Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315208 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#325819 Jul 12, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You funny, GF :)
Banana splits then! Lots of popcorn, too. Romantic comedies are good... Hey! Did you hear the rumor Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan were gearing up for another movie? It's still a big maybe far as I can tell, though. Might not be much of a comedy either... sounds serious from what I've read.
On another note, did you notice the poster going by Bitner spelled backward Rentib? Sounds like Knutter to me... Did she ever go by Eitak? Probably not.
Bummer... LOL
Holy Barracuda, Batman! Yep, that name has all the earmarks of a nutter.{Waves to Kniiter!}

Listen up Eitak, it's only a matter of time. You've never seriously upset Knit, but Bit took a bite out of Knut on many occasions. Score: Bitner - 100/Knitter - 0

xoxoxo
katie

Kent, WA

#325820 Jul 12, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Barracuda, Batman! Yep, that name has all the earmarks of a nutter.{Waves to Kniiter!}
Listen up Eitak, it's only a matter of time. You've never seriously upset Knit, but Bit took a bite out of Knut on many occasions. Score: Bitner - 100/Knitter - 0
xoxoxo
Hey, Teknuj, I've an idea on how I can start catching up with Bitner. Please let me know your thoughts, if this is a viable solution or should be aborted.
=======

Raed Rentib,

CP si thgir, CA si gnorw.

CP sevol nemow dna rieht sdik. CP dluow evol ot ees nemow deeccus ni efil. CA? Ton os hcum... Yhw ton dnes sexob fo ybab smeti ot tnatcepxe srehtom ta a lanoitan level?

=======

What do you think? Do I get a point? LOL

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325821 Jul 12, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There are no unborn citizens. The constitution is clear that citizenship is bestowed by birth or naturalization.
Obama to Permit Young Migrants to Remain in U.S.

President Obama speaks in the Rose Garden of the White House on Friday.
By JULIA PRESTON and JOHN H. CUSHMAN Jr.
Published: June 15, 2012

Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants who came to the United States as children will be allowed to remain in the country without fear of deportation and able to work, under an executive action the Obama administration announced on Friday...
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/us-to-st...
If Obama alone is responsible for redefining naturalization for children under 16, bringing thousands upon thousands of children abusing loopholes in our law and leaving a trail of corpses from Tegucigalpa to Texas, then the concept of unborn citizens only waits to foot the bill.

Unborn citizens are pre-citizens, the DREAM act never won the vote in Congress but Obama doesn't care for written law or democratic process. Welcome to Obamaville, where unborn citizens are waiting to pay the bills for the trillion$ this President spends.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325822 Jul 12, 2014
"Brian_G" proving again what the rest of us already know

but Obama doesn't care for written law or democratic process. Welcome to Obamaville, where unborn citizens are waiting to pay the bills for the trillion$ this President spends.

are you really that stupid? I know you are but ,i just had to ask,you conveniently forget the years 2001-2009....why is that? selective amnesia? JPS?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325823 Jul 12, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There are no unborn citizens. The constitution is clear that citizenship is bestowed by birth or naturalization.
<quoted text>
You know, I think that was pretty intentional, too........the rest of it certainly was....

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325824 Jul 12, 2014
I don't shut my mouth during sex...so many parts to work on! But I don't TYPE when having sex, like I do on here.
TOM Pittsfield Mass Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever shut your mouth, other than when you are having sex?

Indianapolis

#325825 Jul 12, 2014
Killing living, sentient beings is okay...just not the non-sentient potential humans leeching off some unwilling woman's body? If you want to see vigilante "justice" become common, a Lot of anti-choicers are going to suffer.

I know you think you're making a point with the Godwin thing, but you really aren't. Sorry
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the term you are looking for is "vigilante justice". When inhumane laws are around people will act appropriately.
I suppose you would not support housing Jews from Nazi soldiers either? After all the big bad government said that the Jews need to be rounded up and sent to a camp.

Indianapolis

#325826 Jul 12, 2014
Still trying to figure out how sleeping with a programmer makes you incapable of typing actual words.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
RN shoul hav a 4 yr kollg training.
Not nough skurity in hospitals.
Unrkovr kops vrywhr.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#325828 Jul 13, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Brian_G" proving again what the rest of us already know [] are you really that stupid? I know you are but ,i just had to ask,you conveniently forget the years 2001-2009....why is that? selective amnesia? JPS?
Obama's responsible for the piles of children's corpses trailing from Tegucigalpa to Texas. We're living in 2014, welcome to Obamaville.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325829 Jul 13, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
But "Who tempted who" , mr chooselife?
Go back to supporting your child molesting church, you inhuman scum.
What is so important about flying to th moon?
Sn thm som mony.

Indianapolis

#325830 Jul 13, 2014
No, he's not. He's simply not. If anyone is, it's the kids' parents--if they even have parents.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's responsible for the piles of children's corpses trailing from Tegucigalpa to Texas. We're living in 2014, welcome to Obamaville.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#325831 Jul 13, 2014
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so important about flying to th moon?
Sn thm som mony.
I don't get this about you, why do you 'write' like a freaking idiot? Do you honestly think that people take you seriously when you 'write' like this?

You can pretend to ignore me, I don't care, the important this is, I know you read this.

Go text talk with people that will actually take the time to read you, and decipher your meaningless crap . I stopped trying to make sense of you ages ago.

Keep up your awesome work by showing people what you believe, because that way they can go the opposite route. If I were on the fence with this issue, you would sure push me over to the pro-choice side. Who wants to side with an idiot?
(the few sentences that I did get from you, I think you're pro-life, but I could be wrong)

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#325832 Jul 13, 2014
You can pretend to ignore me, I don't care, the important thing (not this) is, I know you read this.

edited for the special.... that should read thing, not this. Most people would get that, but I feel I have to make special allowances for you.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#325833 Jul 14, 2014
Junket wrote:
Go get'em Katie! GF, you rock.
I want to revisit the question that is always on JM's alleged mind. Do PC'ers limit choice by advocating a cut-off time frame (viability).
Yes.
This has been asked, answered by a few, and yet continues to come up.
When viability has been reached and there is no danger to the gestating woman or some horrible fetal abnormality - the momma ship has sailed.
I fail to see how anyone with a lick of common sense can not understand the difference between viable and a cluster of forming cells that may or may not come to term.
We DO see the difference. Open your eyes. You can still call yourself pro choice, that is if you define pro choice as supporting a woman's right to all choices pre-viability. It simply depends on how you define it.
Frankly I don't care what you call yourself. But the fact is you do NOT support a woman' right to FULL personal autonomy. It's still her body post viability.

Location hidden

#325834 Jul 14, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AJ :)
For some reason, my first response isn't showing. PCers don't limit choice by advocating restrictions at viability,
Yes they do.
After viability the choice to electively abort in the absence of danger to the mother or severe fetal abnormality, is OFF the table. If you remove choices, you are restricting choices. It doesn't matter when.

Location hidden

#325835 Jul 14, 2014
Junket wrote:
Ice cream would be good, Katie! May I have vanilla with a little caramel sauce, no nuts? Or just plain vanilla. Actually a hot fudge sundae would be nice. Who is paying? Am I paying? If you are paying I want a banana split with all the toppings.
Later can we go to a movie? Are you paying? If that is the case, I want popcorn (you bet, buttered and assaulted) and a super duper sized soda. Action films are nice, but I like romantic comedies the best - just sayin...
Whatever you posted earlier is caught in the "twilight zone". I dislike when that happens, but I've learned it was not meant to be.
Dr. Spin (JM) when she shows up (which she will eventually), will pick ferociously at our (or at least my) posts. Sometimes I just speed read past her "blather". I'm the self-proclaimed something or an other - I forget - it was JM's post and not noteworthy.
Can I have some of that imaginary ice cream ? While I'm eating I can use sketches and diagrams to show how you don't support a woman's right to full personal autonomy.

Now all of a sudden it's not WHERE the human life is ( still in mom ) but WHAT the human life is. Which is what we've been saying all along.
Maybe we ARE closer in position than you really want to believe after all.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#325836 Jul 14, 2014
No ice cream for David today. Sorry pal.

Limiting discretionary abortion to 24 weeks has nothing to do with personal autonomy. It has plenty to do with common sense.

You can certainly pluck an example of a time limit from your intelligent head.

US citizens have more freedom than most, but there are still laws in place to protect us and protect us from others. A post-vi abortion might just as well be considered delivery of a premature neonate. The risks of that procedure far outweigh personal autonomy unless there are compelling factors.(Strictly my opinion.)

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#325837 Jul 14, 2014
Advocating a mother kill her own unborn baby is always wrong unless her life is at stake or it was non consensual, even if your motives are good and you only want individuals to make their own private reproductive decisions. Abortion isn't contraception.

Indianapolis

#325838 Jul 14, 2014
No, it isn't, and nobody said it was. You know what else isn't contraception?
Rhinoplasty
S'mores
The 1984 World Series
Guam
Junk drawers
Mastodons
Wafer-thin mints
The Volga
The Mayan Calendar

Lots and lots of things aren't contraceptives...really. They're still legal choices and actually exist.
Brian_G wrote:
Advocating a mother kill her own unborn baby is always wrong unless her life is at stake or it was non consensual, even if your motives are good and you only want individuals to make their own private reproductive decisions. Abortion isn't contraception.

Location hidden

#325839 Jul 14, 2014
Junket wrote:
No ice cream for David today. Sorry pal.
No harm. It was imaginary anyway.
Limiting discretionary abortion to 24 weeks has nothing to do with personal autonomy.
Of course it does. As long as that fetus resides in and is feeding off it's mother, whether it's viable or not, then it is ALL about that mother's personal autonomy. You may think restrictions after 24 weeks makes "common sense" sense, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that those restrictions are placed on a woman's autonomy.
As skin crawlingly despicable as she is, not a playa is the only one of you who is consistent in the support of a woman's full personal autonomy, at ANY time during pregnancy.
Why don't you ask her why she doesn't see the difference at viability, since as you said, any reasonable intelligent person would ?
It has plenty to do with common sense.
You can certainly pluck an example of a time limit from your intelligent head.
US citizens have more freedom than most, but there are still laws in place to protect us and protect us from others. A post-vi abortion might just as well be considered delivery of a premature neonate. The risks of that procedure far outweigh personal autonomy unless there are compelling factors.(Strictly my opinion.)
Restrictions after viability protect no one. The fetus is a non person with no rights remember ? A woman is still free to assess the risks and choose not to abort.

Your position in support of post viability restrictions recognizes that it is no longer where the fetus resides, but WHAT the fetus is that matters.
On that much we agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 min Into The Night 11,290
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John 1,564,102
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min John 258,471
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web