Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326538 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326154 Aug 11, 2014
A slut is always someone who has had one more sex partner than you have, or is not as frigid as you are.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a slut in your opinion?
I am sure that we are all on the same page regarding what constitutes a slut.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326155 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortions end pregnancies. A pregnancy requires implantation.
If an action is taken that prevents implantation, then pregnancy never occurs, and it cannot be an abortion.
Yes,abortion ends pregnancies. THAT is what I am saying.

Obviously if the woman doesn't get pregnant then no abortion can take place.

BUT,women do and can get pregnant while using the pill or IUD and it CAN cause an early abortion during implantation or before even. THAT is what I am saying.

A new life is created at conception. It then travels to the uterus,then it exists the uterus.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326156 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But then there are some who are not practicing their beliefs and get sexually involved while not married which goes against God.
Your religious beliefs are irrelevant to our laws.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326157 Aug 11, 2014
There is NO pregnancy until implantation is successful. Even without the use of pharmaceuticals, the body may still clear out the endometrium in the monthly cycle even if the blastocyte is attaching. Abortofacients by definition cannot do a thing if there is no successful implantation.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Medications that are taken or devices used to prevent a pregnancy that CAN affect implantation are in fact abortificants.
This in not new information btw. I am not sure why,I mean we ALL know that women can and do get pregnant while using these medications or devices,so what do people think is going to happen.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#326158 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO you people took what CL said out of context. Everyone that was a proabort ganged up on him because he was prolife and what he said was a perfect way to attempt to change the subject.
""""he recognized just how badly out of line and indefensible that insensitive and nauseating comment came across"""" ""
Came across. Exactly! it "came across" to you as something that was not intended.
Yes, I did mean that it came across very, very wrong. Much like your post of wishing your daughter dead.

CL and Mary were not deliberately cruel men. And neither are you - for the most part - but you sure can be one rotten ugly person when the spirit moves you. Which happens with alarming frequency.

I can wait (please take your time), for your nasty rebuttal. Please, don't let me down. I would hate to think well of you.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326159 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Thinning the endometrium before implantation isn't abortion. Also, the endometrium can be thinned by many other drugs, or just be the woman's own systemic fluctuations. None of that is an abortion.
<quoted text>
Nobody said that "thinning the endometruium before implantation" is an abortion. What I said was that the pill can cause early abortions.

And YES,I agree that endometrium can be thinned by many other drugs. But knowing that your birth control pill or IUD can cause pregnancy and chance an early abortion DUE to it,is deliberate.

Location hidden

#326160 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT,women do and can get pregnant while using the pill or IUD and it CAN cause an early abortion during implantation or before even. THAT is what I am saying.
I know what you're saying. You're wrong.

An abortion can ONLY occur AFTER implantation, by definition.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326161 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religious beliefs are irrelevant to our laws.
What does my religious beliefs have to do with what I posted?
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326162 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
How pathetic is your god that a condom can thwart him, or the use of a pill or an IUD?
<quoted text>
Our free will choices aren't always Gods will.

You are clearly anti-God. Okay,I got that.

Are you still after all these years trying to impress or shock anyone with that? Such intolerance for others beliefs.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326163 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" Is it for employer's to decide what health care an employee should and should not have?"""" "
Welcome to the 21st century where employers DO decide what health care an employee should or shouldn't have.
Like I've said,we pay over a thousand dollars a month for our insurance and it doesn't pay for MY choice of preventive and alternative health care because they don't agree with it. We have to pay out of our pockets.
Boo freakin hoo for me? I tried that already lol and . I kick and scream and nobody like you cares.
Are you saying your health insurance policy covered the preventive and alternative health care you were happy with, then suddenly your employer yanked them out of your policy because your employer disagreed with said health care, based only on religious grounds?

I would care, if it were true. Especially, if the price of the policy didn't drop some.

Location hidden

#326164 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
What does my religious beliefs have to do with what I posted?
You made an appeal to your god's opinions.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#326165 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
How pathetic is your god that a condom can thwart him, or the use of a pill or an IUD?
<quoted text>
Peter! It's not like that at all - it's a free will thing. Except Catholics don't like others having free will because that makes them co-conspirators. If a Catholic finds sin (after spending hours searching) in others, it's their duty to report to others immediately the sin they uncovered (gossip, likely malicious).

Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't know - it places the pious firmly inside the Pearly Gates without submitting to an extensive, exhaustive personal review.
:-)
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326166 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There is NO pregnancy until implantation is successful. Even without the use of pharmaceuticals, the body may still clear out the endometrium in the monthly cycle even if the blastocyte is attaching. Abortofacients by definition cannot do a thing if there is no successful implantation.
<quoted text>
Yes,it is called a spontaneous abortion(miscarriage) when the body "clears out the endometrrium".

The pill or IUD can cause abortion after implantation.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326167 Aug 11, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did mean that it came across very, very wrong. Much like your post of wishing your daughter dead.
CL and Mary were not deliberately cruel men. And neither are you - for the most part - but you sure can be one rotten ugly person when the spirit moves you. Which happens with alarming frequency.
I can wait (please take your time), for your nasty rebuttal. Please, don't let me down. I would hate to think well of you.
No nasty rebuttal aged. You can't seem to debate wtihout becoming alarmingly aggressive and condescending when you disagree with me or others.

We all have our moments but I don't ever see your other side. I am here to defend the unborn with the ugly truth about abortion. You don't like that and so,...you take shots at me personally.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326168 Aug 11, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter! It's not like that at all - it's a free will thing. Except Catholics don't like others having free will because that makes them co-conspirators. If a Catholic finds sin (after spending hours searching) in others, it's their duty to report to others immediately the sin they uncovered (gossip, likely malicious).
Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't know - it places the pious firmly inside the Pearly Gates without submitting to an extensive, exhaustive personal review.
:-)
See? Another example of you. You are anti-Catholic and so you start the personal attacks because you don't want to hear the truth. Me pointing out what my religious beliefs aren't an attack on you. You don't want to believe it,and that is your choice. I am not "finding sin" in others by pointing out my religion.

I don't know you personally. All I do know is that you are intolerant of others beliefs while you support/advocate killing as choice.
Now What

Beverly, MA

#326169 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,abortion ends pregnancies. THAT is what I am saying.
Obviously if the woman doesn't get pregnant then no abortion can take place.
A new life is created at conception. It then travels to the uterus,then it exists the uterus.
So what form of birth control do you prescribe the rest of the world?

Why do you want people to have children who do not want to have children?

That seems to be much more detrimental to the welfare of children than someone' choice of birth control.

Do you really want to meddle in other people's business to the point that they must only have the kind of sex you prescribe, the kind of birth control you support?

Don't you have better things to do?

Live your way and let others live theirs.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326170 Aug 11, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying your health insurance policy covered the preventive and alternative health care you were happy with, then suddenly your employer yanked them out of your policy because your employer disagreed with said health care, based only on religious grounds?
I would care, if it were true. Especially, if the price of the policy didn't drop some.
Why does the bases of why they pulled it OR never covered it ever,concern you? Religious or personal on the part of the employer,still affects MY choices.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326171 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You made an appeal to your god's opinions.
Where did I do that?
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#326172 Aug 11, 2014
Now What wrote:
<quoted text>
So what form of birth control do you prescribe the rest of the world?
Why do you want people to have children who do not want to have children?
That seems to be much more detrimental to the welfare of children than someone' choice of birth control.
Do you really want to meddle in other people's business to the point that they must only have the kind of sex you prescribe, the kind of birth control you support?
Don't you have better things to do?
Live your way and let others live theirs.
Honey,stay with me here. We are speaking facts,not personal opinions.

Location hidden

#326173 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I do that?
"But then there are some who are not practicing their beliefs and get sexually involved while not married which goes against God."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Reality Check 1,683,976
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Mothra 12,055
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri YOUR Tasty Cak 35,357
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web