Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 340683 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325264 Jun 1, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
Brian dodges again!!
Post #5098
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TGLF ...
Brian_G wrote:
"""It would be wrong to say I approve abortion under any circumstance; just that in cases of rape, close incest and jeopardy to the mother's life other factors take precedent. Morgan must think circumstances never matter """
Do you, or do you not, contend abortion should be a choice in the case of rape, incest and the mothers life? Yes or no? Stop dodging.
Not a dodge or feint, just the simple truth.

This statement is untruthful:
Morgana9Rules wrote:
But you advocate a mother to murder her unborn child under certain circumstances. Tsk tsk.
I don't approve or advocate abortion; I approve and advocate adoption. Now M.9.R. is changing the argument from "approve" to "ontend abortion should be a choice", a different question entirely.

I'll leave it to other posters to check my prior posts; I've always advocated adoption is better than abortion except where the mother's life is at risk.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325265 Jun 1, 2014
It doesn't matter to me either, because it's your fantasy.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter to me that you are a hard core Racist Hater who supports murder of blacks and other poor people.
But it does matter that you try to cover it up and hide your racism.
Where does all your hatred of mankind come from, was it something taught to you by your parents or did you pick it up at a Clan Rally?

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#325266 Jun 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not a dodge or feint, just the simple truth.
<quoted text>
I don't approve or advocate abortion; I approve and advocate adoption. Now M.9.R. is changing the argument from "approve" to "ontend abortion should be a choice", a different question entirely.
I'll leave it to other posters to check my prior posts; I've always advocated adoption is better than abortion except where the mother's life is at risk.
Liar.

What the fck do you think the term prochoice means? Just because YOU consider prochoice advocating for abortion rather than a womans private choice/decision is your fcking problem not mine.

NOW...lets have a looksee at a post previous to the one I have posted to you...shall we? And yes let the other posters chime in...I welcome it!

Post# 4174

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TGLF...
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The issue isn't force, else we'd discuss the forced ending of the unborn's life. I've also always supported exceptions for the cases of rape, incest or threat to the mother's life.
<quoted text>^^^This is crazy talk; only women gestate because there are sex differences.
<quoted text>Everyone is obligated to cherish life.
<quoted text>Benefiting others does benefit yourself. Life means a son or daughter and abortion means a dead unborn baby.
<quoted text>Are you sober now?
NOT ONE WORD IN THE ABOVE ABOUT ADOPTION. You came up with that after I cornered you like the rat you are.

Answer the question Brian, are you prochoice (pro murder of the unborn in YOUR terms) in the cases of rape, incest and the mothers life? YES OR NO?

Indianapolis

#325267 Jun 1, 2014
A tad short tempered? Moi? Nonsense...:)

I confess, when people start tossing out irrelevant crap, I don't always retain my patience. But I do try to maintain equilibrium with posters who stay on-topic and at least try to defend their arguments.

Of course, if someone's just a troll, I see no reason to be nice about it, or I'll just ignore them.
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Where on earth did you come up with this nonsense?
Seriously?
Don't give me the standard stock-ready answers you folks usually give.
Where has "CPeter" ever displayed a hatred of humanity, or displayed racism, or acted as though he is a member of the Ku Klux Klan?
Yes, he's a tad short tempered with folks who're so sanctimonious that they feel as they're the only ones who "know" the proper "path."
But he's fair in his judgement of those who approach him.
In fact, he's quite a bit fairer than those who do nothing but hurl abuse, hatred, and ridicule at him.
You, and others like yourself, would do well to take a note or two at how this guy retains that admirable amount of "poise."

Indianapolis

#325268 Jun 1, 2014
I support the rights of women to decide their own medical decisions without buttinskis like you hampering them. Don't like it? Tant pis.

PP is not racist; that's your ill-considered opinion, based on distortions and lies.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Simpleton, see if you can follow the logic
This fellow supports murder of innocent children for any reason at any time.
This fellow is also a supporter of Planned Parenthood which is a Racist organization.
Therefor this fellow is a Hater and a Racist.

The wild wild north

#325269 Jun 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not a dodge or feint, just the simple truth.
<quoted text>

How about this gem Bri Bri?

Post#4277

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TGLF...
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not advocating changing law, I advocate morality. If you feel morality controls your behavior, that's all for the good.
I approve abortion where the mother's life is at stake; consider if the mother has other children that require her care. It should be obvious to anyone who knows right from wrong, abortion to save the life of the mother isn't consensual, its medical necessity.
Having nuanced positions that accept change according to situation isn't hypocrisy. Allowing for situation doesn't mean "if it happens to me". I would be a hypocrite if I claimed only my abortion caused by rape or significant threat to life were okay but those same conditions don't apply to others. That's not what I'm saying, those situations change the morality of abortion, even when Morgana doesn't like it.
The left and Morgana love the ultimate control over life they get by advocating abortion. They believe they get power from every black unborn baby murdered in abortions for convenience. Note their names, Dead Babies and Morgana 9.
katie

Federal Way, WA

#325270 Jun 1, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I support the rights of women to decide their own medical decisions without buttinskis like you hampering them. Don't like it? Tant pis.
PP is not racist; that's your ill-considered opinion, based on distortions and lies.
<quoted text>
Not only is the opinion "ill-considered", it's based on a false pretense. But the op wants everyone else to "follow the logic"? LOLOL

Maybe when the op is capable of realizing that, legally, murder equals illegal killing while, legally, abortion equals legal killing (therefore the two will never ever ever ever be synonymous); anyway, maybe once the op realizes his false premise, he will then begin to follow the logic and realize advocating for women to determine their own outcomes is far more moral than insisting they base their decisions on somebody else's ideas of what's right or what's wrong.

(man, that's a doozy of a run on sentence! surprised myself, even. LOL)

Indianapolis

#325272 Jun 1, 2014
Babies are born. Fetuses are subject to the woman's decisions because it's her body, and she doesn't have a legal obligation to gestate. She loses no rights just because she's pregnant, and fetuses have no rights.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a "woman's decision" it is a baby who has a right to life.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#325273 Jun 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You might believe that, and that's well within your rights. However, what you don't (fortunately for now, have,is the ability to force your system of beliefs onto those of us who don't happen to share them....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325274 Jun 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
What's in it for you, to erase her from the equation of her own pregnancy?
What do you get out of reducing her to 'incubator' status, denying that it's her decision whether or not to gestate?
How does negating her self-determination, and making a mockery of her citizenship, benefit you?
Common Sense

Brooklyn, NY

#325278 Jun 2, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
CS; are you a closet homosexual? Seems that way, since you got such a "hard on" for me and what I write. Sorry dude; I don't play for that team. In fact, I don't think even Pete would be interested in your kind of "fag."
BTW, why don't you educate yourself in the difference between belief, opinion, and argument. If that doesn't work, try jumping in front of the #4.
Have a nice day mamapinga.
Sorry mate but this is one slab of prime, grade A stupidity that you will never live down. Not as long as I'm around. Your bigotry and homophobia notwithstanding.
Common Sense

Brooklyn, NY

#325279 Jun 2, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Where on earth did you come up with this nonsense?
Seriously?
Don't give me the standard stock-ready answers you folks usually give.
Where has "CPeter" ever displayed a hatred of humanity, or displayed racism, or acted as though he is a member of the Ku Klux Klan?
In the very post that was referenced he used a bigoted term for the white race. Of course you'll undoubtedly excuse this as an attempt at sarcastic humor.
Yes, he's a tad short tempered with folks who're so sanctimonious that they feel as they're the only ones who "know" the proper "path."
But he's fair in his judgement of those who approach him.
In fact, he's quite a bit fairer than those who do nothing but hurl abuse, hatred, and ridicule at him.
You, and others like yourself, would do well to take a note or two at how this guy retains that admirable amount of "poise."
Anyone who dares disagree with him is an idiot or dumb ass. His posts are chock full of demeaning terms for those who dare to offer an opinion that might vary from his. Fucwit is another favorite example of the poise he exhibits to others who have not shown him a morsel of hatred. Poise ?
My ass.

He does have ONE thing going for him though. He never said sex for procreation was a non pleasurable chore. Now THAT is championship stupid.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325280 Jun 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The mother's unborn child only differs in age and power. Might does not necessarily make right and advocating a mother murder her unborn child is evil. Pure and simple.
They differ in a whole lot more than that. You're just an ignorant fool. Pure and simple.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325281 Jun 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite the case, statute, or for that matter, the biblical verse that specifically and unequivocally states the unborn has a right to life.

Go on...

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325282 Jun 2, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mate but this is one slab of prime, grade A stupidity that you will never live down. Not as long as I'm around. Your bigotry and homophobia notwithstanding.
Yeah, yeah, yeah....

I didn't know eunuchs can have a "hard on" for anyone... Must be a mental "hard on."

Indianapolis

#325285 Jun 2, 2014
No, it's not, not in any legal sense. The pregnant woman is, though.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic response. The baby is a person too

Indianapolis

#325286 Jun 2, 2014
That's the DoI, schmuck; it has no legal authority whatsoever....nor were the founders even thinking about fetuses when they wrote it.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.........

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325287 Jun 3, 2014
Advocating women murder their unborn babies is wrong.

The wild wild north

#325288 Jun 3, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Advocating women murder their unborn babies is wrong.
But advocating murder under certain circumstances is OK...right Brian?

Post #5098

Brian_G wrote:
"""It would be wrong to say I approve abortion under any circumstance; just that in cases of rape, close incest and jeopardy to the mother's life other factors take precedent. Morgan must think circumstances never matter """

Post# 4174

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The issue isn't force, else we'd discuss the forced ending of the unborn's life. I've also always supported exceptions for the cases of rape, incest or threat to the mother's life.

Post#4277

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not advocating changing law, I advocate morality. If you feel morality controls your behavior, that's all for the good.
I approve abortion where the mother's life is at stake; consider if the mother has other children that require her care. It should be obvious to anyone who knows right from wrong, abortion to save the life of the mother isn't consensual, its medical necessity.
Having nuanced positions that accept change according to situation isn't hypocrisy.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325289 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.........
My mom and dad created me and the DOI isn't law pinhead. IOW, you can't prove the fetus has a right to life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min JCPete 1,760,656
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Chosen Traveler 35,929
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480