Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313187 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325280 Jun 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The mother's unborn child only differs in age and power. Might does not necessarily make right and advocating a mother murder her unborn child is evil. Pure and simple.
They differ in a whole lot more than that. You're just an ignorant fool. Pure and simple.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325281 Jun 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a "woman's decision" it is a baby who has a right to life.
Cite the case, statute, or for that matter, the biblical verse that specifically and unequivocally states the unborn has a right to life.

Go on...

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325282 Jun 2, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mate but this is one slab of prime, grade A stupidity that you will never live down. Not as long as I'm around. Your bigotry and homophobia notwithstanding.
Yeah, yeah, yeah....

I didn't know eunuchs can have a "hard on" for anyone... Must be a mental "hard on."

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325285 Jun 2, 2014
No, it's not, not in any legal sense. The pregnant woman is, though.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic response. The baby is a person too

Indianapolis

#325286 Jun 2, 2014
That's the DoI, schmuck; it has no legal authority whatsoever....nor were the founders even thinking about fetuses when they wrote it.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.........

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325287 Jun 3, 2014
Advocating women murder their unborn babies is wrong.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#325288 Jun 3, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
But advocating murder under certain circumstances is OK...right Brian?

Post #5098

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TGLF ...

Brian_G wrote:
"""It would be wrong to say I approve abortion under any circumstance; just that in cases of rape, close incest and jeopardy to the mother's life other factors take precedent. Morgan must think circumstances never matter """

Post# 4174

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The issue isn't force, else we'd discuss the forced ending of the unborn's life. I've also always supported exceptions for the cases of rape, incest or threat to the mother's life.

Post#4277

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not advocating changing law, I advocate morality. If you feel morality controls your behavior, that's all for the good.
I approve abortion where the mother's life is at stake; consider if the mother has other children that require her care. It should be obvious to anyone who knows right from wrong, abortion to save the life of the mother isn't consensual, its medical necessity.
Having nuanced positions that accept change according to situation isn't hypocrisy.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325289 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.........
My mom and dad created me and the DOI isn't law pinhead. IOW, you can't prove the fetus has a right to life.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325290 Jun 3, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Advocating a woman not having a choice in the matter is a greater wrong.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325291 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
A baby is a person because it's born. What you call a baby, isn't. If it was, it would have an independent right to medical treatment, which would be separate and apart from the mother. Even if medical treatment is required for the unborn, while it is in the uterus, it cannot be performed without the woman consenting to her being medically invaded as well.

The "baby" isn't a person; it isn't a human being; it isn't an "unborn child." It's nothing more than a parasite made up of human tissue, with the potential of life. Do not confuse the potential of life with a right to life. Before viability, there isn't any potential for life unless "mommy" says so.

That's not only a legal truth, but also a medical truth. Neither medicine, nor law, is subject to your pathetic sense of morality, or beliefs.

Go jump in the open ocean with 20 pounds of lead attached to your feet. I'll even take you there on my boat if you want. Well, maybe not; assisted suicide is illegal, although in your case, it would be justifiable.

Indianapolis

#325293 Jun 3, 2014
I would say that, if she were planning to carry to term, she probably shouldn't do either. But, it IS her right, and it is legal.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you say to a pregnant woman who smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey during her pregnancy.
Would you say legally that is ok?
Would you say that is her "right"?
I mean after all that is not a human being it is a fetus
Obsolete

Seattle, WA

#325294 Jun 3, 2014
Prolifers accuse Choicers of murder, but instead of hitting the (mainly) religious head on in an ethical fight to the death, they rely on tenuous quasi-constitutional filaments to hold together a loophole. Sorry, but Roe v Wade lends itself to gauzy metaphor.[Sighing wistfully] Soon arguments about regular old humanoid babes will seem child's play beside clamorous new clashes over eugenics, clones, neo-slaves, animal rights, bioengineering, and patented people. So hold on to your transvaginal mesh, it's going to be a bumpy night!

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325295 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>What would you say to a pregnant woman who smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey during her pregnancy.

Would you say legally that is ok?

Would you say that is her "right"?

I mean after all that is not a human being it is a fetus
Yes and yes.

I don't care if she kills the fetus by abortion, or gives birth to a drunk with emphysema. I care she retains the right to do that, or be careful about her pregnancy and give birth to a healthy child.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325296 Jun 4, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
Advocating a woman not having a choice in the matter is a greater wrong.
I don't advocate changing the law or taking rights from women; my arguments are moral, not legal. I argue for good, encouraging mothers to murder their unborn children is evil.

Choose adoption, be pro-life.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325297 Jun 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't advocate changing the law or taking rights from women; my arguments are moral, not legal. I argue for good, encouraging mothers to murder their unborn children is evil.

Choose adoption, be pro-life.
Bullshit. You may not "vocally" advocate for a change in the law, but one does not have to be vocal to advocate for such. Just as there is something known as the lie of omission, there is also advocacy by inaction.

I've not seen one post of yours in outrage for the latest assault on women's abilities to obtain legal abortions in those states that have passed legislation requiring doctors who practice abortions to have hospital privileges, and how the hospitals in their areas are, arbitrarily and capriciously, denying them those privileges.

I've not seen a single post of yours taking a stand against those who believe the "rights" of the fetus trump the rights of the woman. In fact, you've taken their side in several occasions.

Besides, it is HIGHLY IMMORAL for one to argue that the actions of someone are immoral, simply because one does not agree with them.

It is also HIGHLY IMMORAL for you to call said action murder, when legally it's not murder.

In short, you're a hypocrite. You use your subjective definition of morality as both a sword and a shield. And that not only makes you a hypocrite, it makes you a f*cking p*ussy.

Morality is NOT objective. It is HIGHLY subjective. And to add to your list of "accolades," your refusal to accept that elemental truth, makes you an idiot.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325298 Jun 4, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
If I become unwillingly pregnant, my happiness may include becoming UN-pregnant, prior to term.

If so, I shall pursue said happiness irrespective of your approval.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#325299 Jun 4, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire. Yours is the pathetic response, my friend.

I asked you several straight-up questions......got any answers?

Do you even KNOW what's in it for you, to propound against a pregnant woman's personhood, reduce women to incubators, and negate our 14th Amendment rights during gestation?

Or do you just spout bullshit, in an effort to give yourself a mental chubby?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325300 Jun 4, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Au contraire. Yours is the pathetic response, my friend.
I asked you several straight-up questions......got any answers?
Do you even KNOW what's in it for you, to propound against a pregnant woman's personhood, reduce women to incubators, and negate our 14th Amendment rights during gestation?
Or do you just spout bullshit, in an effort to give yourself a mental chubby?
I think you mean a mental "woody" NAP.

These idiots, especially Brian and Seven Tee, have a PhD, Suma Cum Laude, in stirring shit. They just love the smell.

Indianapolis

#325302 Jun 4, 2014
According to WHO? YOU? Not likely.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They made their decision when they got knocked up by baby daddy.
At that moment her life changed forever

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#325303 Jun 4, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They made their decision when they got knocked up by baby daddy.
At that moment her life changed forever
What's in THAT for you then, fella?

C'mon, answer the question.......quit dancing, and tell us:

What do YOU get out of any of it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Cheech the Conser... 1,478,930
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 32,711
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 10,654
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun RiccardoFire 201,892
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sun Rosa_Winkel 258,461
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Jan 14 Buffalo Bull 74
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Dec 20 san isidro company 42
More from around the web