Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311864 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#326323 Aug 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The law protects children from unfit parents. The court system can remove the child from the home.
Why don't you favor the same protection for an unborn child?
Your pro Death obsession is disturbing
The same protection? You mean removing the "unborn" by force, against the woman's will. Oh-okay, so you're a real proabort. I should introduce you to sassyjm. She's never seen a real proabort before.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326324 Aug 23, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Advocating women murder their own unborn children is just plain evil.
Who does that?

I don't think you know what "advocate" means.

Certainly, you're not up to speed on the definition of "murder".

Advocating chaining pregnant women to their beds until they've given birth or died is way more evil. You should stop hanging out with those evil doers.
Life is Love

Hamburg, PA

#326326 Aug 24, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
More compassion for living children in dire circumstances than for developing tissues inhabiting a woman's body? Freakin' A!
<quoted text>
You sound like a homosexual. You have no understanding of children. Children must be warned of the predator class of sexual deviants that practice abnormal anal sex. They must be watched around children.. I do hope you understand the concerns.
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

#326329 Aug 24, 2014
Life is Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a homosexual. You have no understanding of children. Children must be warned of the predator class of sexual deviants that practice abnormal anal sex. They must be watched around children.. I do hope you understand the concerns.
You already know he's a homosexual Tom Tom, or any other monikers you've used. You're the same religious nutcase you always were, Tommy Boy.
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

#326330 Aug 24, 2014
Life is Love wrote:
Hopefully the militant gay infection against the human race with this Ebola plague can be stopped. God save us from this attest attack. Only by stopping their unnatural and unhealthy anal sex can such diseases stop..
You're the same ignorant bast ard you always were, Tommy Boy.
Joan Smith

Knoxville, TN

#326331 Aug 24, 2014
Pompano Fred wrote:
No one wins when an abortion happens. That having been said, it is no one's right to tell another what their decision must be about very personal matters.
The right wingers will march as they may and cry "murder, most foul!".....that doesn't make it so. Life begins long before conception, but we haven't outlawed certain wastage practices prior to conception. Sustainable life may begin closer to 20 weeks gestation in most cases. Those who believe that it begins at the moment of shop for new car or used car http://www.nabacar.com/Blog/ArtMID/509/Articl... conception have had that notion handed to them by some (arbitrary) arbiter of these things...for there is no verse in the Good Book that says "life begins at x weeks."
Very few of us advocate the notion that abortion makes everyone involved happier. It doesn't. Abortion should be avoided whenever possible for fairly obvious reasons. It may in some circumstances be the lesser of two evils and I don't propose to tell anyone what decisions they ought to make. The consequences of personal decision should remain the consequences of personal choice. It may not be a Roman notion, but it is a quintessential American idea.
they love to tell everyone what to do.
Life is Love

Reading, PA

#326332 Aug 24, 2014
Troubled Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the same ignorant bast ard you always were, Tommy Boy.
Your hatred has made you irrational. I have not mentioned God, you did. Think about that won't you. Also think about your life choices. You are being lied to about the Ebola epidemic.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326333 Aug 24, 2014
And you sound like a Westboro christer. We're talking about fetuses vs children trying to escape poverty, violence, and being used in the sex trade. And yes, those kids take precedence EVERY GODDAM TIME, especially since no woman's pregnancy is any of your business.

BTW--the most likely person to molest a child is its father or stepfather. So maybe you hetero pervs need to be kept away from them.
Life is Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a homosexual. You have no understanding of children. Children must be warned of the predator class of sexual deviants that practice abnormal anal sex. They must be watched around children.. I do hope you understand the concerns.
Hardy Rection

Glastonbury, CT

#326334 Aug 24, 2014
Life Boy c'mon back to bed and finish blowinn' me ok.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326335 Aug 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The law protects children from unfit parents. The court system can remove the child from the home.
Why don't you favor the same protection for an unborn child?
Your pro Death obsession is disturbing
How are you going to remove an unborn child to protect it from a woman that doesn't want to be pregnant or would be an unfit parent? The laws in some states do protect the unborn child but from woman who intend to carry to term not from women who do not.
J Cleese

New York, NY

#326336 Aug 25, 2014
Hardy Rection wrote:
Life Boy c'mon back to bed and finish blowinn' me ok.
Ya fairy.
Big Sky

Newark, OH

#326337 Aug 25, 2014
Hello....just saying, hello. I see some of the old gang is still going strong.
Big Sky

Newark, OH

#326339 Aug 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Adoption is the answer to unwanted pregnancy. That way the mother can live with herself and the child can find loving parents to care for him or her
Agree, my parents adopted my little brother...always let his mother visit, never kept it a secret. And they enjoy a great relationship today! He never felt rejected, had 2 moms and my dad. She proudly showed off pictures of him. She was simply young and not ready to raise children yet.
If people didn't wish to 'hide' their indiscretions, but faced them, allowed forgiveness and love all around, then people who do make 'not so great choices' don't have to live with worse choices, but can live knowing people would love them anyway....after all, no one's perfect.
Stop Breeding

Beverly, MA

#326340 Aug 25, 2014
Big Sky wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, my parents adopted my little brother...always let his mother visit, never kept it a secret. And they enjoy a great relationship today! He never felt rejected, had 2 moms and my dad. She proudly showed off pictures of him. She was simply young and not ready to raise children yet.
If people didn't wish to 'hide' their indiscretions, but faced them, allowed forgiveness and love all around, then people who do make 'not so great choices' don't have to live with worse choices, but can live knowing people would love them anyway....after all, no one's perfect.
Problem is, we cannot force adoption anymore than we can force abortion.

Yes, in an ideal world, adoption would be the answer.

But this world is far from ideal and people need to be free to make the best choices they can.

Plus, all the kids that need adopting are obviously not finding homes.

So tell that story when there is a shortage of kids needing adoption.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326342 Aug 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Adoption is the answer to unwanted pregnancy. That way the mother can live with herself and the child can find loving parents to care for him or her
Adoption is the answer when you don't want to raise a child as your own, it's not the answer to an unwanted pregnancy. Now how do you propose the courts get involved with a pregnant woman who does not want to give birth.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326343 Aug 26, 2014
Big Sky wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, my parents adopted my little brother...always let his mother visit, never kept it a secret. And they enjoy a great relationship today! He never felt rejected, had 2 moms and my dad. She proudly showed off pictures of him. She was simply young and not ready to raise children yet.
If people didn't wish to 'hide' their indiscretions, but faced them, allowed forgiveness and love all around, then people who do make 'not so great choices' don't have to live with worse choices, but can live knowing people would love them anyway....after all, no one's perfect.
How do you propose the courts get involved with women who do not want to carry to term? This would involve all women pregnant or not and in the present and future.
Big Sky

Newark, OH

#326344 Aug 26, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>How do you propose the courts get involved with women who do not want to carry to term? This would involve all women pregnant or not and in the present and future.
The courts can't be involved...unless a law is broken, so as of now, its moot. Social leaders of every stripe should encourage pregnancy only within marriage, encourage parents to get on the ball and teach their children about these things.
Supposedly, even those who are for 'abortion' as a choice...are not really for it personally and often view it as the last option. So to discourage it, through teaching proper sexual behavior withing a family or the pulpit, be it religious or social, I wouldn't see a problem either side would have.
But to involve courts would have to involve rolling back 'Roe v Wade.'
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#326345 Aug 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Adoption is the answer to unwanted pregnancy. That way the mother can live with herself and the child can find loving parents to care for him or her
You're all bark and not bite. You talk a big talk on an anonymous forum, but IRL, I doubt you've adopted any children or babies.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326346 Aug 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes typically in the Family Court System a relative petitions the court for temporary custody of a child that is in an unhealthy or unsafe environment.
Yeah, I know. You said the "unborn" deserves the same "protection". Therefore, you're proposing that a relative to the woman gestating should petition the court to have her fetus removed from the unhealthy or unsafe environment that is her.

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>Usually it is a grandparent because the parents are unfit. It is for the protection of the Child.
Okay. So a grandparent, per your example, should petition the court to have his/her daughter's fetus removed for its protection. Got it.

You do realize, that is tantamount to forced abortion.

Makes you a proabort. First proabort I've read on these threads.

Gotta tell ya, I think you're idea stinks. See, I'm prochoice, which means I believe women should retain their right to stay pregnant. Forced abortion is not a logical way to stop women from choosing it. Makes no sense, really.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326347 Aug 26, 2014
Big Sky wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts can't be involved...unless a law is broken, so as of now, its moot. Social leaders of every stripe should encourage pregnancy only within marriage, encourage parents to get on the ball and teach their children about these things.
Supposedly, even those who are for 'abortion' as a choice...are not really for it personally and often view it as the last option. So to discourage it, through teaching proper sexual behavior withing a family or the pulpit, be it religious or social, I wouldn't see a problem either side would have.
But to involve courts would have to involve rolling back 'Roe v Wade.'
Exactly, now explain to Seven Tee that the courts getting involved to protect an already born child is totally different than the courts getting involved to protect an unborn child from being aborted. For how many centuries now have churches and parents been discouraging sex before marriage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,431,638
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 min Rams53 10,075
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Bruin Nation 32,399
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Joe Fortuna 257,121
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web