Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,978
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325976 Jul 23, 2014
And in the end, Thor crushes the head of the Midgard Serpent, which poisons Thor with his venom; they die together and Ragnarok is complete.
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text> About a hundred years ago, three little children saw the Blessed Virgin Mary . The Virgin Mary said that in the end my Immaculate Heart will prevail. The Virgin chrushes the head of Satan, you lose.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#325977 Jul 24, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Trying to force employers to pay for abortifacients with Obamacare, for one way to promote abortion. How does he not promote abortion? He's a Democrat, abortion is there sacrament.
The ACA does not force employers to pay for abortifacients.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#325978 Jul 24, 2014
Not since the US Supreme Court ruled for Hobby Lobby.

Location hidden

#325979 Jul 24, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
It didn't before that either.

Per the Supreme Court's ruling, the ACA can't mandate coverage for ANYTHING because a company can claim that they believe it causes abortions. Blood pressure medicine? Causes abortions, we don't want to cover it. Casts for broken arms? Causes abortions, we don't want to cover it. Heart surgery? Causes abortions, we don't want to cover it.

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#325980 Jul 24, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Brian, it will be a bittersweet victory if abortion rates climb. I thought most of us were at least on that page. Without implantation, there is no pregnancy to consider terminating.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#325982 Jul 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
It didn't before that either. Per the Supreme Court's ruling, the ACA can't mandate coverage for ANYTHING because a company can claim that they believe it causes abortions. Blood pressure medicine? Causes abortions, we don't want to cover it. Casts for broken arms? Causes abortions, we don't want to cover it. Heart surgery? Causes abortions, we don't want to cover it.
What an insipid ruling, odd I didn't read it in Ginsburg's dissent. Can you cite?

Hobby Lobby refused to pay for 4 abortion inducing "contraceptives" of 20 licensed by the FDA. Their employees are free to pay for those abortifacients, if they choose. The other 16 are still free with no copay by Hobby Lobby's insurance.

If you think people are so stupid that denied those four methods they'll avoid the other 16 and there will be more abortions; I disagree, I think better of people. In fact, I believe people should pay for their own contraceptives, without public assistance.

Under Obamacare, birth control becomes a common welfare issue, taken from the individual. The end begins very gently and then it's too late...

Location hidden

#325983 Jul 24, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What an insipid ruling, odd I didn't read it in Ginsburg's dissent. Can you cite?
The ruling was that Hobby Lobby did not have to cover 4 particular forms of BC because they held the belief that they caused abortions. The ruling also stated that it did not matter if the belief was false.

Therefore, it must follow that a corporation could believe that blood pressure medication (or anything else) causes abortions and get an exemption from covering them.
Brian_G wrote:
Hobby Lobby refused to pay for 4 abortion inducing "contraceptives" of 20 licensed by the FDA.
None of the 4 forms of BC they objected to induce abortions. None.
Brian_G wrote:
Under Obamacare, birth control becomes a common welfare issue, taken from the individual. The end begins very gently and then it's too late...
Contraception is a common welfare issue. It's well established that the population having easy and cheap access to birth control is good for society. It significantly reduces unwanted pregnancies.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#325985 Jul 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The ruling was that Hobby Lobby did not have to cover 4 particular forms of BC because they held the belief that they caused abortions. The ruling also stated that it did not matter if the belief was false.
Therefore, it must follow that a corporation could believe that blood pressure medication (or anything else) causes abortions and get an exemption from covering them.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Contraception is a common welfare issue. It's well established that the population having easy and cheap access to birth control is good for society. It significantly reduces unwanted pregnancies.
The whole Hobby Lobby thing was about freedom of religion, like it or not it is. And no it doesn't mean if you think blood pressure cuffs or what cause abortions, would make you exempt. Hobby Lobby owners do not believe in abortions neither do other religious institutions . They shouldn't have to or be forced to pay for abortions if it goes against their religion.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#325986 Jul 25, 2014
Senator Joe Biden sponsored the Religious Freedom Restoration Act to the Senate; Obama picked Biden as his running mate. Don't blame the court, blame the law.
Bottom Line

Beverly, MA

#325987 Jul 25, 2014
Nobody, not even pro-choice folks want or advocate abortions.

Abortion is seen as an unfortunate choice some feel they must make in the face of severe adversity, be it unsupportive family, unsupportive father, rape, severe birth defect.

Only the mother can decide for herself what she can handle and make that choice.

99% of abortions would not happen if the woman had the kind support and compassion from her family and the father to feel safe in brining the child into the world and raise him or her without judgement.

But pro-life people only provide lip service and no substance to their pleas against it.

Have you ever heard of a pro-choice person stalking a pregnant woman and asking her to go get an abortion?

If pro-life people were serious, they would open up comfortable supportive homes for women facing unplanned or difficult pregnancies and guarantee them a safe place to raise their kids into adulthood.

Then wait and see where the women go and what the majority choose. That would probably put a huge dent into the abortion rate.

So get busy pro-lifers, you could make a difference and not look like jerks at the same time.

Location hidden

#325988 Jul 25, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text>The whole Hobby Lobby thing was about freedom of religion, like it or not it is. And no it doesn't mean if you think blood pressure cuffs or what cause abortions, would make you exempt.
Why not? The BC medications at issue in the case don't cause abortions. The court ruled that it *didn't matter* if Hobby Lobby's belief was false.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#325990 Jul 26, 2014
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
KKLSIASTIKUS.
19 Humbl thy spirit vry mu h :
for th vngns on th flsh of th
ungo ly is fir an worms.
23 Lt a wis srvant b r to thY
as thy own soul, frau him not
of librty, nor lv him n y.
26 Hast thou aughtrs? hav a
kar of thr bo y, an shw not thy kountnans
gay towar s thm.
31 With all thy soul fr th Lor , an
rvrns his prsts.
32 With all thy strength lov him that ma
thy : an forsak not his ministrs.
36 An strt h out thy han to th poor,
that thy xpiation an thy blssing may b prfkt.
40 In all thy works rmmbr thy last n, an thou
shalt nvr sin.
WTF?!?!?!?

Scratching head...

Does this make sense to ANYONE else?
Are complete sentences forbidden where you come from?
Seriously, if your goal is to make a point, you'd do better with a well-reasoned argument than this mish-mash approach you're currently employing...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#325991 Jul 26, 2014
Religious faith is built on values, not facts.

Indianapolis

#325992 Jul 26, 2014
I suspect they are such an avid texter that they can no longer write actual english. Of course, they don't appear to have anything to say anyway, so I've been ignoring them. This latest example of dumb-code appears to reference Ecclesiastes.
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?!?!?!?
Scratching head...
Does this make sense to ANYONE else?
Are complete sentences forbidden where you come from?
Seriously, if your goal is to make a point, you'd do better with a well-reasoned argument than this mish-mash approach you're currently employing...

Indianapolis

#325993 Jul 26, 2014
Just like schizophrenia.
Brian_G wrote:
Religious faith is built on values, not facts.

Location hidden

#325994 Jul 26, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I suspect they are such an avid texter that they can no longer write actual english. Of course, they don't appear to have anything to say anyway, so I've been ignoring them. This latest example of dumb-code appears to reference Ecclesiastes.
<quoted text>
I just happen to have a K-J-V right in front of me, but I'm not going to bother consulting it since you're usually spot-on in your observations "Pete."
How goes the good fight my friend?

I see that, though the "usual suspects" are conspicuously absent, there's no shortage of lunatics on here...

Best,

JK.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325996 Jul 26, 2014
"SevenTee"
post edited because it was a derp word salad

This type of person has no feelings which is why they kill babies and eat them.

you win the "dumbass of the day" for that sentence

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325997 Jul 26, 2014
Seven Tee apparently wants to make the world a worse place.

I wonder why that is?

Next...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#325999 Jul 26, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Obamacare is bad for America. Delay, defund and repeal Obamacare.

Location hidden

#326000 Jul 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The hollow, ignorant ones bury their heads in the sand. Look up what has been going on in China. Then look at America (abortion).
'

What, precisely, is your point?
That if we manage to reduce abortions here--in the USA--that they're going to increase overseas?
The very fact that many of you folks on the P-L side of this argument don't wish acknowledge is that the majority of us on the PC side want to see the statistical number of abortions decrease as well is something we've had to deal with for decades now!

Stop f**king with us and start helping us!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min thetruth 234,600
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,173,263
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 55 min Quantummist 3,136
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Brew In 28,715
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Pinoyboyguy 734
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
San Diego State hoping Dwayne Polee II gets a shot Jan 23 alanparkcity 1
More from around the web