Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 330540 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325565 Jun 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I will play your game, at what point is a baby a baby?
Remember if you say at the first breath that means you support abortion in the third trimester by partial birth abortion.
Oh boy!!!

and let the dancing begin..........
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325566 Jun 27, 2014
Junket wrote:
ST, it means no such thing. You know or should know by now that "baby" is a slang word. A newborn does typically breathe and exhibits other signs of life.
If those signs are not present, the fetus is termed a still born.
What does that have to do with the very rare 3rd tri abortions? Which, I really shouldn't need to point out, are only done when something tragic is happening or about to happen.
The "fetus" is not still born if it is still alive and attached to the placenta during the 3 trimester abortion(whether still located in or out of the womb/birth canal).

So,......please address this posters question. I personally would like to see you attempt it.

But,....<shrug> I know you better than that,don't I? You like to pretend to play "I ignore this poster" when you are continually backed into a corner left with the truth.

Next...
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325567 Jun 27, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"SevenTee" whined like a bitch
OK I will play your game, at what point is a baby a baby?
Remember if you say at the first breath that means you support abortion in the third trimester by partial birth abortion.
no game idiot,BIRTH...and no it doesn't mean that,why are you forced birthers so !@# stupid.
oh and again its NOT YOUR BUSINESS...esad
A partial BIRTH abortion is just that sillygoose. Birth means that the fetus has left the woman and has entered the next phase of his or her life as a newborn. YOUR baby is YOUR offspring. The fruit of your loin.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325568 Jun 27, 2014
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Googling and posting a couple of jewish phrases doesn't make you jewish. Furthermore, jews pride themselves on education. This idiot is as dumb as they come. He's no jew.
He is typical of a person is makes up his own interpretations of Gods word. He is spoon fed info (misunderstood or misled) and runs with it. He should think 2x before he posts because he is spreading false information. Not very becoming of a man who claims to be a man of the Law. Facts usually go hand in hand with that line of work.

Personally,I find it sad that someone could know so little of their religion. I mean,at least know what your rejecting ...and then..joining.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325569 Jun 27, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
Dear Topix Mods:
By now you've probably noticed I've acknowledged your warning. In addition to doing so, and asides from publicly expressing my appreciation for it, I will also take the opportunity to respond publicly in this forum.
I review the Topix' terms of service often. Needless to say, I reviewed them again prior to this post. I find no language prohibiting, discouraging, or admonishing against offensive posts and/or insults. In fact, the language I found states as follows: "[w]e encourage the free exchange of views and opinions. Try to be interesting. It would be easier on all of us if you were polite. If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix."
In addition, there's language that states: "[y]ou understand and acknowledge that by using Topix, you may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable [emphasis added]."
Absent clarity on what defines "content," it would be reasonable to infer that content is not limited to the subject of any thread, but that it also includes the posts within any given thread. And, begging your pardon for pointing this out, stating "it would be easier on all of us if you were polite[,]" is not, IMHO, an expressed directive, or request, that one be polite.
Be that as it may, I am a "stand-up" guy. It will be my pleasure to tone down my posts a notch or two.
On the other hand, I will not promise that, pursuant to the current language in your terms of service, some of my posts won't be offensive, or contain some insult from time to time, especially if my "adversaries" do not return the "courtesy."
I am confident you will continue to objectively moderate these threads and I thank you all in advance for doing so.
Respectfully,
Conservative Democrat.
This is just....beyond pathetic^^^^

I am speechless.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325570 Jun 27, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no game. The term "baby" is one that it's given to a human being who is capable of breathing on its own. Assuming a normal birth, whether via vaginal delivery, or C-Section, if the head comes out first, the first thing the doc will do will be to suction the nose plugs out, so air can enter the lungs. Many babies are already capable of crying at this time, meaning they can breathe air. And not necessarily be completely out of mommy. Don't be obtuse.
<quoted text>
I do. Especially if the pregnancy threatens the woman's life and/or health, or the "baby" will be so severely disfigured that it will have little to no chance of a fruitful life. No point in birthing a "baby" that could end up dead in days, or perhaps hours.
Either way, the decision isn't mine, or yours. It's the woman giving birth. And there's nothing you can say about it.
Deal with it.
""""" The term "baby" is one that it's given to a human being who is capable of breathing on its own"""" """"" ""

Nope,that is simply YOUR opinion. Speak for yourself then okay?

Oh,but wait,....you told me that you saw your "son and daughter" via ultrasound/sonogram which was before they breathed air once delivered by Dr.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325571 Jun 27, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perceptions of what a zef is may be true enough for you. Not everyone agrees.
By the way, how is "Do not look at the ultrasound" a lie? It's a command. Certainly, no one on the PC side would tell a pregnant woman to look or not look at her own ultrasound. It's her body, after all , and she should be the one making such decisions.
OH! That's right. YOU want to make the decision. Too bad you can't. Don't cry. It's just another in the very long list of disappointments you should be used to by now.
""""" """"Certai nly, no one on the PC side would tell a pregnant woman to look or not look at her own ultrasound""" """"" """"" "

And you have never heard this after having been in every abortion clinic or ob/gyn with every PC???

Oh wait,.....you mean PC as in those who support the woman choice to electively abortion up until the 9th month of pregnancy PC?

""""" """"" """" It's her body, after all , and she should be the one making such decisions.""" """"" "

EXCEPT of course until restrictions are in place,right? Her fetus then is protected from her choices.

Isn't that right,mister "I AM PC and want woman making her own decisions?"

Such hypocrites.
Sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#325572 Jun 27, 2014
Lunch time :)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325573 Jun 27, 2014
Nobody cares abut YOUR opinion or your non-existent deity, but that doesn't shut you up.

You asked if we approved of elective abortions in the 9th month, and I noted my ONLY objection--that the health advantage disappears at that stage. I didn't say she shouldn't, and I sure as hell said nothing about protecting the fetus. Rip the little sucker out; it's not my call, it's the woman's. But the MEDICAL aspects should concern her and her doctor.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? What do you mean by "My only concern is that the risks of abortions are the same...blah blah...". WHO cares what your concern is or isn't? We aren't discussing you.
I just love how you people circle direct questions after viability. You are simply NOT pro-choice if you support restrictions. You are for YOUR choices as to when and why and how. You all claim to support a woman making her own choices regarding HER pregnancy then turn around with these lame brain, cockamaime excuses as to why she suddenly shouldnt. SUDDENLY her little fetus deserves protection?????
Pfft. Consistently inconsistent.
Hey,at least you try to circle,where as STO and others just avoid talking about it by using deflection tactis. Ya simply can't avoid the truth sometimes guys :/

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325574 Jun 27, 2014
You made up your god; it's only fair others get to make up their own interpretations of his supposed word--just like every believer does.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> He is typical of a person is makes up his own interpretations of Gods word. He is spoon fed info (misunderstood or misled) and runs with it. He should think 2x before he posts because he is spreading false information. Not very becoming of a man who claims to be a man of the Law. Facts usually go hand in hand with that line of work.
Personally,I find it sad that someone could know so little of their religion. I mean,at least know what your rejecting ...and then..joining.
Jezeus

United States

#325575 Jun 27, 2014
I am dead Sassy so leave me alone!!!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325576 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Nope, I do not think that "some women get pregnant so they can have an abortion' nor have I ever said that there isn't "any such thing as a life threatening pregnancy".
See this is exactly what I am talking about. You can't debate so you just come up with silly accusations and/or silly rhetoricals. You think something silly and without even hesitating,you post it. Come on STO,let's have a REAL conversation here okay?
AND you refuse to answer direct questions. It's quite frustrating really.
You compared a woman who is considering an abortion to a father who abuses and/or murders his 3 year old and any man who murdered a woman. I suppose we could throw in priests who sodomize 5 year old boys. In any case, I doubt you could bribe the latter not to rape and murder (because they get off on it), whereas the former (the pregnant woman considering abortion) I believe could be easily bribed (at say 1 million dollars) not to abort. In other words, if the woman is getting pregnant for the sole purpose of having an abortion, I doubt you could bribe her not to. Just as I doubt you could bribe a pedophile priest not to sodomize little boys. Money, obviously, is not what they want most in life. That is simply taking your comparison to its logical conclusion.

Don't you think a million dollars is a small price to pay to persuade a woman not to abort? The Catholic Church could afford it. Maybe you could start a collection plate for bribes.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325577 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The "Good Lord" indeed created us. THANK YOU for finally admitting that. Seems like you think that man and woman did...thus having a right to kill their unwanted "mistakes".
*SIGH* you're FINALLY stepping on the right path of truth.
With that said,yes,he "created" us to practice free will. He CLEARLY tells us that he doesn't approve of ALL those choices though. He said that we are either with him or against him. OUR choices in life will determine our eternity which shows that not all of our choices are "of him" meaning that some of those choices go in direct opposition to his will.
Again,like I said before,good luck with meeting your "creator" and telling him that HE created a mistake and that you feel the right to kill one of his creations that he willed to exist before we were conceived in our mothers body..
"He said that we are either with him or against him. OUR choices in life will determine our eternity which shows that not all of our choices are "of him" meaning that some of those choices go in direct opposition to his will."

Good you include yourself. Good you admit you make choices that go in direct opposition to His will.

"you feel the right to kill one of his creations that he willed to exist before we were conceived in our mothers body."

Hogwash. I've never said/posted anything even remotely in the same galaxy.

You want a conversation? Then you gotta listen to the real people that are responding to you. Not the imaginary caricatures you have running around in your head.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#325578 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The "fetus" is not still born if it is still alive and attached to the placenta during the 3 trimester abortion(whether still located in or out of the womb/birth canal).
So,......please address this posters question. I personally would like to see you attempt it.
But,....<shrug> I know you better than that,don't I? You like to pretend to play "I ignore this poster" when you are continually backed into a corner left with the truth.
Next...
JM, you seem to suffer from reading out of context. Happens.{shrug}

I responded appropriately to the question - your reading comprehension is not my fault.{shrug}

I'll be honest with you - while I wish you no harm - I think you are truly vile.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325579 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> REPEAT:
Are you in favor of a woman electively aborting up until the 9th month of her pregnancy?
A simple yes or no will suffice.
TIA
(While you attempt to circle the answer,you are showing your desperation of hiding your true stance). My question would be why,although,I know why and so do you.
I answered your question; I wrote "Sure." Now you're changing your question.

I am not in favor of abortion. I am not in favor of everyone using cannabis, either. But I think both should be legal.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325580 Jun 27, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
JM, you seem to suffer from reading out of context. Happens.{shrug}
I responded appropriately to the question - your reading comprehension is not my fault.{shrug}
I'll be honest with you - while I wish you no harm - I think you are truly vile.
I second that emotion.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325581 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" """"Certai nly, no one on the PC side would tell a pregnant woman to look or not look at her own ultrasound""" """"" """"" "
And you have never heard this after having been in every abortion clinic or ob/gyn with every PC???[QUOTE/]

Oh now, see, that's just stupid on your part. If an ultrasound is available and the woman wants it, then somehow I doubt the medical professional would tell her to look or not to look. In fact, since both have gone through the trouble to set it up, I'd guess the medical professional would expect her to look. One would wonder why the woman would ask for an ultrasound she does not want.????

[QUOTE who="Sassyjm"]<qu oted text>Oh wait,.....you mean PC as in those who support the woman choice to electively abortion up until the 9th month of pregnancy PC?
""""" """"" """" It's her body, after all , and she should be the one making such decisions.""" """"" "
EXCEPT of course until restrictions are in place,right? Her fetus then is protected from her choices.
Isn't that right,mister "I AM PC and want woman making her own decisions?"
Such hypocrites.
Cpeter explained the risks to the woman. Which you ignored.

Doctors generally do not put their patients at unnecessary risk.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325582 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>*deep sigh*

You rejected your Savior Jesus Christ. You know nothing about Judaism other than what you are told or that you googled. Sadly,you obviously knew NOTHING about the religion that you ditched for another quick fix. Your posts prove this consistently.

Fyi, God never condoned divorce. Moses allowed it because of the hardening of hearts which Jesus in Matthew 19 was referring to. He clearly(if you actually read your bible besides googling or repeating what you heard from another anti-christian) says that from the beginning God intended man to leave his mother and father and cling to his wife. Man and woman become ONE flesh. You simply cannot split the number one. Divorce will not do that either.

Let me go further. In the bible,what was meant as divorce was simply that. It does NOT mean that you may remarry. You are ONE in the eyes of God (OT and NT). Remember the woman by the well where she was told that she had ONE husband(not all the others that she married after him?).

Get it?
Blah, blah, blah.

Flush the toilet if you're done.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325583 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> """"" The term "baby" is one that it's given to a human being who is capable of breathing on its own"""" """"" ""
Nope,that is simply YOUR opinion. Speak for yourself then okay?
Just like it's your opinion that what's inside the womb, is a baby; right? Don't be obtuse dimwit. We all post our opinions here.
Sassyjm wrote:
Oh,but wait,....you told me that you saw your "son and daughter" via ultrasound/sonogram which was before they breathed air once delivered by Dr.
Post the link to my post that specifically and expressly states that.

Go on.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325584 Jun 27, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just....beyond pathetic^^^^
I am speechless.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!
Actually, you are confused. Someone who finds something pathetic, doesn't laugh, and certainly isn't speechless.

Someone who finds something pathetic, expresses disgust in other than a silent manner. If you express disgust by laughing, then there's really something wrong with you.

BTW, how's your daughter? Is she still alive? Have you wished her dead, again, lately??

I hope you visited the grave of the husband you drove to his very demise on father's day. Then again, maybe you went to visit cake boss instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Julia 1,707,435
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 12,229
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 35,558
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... 17 hr ScoresPhartse 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web