Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309875 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Uber-Bro of the Unborn

Norfolk, VA

#325216 May 29, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what makes you think that John K, or any other pro-choicer for that matter, hasn't found happiness?
There's plenty of immorality on adoption, such as when a couple refuses to adopt a child simply because it's not the right color, or his/her parents are not highly educated people with reasonably stable backgrounds, or the child isn't a 1 or 2 day old baby, but a 13 or 15 year old teen.
How moral is it to let such a child languish in foster care, adding to his/her lack of self-esteem and quite plausibly allowing him/her to end up in far worse shape than if he/she was adopted by a loving couple, straight or gay?
You say you promote life. But, what you're doing is promoting your definition of morality. And, morality, like happiness, is not only gender biased, it's also HIGHLY subjective. Although that's a far too complicated concept for your sorry a$$ to discern and/or grasp.
We'll just let that be YOUR problem.
since when did unwanted children not have a right to live "Conservative Democrat"!? Have you ever checked the web-site of Life Dynamics Incorporated and watched the DVD Maafa 21?
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325217 May 29, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You're going to need to rewrite your post, using crayons and stick figures, if you want that guy to understand it.
Someone who believes sex for procreation is a non pleasurable chore should have EVERYTHING he writes written in crayon.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325218 May 29, 2014
I believe you BELIEVE that what you believe is what you believe, believe it or not....:)
R C Honey wrote:
p.s. I don't like to talk about religion, as I feel I'm not well informed enough, but I know enough to know that Churchlady is mental. Please don't ask me about my beliefs, I believe what I believe, and that doesn't change my opinion here, and I rarely (if ever) comment about 'religion'.
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325219 May 29, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
They love misogyny as much as we love women.
Then they must not love misogyny at all since no one who claims to love women would EVER use the term "ho" to describe one, even if you despise what she stands for.

Indianapolis

#325220 May 29, 2014
You're probably thinking about Rose ("Roesz" or something like that); she was a gentle-open-minded soul who just wasn't prepared for the vitriol the PLM'ers spewed when she was civil to us "heathens." She still pops in, but avoids getting caught up in the muck.
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I'm "anti-choice" after viability. Unless...yada yada yada.
And once again, if you hadn't made up your mind by like 12 or so weeks, my opinion is that that ship has sailed, make another choice.
BUT that opinion doesn't make any difference to the law. And the law states that a woman can do whatever she wants, and there isn't anything, anyone can do about it. Accept it, and if you can't, feel free to scream your opinion out to whomever will listen. But don't break the law, and have respect about it.
Who's that lady that used to come on here and was pro-life, and everyone liked, and respected her? Who was that? She was here not too long ago, but I don't see her on here anymore..... hmmmm

Indianapolis

#325221 May 29, 2014
You just called kids "negro" and "white trash", and I'M the racist? Lay off the moonshine, Clem.

POP is funded from many sources--mostly private donations. They provide quality healthcare to many low-income women regardless of race or ethnicity. If that's racism, we need a lot more of it.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
If you support PP then you are a RACIST or you are a blind fool.
PP is funded by the Government and sets up shop in low income minority areas to kill black negro children and hispanic and white trash children.
Please wake up and understand what is really going on out there.

Indianapolis

#325222 May 29, 2014
Life Dynamics? Oh, that group that makes spurious claims based on heavily-edited videos that have been smacked down as the nutbars they are?
Uber-Bro of the Unborn wrote:
so how many of you who argue about Roe v. Wade have checked out the brochure 'Safe and Legal' by Life Dynamics Incorporated!?

Indianapolis

#325223 May 29, 2014
Sorry, uber-dumkopf, but fetuses have no right to be gestated against the woman's will. In fact, they have no rights at all.
<quoted text>since when did unwanted children not have a right to live "Conservative Democrat"!? Have you ever checked the web-site of Life Dynamics Incorporated and watched the DVD Maafa 21?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325224 May 29, 2014
...[M]orality, like happiness, is not only gender biased, it's also HIGHLY subjective. Although that's a far too complicated concept for your sorry a$$ to discern and/or grasp. We'll just let that be YOUR problem.
My problem is trying to behave morally all the time, if morality was gender biased or subjective, that would be impossible. It's hard enough, when you have clear, eternal standards. Believe all morality is subjective is caused by radical secularism and atheist extremists. The belief there is no morality is as harmful to society as theocracy.

Under our law, morality isn't subjective, it is ruled by courts and enforced by police. Where else, other than abortion, do you find morality is gender biased?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325225 May 29, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Morality isn't defined by Brian G, for anyone other than Brian G. No one is ADVOCATING that women 'kill the unborn'. We are ADVOCATING that you stay the hell out of our reproductive decisions, and for each woman to make her OWN, relative to HER circumstances.Advocating your morality, entails your personal refusal to contemplate, seek, or obtain an abortion....period. It does NOT entail contributing your opinion, on another person's pregnancy, unless you've been invited to do so by the pregnant person. Period. Next.....
I don't try to deny my opponents the right to advocate their opinions, unlike the poster quoted above. Morality isn't about refusing to contemplate or see evil; morality is looking into the face of evil everywhere you find it and doing the right thing. The right thing isn't telling people "It does NOT entail contributing your opinion", I believe in civil discourse and debate.

I'm just saying, advocating women murder their own unborn children is evil. I advocate adoption, make everyone happy.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325226 May 29, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't try to deny my opponents the right to advocate their opinions, unlike the poster quoted above. Morality isn't about refusing to contemplate or see evil; morality is looking into the face of evil everywhere you find it and doing the right thing. The right thing isn't telling people "It does NOT entail contributing your opinion", I believe in civil discourse and debate.
I'm just saying, advocating women murder their own unborn children is evil. I advocate adoption, make everyone happy.
....except of course, for the women who have to gestate against their wills, to make 'everyone ELSE' happy....they don't rate, as far as you're concerned, right Brian?.
Screw you, Brian.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#325227 May 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I disagree with your advocating women murder their own unborn children, but I don't claim it's none of your business. Everyone is responsible for advocating their morality.
Morality isn't defined by gender.
Morality isn't defined by you. However, you're correct that you're entitled to your opinion.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325229 May 30, 2014
<quoted text>since when did unwanted children not have a right to live "Conservative Democrat"!? Have you ever checked the web-site of Life Dynamics Incorporated and watched the DVD Maafa 21?
And where in the post to which you replied did I mention anything about unwanted children not having a right to live?

Maybe you should find your local High School Equivalency school and sign up for remedial English comprehension. This way you'll be able to understand that the 14th Amendment does not recognize the rights of any unborn, but only of born persons.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325230 May 30, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who believes sex for procreation is a non pleasurable chore should have EVERYTHING he writes written in crayon.
CS; are you a closet homosexual? Seems that way, since you got such a "hard on" for me and what I write. Sorry dude; I don't play for that team. In fact, I don't think even Pete would be interested in your kind of "fag."

BTW, why don't you educate yourself in the difference between belief, opinion, and argument. If that doesn't work, try jumping in front of the #4.

Have a nice day mamapinga.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325232 May 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>My problem is trying to behave morally all the time, if morality was gender biased or subjective, that would be impossible. It's hard enough, when you have clear, eternal standards. Believe all morality is subjective is caused by radical secularism and atheist extremists. The belief there is no morality is as harmful to society as theocracy.
If your problem is "trying to behave morally all the time," then I would argue, very reasonably I might add, that you're the first immoral person, who, by his own admission, has a problem behaving morally all the time. In short, you're a hypocrite.

Thanks for confessing what we already knew.
Brian_G wrote:
Under our law, morality isn't subjective, it is ruled by courts and enforced by police.
Bullsh*t. SCOTUS held, in Lawrence v. Texas, that sodomy in the United States, is legal. This means that Common Sense could have anal sex with his boyfriend and it would be as legal as it would be for me to have anal sex with my wife, or you with yours.

Do you believe homosexual/anal sex is immoral, deprived, and sinful? Of course you do. Yet, it's legal, where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists, such as in your home, dumbass!
Brian_G wrote:
Where else, other than abortion, do you find morality is gender biased?
It's obvious you lack skill in grammar and sentence structure. You should have used "how" instead of "where."

I'll give you three names; Jim Jones, Jimmy Swaggart, and Jim Bakker. Heck; I may know a few other "Jims" who are also immoral, yet preach morality.

Point being, those who have to hide behind the word of morality, as you have clearly demonstrated, are the first immoral ones.

BTW, on the presumption you see homosexuality and gay sex as immoral; if morality isn't subjective and ruled by the courts, and enforced by the police, then why is it that John Geddes Lawrence and Tyron Garner's gay sexual practices (obviously immoral to you) were viewed as legal, but Jim Jones soliciting sex from a male undercover cop in the bathroom of a movie theater in L.A.(also obviously immoral to you), got him arrested?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325233 May 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't try to deny my opponents the right to advocate their opinions, unlike the poster quoted above. Morality isn't about refusing to contemplate or see evil; morality is looking into the face of evil everywhere you find it and doing the right thing. The right thing isn't telling people "It does NOT entail contributing your opinion", I believe in civil discourse and debate.
A few questions:

1- You give an example of what's not doing the right thing; so what is, to you, an example of doing the right thing?

2- Is doing the right thing looking into the "evil" face of a homosexual and shooting them, or is it looking into the evil face of a child molester and shooting him before he rapes my daughter?

3- How does adoption make everyone happy and how does abortion does not make everyone happy?

4- Why do you care about what makes everyone happy, when you can't possibly know what makes everyone happy?
MideastNewsYTube

Marietta, GA

#325234 May 30, 2014

POPE & ISRAEL Talks *spark Daniel's 70th Week ----

http://youtu.be/KPe_Q1_u1Ew

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325235 May 30, 2014
...Do you believe homosexual/anal sex is immoral, deprived, and sinful?
No, homosexuality is neither immoral, depraved or sinful. It might be deprived of the opposite sex, but the individual human is sovereign and as long as there's consent, there's nothing wrong with it. I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.

Of course you do. Yet, it's legal, where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists, such as in your home, dumbass!...
^^^This shows how most leftists use defamation, insults and untruths instead of reason. Try to up your game, unless you just want to appeal to children.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325236 May 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, homosexuality is neither immoral, depraved or sinful. It might be deprived of the opposite sex, but the individual human is sovereign and as long as there's consent, there's nothing wrong with it. I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.

Conservative Democrat wrote, "Of course you do. Yet, it's legal, where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists, such as in your home, dumbass!..."

^^^This shows how most leftists use defamation, insults and untruths instead of reason. Try to up your game, unless you just want to appeal to children.
"the individual human is sovereign[.]"

So why then do you even suggest a woman having an abortion is murdering anything, when the unborn isn't an individual, and it certainly isn't sovereign like the mother?

Do you contradict yourself as a matter of sheer happenstance or as a matter of course?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325237 May 30, 2014
"the individual human is sovereign[.]" So why then do you even suggest a woman having an abortion is murdering anything, when the unborn isn't an individual, and it certainly isn't sovereign like the mother? Do you contradict yourself as a matter of sheer happenstance or as a matter of course?
The mother's unborn child only differs in age and power. Might does not necessarily make right and advocating a mother murder her unborn child is evil. Pure and simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,232,910
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 239,099
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr litesong 5,582
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr tom wingo 29,765
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 13 hr Pietro Armando 201,810
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 17 hr Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 22 hr Jeff 1
More from around the web