Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310965 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325912 Jul 16, 2014
Abortion is legal:
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because what could be better for a woman than knowing that she will have to just live with the rape itself and have a daily reminder of the rape, and take on the risks of carrying her rapist's spawn, and bearing her rapist's child? Really, what could make a woman happier, and make her life better, than that? And gee, if she keeps the kid, she's LEGALLY BOUND to her rapist for at least 18 years.
Whether she keeps the child or not, she's not legally bound to her rapist. Perhaps the rapist will be financial bound for child support payments (I hope so) but there is no bond between a rapist and the victim even if she keeps the child. If she gives the child up for adoption, the rapist has no rights and if she keeps it,

cpeter1313 wrote:
Eat it, moron.
Keeping the child or putting the child up for adoption is choice too. Most parents discover children are a blessing.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325913 Jul 16, 2014
I won't condemn a woman for keeping a child spawn from a rapist. I'd commend her instead; I love life more than you love death.

Hamas is dedicated to destroying Israel. They aren't a legitimate peace partner.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#325914 Jul 16, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Her offspring didn't commit a crime by being conceived at that time. It's natural. It is the process of life. You act like someone is enslaving her by being a woman. Like she's a victim of being a woman."
No, that is your misperception. Pregnancy is a natural state, I'll agree. Then, so is spontaneous abortion. You are trying to enslave women to unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies by trying to deny them safe, legal, and monitored induced abortion. Her offspring didn't ask to be conceived, has no clue its been conceived, and by the 9th gestational week (when most abortions are induced), has no idea its development has ended. No crime has been committed by the woman, either, by having sex, getting pregnant, and deciding to gestate and raise, gestate and relinquish, or induce abortion. Yet you certainly discriminate against same until their thoughts become lockstep with yours.

To answer your last question, woman finding out she's pregnant at 8mos along (36wks), terminating the pregnancy would equal delivery. Leave it to you to overlook the medical definition of abortion - pregnancy ending prior to term. Thirty-six weeks is considered term.
You misunderstand. She does not want the child, whether to raise herself or to put up for adoption. She wants the pregnancy terminated and the unwanted parasite DEAD, viable or not.
So what do you tell her huh ? And I don't want to hear what her current legal rights are. I want to hear what you believe they SHOULD be.
So go ahead.....tell us what you would tell her.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#325915 Jul 16, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't pointed out anything other than your inability to understand Roe v Wade gave individual states the right to restrict induced abortion following viability *if it chooses* to do so.
Inability to understand ?!? I'm the one that said 40+ states CHOSE to do so. Do you even read or do you just forge ahead and post whatever you want regardless of what anyone says ?

I agree with this, letting states determine restrictions following viability rather than being federally mandated to restrict or not restrict at all.
Oh I see, you don't have the guts to say what you personally believe so you'll only admit to agreeing to leave the decision to the states huh ?
Tell us now. Do you believe that states should or should not restrict abortions at all post-viability ?
Somehow you've stretched it to insist it means I can't possibly support a woman's civil right to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. None of us has civil rights to FULL personal privacy and bodily autonomy. All rights come with limits. For some reason you chide me for agreeing with having limits.
You can stop using that as your out, coward. The only reason we don't have FULL personal privacy and bodily autonomy is due to the impact full personal autonomy might have on the rights of others. No such potential impact exists with abortion and the fetus, whether pre or post viability.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325916 Jul 16, 2014
Rapists have actually retained parental rights in some cases, so she may well have to have contact from time to time. Aborting eliminates ALL the risks involved.
Brian_G wrote:
Abortion is legal:
<quoted text>Whether she keeps the child or not, she's not legally bound to her rapist. Perhaps the rapist will be financial bound for child support payments (I hope so) but there is no bond between a rapist and the victim even if she keeps the child. If she gives the child up for adoption, the rapist has no rights and if she keeps it,
<quoted text>Keeping the child or putting the child up for adoption is choice too. Most parents discover children are a blessing.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#325917 Jul 16, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Rapists have actually retained parental rights in some cases, so she may well have to have contact from time to time. Aborting eliminates ALL the risks involved.
<quoted text>
Peter, I would further add that her body image was altered by the rapist. Nine months of an unwanted burden coupled with the rigors of pregnancy would be unimaginable.

That may also be one of the reasons that some PL'ers make exception for rape. There are even quite a few, bless their hearts, that grudgingly agree that maternal health matters.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325918 Jul 17, 2014
Prove it, provide a citation of a violent rapist given custody.

The facts are conservative, but encouraging women to murder their own unborn children isn't liberal.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325920 Jul 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Prove it, provide a citation of a violent rapist given custody.
The facts are conservative, but encouraging women to murder their own unborn children isn't liberal.
All rape is violence, idiot.

Therefore, ALL rapists who are given custody of their children are violent rapists given custody of their children. Perhaps even other people's children.

Interesting, what you support, in the name of "life"

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#325921 Jul 17, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>All rape is violence, idiot.
Therefore, ALL rapists who are given custody of their children are violent rapists given custody of their children. Perhaps even other people's children.
Interesting, what you support, in the name of "life"
NAP! Get with the program. Only consensual sex results in a pregnancy. I thought everyone knew that... Geesh!

Women (and men) are loathe to report being raped. I wonder why? Not. There's still a stigma attached, no matter how progressive our country.

I think some on the PL side believe that unless a rapist is tried and convicted, a rape did not occur. It was just "rough fun" or some other such idiotic nonsense.

Are there women that claim to be raped that were not? Probably. Kinda like buyer's remorse. But those numbers pale in comparison to the numbers of the legitimate cases of rape that occur daily.

I find it disheartening that some believe that a woman (or man) who doesn't fight back (for fear of her/his life), was just asking for it and therefore "consenting".
Never Understand

Beverly, MA

#325922 Jul 17, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
NAP! Get with the program. Only consensual sex results in a pregnancy. I thought everyone knew that... Geesh!
Women (and men) are loathe to report being raped. I wonder why? Not. There's still a stigma attached, no matter how progressive our country.
I think some on the PL side believe that unless a rapist is tried and convicted, a rape did not occur. It was just "rough fun" or some other such idiotic nonsense.
Are there women that claim to be raped that were not? Probably. Kinda like buyer's remorse. But those numbers pale in comparison to the numbers of the legitimate cases of rape that occur daily.
I find it disheartening that some believe that a woman (or man) who doesn't fight back (for fear of her/his life), was just asking for it and therefore "consenting".
They will never understand their own illogical thinking and behavior. It is disheartening and sad.

And folks who think like this hold positions of power! even more disturbing!

Indianapolis

#325926 Jul 17, 2014
Sorry, but you're the one lying. Pain reception requires awareness, and awareness requires a functional forebrain. The forebrain does not even begin to develop until midway in the 6th month of gestation Even a newborn has only a limited ability to feel pain.

The woman (not a mother unless she has already had kids) usually does NOT suffer. I know it's comforting to the PLM to think that women suffer but the FACT is that most women don't. And no, there is no lifelong physical pain--something that cannot be said about childbirth.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making up lies. The unborn child feels pain and suffers, so does an infant baby.
Not to mention the serious emotional and physical pain that the Mother who has an abortion feels for the rest of her life.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325927 Jul 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^GEMA censors your link, I don't watch television; what's your point? More empty childish insult or do you mean Dual Income No Kids?
The King is dead,
Long live the King.
lvis is not a King.
Lzzie

Allentown, PA

#325928 Jul 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
"Slight risk" my ass. LOOK at the skull; it's malformed and shows a distinct lack of symmetry. The right eye is clearly undeveloped or missing; the cranium appears to be collapsed. It correlates sharply with anencephalic fetuses, none of which live more than a few weeks after birth. You know what the real tragedy of anencephalacy is? They cry, non-stop, because they can't be comforted. They only stop when they have exhausted themselves. And, of course, when they die.
<quoted text>
You and your lesbian friends are as always wrong. You have no understanding of the human condition.

Don't you think you perverts have created enough problems for decent people and the unborn children you want slaughtered.

Please stop your selfish ways and respect the right to life.
Thank you

Indianapolis

#325929 Jul 18, 2014
I have no idea how many women on here are lesbians, if any, and it would be irrelevant anyway. The "human condition" is as trite and meaningless a cliche as possible. We're ALL human, and or "conditions" vary from human to human. Many lesbians, btw, do bear children, when they CHOOSE to.

"Decent people"? Like you? If you're decent, the word is meaningless. We're bnot the ones trying to force women to do as WE want; we're trying to ensure they can do what THEY want about THEIR pregnancy.

You know what's selfish? Having a kid you don't want, or one you cannot raise properly.
Lzzie wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your lesbian friends are as always wrong. You have no understanding of the human condition.
Don't you think you perverts have created enough problems for decent people and the unborn children you want slaughtered.
Please stop your selfish ways and respect the right to life.
Thank you

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325931 Jul 18, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
All rape is violence, idiot. Therefore, ALL rapists who are given custody of their children are violent rapists given custody of their children. Perhaps even other people's children. Interesting, what you support, in the name of "life"
Earlier you wrote "A raped woman has been sufficiently punished for having sex,", glad you learned the difference between sex and rape. Now, I'm still waiting the citation for a rapist given custody of his child...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325932 Jul 18, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
You just want more children for your church to fondle and abuse.
I don't defame churches or religions; this is where we differ.

Obama wants more children to cross our borders; he doesn't care if they are trafficked as long as he can count them as future Democrat voters.

feces for jesus wrote:
You've talked about adoption on topix for 5+ years. How many have you adopted ?? O are you all bark with no bite, little doggy?
Why can't you understand the concept of "ad hominem"? It doesn't matter to the argument, if the proponent has adopted 50 children or none. Reason implies the ability to focus on the argument, not childish name calling, will you learn? Encouraging mothers to murder their own children is bad, the parental status of the proponent, birth, lineage or your evaluation of character are not germane.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#325934 Jul 18, 2014
[
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Earlier you wrote "A raped woman has been sufficiently punished for having sex,", glad you learned the difference between sex and rape. Now, I'm still waiting the citation for a rapist given custody of his child...
Check my links on this page, youstupidf@!k

...... and go blame victims of pedophilie priests for being molested some more, you coward.
United States

#325935 Jul 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making up lies. The unborn child feels pain and suffers, so does an infant baby.
Not to mention the serious emotional and physical pain that the Mother who has an abortion feels for the rest of her life.
There are lots of kids crossing the border. Not as many as have been aborted since Roe vs Wade has been the law of the land.

So why don't all you folks who cry about the unborn, do something compassionate and offer to take in some kids running away from poverty and violence?

What's that? Yep, crickets.

That is all I ever hear from the Right to Lifers when they could actually DO something.

Central American Children feel all kinds of physical pain and emotional anguish.

So where is your compassion for these kids?

What are you going to do about it?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325937 Jul 18, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,life begins at conception. What does BIRTH have to do with conception?

Our due date is a guestimate. Many women give birth earlier and some past their due date.
If life begins at conception, then why is it that you can only guesstimate when life begins?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325938 Jul 18, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I have no idea how many women on here are lesbians, if any, and it would be irrelevant anyway. The "human condition" is as trite and meaningless a cliche as possible. We're ALL human, and or "conditions" vary from human to human. Many lesbians, btw, do bear children, when they CHOOSE to.
"Decent people"? Like you? If you're decent, the word is meaningless. We're bnot the ones trying to force women to do as WE want; we're trying to ensure they can do what THEY want about THEIR pregnancy.
You know what's selfish? Having a kid you don't want, or one you cannot raise properly.
<quoted text>
That is why thr r laws.
W r rsponsibl for our offspring.
Th y blong to us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Knowledge- 254,890
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 44 min IB DaMann 9,542
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web