Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Kent, WA

#325891 Jul 15, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not necessarily logical but it is definitely consistent. Consistent that is if the basis for your support of abortion rights is the fact that women should have FULL and COMPLETE personal autonomy.
<quoted text>
Of course it does. It removes one of the choices available to her after viability while the fetus is still in HER body. She no longer has the right to electively abort in the absence of any health or life risk, or severe fetal abnormality. In that respect of course it restricts her FULL personal autonomy.
<quoted text>
And more than 40 have chosen to do so.....in plain English.
<quoted text>
Nope, not COMPLETE bodily autonomy. If she did then she'd be able to electively abort after viability, in the absence of any health/life risk......for ANY reason.
<quoted text>
And if it isn't affected...?
<quoted text>
Fail to see it ? I'M the one that pointed it out !!! What's wrong with you ?
<quoted text>
I never said it was better, it was worse, or it was on a par with anything. I merely said if you support restrictions post viability, as RvW allows, then you DO NOT support a woman's right to FULL personal autonomy. And you DON'T.
Moreover, I support contraception use. Be careful who you lump together.
<quoted text>
Why should I study up on that ? What does that have to do with the fact that you don't support a woman's right to FULL personal autonomy ?
You haven't pointed out anything other than your inability to understand Roe v Wade gave individual states the right to restrict induced abortion following viability *if it chooses* to do so. I agree with this, letting states determine restrictions following viability rather than being federally mandated to restrict or not restrict at all.

Somehow you've stretched it to insist it means I can't possibly support a woman's civil right to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. None of us has civil rights to FULL personal privacy and bodily autonomy. All rights come with limits. For some reason you chide me for agreeing with having limits.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325892 Jul 15, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Her offspring didn't commit a crime by being conceived at that time. It's natural. It is the process of life. You act like someone is enslaving her by being a woman. Like she's a victim of being a woman."
No, that is your misperception. Pregnancy is a natural state, I'll agree. Then, so is spontaneous abortion. You are trying to enslave women to unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies by trying to deny them safe, legal, and monitored induced abortion. Her offspring didn't ask to be conceived, has no clue its been conceived, and by the 9th gestational week (when most abortions are induced), has no idea its development has ended. No crime has been committed by the woman, either, by having sex, getting pregnant, and deciding to gestate and raise, gestate and relinquish, or induce abortion. Yet you certainly discriminate against same until their thoughts become lockstep with yours.
To answer your last question, woman finding out she's pregnant at 8mos along (36wks), terminating the pregnancy would equal delivery. Leave it to you to overlook the medical definition of abortion - pregnancy ending prior to term. Thirty-six weeks is considered term.
So you agree that pregnancy is a natural state,then why and how can the conception of your child/offspring that YOU co-operated in creating,enslave you?

Of course a spontaneous abortion is natural. Although many times it is not. What does that have to do with anything?

""""" "You are trying to enslave women to unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies by trying to deny them safe, legal, and monitored induced abortion""" """

I didnt hold a gun to a womans head and make her have sex while fertile so don't dare accuse me of "trying to enslave" anyone. IF you feel enslaved by owning woman organs that help produce your own flesh and blood,then that's your deal. SEX LEADS TO PREGNANCY WHILE FERTILE. YOUR BODY IS DESIGNED TO PROCREATE. Rip your woman parts out and screw your brains out if you feel womanhood enslaves you.

An 8 month old woman might not want to have her child and so killing him/her would be her solution.Do you have a problem with that? Yes or no?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325893 Jul 15, 2014
Do YOU know anything about following a fu**ing conversation? The discussion was about whether a fetus should be aborted if it was shown to have a serious health issue, whether it is okay to terminate it before it is sentient enough to suffer or if it should be born (regardless of the woman's opinion) and suffer. I think it's cruel to make a born child suffer just because Bri-bri worships fetuses.

I know the facts of life quite well, which is why i know a fetus is not a baby.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Wait a second here. You are talking about a human who is suffering while dying and not one who is just unwanted while in utero. Denying the womb and deliberately killing the one in utero has nothing to do with withholding extra-ordinarty means of life support for a terminal one(that is born).
The human in the womb or out of the womb,exists. Conception means that a new life has been made. Gestation of that new life doesn't equal a potential life.
What is wrong with you? Do you know anything about the facts of life?

Indianapolis

#325894 Jul 15, 2014
Getting pregnant will possibly lead to abortion. Fact of life.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Having sex while ovulating will possibly lead to pregnancy. Fact of life.
Don't want to conceive your offspring/child,then don't have sex while fertile. If you have sex anyway,then a possible conception might take place which means you HAVE your existing,developing child located inside of you beginning at point a,that will travel to point b,and eventually to point c.......where that child will continue to use your body(breast feeding)for survival while they continue to develop and mature throughout their many stages of life.
Check it!
Done!

Indianapolis

#325895 Jul 15, 2014
Dominus vobiscum..,Pax vobiscum...Dominic's got all the dominoes...

Been a while since I've been to Mass...:)
Junket wrote:
Peter, if I did turn the hose on that one - I suspect would hear:
I'm melting, melting, m-e-l-t---i-n-g.
(JM, you are a total horror show on two cloven hooves. I could not care less what you think of me. I will admit though, that your lengthy rants are somewhat entertaining. Peace be with you! Now you should reply, "And also with you!" And we can call it a day, doncha think.)

Indianapolis

#325896 Jul 15, 2014
I've decided I want to live with David Tennant...but he and his wife may disagree.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Rachel....Peter....ANYONE...pl easeeeeeeee side with me...hurryyyyyy.....I need attention...positive attention.....ANY attention but not truth...
Sweet Junket(btw I saw Junket in the supermarket the other day and thought of you haha) you can escape me if you practiced self-control but you can't escape truth. It will always be there,lurking when you least expect it and it will level your emotions/conscience every single time. Truth will set you free. Living in the darkness gets lonely and anyone who shines light on you(of truth)will aggitate you. Why? Because you will see the light of truth and it is something that your master puppetier doesn't like you to see.
The truth can't live with a lie. It's not that won't,it simply can't. Open your heart and mind and decide which you want to live with.
katie

Kent, WA

#325897 Jul 15, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> So you agree that pregnancy is a natural state,then why and how can the conception of your child/offspring that YOU co-operated in creating,enslave you?
Of course a spontaneous abortion is natural. Although many times it is not. What does that have to do with anything?
""""" "You are trying to enslave women to unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies by trying to deny them safe, legal, and monitored induced abortion""" """
I didnt hold a gun to a womans head and make her have sex while fertile so don't dare accuse me of "trying to enslave" anyone. IF you feel enslaved by owning woman organs that help produce your own flesh and blood,then that's your deal. SEX LEADS TO PREGNANCY WHILE FERTILE. YOUR BODY IS DESIGNED TO PROCREATE. Rip your woman parts out and screw your brains out if you feel womanhood enslaves you.
An 8 month old woman might not want to have her child and so killing him/her would be her solution.Do you have a problem with that? Yes or no?
Pregnancy and spontaneous abortion are natural states, we agree. Neither is always a healthy state, though. In fact pregnancy and/or spontaneous abortion can be downright deadly. Denying women the option of induced abortion *is akin* to "holding a gun to woman's head" and is a definite attempt at trying to enslave her to her reproductive system. This isn't the Middle Ages, JM. Humanity has improved its science and understanding of how the female body works and performs.

As Bitner used to say, nobody is legally liable to allow another the use of their internal organs and body functions even if they were the cause of the ailment. Your argument that consent to sex equals consent to pregnancy still doesn't fly.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325899 Jul 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Do YOU know anything about following a fu**ing conversation? The discussion was about whether a fetus should be aborted if it was shown to have a serious health issue, whether it is okay to terminate it before it is sentient enough to suffer or if it should be born (regardless of the woman's opinion) and suffer. I think it's cruel to make a born child suffer just because Bri-bri worships fetuses.
I know the facts of life quite well, which is why i know a fetus is not a baby.
<quoted text>
So a late term fetus is better off suffering a deliberate,inhumane death in the womb vs suffering after birth?

Go look up the definition of baby. Among other things,it is your young one. Your offspring. Your child.

My son and daughter were present in the womb. I saw them move,grow and even urinate. I couldn've found out their sex but chose not to until birth. They were then,and are now,my baby.

FTR,fighting for the right to life doesn't make one a worshipper of that human. You can be so very silly Peter.

You fight for the rights of homosexuals,so shall we call you homo-worshippers?
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325900 Jul 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Getting pregnant will possibly lead to abortion. Fact of life.
<quoted text>
Giving birth will possibly lead to someone putting a bullet thru your head,or raped or robbed. Fact of life.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325901 Jul 15, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Pregnancy and spontaneous abortion are natural states, we agree. Neither is always a healthy state, though. In fact pregnancy and/or spontaneous abortion can be downright deadly. Denying women the option of induced abortion *is akin* to "holding a gun to woman's head" and is a definite attempt at trying to enslave her to her reproductive system. This isn't the Middle Ages, JM. Humanity has improved its science and understanding of how the female body works and performs.
As Bitner used to say, nobody is legally liable to allow another the use of their internal organs and body functions even if they were the cause of the ailment. Your argument that consent to sex equals consent to pregnancy still doesn't fly.
After viability a baby can be delivered safely via c-section, he or she doesn't have to be torn apart and mutualated in the process.

""""Denyin g women the option of induced abortion *is akin* to "holding a gun to woman's head" and is a definite attempt at trying to enslave her to her reproductive system"""" "

Your opinion only.

Her child is not her "system". Her biological,developing child is located inside her body. NOBODY forced that baby there. YES,pregnancy can be dangerous but you feel that killing the child is the only solution to save mom and that is not true.

""""" "As Bitner used to say"""" "

Nobody cares what she said or say regarding her warped opinion.. She is a prodeath extremist.

""""" """nobody is legally liable to allow another the use of their internal organs and body functions even if they were the cause of the ailment.""" """"

Yes,I know abortion is legal. We are not discussing legalized killing as law. We are discussing your silly assertion that women are slaves to their womanhood. Women are NOT victims Katie. They do have brains. We all know that sex leads to pregnancy. If you don't want a child,don't conceive one,but if you have,then your biological child resides inside of your body. After birth,they reside still in your care,even using your breast for food while you house them. STILL don't want them,give them up for adoption. Killing is a crime against humanity.

""""" "" Your argument that consent to sex equals consent to pregnancy still doesn't fly"""" """""

Tell that to Playa who is judging her ex-husband for deciding that he didn't want to father children after all. He just happened to decide after the birth of his offsprings. Can you imagine the nerve of a pro-choice person FORCING a man to pay and father his unwanted children?
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325902 Jul 15, 2014
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/07/09/mom-who-ki...

Mom; "I just didn't want him" so I killed him

Proaborts; "I just didn't want him/her so I payed a legalized hitman to kill him"

Freakin demon pyscho's.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325903 Jul 15, 2014
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/07/15/woman-39-w...

39 WEEKS PREGNANT gets aborted because a slight risk of being disabled.

Take a look at this baby in utero on 4D.

Yep,he deserved to die because he might be disabled. What's next? Killing born disabled to because we wouldn't want them to live.@@
katie

Kent, WA

#325904 Jul 15, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> After viability a baby can be delivered safely via c-section, he or she doesn't have to be torn apart and mutualated in the process.
""""Denyin g women the option of induced abortion *is akin* to "holding a gun to woman's head" and is a definite attempt at trying to enslave her to her reproductive system"""" "
Your opinion only.
Her child is not her "system". Her biological,developing child is located inside her body. NOBODY forced that baby there. YES,pregnancy can be dangerous but you feel that killing the child is the only solution to save mom and that is not true.
""""" "As Bitner used to say"""" "
Nobody cares what she said or say regarding her warped opinion.. She is a prodeath extremist.
""""" """nobody is legally liable to allow another the use of their internal organs and body functions even if they were the cause of the ailment.""" """"
Yes,I know abortion is legal. We are not discussing legalized killing as law. We are discussing your silly assertion that women are slaves to their womanhood. Women are NOT victims Katie. They do have brains. We all know that sex leads to pregnancy. If you don't want a child,don't conceive one,but if you have,then your biological child resides inside of your body. After birth,they reside still in your care,even using your breast for food while you house them. STILL don't want them,give them up for adoption. Killing is a crime against humanity.
""""" "" Your argument that consent to sex equals consent to pregnancy still doesn't fly"""" """""
Tell that to Playa who is judging her ex-husband for deciding that he didn't want to father children after all. He just happened to decide after the birth of his offsprings. Can you imagine the nerve of a pro-choice person FORCING a man to pay and father his unwanted children?
Let all your ugliness show, JM. C'mon, let it all out Momma! You've already shown you're completely lacking in any type of critical thinking. Listening to you, I'd be forced to believe the only benefit of sex was procreation and we all know that isn't accurate. Btw, it is not a "silly assertion" that you are desperately trying to enslave women to their reproductive systems by denying them the legal, safe option of induced abortion for those dealing with unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies. That is exactly what you're trying to do.

I used to think you'd eventually pull your head outta your a$$ and see the PLM exactly for what it is... but I was wrong. You stand atop that bandwagon begging for your civil rights, not to mention those of your daughters, granddaughters, nieces, cousins, and future female relatives to be taken away. Hell your willing to hand over yours, theirs, and mine with a big fat smile on your face. You think you're a do-gooder. I think you're nothing but a thief, stealing women's civil rights out from them.

Indianapolis

#325905 Jul 15, 2014
Fapping for god...how cute.
BE BORN FROM ABOVE wrote:
America needs to protect life = sinners dont appreciate life = its no longer wrong to run over a pedestrian - your laws are corrupt and AMERICA WILL BE JUDGED = LIFE HAS NO LONGER ANY MEANING TO ANYONE = UNLESS AMERICA REPENTS - AMERICA WILL BE VERY SORRY REAL SOON = SODOM AND GOMMORAH WILL LOOK LIKE GOD WAS KIND TO THEM

Indianapolis

#325906 Jul 15, 2014
Since a late-term fetus is only marginally able to perceive pain at all, it's far better than prolonged suffering after becoming fully sentient. Also, the fetus can be anesthetized, if it makes you feel better.

You saw them urinate but couldn't figure out their gender?

You can perceive YOUR fetuses as you choose; other women have the right to do the same.

I don't worship gays, but that doesn't stop me from getting on my knees at times for service.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> So a late term fetus is better off suffering a deliberate,inhumane death in the womb vs suffering after birth?
Go look up the definition of baby. Among other things,it is your young one. Your offspring. Your child.
My son and daughter were present in the womb. I saw them move,grow and even urinate. I couldn've found out their sex but chose not to until birth. They were then,and are now,my baby.
FTR,fighting for the right to life doesn't make one a worshipper of that human. You can be so very silly Peter.
You fight for the rights of homosexuals,so shall we call you homo-worshippers?

Indianapolis

#325907 Jul 15, 2014
"Slight risk" my ass. LOOK at the skull; it's malformed and shows a distinct lack of symmetry. The right eye is clearly undeveloped or missing; the cranium appears to be collapsed. It correlates sharply with anencephalic fetuses, none of which live more than a few weeks after birth. You know what the real tragedy of anencephalacy is? They cry, non-stop, because they can't be comforted. They only stop when they have exhausted themselves. And, of course, when they die.
Sassyjm wrote:
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/0 7/15/woman-39-weeks-pregnant-h as-abortion-of-disabled-baby/
39 WEEKS PREGNANT gets aborted because a slight risk of being disabled.
Take a look at this baby in utero on 4D.
Yep,he deserved to die because he might be disabled. What's next? Killing born disabled to because we wouldn't want them to live.@@

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#325908 Jul 15, 2014
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
A baby is born whn it is suppose to b born.
It is His will.
http://video.vulture.com/video/Weird-Al-Yanko... Al" Yankovic - Word Crimes

You're welcome!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325909 Jul 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Abortion always kills an unborn human being, I never approve of murder. Even in the case of rape, adoption is a better outcome for all, than abortion.
The King is dead..........and life goes on.

Deal with it.

(Stupid DINK.)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325911 Jul 16, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
The King is dead..........and life goes on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5Y0xWYN0paEXX Deal with it.(Stupid DINK.)
^^^GEMA censors your link, I don't watch television; what's your point? More empty childish insult or do you mean Dual Income No Kids?

The King is dead,
Long live the King.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325912 Jul 16, 2014
Abortion is legal:
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because what could be better for a woman than knowing that she will have to just live with the rape itself and have a daily reminder of the rape, and take on the risks of carrying her rapist's spawn, and bearing her rapist's child? Really, what could make a woman happier, and make her life better, than that? And gee, if she keeps the kid, she's LEGALLY BOUND to her rapist for at least 18 years.
Whether she keeps the child or not, she's not legally bound to her rapist. Perhaps the rapist will be financial bound for child support payments (I hope so) but there is no bond between a rapist and the victim even if she keeps the child. If she gives the child up for adoption, the rapist has no rights and if she keeps it,

cpeter1313 wrote:
Eat it, moron.
Keeping the child or putting the child up for adoption is choice too. Most parents discover children are a blessing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr USAsince1680 1,396,584
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 32,293
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Into The Night 9,892
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ATHEOI 255,568
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web