Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326250 Aug 14, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
A woman is not responsible for the fetus unless she chooses that responsibility.
"Should not be put into a position..."? You mean, a woman shouldn't have free will.
<quoted text>
We all have free will. Killing/harming/abusing/neglec ting/etc.. another is abusing that free will.

You,as a former Catholic,should understand what free will means and why offered it to us. You don't,and once again,I find that tragic when people reject their God out of ignorance.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326251 Aug 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Some proabort with an agenda lies about CPC's and you believe it,hook,line and sinker. Puppet anyone?
Wow, now you're resorting to conspiracy theories where journalists (who have caught these CPCs lying on TAPE, btw), the government, the medical community, and clients are all lying to give CPCs a bad name.

ANYTHING to deny the evidence.

Location hidden

#326252 Aug 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually nutrition is alternative medicine. It's holistic care. Mind,body,soul care.
It's neither alternative (nutrition is mainstream science) nor medicine.
Sassyjm wrote:
Yes,my initial post to STO was stating a fact that my insurance company does not pay for alternative health care. And? Like I pointed out,there many avenues of alternative health care/preventive care/holistic approach,etc..
You were complaining. No one would reasonably expect an insurance company to be buying your groceries or dragging you to the gym. I think it's pretty clear you were talking about something else but you probably don't want to say because it's some embarrassing nonsense like homeopathy or reiki.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326253 Aug 14, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"As far as my alternative medicine approach,which is preventive medicine,I don't know why being healthy by destressing,eating healthy foods,avoiding toxins/chemicals and exercising is considered "nuts" in your opinion. Wanting my immune system to function as it should is a good thing -mentally,physically and emotionally. Sad that you think that is weird.
BTW,I am not anti-traditional medicine. I am preventive care first."
This discussion started because you said your thousand dollar a month health insurance doesn't cover the alternative and preventive care you want. And right there in your own words you describe what you mean by alternative and preventive.
"destressing" -- how should they cover it? Massage? Aroma-therapy? Pay for your dog food when times are tough?
"eating healthy foods" -- how should they cover it? Give you 10 lashes for eating fast food? Or maybe they should do your grocery shopping for you -- ya know, make sure you get enough greens in your diet.
"avoiding toxins/chemicals" - how should they cover it? No, really.
"exercising" - You want them to pay for your stairmaster? What? How should they cover it?
Hire someone to whip your fatass off the sofa and into shape?
Sounds like you want someone following you around to make sure yer clean livin'!
My examples where just that-examples. People like you,and peter think that means only vitamins. I explained some of the other forms. That was it.

You,like Peter and box,are absolutely clueless about anything that you are not aware of. I don't blame you but at least have the decency to expand your horizons before you give smart alic comments about it.Then again,I really don't care what you know or don't know,believe or don't believe. YA know? LOL

My point remains unaddressed by you in the meantime. THAT I would like to here out of you,not your personal,naive,ignorant opinion that distracts from answering.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326254 Aug 14, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"SevenTee" brayed
The Child is living inside the Mother. There are two Bodies joined. The Mother is responsible for her Baby and should not be put into a position where she can murder her baby
AGAIN....FOR THE SLOW,THERE ARE NO BABIES BEING MURDERED
A womans developing,biological child(her baby if you will)is present in the womb. A Dr will be payed to kill the life OF that baby/child/human/offspring in an abortion. THAT is what abortion is.

DD Double Duh!

Location hidden

#326255 Aug 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
You,like Peter and box,are absolutely clueless about anything that you are not aware of. I don't blame you but at least have the decency to expand your horizons before you give smart alic comments about it.Then again,I really don't care what you know or don't know,believe or don't believe. YA know? LOL
I've read extensively about alternative medicine and other medical issues like vaccines and fetal development that are interesting to discuss.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326256 Aug 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, now you're resorting to conspiracy theories where journalists (who have caught these CPCs lying on TAPE, btw), the government, the medical community, and clients are all lying to give CPCs a bad name.
ANYTHING to deny the evidence.
Show me links to these"journalists" "caught CPC lying on TAPE".

Along with "the government, medical community and clients" of course.

TIA
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326257 Aug 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's neither alternative (nutrition is mainstream science) nor medicine.
<quoted text>
You were complaining. No one would reasonably expect an insurance company to be buying your groceries or dragging you to the gym. I think it's pretty clear you were talking about something else but you probably don't want to say because it's some embarrassing nonsense like homeopathy or reiki.
Again,...I am not interested in hearing your personal, ignorant opinion. My point was made to STO anyway and I have no use for your silliness.

Although given STOs history here, he will dodge questions that he won't or can't answer

I give it a try tho ((shrugs shoulders))
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326258 Aug 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read extensively about alternative medicine and other medical issues like vaccines and fetal development that are interesting to discuss.
Ah yeah...
LOL I can see by your silly, ignorant, replies.

Read something biased or properly researched as usual.

Location hidden

#326259 Aug 14, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me links to these"journalists" "caught CPC lying on TAPE".
Along with "the government, medical community and clients" of course.
TIA
The link I provided earlier already had some. Or you can just try googling. First result:

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/25/caught_on_tap...

Location hidden

#326260 Aug 14, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Again,...I am not interested in hearing your personal, ignorant opinion.
Your misuse of words is not an opinion.

Nutrition is neither alternative nor medicine.

Location hidden

#326261 Aug 14, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yeah...
LOL I can see by your silly, ignorant, replies.
Read something biased or properly researched as usual.
You can't point out one part of my replies that is silly or ignorant. You haven't been able to refute one thing I've said; you just resort to conspiracy theories and pretending the evidence doesn't exist.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326262 Aug 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The link I provided earlier already had some. Or you can just try googling. First result:
http://www.salon.com/2013/06/25/caught_on_tap...
The link that you provided earlier "already had some"? Some *what*?

Where are these "TAPES" that you claimed people had to expose CPC's? Who are all these people,govt,medical proffessionals,etc..?

The link above here is ONE tape. From ONE girl. A tape,btw,that was made by a proabort girl,who had an abortion.(exactly my point as far as an agenda behind bad mouthing CPC) This girl says that she made this tape due to years before,supposedly went into a CPC when she had a scheduled abortion already(@@ yeah,okay) and experienced lies.

She has an agenda. She works for the proabortion movement who is in the business of making money off a girl aborting her child,not by keeping her child alive. Get it??????????

No lies where made on that tape btw.

Interesting that Abby Johnson was mentioned. She is an EX proabortion worker who revealed much deception when her conscience got the better of her. She,like MANY,including Dr Bernard Nathanson(abortionist and founder of NARAL) expose the proabortion lies and deceit. OOhh,...but THERE word means nothing anymore to you people. ONLY when they were still part of the business or support,was it "fact".

Nothing on that tape was a lie btw.

Location hidden

#326263 Aug 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
The link that you provided earlier "already had some"? Some *what*?
Extensive documentation of CPCs lying.
Sassyjm wrote:
Where are these "TAPES" that you claimed people had to expose CPC's? Who are all these people,govt,medical proffessionals,etc..?
What's the point of me providing sources when you're too lazy to read them?

They include the a Congressional Committee on Government Reform investigation, The Fort Worth Star Telegram, the Toronto Star, the New York Times, and the medical journal Contraception.
Sassyjm wrote:
The link above here is ONE tape. From ONE girl. A tape,btw,that was made by a proabort girl,who had an abortion.(exactly my point as far as an agenda behind bad mouthing CPC) This girl says that she made this tape due to years before,supposedly went into a CPC when she had a scheduled abortion already(@@ yeah,okay) and experienced lies.
She has an agenda. She works for the proabortion movement who is in the business of making money off a girl aborting her child,not by keeping her child alive. Get it??????????
No lies where made on that tape btw.
The girl's agenda, if any, is irrelevant. The CPC worker gave her false information. She told her that the Morning After Pill functions by causing a period, is equivalent to an abortion, and is unsafe. All these statements were false.

She then launched into a lecture about pre-marital sex, which was totally inappropriate.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326264 Aug 14, 2014
How Does Plan B One-Step Work?
Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

It may prevent or delay ovulation.
It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.
It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining.

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/plan-b

okay? Read it again now.

It MAY
It MAY
It is also POSSIBLE

A fertilized egg means that a woman HAS indeed conceived her biological child. This morning after pill can interfere with the new,humans life during implantation into the uterus.

Got it The_Box? No false information.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326265 Aug 14, 2014
You can take Plan B One-Step if:

You didn't use any birth control.
The condom came off or broke.
The diaphragm slipped out of place.
You missed at least two or three active birth control pills in a row.
You forgot to insert your ring or apply your patch.
Your partner didn't pull out in time.
You have another reason to think your birth control might not have worked.
You were forced to have sex

Location hidden

#326266 Aug 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
How Does Plan B One-Step Work?
Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:
It may prevent or delay ovulation.
It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.
It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining.
http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/plan-b
okay? Read it again now.
It MAY
It MAY
It is also POSSIBLE
A fertilized egg means that a woman HAS indeed conceived her biological child. This morning after pill can interfere with the new,humans life during implantation into the uterus.
Got it The_Box? No false information.
That's was purely hypothetical effect, which has been disconfirmed by more recent research.
http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecwork.html

Plan B doesn't work by causing a period. It's not the same as an abortion. And it's not unsafe.

3 lies.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326267 Aug 14, 2014
Okay now,..let's see just how "safe" this is. Let's see how this woman in the CPC supposedly lied @@
http://www.morningafterpill.org/is-emergency-...

http://pregnancyresource.net/morning-after-pi...

http://www.aul.org/2010/08/yoest-on-approval-...
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326268 Aug 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Extensive documentation of CPCs lying.
<quoted text>
What's the point of me providing sources when you're too lazy to read them?
They include the a Congressional Committee on Government Reform investigation, The Fort Worth Star Telegram, the Toronto Star, the New York Times, and the medical journal Contraception.
<quoted text>
The girl's agenda, if any, is irrelevant. The CPC worker gave her false information. She told her that the Morning After Pill functions by causing a period, is equivalent to an abortion, and is unsafe. All these statements were false.
She then launched into a lecture about pre-marital sex, which was totally inappropriate.
LOL you consider ONE persons parroted opinion "Extensive documentation of CPCs lying"?

Please.

All the rest of those links are opinions based on a proaborts statement. Even the tape (not TAPES like you suggested where out there to prove this) didn't prove anything.

A counselor will always give advice for that girl about premarital sex. There are huge risks to having sex without boundaries. They are there to help girls.

I suppose you have no problem with ALL THE TAPES from planned parenthood and their lies and hiding child rapes,do you?!?!
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326269 Aug 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
That's was purely hypothetical effect, which has been disconfirmed by more recent research.
http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecwork.html
Plan B doesn't work by causing a period. It's not the same as an abortion. And it's not unsafe.
3 lies.
A woman will bleed after. An abortion ends the life of a new,unique,created humans life. The MAP can interfere with a fertilized egg. Most of the time "if" taken immediately,can work to prevent pregnancy. It's a high dose of the birth control pill(which we all know is not 100% affective). Conception can occur.

Obviously that is that the Hobby Lobby is about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr CarpBill 6,829
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 247,262
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr CCC 1,275,000
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr tom wingo 29,915
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web