Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,687
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326049 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support a womans choice to electively abort up until the 9th month,..the day when labor
starts even? Yes or no?
No, virtually no people do.
Sassyjm wrote:
If you answer yes,then you are pro-choice.
If you answer no,then you are anti-choice.
Your personal definitions are neither interesting nor relevant to the debate.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326050 Jul 28, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question about the 4 forms of BC from the Hobby Lobby case. How do they cause abortions?
IUD's cause early abortions as do the birth control pill. Women STILL can conceive the offspring child while using birth control methods. These contraceptives will destroy the fertilized egg(aka new unique life of your child). Are you aware that even clomid(which is used to help a woman get pregnant)can cause abortions because it thins the lining of the uterus causing miscarriage?

Do some research. To be honest with you,I am shocked at the ignorance displayed on these forums by such grown women. Educate yourselves ladies. Sheesh.

Location hidden

#326051 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
Again,MORE THAN HALF of abortion performed where done on woman using birth control. The REST were done on those who didn't use birth control at all.
You think this is a meaningful statistic, but it's not. The fact of the matter is, if fewer people used contraception, there would be more unwanted pregnancies, and thus more abortions.
Sassyjm wrote:
While *I* oppose "artificial birth control",MANY don't,so how are my beliefs that you consider "irrational",leading to more abortions?
Because you likely support political candidates and policies which are also anti-contraception.
Sassyjm wrote:
Do you agree with restrictions on pregnant women up until the 9th month like MOST of your proabortion friends do? If so,then YOU are just as guilty of 'keeping women down' as you just accused me of.
Freedoms can be restricted when there is good reason to do so. I feel there is good reason to prohibit later-term abortions, but no good reason to prohibit early-term abortions.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326052 Jul 28, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you can think what you want about me. Your opinion of me doesn't really matter (but I will take out the time, and give you a response)
After 14 or so weeks - max 16, that ship has sailed to get an elective abortion (that's my opinion) and after that, unless there is a medical concern regarding the pregnancy/woman, my opinion is too bad, maybe next time you can make the cut off date. So to answer your question, I support elective abortions until 14 weeks. There, there ya go. Run with that. Is it gray? Yup. Sorry.
If my opinion has you thinking I'm a coward, then I'm a coward. okay.
But seriously, out of most the people here, my opinion means squat. I can't do anything about your laws, I can't vote for anyone regarding this issue. You can change my opinion, and lets say you do... so what? The PC are already in power here, and they're Canada's best chance at changing the laws regarding abortion, but you know what? That's never gonna happen. Not in the near future anyways.... The Canadian Health Care pays for ALL abortions, regardless how long the woman has been pregnant (including LTA)
Talking both sides of the mouth? Sure, if that's what my opinion is, then again, okay.
And yup, I think they're a loony if aborting a baby in the 8th month just because, and they're okay with that... total loony. Just the same as I think a person trying to stand in the way of a woman getting an abortion or abortion pill is a loony when it's done shorty after they find out the news that they are pregnant.... total loony. So what?
I never said that you're not entitled to you opinion. We are discussing life or death for another humans life here,so this is where one musn't get to wishy-washy Rachel. I've heard women who have aborted tell us that one abortion is acceptable but more than that is looney and that they need pyscho help. I mean,COME ON,ya know? All these gray areas regarding anothers life as "if"we had the right to decide someone elses fate based on our opinions of their life. Killing another humans life in the first trimester is no different than waiting till month 8 in the womb or out of the womb. Holy crap,this kind of irrational thinking is barbaric.

What I expect from someone like you is to not call someone out for speaking THEIR opinions and doing morally what they need to say and do to help save a life,if YOU think that you have a right to speak yours so openly(as you even did regarding calling anti-vaxxers morons).

One minute your pro-womans choice-which equates to F the baby,to F the mothers choice and protect the baby. You people convince yourselves that YOUR opinion is acceptable but sit here day after day calling me out for saying what I want. THIS is the problem here.

Again,this is not about MY opinion or YOUR opinions(that change as you decide),it is about anothers life. Who are you to say that women SHOULD have their rights/privacy/choices but then take them away? Who are you to say that an unborn child SHOULDN'T have their rights/protection but then the next minute they should?

I appreciate your answers and honesty though. Can't seem to get much of that from your side.

Location hidden

#326053 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> IUD's cause early abortions as do the birth control pill.
No, they do not.
Sassyjm wrote:
Women STILL can conceive the offspring child while using birth control methods. These contraceptives will destroy the fertilized egg(aka new unique life of your child).
Abortions end pregnancies. Non-implanted fertilized eggs do not constitute a pregnancy. Therefore, medications which prevent implantation are not abortions. These are basic definitions. You do not get to alter them for your convenience.

Furthermore, there is no positive evidence that drugs like emergency contraception alter the endometrial lining in order to prevent implantation. Regular hormonal birth control pills do cause a change, but it is not known if it is sufficient to prevent implantation.
Sassyjm wrote:
Do some research. To be honest with you,I am shocked at the ignorance displayed on these forums by such grown women. Educate yourselves ladies. Sheesh.
The ignorance in on your end, Sassy. You're dependent on dishonest definition changes, speculation, and outright errors.

Location hidden

#326054 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
Educate yourselves ladies. Sheesh.
I'm also not a woman.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326055 Jul 28, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a delicate flower when it comes to my opinion. There are 3 hot topics where if people don't agree with me, I think they're a moron in that area.
I'm so strongly pro-vaccinate, that I think that anyone that disagrees with me in that area is a moron. Do you need me to repeat that? And ya, regarding vaccines, I have done a lot of research.... and I would go more in-depth if this were the place to do so, but it's not.
Nor the fact that I'm very pro-death penalty, and I sure wish Canada would bring that back, and I don't care if I have to pay a little bit more in taxes to axe a mother effer. I have no problem with that. And the people that don't agree with the Death penalty - Morons.
Are they all around morons? No. Just morons in that area.... are we clear sassy.... I ASKED IF WE WERE CLEAR! hahahahhahahhhah I'm pro-choice, pro-vaccine, and pro-death penalty.
I suppose you will get no smack-down for calling people morons and judging others who don't agree with you now that you admitted being pro-choice. Apparently,ONLY prolifers are not allowed to judge or call people morons. ALL the trolling proaborts hide in the shadows and patiently await ANY prolifer who will not show love and compassion to all even if they disagree with them.

I disagree with you about quite a few things and would love to debate things peacefully.. I don't think that people are morons who disagree with me. I wish people would educate themselves on the pros and cons of different issue to make a fair judgement on the issues instead of being forced fed something and taking it at face value.

I DO however,think that people are evil if they support killing their own child/fetus/offspring while developing in the womb as "choice". There is a difference. Not ONE proabort person would hesitate to call me out on calling someone evil but I betchaa a million dollars that they would not hesitate to call Susan Smith or a woman who killed her seconds old newborn evil.

See the hypocriscy that I despise so passionately?
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326057 Jul 28, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they do not.
<quoted text>
Abortions end pregnancies. Non-implanted fertilized eggs do not constitute a pregnancy. Therefore, medications which prevent implantation are not abortions. These are basic definitions. You do not get to alter them for your convenience.
Furthermore, there is no positive evidence that drugs like emergency contraception alter the endometrial lining in order to prevent implantation. Regular hormonal birth control pills do cause a change, but it is not known if it is sufficient to prevent implantation.
<quoted text>
The ignorance in on your end, Sassy. You're dependent on dishonest definition changes, speculation, and outright errors.
At conception,a NEW,UNIQUE human life is created. The fertilized egg(which is your biological child/offspring)will travel towards the womb to receive nourishment. It will then travel towards the birth canal where it will exit. Once born,it will seek nourishment once again from your breasts.

In other words,location *OF* that human doesn't make them unhuman. That human might even implant on the fallopian tubes. The woman is pregnant. We find out early on(earlier than EVER before)that we are pregnant due to our hormonal change.

Abortion ends the life of the fertilized egg regardless of its location whether that abortion is spontanous or induced.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326058 Jul 28, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm also not a woman.

Didn't sound like you were one,but I suppose that doesn't mean that you shouldn't educate yourself on how a womans body operates.

Btw I was talking about women in general educating themselves about their bodies. I did say *you* but I was referring to just you even if you were a woman :)
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326059 Jul 28, 2014
Yeah, so,I think that I will go for now,I am getting tired. Rightfully so because "The good fight is tiring when the opposition rejects reality and substitutes its own".

Location hidden

#326060 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> At conception,a NEW,UNIQUE human life is created. The fertilized egg(which is your biological child/offspring)will travel towards the womb to receive nourishment. It will then travel towards the birth canal where it will exit. Once born,it will seek nourishment once again from your breasts.
In other words,location *OF* that human doesn't make them unhuman. That human might even implant on the fallopian tubes. The woman is pregnant. We find out early on(earlier than EVER before)that we are pregnant due to our hormonal change.
Abortion ends the life of the fertilized egg regardless of its location whether that abortion is spontanous or induced.
That is not the definition of an abortion. If you believe actions which prevent implantation of a fertilized egg are immoral, that's your opinion, but to call it abortion is simply false.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#326061 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> IUD's cause early abortions as do the birth control pill. Women STILL can conceive the offspring child while using birth control methods. These contraceptives will destroy the fertilized egg(aka new unique life of your child).

Looks like your opinions on birth control are not shared or accepted by the medical community:

https://www.acog.org/About_ACOG/ACOG_Departme...

http://www.arhp.org/Publications-and-Resource...
http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/mo...
http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecabt.html

Do some objective research for once. Educate yourself, Ms Paradox.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#326062 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose you will get no smack-down for calling people morons and judging others who don't agree with you now that you admitted being pro-choice. Apparently,ONLY prolifers are not allowed to judge or call people morons. ALL the trolling proaborts hide in the shadows and patiently await ANY prolifer who will not show love and compassion to all even if they disagree with them.
I disagree with you about quite a few things and would love to debate things peacefully.. I don't think that people are morons who disagree with me. I wish people would educate themselves on the pros and cons of different issue to make a fair judgement on the issues instead of being forced fed something and taking it at face value.
I DO however,think that people are evil if they support killing their own child/fetus/offspring while developing in the womb as "choice". There is a difference. Not ONE proabort person would hesitate to call me out on calling someone evil but I betchaa a million dollars that they would not hesitate to call Susan Smith or a woman who killed her seconds old newborn evil.
See the hypocriscy that I despise so passionately?
So, the people who disagree with you on this issue aren't morons....... they're evil.

Spare us your petty judgements.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#326063 Jul 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the most vile hate filled person I have ever seen on these threads, and that is saying something.
Anyone who justifies murder of children is not worthy of a response from me.
Anyone who is "troubled" but turns around and makes justifications is a really really sick disgusting person. In short go to he11
BTW - the intrusion of Government in our lives is all over this......they are making it legal to murder their own citizens. I can't think of anything more intrusive than killing people.
Well then, thank you for not responding--I honestly appreciate it.
"The most vile, and hate-filled person you've ever seen on these threads," Either you haven't gotten around a whole lot on Topix, or I'm clearly moving up in the world.

I'd ask you to clarify that, but since I'm not worthy of a response from you, I suppose I'll just have to use my imagination...

Toodles!
:)

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#326065 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> """"The majority of us on the PC side want to see the statistical numbers of abortions decrease as well"""" "
Can you do me a favor and answer to questions? Kthanks.
1. where did you get this info from? I am sure that you don't know the majority of PC so I am sure you looked it up. Cite your sources please.
2. personally,why is it that you want or better yet-care,that abortion decrease? what does it have to do with you? what is wrong with abortion that "the so called majority" want to see it decrease?
According to most here from your side,abortion is a moral choice,but it is safer than pregnancy. So,please explain.
Ah, my darling "Sassafrass," how did I "know" I'd not get through a couple of posts without a loving missive from you...?
Dearest, I can't even begin to tell you just how much I haven't missed you!
I'll spare you a moment of my time, and bandwidth--though, truly, you're not worth either--to say once again, you've asked these questions ad-nauseum, and they've been answered ad-nauseum--by myself and several others.
Yes, I'm well aware that no answer that anyone who disagrees with you philosophically, spiritually, or, even logically is in any way, shape, or form going to have any chance of swaying your opinion from where it currently is.
You'll dismiss actual citations from the CDC, the AMA, PP, or any other reputable source in favor of Catholic Life News, or Life-Site-News as being more credible for justifying your system of beliefs.
Truth be told, I'm finally at the point where I have to concede that the only one who looks more idiotic than the idiot is the one who keeps on arguing with them.
Therefore, I think I'm going to have to simply bypass your long-winded nonsensical posts for the foreseeable future.

Yes, I know, you're understandably "crushed," but, I daresay you'll get over it.

Best,
John.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#326066 Jul 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
Healthcare coverage mandates are a form of government intrusion. Employers aren't forced to pay for any abortions, however.
Not abortions, Obamacare includes coverage of abortifacients; that's what the Hobby Lobby case was about.

Obamacare forces gays and lesbians in health insurance pools, to pay for abortifacient for straight couples.

The_Box wrote:
You can work for whatever employer you like. And you don't have to use any medications you don't want to.
The Hobby Lobby decision doesn't stop you from buying abortifacients, it just stops the law from forcing your employers and others in your insurance pool to pay.

The_Box wrote:
The government is trying to make sure everyone has access to good healthcare coverage.
We had good health care coverage before the government got involved; remember when Obama promised, "If you like your health care plan you can keep it."?

Location hidden

#326067 Jul 29, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not abortions, Obamacare includes coverage of abortifacients; that's what the Hobby Lobby case was about.
False. None of the drugs at issue in the Hobby Lobby case were abortifacients. Hobby Lobby held the false belief that they were, but they were not.

The SCOTUS ruled that it doesn't even matter if the belief is false; it's still protected.
Brian_G wrote:
We had good health care coverage before the government got involved; remember when Obama promised, "If you like your health care plan you can keep it."?
No, we had massive amounts of people uninsured, under-insured, or unable to be insured.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326069 Jul 29, 2014
It's the compromise the SCOTUS came up with; it's not perfect (perfection would be the government having no say at all in the matter) but it acknowledges certain philosophical issues regarding viability.

A woman who doesn't discover they are pregnant until after viability obviously has other health issues or mental issues that need to be examined.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> and THAT is okay with you? I don't hear you saying anything about that or anyone who claims to be pro-choice,agreeing with intruding on a woman choosing to abort electively after her "deadline".
There are woman who find out that they are pregnant late in the pregnancy for the first time. There are woman who may find themselves in a desperate situation and feel that abortion is best for them.
There are women who abort their husband or bf's child after they find out that they've been unfaithful.
Yet,.......they can't electively abort and MOST of you who consider yourselves in favor of a woman choosing for her "body",her pregnancy,are in agreence. They suddenly want her fetus to have MORE rights then she does.
SOMEONE explain please. Insults not required.

Indianapolis

#326070 Jul 29, 2014
It's not the government's job to tell consenting adults when they may have sex--nor is it yours.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" None of the 4 forms of BC they objected to induce abortions. None""""
Untrue.
""""" "" It significantly reduces unwanted pregnancies""" """"
Untrue.
Over half of recorded abortions done where done on woman who claimed to have used bc. The rest didn't which shows that access to birth control doesn't significantly reduce unwanted pregancies.
Outlaw abortion and you will see how QUICKLY birth control is used AND when used,used properly which CLEARLY shows the irresponsible,immature actions on behalf of those who want to risk pregnancy which will end up the killing their child for an orgasm.
Abstain when fertile to avoid pregnancy???? PFFFT...unHEARD of. Simply impossible. Noooo way!!! Preventive care just seems unrealistic these days. Why would it when abortion is available. We can justify our out of control actions today and play victim of our circumstances and womanhood.

Indianapolis

#326071 Jul 29, 2014
It's probably best that I'm not a woman, because if I were going to a clinic and some jerk tried to talk me out of it, I'd give them one warning to get away. If they didn't, I'd mace them or kick them in whatever sensitive spot I had access to. You cretins need to mind your own business.

Maybe we should have groups interfering with people going to church, trying to show them there is a better way?
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""Intrus ion is when a woman dis trying to to to her doctor's appointment and there are folks waiting there ready to coerce her into their camp. And yet, these coercing jerks will offer nothing more than prayer. They are not going to help this woman raise her kid"""" "
Typical spoon fed proabortion movements puppet. Her "doctors appointment" is to kill her child. No prolifer is trying to "coerce her into her camp",what they ARE doing is offering her HELP which no proabort will. Most young girls and women going into the clinics are abandoned or coerced into aborting their child. These girls are scared and alone. Vulnerabiility is lures them into the money-making,deceptive abortion mill.
I've talked to many. I have never,nor have I ever seen any prolifer yell or attack any woman or young girl. We offer help ...alternative that they were NEVER told of by the proabortion people who claim to care. Interesting huh?
I give food,clothing and money to the poor. I can't take ALL the poor in my home so I do what I can. YOU think that I am not legit because of that?
""""" """They pray and pray for the unborn and then when a child is born out of wedlock and the wrong color, then they reject them.
They get all ticked off with welfare mothers and yet, these are the mothers who did not abort"""" """""
Typical proabort puppet who got spoonfed lies and then repeats them.
What I would like to see is the males who used and dumped these pregnant women standing up and taking care of their children. I would like to see better yet,the women EMPOWERING themselves by learning to respect themselves therefore leading to men not having the opportunity to use them for sex and then dump them after they impregnant them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 227,742
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr R TRUTH 27,426
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Petal Power 1,110,247
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••