Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326595 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325993 Jul 26, 2014
Just like schizophrenia.
Brian_G wrote:
Religious faith is built on values, not facts.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#325994 Jul 26, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I suspect they are such an avid texter that they can no longer write actual english. Of course, they don't appear to have anything to say anyway, so I've been ignoring them. This latest example of dumb-code appears to reference Ecclesiastes.
<quoted text>
I just happen to have a K-J-V right in front of me, but I'm not going to bother consulting it since you're usually spot-on in your observations "Pete."
How goes the good fight my friend?

I see that, though the "usual suspects" are conspicuously absent, there's no shortage of lunatics on here...

Best,

JK.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325996 Jul 26, 2014
"SevenTee"
post edited because it was a derp word salad

This type of person has no feelings which is why they kill babies and eat them.

you win the "dumbass of the day" for that sentence

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325997 Jul 26, 2014
Seven Tee apparently wants to make the world a worse place.

I wonder why that is?

Next...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325999 Jul 26, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The ruling was that Hobby Lobby did not have to cover 4 particular forms of BC because they held the belief that they caused abortions. The ruling also stated that it did not matter if the belief was false.
Therefore, it must follow that a corporation could believe that blood pressure medication (or anything else) causes abortions and get an exemption from covering them.
<quoted text>
None of the 4 forms of BC they objected to induce abortions. None.
<quoted text>
Contraception is a common welfare issue. It's well established that the population having easy and cheap access to birth control is good for society. It significantly reduces unwanted pregnancies.
Obamacare is bad for America. Delay, defund and repeal Obamacare.

Location hidden

#326000 Jul 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The hollow, ignorant ones bury their heads in the sand. Look up what has been going on in China. Then look at America (abortion).
'

What, precisely, is your point?
That if we manage to reduce abortions here--in the USA--that they're going to increase overseas?
The very fact that many of you folks on the P-L side of this argument don't wish acknowledge is that the majority of us on the PC side want to see the statistical number of abortions decrease as well is something we've had to deal with for decades now!

Stop f**king with us and start helping us!

Indianapolis

#326002 Jul 26, 2014
Topix is the only asylum with revolving doors....:)

The good fight is tiring when the opposition rejects reality and substitutes its own.
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
I just happen to have a K-J-V right in front of me, but I'm not going to bother consulting it since you're usually spot-on in your observations "Pete."
How goes the good fight my friend?
I see that, though the "usual suspects" are conspicuously absent, there's no shortage of lunatics on here...
Best,
JK.

Indianapolis

#326003 Jul 26, 2014
We don't eat babies, silly. Why eat veal when there's so much steak around, willing to deliver itself?

So you oppose making the world a better place?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
This a typical argument from a lost soul. This type of person has been jaded by drugs, exposure to bloody terrors, murder, torture sadism, homosexuality and catastrophe on TV. This type of person has no feelings which is why they kill babies and eat them. They are blind and ignorant and unclean which is why you see statements such as:
"It all depends on how you look at it"
"A little doesn't hurt"
"What is wrong with that?"
"Man is the measure of all things"
"I want to make the world a better place."

Indianapolis

#326004 Jul 26, 2014
Do you ever read anything but bumper stickers?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Obamacare is bad for America. Delay, defund and repeal Obamacare.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#326005 Jul 26, 2014
Bottom Line wrote:
Nobody, not even pro-choice folks want or advocate abortions.
Abortion is seen as an unfortunate choice some feel they must make in the face of severe adversity, be it unsupportive family, unsupportive father, rape, severe birth defect.
Only the mother can decide for herself what she can handle and make that choice.
99% of abortions would not happen if the woman had the kind support and compassion from her family and the father to feel safe in bringing the child into the world and raise him or her without judgement.
But pro-life people only provide lip service and no substance to their pleas against it.
Have you ever heard of a pro-choice person stalking a pregnant woman and asking her to go get an abortion?
If pro-life people were serious, they would open up comfortable supportive homes for women facing unplanned or difficult pregnancies and guarantee them a safe place to raise their kids into adulthood.
Then wait and see where the women go and what the majority choose. That would probably put a huge dent into the abortion rate.
So get busy pro-lifers, you could make a difference and not look like jerks at the same time.
Mn r rsponsibl whn a woman
bkoms pregnant.
Thr is nvr a rson for abortion.
A woman kan ovrkom th
abus with th xsitmnt of
having a baby.
Pro-lifrs r ppl that know
that th woman is not
wll if sh wants to hurt hr
baby.
Womn who abort thr babis
liv in illnss.

Location hidden

#326006 Jul 26, 2014
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Mn r rsponsibl whn a woman
bkoms pregnant.
Thr is nvr a rson for abortion.
A woman kan ovrkom th
abus with th xsitmnt of
having a baby.
Pro-lifrs r ppl that know
that th woman is not
wll if sh wants to hurt hr
baby.
Womn who abort thr babis
liv in illnss.
yr n' imbcele!

Location hidden

#326007 Jul 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is I want abortion on demand as birth control outlawed in the States because you are killing innocent life for no reason.
My point is Abortion should be for a legitimate medical reason under the care of a Physician in a Licensed Hospital.
I do not ride the fence and try and rationalize life and death decisions. That is what people like you do to feel better about yourself.
How, pray tell, do you have the slightest idea what "people like me" do to feel better about ourselves?
Nobody's "killing innocent life for no reason."
If you truly believe that, then the only conclusion I can come to is that you're an idiot.

Pro-Choice folks are not some group of blood-thirsty zombie-like, slavering people who rejoice every time a woman undergoes an abortion.
Conservatives like to portray themselves as people who want the least amount of governmental intrusion into their personal lives as possible.
With regards to sex and sexuality, it seems as though Conservatives can't get enough governmental intrusion.

This is precise what Pro-Choice folks find objectionable.

Are you getting any of this, at least, peripherally...?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#326008 Jul 27, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?!?!?!?
Scratching head...
Does this make sense to ANYONE else?
Are complete sentences forbidden where you come from?
Seriously, if your goal is to make a point, you'd do better with a well-reasoned argument than this mish-mash approach you're currently employing...
Actually John, I'm surprised you haven't been able to figure this one out yet.
This person is not pro-life. This person is pro-choice. Do you want to know why I know this? It's because this pro-choice guy/gal is doing his/her best to make a pro-life person look really, really stupid. No, this "pro-life" person does not make any sense. I don't read their posts anymore because of it. This person wants everyone to think they're stupid, when in actual fact, this supposed "pro-life" person is a genius in regards to their 'true' stance.
Bravo "Forum"!
I think I will go on another hot topic forum, and proclaim I'm a total anti-vaxxer, when in actual fact, I'm very pro. I will make myself look very stupid, I won't be able to be reasoned with, and I will use "vaccines cause Autism" as my main view point. I will misspell words, I will text talk, and I will make it hard for a pro-vaccine person to understand me, forcing them to write me off as being a complete moron.(as pretty much all anti-vaxxers are) That will be my goal. The pro-vaccine side won't see this right away, and it will be frustrating, but eventually I will be chalked up to being an idiot, which will again, be my goal! Anti vaxxers are idiots, and I will happily be an example of that!
Thank you "Forum" for this new approach on getting my opinion across through demonstrating stupidity on the side I don't agree with. You're a freakin genius.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#326009 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I suspect they are such an avid texter that they can no longer write actual english. Of course, they don't appear to have anything to say anyway, so I've been ignoring them. This latest example of dumb-code appears to reference Ecclesiastes.
<quoted text>
In case you scroll past comments not directed at you, I will repeat what I said to John. You're welcome

This person is not pro-life. This person is pro-choice. Do you want to know why I know this? It's because this pro-choice guy/gal is doing his/her best to make a pro-life person look really, really stupid. No, this "pro-life" person does not make any sense. I don't read their posts anymore because of it. This person wants everyone to think they're stupid, when in actual fact, this supposed "pro-life" person is a genius in regards to their 'true' stance.

Bravo "Forum"!

I think I will go on another hot topic forum, and proclaim I'm a total anti-vaxxer, when in actual fact, I'm very pro. I will make myself look very stupid, I won't be able to be reasoned with, and I will use "vaccines cause Autism" as my main view point. I will misspell words, I will text talk, and I will make it hard for a pro-vaccine person to understand me, forcing them to write me off as being a complete moron.(as pretty much all anti-vaxxers are) That will be my goal. The pro-vaccine side won't see this right away, and it will be frustrating, but eventually I will be chalked up to being an idiot, which will again, be my goal! Anti vaxxers are idiots, and I will happily be an example of that!

Thank you "Forum" for this new approach on getting my opinion across through demonstrating stupidity on the side I don't agree with. You're a freakin genius.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#326010 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Do you ever read anything but bumper stickers?
The Hobby Lobby ruling shows Obamacare fatally flawed. Delay, defund and repeal. Even Obama supports delay until after the elections to give the Democrats a hope and a prayer.

You haven't seen the worse of Obamacare.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#326011 Jul 27, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
... hot topic forum, and proclaim I'm a total anti-vaxxer, when in actual fact, I'm very pro. I will make myself look very stupid, I won't be able to be reasoned with, and I will use "vaccines cause Autism" as my main view point. I will misspell words, I will text talk, and I will make it hard for a pro-vaccine person to understand me, forcing them to write me off as being a complete moron.(as pretty much all anti-vaxxers are) That will be my goal. The pro-vaccine side won't see this right away, and it will be frustrating, but eventually I will be chalked up to being an idiot, which will again, be my goal! Anti vaxxers are idiots, and I will happily be an example of that! Thank you "Forum" for this new approach on getting my opinion across through demonstrating stupidity on the side I don't agree with. You're a freakin genius.
Good point, I'm pro GMO, pro vaccine and believe OrganicŪ is too expensive; superstition is for the irrational.

I don't agree with everything you write but I defend your right to say it and heartily endorse your support of vaccination science.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326013 Jul 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
BTW - the intrusion of Government in our lives is all over this......they are making it legal to murder their own citizens.
It's literally the OPPOSITE of government intrusion.

And citizenship isn't given until birth, so you're wrong there too.

Location hidden

#326015 Jul 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So murdering a baby a few days before the child is born is not intrusion?
You can't tell the difference between a woman and her doctor...and the government?
SevenTee wrote:
I really do not care for weak minded people such as you. You are a filthy liar
I'm neither weak minded nor a liar. You're the one who thinks the government staying away from a subject is government intrusion.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#326016 Jul 27, 2014
The_Box wrote:
It's literally the OPPOSITE of government intrusion. And citizenship isn't given until birth, so you're wrong there too.
And how is forcing employers to pay for their employee's birth control and abortion, not government intrusion? Why can't I choose to work for an employer that shares my values without government dictating what kind of health insurance I buy?

Location hidden

#326017 Jul 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
And how is forcing employers to pay for their employee's birth control and abortion, not government intrusion?
Healthcare coverage mandates are a form of government intrusion. Employers aren't forced to pay for any abortions, however.
Brian_G wrote:
Why can't I choose to work for an employer that shares my values without government dictating what kind of health insurance I buy?
You can work for whatever employer you like. And you don't have to use any medications you don't want to.

The government is trying to make sure everyone has access to good healthcare coverage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,684,318
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 12,058
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Like your package 35,359
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web