have no interest in your or anyones elses sex life anymore than i care about your drinking/drug use. However, when another is killed by someone elses "irresponsible decisions" then it becomes everyones issue
Mandy

Custer, SD

#326540 Sep 17, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you wouldn't. I speak the raw truth and you don't want to hear it in case you decide to kill your child instead of giving it up OR preventing pregnancy.
You seem bound and determined to force your moral beliefs on others. No one is forcing you to use birth control or have an abortion or to not use birth control and not have an abortion.

I'm curious as to:
#1. How many unwanted kids have you adopted?
#2. How much money and time have you given to help a single mother - raise her kids and help her support herself?
#3. How much money have you donated to an orphanage?
#4. How much money have you donated to the poor?
Let me have my freedom to make my own choices. Individual freedom is the distance between those wanting to impose their Theocracy and what Government & laws is actually necessary.
Although I am against most abortions & would impose strict time limits and eliminate all late term abortions, I fully respect the rights of others within these parameters. If one does not believe in abortions under any case or circumstances then don't have one. I will not force you to but quit trying to impose your views on me through big government laws if I feel otherwise.
The Constitution and Bill of Rights are supposed to protect my individual rights against your religious beliefs, even if you feel you are of the majority religious faith. I am not interested in living under your religious views. Keep your religious beliefs in your Church and individual life. This Country is not a Theocracy built around your religion and your beliefs.
The real issue at stake here is not abortion. The issue is individual freedom and individual rights to whether women can make up their own mind instead of some right-wing pastor, some self-righteous person, and some right-wing politician for political purposes telling them what they can do. It is an individual freedom issue given to each individual under the Constitution of the USA and the Bill of Rights.
Individual Freedom is at stake when a loud vocal group based on their moral and religious beliefs can impose their standards on someone else through big government laws. It makes no difference how religiously righteous they believe in their cause. This country is not religious Theocracy of their religious beliefs but a country of freedom built around individual rights and individual freedom. I for one am not interested in living under your set of religious views any more that you are of mine.
"What is freedom? Freedom is the right to choose: the right to create for yourself the alternatives of choice. Without the possibility of choice and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument, a thing."
Freedom is the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint, and the absence of a despotic government or religion.
Freedom as the right to do as you wish as long as it does not interfere with the equal rights of others. All rights come so wrapped in a society.
Freedom starts with a principle of self-ownership. In a free society, each and every person has legal control (or "by birth ownership") of their own body and mind. As such, I should be free to do as I wish if it does not affect you.
Freedom obviously cannot include the legal right to limit other people's freedom because that would be illogical.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326541 Sep 17, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Life.
Great. Now we're getting somewhere.

Life decides that an egg is fertilized, and Life decides it will be terminated. That decision (by Life) will be cognitive (induced) or not (spontaneous). It's all just Life, after all, and who can argue with Life?

Indianapolis

#326542 Sep 17, 2014
How is advocating women's CHOICE imposing my beliefs on others? It's a woman's constitutional right to make her own medical decisions. Whether "the developing" are left alone depends on the decision of those that have to gestate them.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when intolerant homosexuals , who force their beliefs on others lives (abortion) show their true colors after crying that THEY are discriminated against. Not YOUR life then mind your own business and leave the developing alone.

Indianapolis

#326543 Sep 17, 2014
Your self-loathing must be incalculable.

Women of all (child-bearing ages abort, for a variety of reasons. Your insistence that it's always empty-headed girls who are "used" borders on the fetishistic.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
A young girl woman who USUALLY is dumped (after being used) seeks a quick way out offered by a money making business who preys on the vulnerable and scared . Helping her out ,...caring about her and her well being AND her child makes nobodys pocket any the fuller.
I despise anti-women people.

Indianapolis

#326544 Sep 17, 2014
The problem here was using prescription meds without a prescription. Nobody's been arrested yet for using a knitting needle or upping their prescribed BC pills--though that's not a safe way to do it.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention please. This woman was NOT allowed to self-abort. That's what we are talking about dear.

Indianapolis

#326545 Sep 17, 2014
I can deny them entrance, or I can make them leave. If there's a Class 5 tornado out there, too frigging bad. The fetus has no rights--not to gestation or to the woman's bodily resources.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Again,...you simply can't go around killing whom you don't want around. If you invite a friend over and he brings his friend, you can't just kill because you didn't invite them in.
Stop acting like a violent barbarian .

Location hidden

#326546 Sep 17, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak no truth. You speak hatred and intolerance. The only pregnancy I've had was a live birth and that is because I chose it. I let no one pressure me either way. If the world were only occupied by people like you, I may have chosen differently. Consider that.

Location hidden

#326547 Sep 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The problem here was using prescription meds without a prescription. Nobody's been arrested yet for using a knitting needle or upping their prescribed BC pills--though that's not a safe way to do it.
<quoted text>
Shit just goes right over her head doesn't it?

Indianapolis

#326548 Sep 17, 2014
Chuckles, all I'm doing is fighting for the woman to retain the right to CHOICE.

"Crimes against the innocents"...jesus fu**ing christ, can you be more melodramatic?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop whinning about how you just HAVE to kill your unwanted child.
When you people stop your crimes against the innocents, then you will have succeeded in silencing me.
Abortion is not birth control.
oh and bt dubbs, your proabort friends are anti-choice like me (after viability)

Indianapolis

#326549 Sep 17, 2014
No, nothing that happens within someone else's body is NONE of your business.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, i have no interest in your or anyones elses sex life anymore than i care about your drinking/drug use. However, when another is killed by someone elses "irresponsible decisions" then it becomes everyones issue

Indianapolis

#326550 Sep 17, 2014
She's like a house 6 blocks away from an airport. Overhead traffic must be constant.
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit just goes right over her head doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RealDave 1,421,435
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 min Trojan 32,341
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 256,648
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr RiccardoFire 201,890
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 10,070
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web