Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,952
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Red Haired Agnostic”

Since: Jul 14

Manchester

#325689 Jul 5, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that emotion.
I 3rd that emotion.
American Worker

Columbus, IN

#325690 Jul 5, 2014
I am a woman , I feel abortion is murder in so many ways. There are other alternatives such as the morning after pill, birth control, condoms, keeping your legs shut. The potential father gets no say in the future of his child totally up to the mother.I know couples now that were encouraged by a doctor to abort their baby due to the child having spinal issues they didnt even give their daughter a chance to live they terminated it because they didnt want the challanges of a special needs child. I know there is rape and health issues but again there is adoption, the morning after pill.
American Worker

Columbus, IN

#325691 Jul 5, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What does the exact moment of conception mean to what you are talking about? Nobody can tell the exact moment. Perhaps in the future,we can. There are women who find out right away that they are pregnant thanks to technology today depicting signs of early pregnancy where as years ago,we didn't have that luxury. Didn't change ANY facts about the conception and existence of that child. In fact,many women give birth without even knowing that they were pregnant OR in many cases until late in pregnancy due to irregular periods. So?
""""" """"" """"" """"IOW, if life begins at conception; can anyone tell the z/e/f's birth date??"""" """"" "
Oh my goodness. Are you freakin serious? Another proabort who doesn't understand what a BIRTHDAY is. It is the day that you are birthed. Conception is irrelevent.
*sigh* speaking of mind-boggling.
My son was concieved on september 28th 2007, he was born on june 19th, the day the fertlized egg attached to the uterous the baby has a heart beat. I consider myself somewhat an expert because i did invitrofertiliztion twice. My health insurance did not cover it. So I have endometeriosis and I can not have a child without infertilty treatments so where is my right to choose. Hobby Lobby fought against the morning after pill and won , why is this wrong? Health Care providers are not made to help women like me I have to mortgage a house to have a baby , to terminate one on my healthcare plan is a copay of 100 dollars when the deductible of 500 dollars is met. Would be nice if i was given the same options its a double standard.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325692 Jul 5, 2014
You are free to not abort; it's your choice just ass another woman with different beliefs can abort.

When the father can carry the fetus to term, he gets a say; until then, he carries no risk at all.
American Worker wrote:
I am a woman , I feel abortion is murder in so many ways. There are other alternatives such as the morning after pill, birth control, condoms, keeping your legs shut. The potential father gets no say in the future of his child totally up to the mother.I know couples now that were encouraged by a doctor to abort their baby due to the child having spinal issues they didnt even give their daughter a chance to live they terminated it because they didnt want the challanges of a special needs child. I know there is rape and health issues but again there is adoption, the morning after pill.

Indianapolis

#325693 Jul 5, 2014
The conceptus implants between 9-12 days after fertilization; there is no heart at that stage. The heart doesn't begin to form until 5 weeks after fertilization, and doesn't become a truly human, 4-chamber heart until long after.
Not bearing a child is not a health risk; pregnancy is.
American Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
My son was concieved on september 28th 2007, he was born on june 19th, the day the fertlized egg attached to the uterous the baby has a heart beat. I consider myself somewhat an expert because i did invitrofertiliztion twice. My health insurance did not cover it. So I have endometeriosis and I can not have a child without infertilty treatments so where is my right to choose. Hobby Lobby fought against the morning after pill and won , why is this wrong? Health Care providers are not made to help women like me I have to mortgage a house to have a baby , to terminate one on my healthcare plan is a copay of 100 dollars when the deductible of 500 dollars is met. Would be nice if i was given the same options its a double standard.
American Worker

New Albany, IN

#325694 Jul 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You are free to not abort; it's your choice just ass another woman with different beliefs can abort.
When the father can carry the fetus to term, he gets a say; until then, he carries no risk at all.
<quoted text>
sure well level the circumstances is it right Health care has to cover abortions and not infertility? How about lets charge 20k to kill a child and 20k to recieve infertility treatments. Maybe having to mortgage their homes to commit murder would make them think twice about their decision . They have God to answer to not me . I also feel if your going to have an abortion may as well have your uterous removed. This subject burns me up. Men should have a right in the matter as well if he is willing to take responsiblity why kill the child?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325695 Jul 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The conceptus implants between 9-12 days after fertilization; there is no heart at that stage. The heart doesn't begin to form until 5 weeks after fertilization, and doesn't become a truly human, 4-chamber heart until long after.
Not bearing a child is not a health risk; pregnancy is.
<quoted text>
Prgnansy is not a risk, your physian & nursing kar is.
W trust thm.
Jsus might not agr with you.

Indianapolis

#325696 Jul 6, 2014
Your infertility problem is yours; no other woman has to suffer to give you a sense of equity. Pregnancy carries risks; not being pregnant isn't a risk. Doctors treat risks and insurance covers risks.

There are a half-million children out there able to be adopted; what's so frigging holy about your uterus that the child you want has to come from it? If you want to make abortion more difficult to get, then people like you will have to step up and adopt the unwanted offspring. We gays can't adopt them all.

Many women who abort later have wanted children. And how does a man take responsibility for a 9-month pregnancy and all that goes with it?

It's not about you, or men, or ANYONE ELSE but the pregnant woman and her decision.
American Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
sure well level the circumstances is it right Health care has to cover abortions and not infertility? How about lets charge 20k to kill a child and 20k to recieve infertility treatments. Maybe having to mortgage their homes to commit murder would make them think twice about their decision . They have God to answer to not me . I also feel if your going to have an abortion may as well have your uterous removed. This subject burns me up. Men should have a right in the matter as well if he is willing to take responsiblity why kill the child?

Indianapolis

#325697 Jul 6, 2014
Learn to spell, moron. You're not texting.

Jesus is a myth.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Prgnansy is not a risk, your physian & nursing kar is.
W trust thm.
Jsus might not agr with you.

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

our time is limited

#325698 Jul 6, 2014
Long Night Moon 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I 3rd that emotion.
I'm sometimes wrong, but not in this case.

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

our time is limited

#325699 Jul 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Your infertility problem is yours; no other woman has to suffer to give you a sense of equity. Pregnancy carries risks; not being pregnant isn't a risk. Doctors treat risks and insurance covers risks.
There are a half-million children out there able to be adopted; what's so frigging holy about your uterus that the child you want has to come from it? If you want to make abortion more difficult to get, then people like you will have to step up and adopt the unwanted offspring. We gays can't adopt them all.
Many women who abort later have wanted children. And how does a man take responsibility for a 9-month pregnancy and all that goes with it?
It's not about you, or men, or ANYONE ELSE but the pregnant woman and her decision.
<quoted text>
Greetings Peter! I also noticed this snippet:

"now that were encouraged by a doctor to abort their baby due to the child having spinal issues they didnt even give their daughter a chance to live they terminated it because they didnt want the challanges of a special needs child..."

How many special needs children are adopted? For that matter, the OP didn't explore any option for adoption. Instead she lamented the amount of money it cost out of pocket to have her very own, biologically connected baby.

And yet, even after producing the next Einstein, she still seems unhappy. Go figure.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325700 Jul 6, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What? Go home? I'm drunk? is THAT your reply to me because you feel silly after I pointed out that your dead fetus wasn't birthed (hence the reason why they were issued a birth certificate and I was)?
Don't take your frustrations out on me. BIRTH means you were birthed-think HAPPY BIRTHDAY. If you or your child dies while in utero-whether miscarried or abortion,then they will never be birthed UNLESS it is a partial birth abortion.
I am kinda surprised by this kind of ignorance coming from a woman of your age.
..........and you're STILL drunk.

Go home, already, drunkie.

Indianapolis

#325701 Jul 6, 2014
Hey, lady!

I would have to think long and hard whether I could condemn a child to a life of hardship and health problems.
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Peter! I also noticed this snippet:
"now that were encouraged by a doctor to abort their baby due to the child having spinal issues they didnt even give their daughter a chance to live they terminated it because they didnt want the challanges of a special needs child..."
How many special needs children are adopted? For that matter, the OP didn't explore any option for adoption. Instead she lamented the amount of money it cost out of pocket to have her very own, biologically connected baby.
And yet, even after producing the next Einstein, she still seems unhappy. Go figure.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325702 Jul 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Hey, lady!
I would have to think long and hard whether I could condemn a child to a life of hardship and health problems.
<quoted text>
You wouldn't kar if you wr sik. As long as you r aliv.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#325703 Jul 6, 2014
STO wrote:
... Religious beliefs that are false, I might add. Science/biology proves those beliefs to be false....
No, science can't disprove God. Religion is about morality and science can't help us judge morality.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#325704 Jul 6, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
You're that queer who tried to blame children for tempting the pedophile men of your church for molesting them. You know nothing of decency. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0SOT21... http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0SOT21...
Why the gay slur? What do you have against homosexuals?

Who do you think you are writing to? I've never posted on the threads you cited above.

Indianapolis

#325705 Jul 6, 2014
Rhh th';sw nud lkssuy...oemkjdd!
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't kar if you wr sik. As long as you r aliv.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325706 Jul 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Rhh th';sw nud lkssuy...oemkjdd!
<quoted text>
My husband is a programmer.

Indianapolis

#325707 Jul 7, 2014
And....?
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband is a programmer.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#325708 Jul 7, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You omitted "based on religious beliefs"
<quoted text>
Are you not covered because of your employer's religious beliefs?
<quoted text>
Not opinion. It's a fact. There is no pregnancy if there is no implantation.
A fertilized egg does not impregnate the tank it's frozen in.
<quoted text>
We don't have religious freedom in this country when an employer's scientifically false beliefs extend into their employee's health coverage.
sASS claims to be paying $1000 a month for her insurance through her employer. I call BS. Why bother talking with someone so stupid and full of crap?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Bruin For Life 28,359
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,057
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Thinking 232,700
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 min Cowobunga 201,150
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr budd 2,658
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web