Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311002 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325736 Jul 8, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Brian_G" whined.
What have you got against homosexuals?
poor brian,he forgets that he posts against gay marriage,it must be sad to be a homophobic hillbilly....or then again it may be an act....
Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Gay rights are human rights, to live with respect and dignity, not to rewrite marriage law for sex segregation.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325737 Jul 8, 2014
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi CD! How are you doing? Hope you and your family are well! xox
Hi darling!! Doing great. How are you? Still surfing???

xoxoxo

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325738 Jul 8, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What does the exact moment of conception mean to what you are talking about? Nobody can tell the exact moment. Perhaps in the future,we can. There are women who find out right away that they are pregnant thanks to technology today depicting signs of early pregnancy where as years ago,we didn't have that luxury. Didn't change ANY facts about the conception and existence of that child. In fact,many women give birth without even knowing that they were pregnant OR in many cases until late in pregnancy due to irregular periods. So?
""""" """"" """"" """"IOW, if life begins at conception; can anyone tell the z/e/f's birth date??"""" """"" "
Oh my goodness. Are you freakin serious? Another proabort who doesn't understand what a BIRTHDAY is. It is the day that you are birthed. Conception is irrelevent.
*sigh* speaking of mind-boggling.
Are you changing your tune again, dweebiekins? Aren't you one of the many anti-choicers whose favorite argument against abortion and birth control is that "life begins at conception?"

Keep this flippy flopping up, and we'll have to call you Sarah Palin.
Common Sense

Brooklyn, NY

#325739 Jul 8, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Mike"
Abortion is wrong
then as the old saying goes"don't have one" see how easy that is?
It's not easy at all. In fact it would be the ultimate in selfish, self absorbed arrogance to believe that it would be acceptable to simply not have an abortion yourself while human lives around you are still subject to legal termination.
During the period of slavery it would have been selfish louts like you who would have said " Slavery is wrong? Well then don't own one. See how easy that is ?"

Are you also a moron by choice ?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325741 Jul 8, 2014
An ectopic pregnancy is specific term; it is not related to a uterine pregnancy. The latter begins with implantation.

For most of our species's history, life was considered to begin at the first breath; many people still believe that. The medical definition changed because the facts became clearly documented; that's how science works. BTW--science doesn't even address the idea of when life begins, because that's a philosophical question, akin to "when do we truly become human"?) For many people, we start becoming human when the brain develops, and that doesn't proceed until well into the 6th month.
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Without fertilization there is no implantation. Fertilization in man only occurs when male and female gametes fuse, making it the first process resulting into birth. It is already alive before it is implanted. This has nothing to do with religion,nor pregnancy. It has to do with the beginning of a human life,as we know it. An ectopic pregnancy grows outside the uterus,it doesn't implant,is that a pregnancy?
Before the 70's conception was always considered when life begins. Now,"conception" no longer mean"fertilization.” It was redefined to mean implantation of a blastocyst on the uterine wall, typically occurring 1-2 weeks after fertilization. Now you tell me why was it changed,was it a scientific break through? There was no scientific evidence to validate the change,that I know of. Me thinks it was political.

Indianapolis

#325742 Jul 8, 2014
What's arrogant is deciding that pregnant women lose all rights to their own bodies because they happen to get pregnant.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not easy at all. In fact it would be the ultimate in selfish, self absorbed arrogance to believe that it would be acceptable to simply not have an abortion yourself while human lives around you are still subject to legal termination.
During the period of slavery it would have been selfish louts like you who would have said " Slavery is wrong? Well then don't own one. See how easy that is ?"
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325743 Jul 8, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
And....?
<quoted text>
????
3 lttrs r not typing.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325744 Jul 8, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
An ectopic pregnancy is specific term; it is not related to a uterine pregnancy. The latter begins with implantation.
For most of our species's history, life was considered to begin at the first breath; many people still believe that. The medical definition changed because the facts became clearly documented; that's how science works. BTW--science doesn't even address the idea of when life begins, because that's a philosophical question, akin to "when do we truly become human"?) For many people, we start becoming human when the brain develops, and that doesn't proceed until well into the 6th month.
<quoted text>
It bgins whn th gg is frtiliz by th sprm.
Two humans unit to mak a baby.
Problms lik topic prgnanis r probably from taking th pill.
Jsus knw you bfor you wr born.

Indianapolis

#325745 Jul 9, 2014
) Typing is using a keyboard or typewriter to produce words or symbols. There is no minimum number of characters involved.

2) Why the hell do I care if your husband is a programmer?

3) Does screwing a programmer mean you lose the ability to write real words? "lttrs" and "r" are not words.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
????
3 lttrs r not typing.

Indianapolis

#325746 Jul 9, 2014
It must be frigging sad to be illiterate.

YOU can define your pregnancy as you choose, but no one else's.

Thanks to IVF and sperm donation, two people no longer need to unite.

Ectopic pregnancies are the result of damage or malformation of the fallopian tubes. The only contraceptive even tangentially involved with EP's are IUD's, due to their physical function.

Jesus is a myth.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#325747 Jul 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep,Biology is biology. Ethics is ethics. And politics is politics. Each is its separate issue.
The Defining “human” is easy based on the organism cellular genetic makeup. The argument can be made that at the moment of conception, the process is in place for the actualization of a human life. This is biology. An ectopic pregnancy,is still a pregnancy,outside the uterus. It grows,that's why it's so dangerous. I'm not arguing if abortion is right or wrong(ethics),or a women has a right to an abortion(politics).I'm arguing the process of pregnancy.
Always a pleasure to talk to you C.P.,have a good day.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#325749 Jul 9, 2014
I'm sorry I reposted,the website is not as fast as I remember..lol It will probably post some more..
Common Sense

Kansas City, MO

#325750 Jul 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
What's arrogant is deciding that pregnant women lose all rights to their own bodies because they happen to get pregnant.
<quoted text>
Consideration of life, even at the expense of your own rights, is the antithesis of arrogance and the epitome of selflessness. The life that you so cavalierly dismiss as collateral damage in your selfish desire to maintain your right to privacy, you boorish lout.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325751 Jul 9, 2014
"Common Sense"

i"m not a moron,not to sure about you,why do all the anti choicers confuse slavery with abortion?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325752 Jul 9, 2014
"Forum"

looks like somebody should buy some vowels.....and a clue or two

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325753 Jul 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely agree.

It's also immensely arrogant to decree that pregnancy and childbirth are CONSEQUENCES of sex, rather than circumstances rendered possible by sex. Only women become pregnant as a result of having sex - therefore, since it isn't a 'consequence' for men, it isn't one for women, either. It's a random act of happenstance, rendered possible by a specific sex act, not some holy form of divine punishment, as the SCPL would like to claim.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#325754 Jul 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
My mother taught me to mind my own business. She disliked abortion, but never thought it should be illegal.
Premise 1: No homo sapiens may force another party to support them without that party's permission
Premise 2: Biologically speaking, one does not become a member of one's species until one is born alive. Legally speaking, fetuses are not people and have no rights.
Conclusion: Gestation is a personal decision, not an obligation.
<quoted text>
Non sense, it's illegal to abandon your children after they reach a certain age you are forced to care for them. You also need to go back and take biology. You said biologically speaking someone doesn't become a member of a species until born. Member of a species is not a biological classification. It goes King(kingdom) Phillip's(phylum) class(class) of(order) fifty(family) good(genus) soldiers(species). There is no "member" classification in biology. Stop lying to try and make your argument sound smart. You are a liar and ignorant of what people learn in 8th grade biology. You have no right to lecture people about climate change or evolution until you stop lying about what you learn about in 8th grade.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#325755 Jul 9, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Mike"
Abortion is wrong
then as the old saying goes"don't have one" see how easy that is?
Non-sense. I also think stealing is wrong. With your logic I would also have to agree that it should be legal to steal.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325756 Jul 9, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Consideration of life, even at the expense of your own rights, is the antithesis of arrogance and the epitome of selflessness. The life that you so cavalierly dismiss as collateral damage in your selfish desire to maintain your right to privacy, you boorish lout.
Talk to me about "collateral damage" some more, while the same socially conservative Congress-critters who impose draconian restrictions on women's reproductive health options, also repeatedly slash the Federal Budget for every social program out there, INCLUDING those for veterans.

Fucking Hypocrite. Thank GAWD your type of "sense" isn't as common as you'd like to think it is.

Indianapolis

#325757 Jul 9, 2014
Even if we accept your idea, nobody is required to be selfless, and everyone has a right to act in accordance with their own interest. And it's still arrogant to presume women should all act selflessly by your definition.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Jimmy 1,375,327
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min Patrick 254,965
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 hr Earthling-1 9,555
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,248
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web