Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311343 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#326063 Jul 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the most vile hate filled person I have ever seen on these threads, and that is saying something.
Anyone who justifies murder of children is not worthy of a response from me.
Anyone who is "troubled" but turns around and makes justifications is a really really sick disgusting person. In short go to he11
BTW - the intrusion of Government in our lives is all over this......they are making it legal to murder their own citizens. I can't think of anything more intrusive than killing people.
Well then, thank you for not responding--I honestly appreciate it.
"The most vile, and hate-filled person you've ever seen on these threads," Either you haven't gotten around a whole lot on Topix, or I'm clearly moving up in the world.

I'd ask you to clarify that, but since I'm not worthy of a response from you, I suppose I'll just have to use my imagination...

Toodles!
:)

Location hidden

#326065 Jul 28, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> """"The majority of us on the PC side want to see the statistical numbers of abortions decrease as well"""" "
Can you do me a favor and answer to questions? Kthanks.
1. where did you get this info from? I am sure that you don't know the majority of PC so I am sure you looked it up. Cite your sources please.
2. personally,why is it that you want or better yet-care,that abortion decrease? what does it have to do with you? what is wrong with abortion that "the so called majority" want to see it decrease?
According to most here from your side,abortion is a moral choice,but it is safer than pregnancy. So,please explain.
Ah, my darling "Sassafrass," how did I "know" I'd not get through a couple of posts without a loving missive from you...?
Dearest, I can't even begin to tell you just how much I haven't missed you!
I'll spare you a moment of my time, and bandwidth--though, truly, you're not worth either--to say once again, you've asked these questions ad-nauseum, and they've been answered ad-nauseum--by myself and several others.
Yes, I'm well aware that no answer that anyone who disagrees with you philosophically, spiritually, or, even logically is in any way, shape, or form going to have any chance of swaying your opinion from where it currently is.
You'll dismiss actual citations from the CDC, the AMA, PP, or any other reputable source in favor of Catholic Life News, or Life-Site-News as being more credible for justifying your system of beliefs.
Truth be told, I'm finally at the point where I have to concede that the only one who looks more idiotic than the idiot is the one who keeps on arguing with them.
Therefore, I think I'm going to have to simply bypass your long-winded nonsensical posts for the foreseeable future.

Yes, I know, you're understandably "crushed," but, I daresay you'll get over it.

Best,
John.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#326066 Jul 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
Healthcare coverage mandates are a form of government intrusion. Employers aren't forced to pay for any abortions, however.
Not abortions, Obamacare includes coverage of abortifacients; that's what the Hobby Lobby case was about.

Obamacare forces gays and lesbians in health insurance pools, to pay for abortifacient for straight couples.

The_Box wrote:
You can work for whatever employer you like. And you don't have to use any medications you don't want to.
The Hobby Lobby decision doesn't stop you from buying abortifacients, it just stops the law from forcing your employers and others in your insurance pool to pay.

The_Box wrote:
The government is trying to make sure everyone has access to good healthcare coverage.
We had good health care coverage before the government got involved; remember when Obama promised, "If you like your health care plan you can keep it."?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326067 Jul 29, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not abortions, Obamacare includes coverage of abortifacients; that's what the Hobby Lobby case was about.
False. None of the drugs at issue in the Hobby Lobby case were abortifacients. Hobby Lobby held the false belief that they were, but they were not.

The SCOTUS ruled that it doesn't even matter if the belief is false; it's still protected.
Brian_G wrote:
We had good health care coverage before the government got involved; remember when Obama promised, "If you like your health care plan you can keep it."?
No, we had massive amounts of people uninsured, under-insured, or unable to be insured.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326069 Jul 29, 2014
It's the compromise the SCOTUS came up with; it's not perfect (perfection would be the government having no say at all in the matter) but it acknowledges certain philosophical issues regarding viability.

A woman who doesn't discover they are pregnant until after viability obviously has other health issues or mental issues that need to be examined.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> and THAT is okay with you? I don't hear you saying anything about that or anyone who claims to be pro-choice,agreeing with intruding on a woman choosing to abort electively after her "deadline".
There are woman who find out that they are pregnant late in the pregnancy for the first time. There are woman who may find themselves in a desperate situation and feel that abortion is best for them.
There are women who abort their husband or bf's child after they find out that they've been unfaithful.
Yet,.......they can't electively abort and MOST of you who consider yourselves in favor of a woman choosing for her "body",her pregnancy,are in agreence. They suddenly want her fetus to have MORE rights then she does.
SOMEONE explain please. Insults not required.

Indianapolis

#326070 Jul 29, 2014
It's not the government's job to tell consenting adults when they may have sex--nor is it yours.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" None of the 4 forms of BC they objected to induce abortions. None""""
Untrue.
""""" "" It significantly reduces unwanted pregnancies""" """"
Untrue.
Over half of recorded abortions done where done on woman who claimed to have used bc. The rest didn't which shows that access to birth control doesn't significantly reduce unwanted pregancies.
Outlaw abortion and you will see how QUICKLY birth control is used AND when used,used properly which CLEARLY shows the irresponsible,immature actions on behalf of those who want to risk pregnancy which will end up the killing their child for an orgasm.
Abstain when fertile to avoid pregnancy???? PFFFT...unHEARD of. Simply impossible. Noooo way!!! Preventive care just seems unrealistic these days. Why would it when abortion is available. We can justify our out of control actions today and play victim of our circumstances and womanhood.

Indianapolis

#326071 Jul 29, 2014
It's probably best that I'm not a woman, because if I were going to a clinic and some jerk tried to talk me out of it, I'd give them one warning to get away. If they didn't, I'd mace them or kick them in whatever sensitive spot I had access to. You cretins need to mind your own business.

Maybe we should have groups interfering with people going to church, trying to show them there is a better way?
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""Intrus ion is when a woman dis trying to to to her doctor's appointment and there are folks waiting there ready to coerce her into their camp. And yet, these coercing jerks will offer nothing more than prayer. They are not going to help this woman raise her kid"""" "
Typical spoon fed proabortion movements puppet. Her "doctors appointment" is to kill her child. No prolifer is trying to "coerce her into her camp",what they ARE doing is offering her HELP which no proabort will. Most young girls and women going into the clinics are abandoned or coerced into aborting their child. These girls are scared and alone. Vulnerabiility is lures them into the money-making,deceptive abortion mill.
I've talked to many. I have never,nor have I ever seen any prolifer yell or attack any woman or young girl. We offer help ...alternative that they were NEVER told of by the proabortion people who claim to care. Interesting huh?
I give food,clothing and money to the poor. I can't take ALL the poor in my home so I do what I can. YOU think that I am not legit because of that?
""""" """They pray and pray for the unborn and then when a child is born out of wedlock and the wrong color, then they reject them.
They get all ticked off with welfare mothers and yet, these are the mothers who did not abort"""" """""
Typical proabort puppet who got spoonfed lies and then repeats them.
What I would like to see is the males who used and dumped these pregnant women standing up and taking care of their children. I would like to see better yet,the women EMPOWERING themselves by learning to respect themselves therefore leading to men not having the opportunity to use them for sex and then dump them after they impregnant them.

Indianapolis

#326072 Jul 29, 2014
They aren't crying victim; they're alleviating an unwanted medical condition. Doesn't matter if they used BC or not--and it sure as hell isn't any of your business.

"Keeping women down"--the new fundiespeak for "women's autonomy."
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
We have MILLIONS of abortions(and that is not including miscarriages) from women using birth control. The rest COULD be and don't.
Now,personally I am against artificial birth control,but I know how to abstain when I needed to for the purpose of avoiding pregnancy. That,my dear,is not being naive,that is being smart and realistic.
I doubt women are having sex 24/7/365 days a year so they CAN abstain when fertile and hump away like freakin rabbits the rest of the month. They won't die last time I checked.
Nah,they will risk it and then cry victim of their own stupidity meanwhile the abortion companies make a fortune off keeping women down. Come ON women,wake up,use your brains.

Indianapolis

#326073 Jul 29, 2014
The litmus test on being pro- or anti-choice really isn't about personal philosophy; many PC'ers would never have an abortion. The real t est is whether you believe the law should keep women from aborting electively. I personally believe only the pregnant woman can decide if the risks outweigh the result, certainly not some bureaucrat who will never face the choice.
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you can think what you want about me. Your opinion of me doesn't really matter (but I will take out the time, and give you a response)
After 14 or so weeks - max 16, that ship has sailed to get an elective abortion (that's my opinion) and after that, unless there is a medical concern regarding the pregnancy/woman, my opinion is too bad, maybe next time you can make the cut off date. So to answer your question, I support elective abortions until 14 weeks. There, there ya go. Run with that. Is it gray? Yup. Sorry.
If my opinion has you thinking I'm a coward, then I'm a coward. okay.
But seriously, out of most the people here, my opinion means squat. I can't do anything about your laws, I can't vote for anyone regarding this issue. You can change my opinion, and lets say you do... so what? The PC are already in power here, and they're Canada's best chance at changing the laws regarding abortion, but you know what? That's never gonna happen. Not in the near future anyways.... The Canadian Health Care pays for ALL abortions, regardless how long the woman has been pregnant (including LTA)
Talking both sides of the mouth? Sure, if that's what my opinion is, then again, okay.
And yup, I think they're a loony if aborting a baby in the 8th month just because, and they're okay with that... total loony. Just the same as I think a person trying to stand in the way of a woman getting an abortion or abortion pill is a loony when it's done shorty after they find out the news that they are pregnant.... total loony. So what?

Indianapolis

#326074 Jul 29, 2014
The list of drugs that could cause a miscarriage is quite long, but the ones HL dislike aren't among them. What they could do is prevent implantation, which means they prevent pregnancy, not terminate it. Millions of fertilized eggs get sloughed off every year just through normal menstruation.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> IUD's cause early abortions as do the birth control pill. Women STILL can conceive the offspring child while using birth control methods. These contraceptives will destroy the fertilized egg(aka new unique life of your child). Are you aware that even clomid(which is used to help a woman get pregnant)can cause abortions because it thins the lining of the uterus causing miscarriage?
Do some research. To be honest with you,I am shocked at the ignorance displayed on these forums by such grown women. Educate yourselves ladies. Sheesh.

Indianapolis

#326075 Jul 29, 2014
About 75% of all fertilized eggs never implant. That makes your god the ultimate abortionist by your standards.

In reality, pregnancy begins only after successful implantation; an egg that fails to implant (regardless of cause) is not aborted or miscarried by definition.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> At conception,a NEW,UNIQUE human life is created. The fertilized egg(which is your biological child/offspring)will travel towards the womb to receive nourishment. It will then travel towards the birth canal where it will exit. Once born,it will seek nourishment once again from your breasts.
In other words,location *OF* that human doesn't make them unhuman. That human might even implant on the fallopian tubes. The woman is pregnant. We find out early on(earlier than EVER before)that we are pregnant due to our hormonal change.
Abortion ends the life of the fertilized egg regardless of its location whether that abortion is spontanous or induced.

Indianapolis

#326077 Jul 29, 2014
So nobody told you how babies are made?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is your God too, after all he created you.

Indianapolis

#326079 Jul 29, 2014
I choose to grip reality instead of wallowing in superstition and folklore.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the creator of all things in Heaven and on Earth.
You choose to either accept of reject the sacrifice of his Son Jesus Christ or reject the gift.
The choice is yours.

Location hidden

#326080 Jul 29, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I choose to grip reality instead of wallowing in superstition and folklore.
<quoted text>
Evening "Pete,"
Odd how "Reality" has a different meaning for folks who don't hold the same system of beliefs isn't it?
Honestly, I'm not quite sure what to make of "Seven-Tee."
Initially, I'd thought that thought that this was yet another manifestation of our good old "Knit," but this one writes more concisely, and doesn't get as angry with everyone who doesn't happen to subscribe to her beliefs as "Knit" did.
That said, she shows all the arrogance that was "Knit's" trademark.
I suppose only time will tell, while I'll confess, in the meantime, I'm none-too-fond thus-far...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#326081 Jul 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
False. None of the drugs at issue in the Hobby Lobby case were abortifacients. Hobby Lobby held the false belief that they were, but they were not.
The SCOTUS ruled that it doesn't even matter if the belief is false; it's still protected. No, we had massive amounts of people uninsured, under-insured, or unable to be insured.
What Hobby Lobby will not cover are four contraceptive methods that its owners fear are abortifacients:

Plan B (“The Morning After Pill”)
Ella (a similar type of “emergency contraception”)
Copper Intra-Uterine Device
IUD with progestin

Rather than simply prevent sperm and ova from uniting, Hobby Lobby’s owners believe that these medications either kill human beings when they are fertilized eggs or prevent them from implanting themselves in utero, whereupon they die.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381637/h...

Hobby Lobby's owners believe life begins at conception. They provide baby showers for pregnant employees, not abortions.

Encouraging women to murder their own children is wrong. Obamacare is bad law; delay, defund and repeal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326083 Jul 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What Hobby Lobby will not cover are four contraceptive methods that its owners fear are abortifacients:
They can fear that Tylenol is an abortifacient if they want to: they're wrong. None of those 4 drugs causes an abortion.
Brian_G wrote:
Rather than simply prevent sperm and ova from uniting, Hobby Lobby’s owners believe that these medications either kill human beings when they are fertilized eggs or prevent them from implanting themselves in utero, whereupon they die.
2 of the 4 medications are known NOT to affect implantation (Plan B and Ella). The other 2 theoretically might, but there is no positive evidence that they do.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326084 Jul 30, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text>The whole Hobby Lobby thing was about freedom of religion, like it or not it is. And no it doesn't mean if you think blood pressure cuffs or what cause abortions, would make you exempt. Hobby Lobby owners do not believe in abortions neither do other religious institutions . They shouldn't have to or be forced to pay for abortions if it goes against their religion.
" They shouldn't have to or be forced to pay for abortions if it goes against their religion. "

Why should they have to pay for any healthcare, "if it goes against their religion"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326085 Jul 30, 2014
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
A baby is born whn it is suppose to b born.
It is His will.
There ya go! So....what's your problem with abortion, again? According to your stated belief above -- "It is His will."
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326086 Jul 30, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Having sex while ovulating will possibly lead to pregnancy. Fact of life.
Don't want to conceive your offspring/child,then don't have sex while fertile. If you have sex anyway,then a possible conception might take place which means you HAVE your existing,developing child located inside of you beginning at point a,that will travel to point b,and eventually to point c.......where that child will continue to use your body(breast feeding)for survival while they continue to develop and mature throughout their many stages of life.
Check it!
Done!
Nice try at changing the subject regarding your comparison of pedophiles to women who have terminated pregnancies.

You wrote: "My comment wasn't regarding two consenting adults having sex,it was regarding your statement that the pedophile gets off while terrorising his victim and that women who go through abortion don't get off."

You said they are equally "evil". Yet, you say you have friends who have had abortions. Would you let them babysit your kids? Do you have pedophile friends, too? Would you let them babysit your kids?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#326087 Jul 31, 2014
Vice Presient Joe Biden sponsored the Religous Freedom Restoration Act back when he was in the Senate. Even the US Supreme Court obeys law; now I wish Obama would learn to respect law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min FYVM 1,395,691
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IB DaMann 9,872
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mon ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web