Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Federal Way, WA

#325093 May 17, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You care enough to stick your nose in a discussion that didn't involve you. Now you want to claim you don't care ?
Where are CDs links ? You said he linked it more than once. You're drunk and lying again.
<quoted text>
You laugh because you're drunk. I never claimed sex was unenjoyable. Not once. That was CD. In fact he tried to claim that the sex I had with my husband when we were trying to conceive, was an unenjoyable chore. You can check that post to if you like ( post 323703). When you sober up.
<quoted text>
No, his posts are not there. He was booted off. MY posts are there which respond to his. His are gone. And he never linked them as you said. Liar.
LOL!
katie

Federal Way, WA

#325094 May 17, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is NOT just as you said. In fact you're reversing his claim. He never claimed that because sex is pleasurable then it can't be for procreation. He claimed that if it WAS for procreation, it would be NON PLEASURABLE. He has yet to explain why.
<quoted text>
What ? Drunken posting ?
^^^ Wheelchair, without wheels.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325095 May 17, 2014
It's a PUBLIC board, idiot. There are no private conversations.

Sex with YOU would obviously be an unenjoyable chore.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You care enough to stick your nose in a discussion that didn't involve you. Now you want to claim you don't care ?
Where are CDs links ? You said he linked it more than once. You're drunk and lying again.
<quoted text>
You laugh because you're drunk. I never claimed sex was unenjoyable. Not once. That was CD. In fact he tried to claim that the sex I had with my husband when we were trying to conceive, was an unenjoyable chore. You can check that post to if you like ( post 323703). When you sober up.
<quoted text>
No, his posts are not there. He was booted off. MY posts are there which respond to his. His are gone. And he never linked them as you said. Liar.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325096 May 17, 2014
"Brian_G" cried
^^^This shows, the war on women comes from the Left. They attack Nigeria for Borka Haram kidnapping the schoolgirls, and Ann Coulter for her looks. Shame on the left!

I didn't say anything about that trannies look....I mentioned his/her/its adams apple.and your foolishness

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#325097 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>...
COPYRIGHT 2014 ANN COULTER
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-05-14....
Now you have lost all credibility.

"There is a growing body of evidence that radiation in excess of what the government says are the minimum amounts we should be exposed to are actually good for you and reduce cases of cancer." -Ann Coulter, on fears over the fallout from Japan's nuclear crisis, Bill O'Reilly interview, March 18, 2011

"You will find liberals always rooting for savages against civilization." –Ann Coulter
"They didn't root for the Nazis against civilization." –Bill O'Reilly
"Oh yes they did.... It was only when Hitler invaded their precious Soviet Union that at the last minute they came in and suddenly started saying oh no, now you have to fight Hitler." –Ann Coulter, "The O'Reilly Factor," May 7, 2010

"I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester.... I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." --on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

"I was going to have a few comments about John Edwards but you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot." --at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference

"I'm more of a man than any liberal."

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much." -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media."

"Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole."

"There are a lot of bad republicans; there are no good democrats."

"We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."

"Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots."

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties -- provided we're only talking about criminals."

"The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening."

"Liberals hate religion because politics is a religion substitute for liberals and they can't stand the competition."

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said,'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"
So True

Beverly, MA

#325098 May 17, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Her hypocrisy. These idiots talk the talk. But. When it comes to walking the walk, they use a wheel chair, with no wheels.
Yep, funny how the crickets start chirping when certain questions are asked.

The wild wild north

#325099 May 17, 2014
"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."

"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo."

"Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil. What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets? How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"

"We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States."

"If John Kerry had a dollar for every time he bragged about serving in Vietnam -- oh wait, he does."

"Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325100 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Both the mother and unborn baby are human beings.
Nope. Human tissue doesn't equal human being. And the "unborn baby" isn't a person.
Brian_G wrote:
Q. Since when is it liberal to promote the murder of a human being?

A. Since Roe v Wade
I see, so not only do you call a woman a murderer, you call liberals conspirators in murder.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325101 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>At least half of all abortions kill a very young woman; protecting life defends women. C.D. believes women are too weak to hear arguments for adoption; I believe they are strong enough to think for themselves. The real war on women comes from Bill Clinton abusing women who worked for him, from Kermit Gosnell killing women while doing abortion and from the fascist Islamist threat to women around the world, not from words.
If they're strong enough to think for themselves, why do you need to argue for adoption?

Do yourself a favor ya koos, if you're going to state what I believe, make sure you understand what I believe.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325102 May 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>The baby won't live without constant 24/7 care from mommy for after birth for the first 2-3 years

You make no sense
The baby can piss, crap and breathe on its own when it's born. It also doesn't need mommy to eat for him/her.

Sorry you're too much of a dimwit to understand something so simple.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325103 May 17, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where I ever said I couldn't post a link you liar ?
In fact I posted to Chick ( post 324038) giving the post number ( 323390 ) which proves it's a matter of Topix record that you said sex for procreation
would be NON PLEASURABLE.
In fact Chick, who has set the standard for stupidity, said that sex is pleasurable because it has to be for the "continuation of the species". Even someone as stupid as her knows your claim is idiocy. LOL !

[QUOTE]My question is; how can he claim it's "a matter of Topix record," when he can't refer to "Topix record[?]"
"

Just did, stupid. And so did drunk Katie.
Hook line and sinker.

See how much easier it's for me to get you to do what I want than it is for you??

The wild wild north

#325106 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^
We treasure women more than men because their reproductive value is greater then men's. That's why we want fewer abortions, Kermit Gosnell killed women and their infants.
You treasure women by forcing them to carry unwanted pregnancies, taking away their right to freedom, best interests and self assessment? How odd.

Please don't treasure me.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325107 May 17, 2014
If they're strong enough to think for themselves, why do you need to argue for adoption?
It's called civil discourse and it doesn't involve insults; try it sometime. I validate women who put their baby up for adoption; there is no greater act of generosity and good.

Do yourself a favor ya koos, if you're going to state what I believe, make sure you understand what I believe.
I can only go by what you write.
This is the thing

Beverly, MA

#325108 May 17, 2014
I actually helped a lesbian couple who took in foster children who were born addicted to drugs or had fetal alcohol syndrome.

I was a case worker who visited the home frequently. They masqueraded as cousins, but I could see they were a committed couple. They were kind and caring and that's all that mattered to me.

They wanted to adopt the kids. These were tough kids to love. They had big problems. Problems I could not live with 24/7. It is one thing to see them a few times a week to help out, a whole other thing to deal with the physical and mental issues that these kids are trying to overcome all day and all night.

They were nurses who worked different shifts and also hired help to keep things going. They worked better as a team then any heterosexual couple I had on my caseload at the time.

But in the backwater ignorant state where they happened to reside, some folks who were often seen picketing outside Planned Parenthood, took it upon themselves to out this couple and try to prevent the adoptions.

So, Right to Life folks, I try not to generalize, but my gut tells me that not only do you want to prevent abortions no matter what, you also cannot stand it when someone that does not meet your standards for a family unit tries to help.

And yet, none of these jerks offered to be a foster parent for these kids. They just wanted to demonstrate that they were good Christians by stopping a family unit they deemed somehow perverted.

After a lot of court dates, the judge saw the light and allowed the couple to adopt the kids when all was sorted out.

These wonderful ladies did not do this to collect a check from the government. They ADOPTED the kids which meant that they would foot the bill for a lot of their needs.

These ladies were so good at rehabbing these kids that they did not qualify for SSI after 6 years, which was their goal.

They took it all on and did it with a dignity and grace that none of these dimwits picketing Planned Parenthood could ever comprehend.

So if right to life people ever want to bend my ear, they will need to do something half as useful. Somehow I do not see that happening.

The only thing that is perverted is the Right to Life Rhetoric.

I'm done here.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325109 May 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>You must not have children, the child will not eat, drink, take a bath, change dipers, go to bed etc etc. or move a few feet without mommy and daddy constantly taking care of every need for the baby to survive 24/7. When the baby reaches the age of about 3 he or she can do a few things to survive, very few. So to suggest it is ok to kill an innocent child because it has not been born is ridiculous.

You are a dimwit to suggest anything else.
You're confusing survival with basic bodily functions.

Does the baby need mommy to eat for him/her after it's born? Does it need mommy's body to dispose of its pee? Of its poop? No, no, and no. The born baby possesses the basic ability to sustain life on its own.

Whether the baby can feed itself, or go grab a bottle on its own, is irrelevant. Once the umbilical cord is cut, the baby is a person because it does not need mommy's body to live.

So yes. It's ok to kill "an innocent child" because it has not been born, provided such is the woman's choice, and the unborn has not reached the point of viability. So sayeth the law.

By the way, I do have children.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325110 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's called civil discourse and it doesn't involve insults; try it sometime. I validate women who put their baby up for adoption; there is no greater act of generosity and good.

Conservative Democrat wrote, "Do yourself a favor ya koos, if you're going to state what I believe, make sure you understand what I believe."

I can only go by what you write.
You may call it civil discourse and you may even be correct in that it doesn't involve insults. But, you're not stopping at insults; you're making accusations.

Cite my post where I expressly state I "promote" abortion. Further, cite the post where I expressly state that I believe women are too weak to hear arguments for adoption.
Choices are private

Beverly, MA

#325112 May 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So you expect one to believe one story from a State social worker's point of view?
How many children did you adopt out of the program you managed?
My point exactly. I worked full time, so I choose not to be a parent. I was not someone who thought that I could do both well. And if you must know, birth control worked for me. The idea of abortion is not a pleasant one for me personally. I would not advocate it as a means of birth control.

But I am not going to stand by a clinic doorway and ask every woman coming and going why she is there, what kind of birth control she is using, how far along is she, etc. etc.

So, the fact that I chose not to adopt does not make me a saint or a villan. The fact the I chose to use birth control also does not make any particular statement. I just try to mind my own business when it comes to personal choices.

My point is that it is possible to let people make their choices without making any statement about yourself or your beliefs. If there are consequences, you do not need to be involved.

But once you stick your nose into someone else's private choices, propose a ban on something, you better have an alternative that does some good.

So these right-to-life protesters could put their time and energy into creating good foster care options, but instead try to prohibit what they don't like and want to manage people's private lives to the point of absurdity. And worse, do nothing to help. Just sit back and judge and bad mouth anyone they feel is wrong.

Nothing honorable in that kind of behavior.

Seriously I am done here.

Trying to help someone see reason is futile.

Indianapolis

#325114 May 18, 2014
So, every child whose mother died in childbirth also expired?

Neonates do what they need to survive. Are you aware that, in some cases of adoption, the woman never even sees the newborn, nor it, her?

Newborns will eat whether the mother is involved or not---which I can personally attest to.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have children, the child will not eat, drink, take a bath, change dipers, go to bed etc etc. or move a few feet without mommy and daddy constantly taking care of every need for the baby to survive 24/7. When the baby reaches the age of about 3 he or she can do a few things to survive, very few. So to suggest it is ok to kill an innocent child because it has not been born is ridiculous.
You are a dimwit to suggest anything else.

Indianapolis

#325115 May 18, 2014
I don't remember who said it first, but there's a line, "Men put women up on pedestals so they can look up their skirts."

There is nothing honorable about treating women as sacred, if confused and dim, treasures.
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
You treasure women by forcing them to carry unwanted pregnancies, taking away their right to freedom, best interests and self assessment? How odd.
Please don't treasure me.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#325116 May 18, 2014
West Ukraine from rioting coup is not the say of west Ukraine people or a country , but going to east Ukraine cannot be allowed, is wrongful beyond violations.

As there are conflicts that referendum has already been recognized while the coup in Kiev was rioting by extreme terror of unacceptability for doing any regime change coup election, based on the reference of value, to the framework of systems of a country, nobody (like Nazi right sector radicals) can take in own hands how a country's direction will be like, that ouctomes the east Ukraine referendum.

Why does US discourage election of Syria and supports and runs the election of west Ukraine and the violation of Nazi-Kiev national guard troops (to enter the turf of) for violation of east Ukraine sovereignty?

Why good is to US (by seeing in Libya, Iraq and so on by doing coup regime change election) to west Ukraine now, which will amount to lots of fighting and violences (as of now, exactly there are two countries east Ukraine and west Ukraine fighting as the world does not need any Independence recognition under world standard rules and position, since there was east Ukraine referendum), and by which will erupt to more fighting and violences after Kiev coup doing election like Iraq and so on, as Kiev might also be wiped away from other coups again after election?

Those are failing To west Ukraine by supporting coup election while there is east Ukraine as another sovereign country, which might not be possible for Nazi west Ukraine radicals to be run by US , as that is being fought against at this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,223,759
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min tom wingo 29,717
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Uncle Sam 238,343
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web