Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 320528 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Now What

Beverly, MA

#326169 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,abortion ends pregnancies. THAT is what I am saying.
Obviously if the woman doesn't get pregnant then no abortion can take place.
BUT,women do and can get pregnant while using the pill or IUD and it CAN cause an early abortion during implantation or before even. THAT is what I am saying.
A new life is created at conception. It then travels to the uterus,then it exists the uterus.
So what form of birth control do you prescribe the rest of the world?

Why do you want people to have children who do not want to have children?

That seems to be much more detrimental to the welfare of children than someone' choice of birth control.

Do you really want to meddle in other people's business to the point that they must only have the kind of sex you prescribe, the kind of birth control you support?

Don't you have better things to do?

Live your way and let others live theirs.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326170 Aug 11, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying your health insurance policy covered the preventive and alternative health care you were happy with, then suddenly your employer yanked them out of your policy because your employer disagreed with said health care, based only on religious grounds?
I would care, if it were true. Especially, if the price of the policy didn't drop some.
Why does the bases of why they pulled it OR never covered it ever,concern you? Religious or personal on the part of the employer,still affects MY choices.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326171 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You made an appeal to your god's opinions.
Where did I do that?
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326172 Aug 11, 2014
Now What wrote:
<quoted text>
So what form of birth control do you prescribe the rest of the world?
Why do you want people to have children who do not want to have children?
That seems to be much more detrimental to the welfare of children than someone' choice of birth control.
Do you really want to meddle in other people's business to the point that they must only have the kind of sex you prescribe, the kind of birth control you support?
Don't you have better things to do?
Live your way and let others live theirs.
Honey,stay with me here. We are speaking facts,not personal opinions.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326173 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I do that?
"But then there are some who are not practicing their beliefs and get sexually involved while not married which goes against God."
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326174 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
A slut is always someone who has had one more sex partner than you have, or is not as frigid as you are.
<quoted text>
Sooo cute!

You are adorbs!

Now,can you answer the question ?

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#326175 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
No nasty rebuttal aged. You can't seem to debate wtihout becoming alarmingly aggressive and condescending when you disagree with me or others.
We all have our moments but I don't ever see your other side. I am here to defend the unborn with the ugly truth about abortion. You don't like that and so,...you take shots at me personally.
Thank you for not letting me down!

Did you read, that in my own fashion, I did defend you? No? You likely glossed over that ... and why am I not surprised.

For me to become alarmingly aggressive and condescending - by golly, I would have to be more like you. Thankfully, I'm not.(Praise the Lord!- that is sarcasm)
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326176 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
"But then there are some who are not practicing their beliefs and get sexually involved while not married which goes against God."
That's not making " an appeal to your god's opinions". I am simply pointing out another scenerio regarding the posters point. Many proaborts bring up the fact that Christians abort. Christians who aren't following their religion are more likely to be having sex outside of marriage and ending up with unplanned pregnancies are inconvenient times in their lives thus becoming prey to the proaboertion movements deception.

Not that practicing Christians don't fall into temptation. They do. WE do. We are all sinners.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326177 Aug 11, 2014
cont....

Box,you said that "Your religious beliefs are irrelevant to our laws" but it was in fact relevant to my reply to that poster
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326178 Aug 11, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for not letting me down!
Did you read, that in my own fashion, I did defend you? No? You likely glossed over that ... and why am I not surprised.
For me to become alarmingly aggressive and condescending - by golly, I would have to be more like you. Thankfully, I'm not.(Praise the Lord!- that is sarcasm)
You "defended" me?!?!? What you claimed to have "defended" was not what I said. You didn't take what I said "out of context",you reworded my words. I stand by my EXACT words. It was a rhetoric question directed at me originally. Kind of like me asking you if you'd rather be hit by a train or shot in the head.

Again,try to debate reasonably and leave out the personal attacks

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326180 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not making " an appeal to your god's opinions". I am simply pointing out another scenerio regarding the posters point.
Fair enough. Ultimately, religion has no place in the debate, though.
Sassyjm wrote:
Christians who aren't following their religion are more likely to be having sex outside of marriage and ending up with unplanned pregnancies are inconvenient times in their lives thus becoming prey to the proaboertion movements deception.
I'd say Christians, whether faithful or not, are predominantly preyed upon by pro-life deception, usually coming from other Christians.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326181 Aug 11, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, you're missing the point. These employees are earning their health benefit. Therefore. they are paying for their health insurance. It's not a gift. It's not a bonus.
An employer should not have the power to deduct coverage from anyone's policy, especially when their motive is based on bogus science. They believe four different contraceptives are abortifacients. They are not. No implantation = no pregnancy to abort.
Don't like single payer? Here's another solution: The employer can compensate for health coverage in cash, and the employee can take the cash and go find a policy that better suits her needs.
What is your solution to separate an employer's religion from an employee's health insurance policy?
'""These employees are earning their health benefit.""" "

And yet,the employees still decide which they will cover

The birth control pill and IUD can still render a woman pregnant. She CAN lose that pregnancy because of it,and that is what the issue is.about

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#326182 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
You "defended" me?!?!? What you claimed to have "defended" was not what I said. You didn't take what I said "out of context",you reworded my words. I stand by my EXACT words. It was a rhetoric question directed at me originally. Kind of like me asking you if you'd rather be hit by a train or shot in the head.
Again,try to debate reasonably and leave out the personal attacks
Yep, tried to defend you. Not too many mothers in their right mind would wish their daughters dead because they could not sustain a pregnancy.

Kudos to you for enlightening me. I really had no idea that you were so "evil".

Have a good sanctimonious life JM!{definitely sarcasm now}
Miscarriage

Beverly, MA

#326183 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
'""These employees are earning their health benefit.""" "
And yet,the employees still decide which they will cover
The birth control pill and IUD can still render a woman pregnant. She CAN lose that pregnancy because of it,and that is what the issue is.about
Anytime a woman gets pregnant, she runs the risk of experiencing a miscarriage. Sometimes the reason is known, other times it could be a mystery.

So whether or not a person gets pregnant with an IUD or while taking the pill, which happens very seldom, and they happen to experience a miscarriage, there is no way to know if that miscarriage was caused by the birth control or by some other means.

As far as I know, there are no autopsies for situations like this.

So, now are you suggesting that all forms of miscarriages should be thoroughly investigated to determine why and then outlaw that thing that could have caused it?

The issue is not about what you previously stated, the issue is that you want to control everything.

Get a hobby and leave people alone.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326184 Aug 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Anti-Life, Pro-Abortion Haters have been lying to Women about the long term damage physically and mentally from Abortion for decades. I have come to the conclusion that the Pro-Abortion crowd simply does not care about Women, they care about population control, politics and $$$$.
Groups like Planned Parenthood set up shop in poor and inner city neighborhoods to murder babies, particularly Black and Mexican babies because they are racist
I have seen it first hand(the long term damage phyiscal and mental from abortion)wayy too many times. The young girl or woman is left to suffer the consequences of being deceived.

Interesting enough,most of what you said is agreed upon by many former proabortion providers AND supporters as well. THAT speaks volumes..
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326185 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Ultimately, religion has no place in the debate, though.
<quoted text>
I'd say Christians, whether faithful or not, are predominantly preyed upon by pro-life deception, usually coming from other Christians.
""religion has no place in the debate"""

Your opinion. I don't share that view. I can,however,debate without it as well and come up with the same conclusion.

Give an example of your above assertion that Christians are "predominately preyed upon" and by "pro=lifer deception'.

Explain please. TIA
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326186 Aug 11, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, tried to defend you. Not too many mothers in their right mind would wish their daughters dead because they could not sustain a pregnancy.
Kudos to you for enlightening me. I really had no idea that you were so "evil".
Have a good sanctimonious life JM!{definitely sarcasm now}
*sigh* I see that you are still rewording my actual words for your agenda.

hey,if that's all you got,......

@@
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326187 Aug 11, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, tried to defend you. Not too many mothers in their right mind would wish their daughters dead because they could not sustain a pregnancy.
Kudos to you for enlightening me. I really had no idea that you were so "evil".
Have a good sanctimonious life JM!{definitely sarcasm now}
I thought that you defend abortion? so you already defend women wishing their UNWANTED developing daughters dead (via abortion)?

Come on Aged..

If *I* am evil in your mind,then you are too.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326188 Aug 11, 2014
Few carriers pay for alternative medicine because it's bullcrap. They also don't pay for mainstream-medical tests and treatments until they are proven to be accurate and effective. Your employer has little to say about it. The employer should not have access to your medical records or your treatment plans.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" Is it for employer's to decide what health care an employee should and should not have?"""" "
Welcome to the 21st century where employers DO decide what health care an employee should or shouldn't have.
Like I've said,we pay over a thousand dollars a month for our insurance and it doesn't pay for MY choice of preventive and alternative health care because they don't agree with it. We have to pay out of our pockets.
Boo freakin hoo for me? I tried that already lol and . I kick and scream and nobody like you cares.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326189 Aug 11, 2014
Miscarriage wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime a woman gets pregnant, she runs the risk of experiencing a miscarriage. Sometimes the reason is known, other times it could be a mystery.
So whether or not a person gets pregnant with an IUD or while taking the pill, which happens very seldom, and they happen to experience a miscarriage, there is no way to know if that miscarriage was caused by the birth control or by some other means.
As far as I know, there are no autopsies for situations like this.
So, now are you suggesting that all forms of miscarriages should be thoroughly investigated to determine why and then outlaw that thing that could have caused it?
The issue is not about what you previously stated, the issue is that you want to control everything.
Get a hobby and leave people alone.
"""So whether or not a person gets pregnant with an IUD or while taking the pill, which happens very seldom""""

Seldom? um,...according to a proabortion poll,over 50% of women aborting claimed to have been using some birth control. Seldom? yeah,no!

:"""" "So, now are you suggesting that all forms of miscarriages should be thoroughly investigated to determine why """""

You're not related to STO,are you? He,like you,likes to pin all kinds of silly assumptions on me.

""""" "" the issue is that you want to control everything.
Get a hobby and leave people alone'"""" "

I want you to leave people alone. Developing humans in the womb who are discriminated against due to their size,and location. Stop controlling others lives. Controlling the vulnerable by killing them via abortion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min 1st time in the m... 1,644,219
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 min Not who you think 34,858
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr don t drink the k... 11,807
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web