Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314356 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#325418 Jun 14, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you may choose the Hell you're going to burn in my dear lady "A-J"
This is, naturally, after you're already burning in the prescribed "Christian": Hell that so many fear.
Haven't seen you round these parts of "Mirkwood," or is it "Sherwood," or is it...
Now you've done it; I've gone an forgotten your place 'o punishment!
It's good to "see" you again luv!
:)
JK
Greetings JIK! I've always been intrigued by the burning lake scenario. It's about as good as any other nonsensical tale.

My local newspaper (HC) looked back in time - 1742. I'll sum it up. Women used pennyroyal or savin back then as abortifacients with mixed results. Sometimes the women didn't survive.

For well over 200 hundred years (likely longer), women have sought to terminate their pregnancies. Some just do not survive the attempt.

Some on the "PL" side, would think - good. The temerity to abort - she deserves to die along with her fetus.

As always, the pleasure is mine!
headlinesPhotos

Marietta, GA

#325420 Jun 15, 2014

*ANTICHRIST on world stage -----

http://youtu.be/YK8JdBd-gCY

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325421 Jun 15, 2014
I'll make jokes on any subject I choose, and you can not like it.

Fetuses are not people; they have the potential to become people. And you didn't answer--do you think we could cope with 60 million more people in this country?

Fetuses are not men or women, even though I can see how you'd identify with them, given your arguments. The only woman involved in an abortion is the pregnant one (plus any female medical staff involved).

BTW--it's a convention by the PLM that an equal number of male and female fetuses are aborted, but there is absolutely data confirming that, given that most abortions occur before gender characteristics manifest, and the fact that the people involved aren't particularly interested in such trivia.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one making light jokes of this issue. Regardless of what side of the fence you are on this is no joking matter when 60,000,000+ people have been killed.
Women get murdered by abortion just as often as men. What about the little girl's decision and right to life?
Quit hiding behind your sexist attitudes.
There is another life involved Pal.

Indianapolis

#325422 Jun 15, 2014
As the resident homosexual here, I can state that neither use of the "f" word was homophobic. One use was parenthetical, meaning it was meant to be used ironically, and the other was much in the same fashion, in the character of a non-existent 3rd person showing astonishment and annoyance. Homophobia, like any bigotry, is in the intent, not the vocabulary.

Now, go find something else to whine about; I'll be glad to let you know if I find something objectionable.
Brian_G wrote:

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325424 Jun 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
As the resident homosexual here, I can state that neither use of the "f" word was homophobic. One use was parenthetical, meaning it was meant to be used ironically, and the other was much in the same fashion, in the character of a non-existent 3rd person showing astonishment and annoyance. Homophobia, like any bigotry, is in the intent, not the vocabulary. Now, go find something else to whine about; I'll be glad to let you know if I find something objectionable.
My, what a surprise! Another pro-abortion poster defends another. I'm shocked, shocked to find a defense of repeatedly using a derogatory insult toward homosexuals.

Indianapolis

#325425 Jun 15, 2014
Yeah, I've never heard this before...

In considering it, if my gestation would have harmed or upset my mother, then an abortion would have been absolutely appropriate. See, I loved my mother; why would I want to make her sick or unhappy?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wish you were aborted, I mean you seem to hate life so perhaps you wish you were killed?

Indianapolis

#325426 Jun 15, 2014
Hey, Bri-Bri, I'll decide what I find offensive. And since you aren't gay, you have no idea what is and is not offensive to us.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>My, what a surprise! Another pro-abortion poster defends another. I'm shocked, shocked to find a defense of repeatedly using a derogatory insult toward homosexuals.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325427 Jun 15, 2014
I'm not condemning offense, I'm not offended.

I'm condemning the use of a derogatory terms against homosexuals, cpeter1313 defends it; this is where we differ. I prefer civil discourse without insults focusing on issues. I understand how that might be difficult for pro-abortion supporters, it is very difficult to find good reasons to advocate a mother murder her unborn child. I'm against violence toward other human beings, no matter how old or young they are.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325430 Jun 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
In your world you can believe whatever you wish. When you kill a baby you destroy a baby. People kill / destroy their babies all the time by abortion.
Abortion doesn't kill a baby.
SevenTee wrote:
You can try to be a clever troll if you wish but I am smarter than you so try it on someone else.
ROFLMFAO!!
SevenTee wrote:
I never said I favored abandonment. However there are some who are simply not fit to be good parents. I am a big proponent of adoption over abortion.
Yes there are some who are not fit to be parents. But, who knows who is fit to be parents and who's not until they actually become parents? Do you have a crystal ball to say, with certainty, who is, and who's not, fit to be a parent? Until then, a woman gets to make the decision of whether to carry a pregnancy to term. And if you're not going to do more than just run your "mouth" about it, then STFU!
SevenTee wrote:
Now go try to con some insurance company and get a "settlement" you are a bore.
Yeah, yeah, yeah..

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325431 Jun 16, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't get it do you ? You can support the fact that a woman, or anyone for that matter, retains the right to live their life as they see fit, yet STILL care that they use that right to cause harm to themselves or an unborn life. The two are not mutually exclusive. The fact that you don't care speaks volumes about the lowlife that you really are.
I get it just fine. You support a woman living her right to live her life as she sees fit, as long as her view on living life is in complete congruence with yours. And if she doesn't, then, whether you actually have standing to say something, you're going to call her a murderer, evil, or whatever other word comes to your pathetic mind that will, most emphatically, express your lack of consent (as if you have a right to concede) with her actions.

Face it, b*tch; you only care about people seeing things your way.
Common Sense wrote:
Really ? Tell you what, I've got you pegged as a phony blowhard so I'm going to call your bluff. Yes, I DO need a barf bag and I WOULD like a lifetime supply. 161 St and Grand Concourse. You tell me what time they will be there and I guarantee I'll be there to pick them up.
Meet them at the entrance of Joyce Kilmer Park at 5:00. Are you gonna wear your standard, button down house robe with pink flowers, and rollers on your head? BTW, don't forget your shopping cart... ;-)

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325432 Jun 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be OK with making light jokes of this, I do not think it is one bit funny.
Let me give you a little statistic.....there have been approximately 60,000,000 children killed by Abortion since Roe v Wade.
This means an entire generation of people have been killed in America.
I would like you to try and justify this fact
Cite your source for that statistic. And it better not be lifenews.com

OTOH, giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming arguendo your number is correct, AND assuming only 50%, or 30,000,000 of those "children" grow up to age 18 with their parents on some sort of public assistance, notwithstanding that it costs an average of $241,080.00 to raise a child from birth to age 18, according to CNN ( http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/14/pf/cost-child... ), then we're talking about greater than 7.2 TRILLION $$$ in tax dollars that has not been used to subsidize unwanted pregnancies.

You might be happy about that.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325433 Jun 16, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
When you kill a brain cell it is gone forever.
ST, do try to make a credible argument. If some people are just not fit to be parents, should they continue to propagate? If so, you are a firm believe in nurture over nature - assuming the child is adopted or fostered in a family vetted to be caring. Seems like a gamble. Might work out well, might not.
I stand by my belief that one woman at a time should determine what is best not only for her and her circumstances, but also the unknowing fetus she carries.
Pippy!!!!!!!!!!

ST likes to gamble with human lives. Plain and simple.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325434 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>My, what a surprise! Another pro-abortion poster defends another. I'm shocked, shocked to find a defense of repeatedly using a derogatory insult toward homosexuals.
Are you a homosexual? If not; who are you to say what's offensive to homosexuals and what's not?

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#325436 Jun 16, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Pippy!!!!!!!!!!
ST likes to gamble with human lives. Plain and simple.
HS!!!!!!!!!

So many people spend so much time worrying about the "sinning" of others. That time would be better spent taking personal inventory. Isn't that in the Bible? Glass houses.

The more rabid a religionist, the more likely he/she (mostly he), will feel obligated to destroy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/abortion-cl...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/us/01tiller...
http://www.911memorial.org/faq-about-911

Maybe there isn't a "war on women", but it sure feels like if some had their say, reproductive rights would be considered negotiable. The rich will get richer - the poor will get children.
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325437 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
I get it just fine. You support a woman living her right to live her life as she sees fit, as long as her view on living life is in complete congruence with yours. And if she doesn't, then, whether you actually have standing to say something, you're going to call her a murderer, evil, or whatever other word comes to your pathetic mind that will, most emphatically, express your lack of consent (as if you have a right to concede) with her actions.
Face it, b*tch; you only care about people seeing things your way.
You see....you say you get it but you really don't. We're not talking about me we're talking about YOU. You say you support a woman's right to live her life as she sees fit, yet you care not one iota if she uses that right to hurt herself or the unborn life she carries. My point was you can do both. You can support her right but still exhibit human compassion and feeling and CARE what happens to her. Yet you do NOT care. And that says tons about you, my bigoted friend.
Meet them at the entrance of Joyce Kilmer Park at 5:00. Are you gonna wear your standard, button down house robe with pink flowers, and rollers on your head? BTW, don't forget your shopping cart... ;-)
That works for me. Right by the park fountain just off of 161 St. Is that 5:00 today, tomorrow ? What ? Be specific.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325438 Jun 16, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
HS!!!!!!!!!
So many people spend so much time worrying about the "sinning" of others. That time would be better spent taking personal inventory. Isn't that in the Bible? Glass houses.
The more rabid a religionist, the more likely he/she (mostly he), will feel obligated to destroy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/abortion-cl...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/us/01tiller...
http://www.911memorial.org/faq-about-911
Maybe there isn't a "war on women", but it sure feels like if some had their say, reproductive rights would be considered negotiable. The rich will get richer - the poor will get children.
Very true!

I believe there is a "war on women." And it's not only the RCC that doesn't want women to take birth control pills. There are several "full gospel," "non-denominational" congregations (I call them cults), who also believe it's a "sin" for a woman to avoid pregnancy by means of medication.

And to what none of them will admit, is that all they want to see is pregnancies being carried to term, regardless of the circumstances.

I know you and I share the same view point on this, as did Foo, Lala, CHam, and many of the others who don't post much anymore; we don't care whether a woman aborts. We care they retain the choice TO abort, because not one of these hypocrites will lift a finger to help a woman who would plausibly want to carry the pregnancy to term, but knows better than to do it.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325439 Jun 16, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You see....you say you get it but you really don't. We're not talking about me we're talking about YOU. You say you support a woman's right to live her life as she sees fit, yet you care not one iota if she uses that right to hurt herself or the unborn life she carries. My point was you can do both. You can support her right but still exhibit human compassion and feeling and CARE what happens to her. Yet you do NOT care. And that says tons about you, my bigoted friend.
So you say. I'll explain how it is I do get it. But, before I do, let's get a few points straight.

First, I'm not your friend. Second, I'm not a bigot. Third, I don't care about you.

Now, if you say you really care for people you've not met, who stand a "snowball's chance in hell" of affecting your life in any way, shape, or form, then you're a liar.

If you were to tell me you care that your neighbor's daughter does drugs while pregnant, I can accept that, because obviously you know her, or of her, and somehow, however meager, there is a greater than "the world is a big place" connection between you two. But, if you're going to tell me you care whether a 25 year prostitute in Seattle, the likes of whom you only know because you saw her face on the National Enquirer at your corner store, does drugs while she's pregnant, again, you're a liar.

Do not confuse caring for someone with a basic sense of human kindness. They are NOT the same. Caring for someone goes beyond the mere feeling of empathy or pity. Besides, if you have an iota of sense and the psychological defenses of humans, we all are subject to TWO essential ways in which we deal with adversity and/or fear; fight or flight. I pick and choose which ones I display and when.

If you ask me whether I am not going to get on my step-daughter's case if she drinks alcohol while pregnant, or doesn't take her pre-natal vitamins, and I'll be the first to tell you I'll be on her like stink on shit, IF there is not justifiable cause for her to do either. Although I really won't have to, because her mother and her father being on her case will definitely be enough. But, if you ask me if I care whether your daughter does the same, then the answer is an unequivocal NO.

Do you think I care about the persecution of women in Africa? About the kids that are paraded on TV, who are shown drinking from a mud pit? Hell no. That as a human being it appeals to my sense of human kindness, yes. But, that I care, NO.

People who care do more than just talk about things. They elevate their sense of human kindness to make a difference. In addition, caring is a choice. When it comes to people who will not affect my life in any way, shape, or form, I won't do anything more than express human kindness. When I do a mitzvah, it is on people I can see, talk to, and I do it when I feel compelled to do it. Not because of some stereotype or because it's expected.

Live and let live. As the xtian hypocrites say, "do unto others as you want others to do unto you." And I'll bet my left testicle you won't like it if people tell you you can't do this, you can't do that, you must do this, you must do that.

So shut your piehole.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>That works for me. Right by the park fountain just off of 161 St. Is that 5:00 today, tomorrow ? What ? Be specific.
I'll be specific when you post your photo.
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325440 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
So you say. I'll explain how it is I do get it. But, before I do, let's get a few points straight.
First, I'm not your friend.
You got that right. But I was just addressing you sarcastically and I'll address you any way I want, when I want. Don't like it ? STFU.
Second, I'm not a bigot.
Yes you are, of the worst order. You think because you say you're not makes it so ? LOL !!
Third, I don't care about you.
Sure you do. You cared enough to fabricate this tortuous labyrinth of an explanation for me. It moved me. Or at least my bowels it did.
Now, if you say you really care for people you've not met, who stand a "snowball's chance in hell" of affecting your life in any way, shape, or form, then you're a liar.
If you were to tell me you care that your neighbor's daughter does drugs while pregnant, I can accept that, because obviously you know her, or of her, and somehow, however meager, there is a greater than "the world is a big place" connection between you two. But, if you're going to tell me you care whether a 25 year prostitute in Seattle, the likes of whom you only know because you saw her face on the National Enquirer at your corner store, does drugs while she's pregnant, again, you're a liar.
Do not confuse caring for someone with a basic sense of human kindness. They are NOT the same. Caring for someone goes beyond the mere feeling of empathy or pity. Besides, if you have an iota of sense and the psychological defenses of humans, we all are subject to TWO essential ways in which we deal with adversity and/or fear; fight or flight. I pick and choose which ones I display and when.
If you ask me whether I am not going to get on my step-daughter's case if she drinks alcohol while pregnant, or doesn't take her pre-natal vitamins, and I'll be the first to tell you I'll be on her like stink on shit, IF there is not justifiable cause for her to do either. Although I really won't have to, because her mother and her father being on her case will definitely be enough. But, if you ask me if I care whether your daughter does the same, then the answer is an unequivocal NO.
Do you think I care about the persecution of women in Africa? About the kids that are paraded on TV, who are shown drinking from a mud pit? Hell no. That as a human being it appeals to my sense of human kindness, yes. But, that I care, NO.
People who care do more than just talk about things. They elevate their sense of human kindness to make a difference. In addition, caring is a choice. When it comes to people who will not affect my life in any way, shape, or form, I won't do anything more than express human kindness. When I do a mitzvah, it is on people I can see, talk to, and I do it when I feel compelled to do it. Not because of some stereotype or because it's expected.
Live and let live. As the xtian hypocrites say, "do unto others as you want others to do unto you." And I'll bet my left testicle you won't like it if people tell you you can't do this, you can't do that, you must do this, you must do that.
So shut your piehole.
Whew !
So the bottom line is you DO care. Oh sure the women you care about have to meet some specific criteria but you nevertheless DO care.
A far cry from your claim, in response to someone who asked what you would say to ANY woman, that you ONLY care that they have the right but care not how they exercise it. You fraud.

And by the way, bigot. Caring need not manifest itself in action. Caring is a state of mind. A feeling that you have regard for someone/ something, whether you know them or not.
I'll be specific when you post your photo.
I knew it. Blowhard.
Your initial post promised me a delivery at the intersection of my choice. There were no conditions attached.
A bigot AND a blowhard. Wonderful.

Indianapolis

#325442 Jun 16, 2014
It's not the 50's anymore...women aren't helpless, brainless fluffballs who need men to protect them. They're perfectly capable of making their own decisions. One of those decisions is whether or not to carry a pregnancy tgo term...and she doesn't need you to protect her from herself.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That works for me. Right by the park fountain just off of 161 St. Is that 5:00 today, tomorrow ? What ? Be specific.
YTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#325443 Jun 16, 2014

*Revelation's FALSE PROPHET --- ID'd (*News/photos)

http://youtu.be/YK8JdBd-gCY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,536,575
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 min Clean air 11,172
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr The pharts 33,111
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,476
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web