Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
304,101 - 304,120 of 305,390 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Oh good grief CD don't you know the difference between natural death and killing? God created us with a body that will die. We ALL will have our bodies die. Our souls will go on for eternity. That is the way God intended it. He gives life and he takes life.
A man coming up to another man and shooting him in the head,killing him,is not natural or the way God intended. Free will gone wrong,makes man think that they are Godlike. Deliberate elective Abortion is in no way equivillant to spontaneous abortion(miscarriage) anymore than man dying of natural causes being equivillant to him being shot in the head with an AK.
*sigh* stupidity knows no boundaries.
Dweeb, you forget I'm a Jewish convert and that I rejected christianity to adopt Judaism. I know all about christianity dear, so do yourself a favor and stop preaching to the proverbial "choir."

Christianity teaches that a soul that has known no sin, is pure and will not go to hell. So, whether it is a zygote that fails to attach to the uterine walls, or a 9 week old fetus that's aborted, neither have known "sin" and you know where you xtian hypocrites believe either of them will go.

So what's your beef if the soul of the unborn goes to the same place whether the body is disposed off by nature, or a medical procedure?

I know. You just don't want women to have free will to end a pregnancy or use birth control. You want them to only have free will to abstain from sex and not become sex slaves, or sex objects.

Duly noted..

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently,MOST who claim to be pro-choice are against elective abortions after a certain gestation age. They DON'T approve of killing those human lives/baby. They think that those little ones DESERVE protection. They are AGAINST the womans choice to kill that child at that point.
Just sayin..........
Question for you; Do you think that they are hypocrites? Are they pro-choice? be honest now Elise,one can't say they are for choice when they really aren't,now can they?
Baloney.

Most pro-choicers are for elective abortions at any stage of the pregnancy, provided that the procedure complies with the law.

In my case, my religion states that if the mother's life is threatened by the pregnancy, an abortion is mandatory and if necessary, the fetus is chopped off like hamburger and pulled off limb-by-limb. No choice in the matter.

Guess what, I endorse that teaching. A woman can always elect to have children again. A woman cannot elect to live again if she dies.

So you know, I've ALWAYS believed this way, even before my conversion to Judaism.

Jus sayin
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
You women (and men) who support compelling the fertile to gestate, so that the infertile will have more kids to choose from, are completely insane.
You women (and men) who believe the "God" of the Christian Bible has to 'forgive' women for ending a pregnancy before term, when that same Bible indicates "God" is responsible for ending 2/3 of all pregnancy before term, worldwide, are completely in denial.
You women (and men) who wish to astronomically increase the population, while decimating the social safety net, are completely cruel.
You women (and men) who want to convince women that personal risk-assessment is immoral, and that self-defense is 'murder,' when we are pregnant, are completely WRONG.
Next....
Yoyu really bought into that PP garbarge, din't you? I'll bet you can look at an ultra sound of a five mon fetus and still not see a baby. Amazing what our minds can to hide the truth from one's self.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney.
Most pro-choicers are for elective abortions at any stage of the pregnancy, provided that the procedure complies with the law.
In my case, my religion states that if the mother's life is threatened by the pregnancy, an abortion is mandatory and if necessary, the fetus is chopped off like hamburger and pulled off limb-by-limb. No choice in the matter.
Guess what, I endorse that teaching. A woman can always elect to have children again. A woman cannot elect to live again if she dies.
So you know, I've ALWAYS believed this way, even before my conversion to Judaism.
Jus sayin
That seems to be all you learned about Judaism.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

<quoted text>
Dweeb, you forget I'm a Jewish convert and that I rejected christianity to adopt Judaism. I know all about christianity dear, so do yourself a favor and stop preaching to the proverbial "choir."
Christianity teaches that a soul that has known no sin, is pure and will not go to hell. So, whether it is a zygote that fails to attach to the uterine walls, or a 9 week old fetus that's aborted, neither have known "sin" and you know where you xtian hypocrites believe either of them will go.
So what's your beef if the soul of the unborn goes to the same place whether the body is disposed off by nature, or a medical procedure?
I know. You just don't want women to have free will to end a pregnancy or use birth control. You want them to only have free will to abstain from sex and not become sex slaves, or sex objects.
Duly noted..
The aborted baby's soul is not the problem. He/she is in God's hands.
Common Sense

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your argument makes victims of women and "criminals" of men and it simply isn't so.
It's true that by and large, women of today do not know enough to value themselves more. But, in order to change that, you have to change society and religion alone does not do that, especially when many religions border on cults, and operate by instilling fear in the minds of people. People tend to stay away from fear.
You complain that women are used for sex, or as sex objects, while turning a blind eye to how much $$$ many women make, willingly, by being sex objects. Look at the plethora of billboards on the side of the road; at TV commercials; at magazine covers. If you don't see a woman in a swim suit, or minimal clothing, and in a suggestive posture, then you're probably looking at the Amish newsletter.
Sex sells dweeb. Women want money, power, recognition, and yes, SEX, just as much as men do. Only difference is, more men are willing to fork off $$ to get a lap dance, or be a "sugar daddy," than women are willing to do the same. But, it doesn't mean women don't do it. Women are BY FAR, more aggressive than men with regard to sex. And why? Simple; women are less likely to be rejected by men. A single man has to be extremely careful when approaching a woman for the first time. There's the potential for rejection, disgust, and even accusations of sexual harassment. Women don't really have to worry about that to the same extent. And many, if not most, take advantage of this "superiority" to trap guys, just to get a "pay check."
Yes. Women deserve more. But, taking away their choices to either end an unwanted pregnancy, or use birth control, IS NOT going to give women more. It's only going to place an even greater burden in a social system that is already overburdened, and it's going to open up children to foster homes and abuse. In 2012 nearly 400,000 kids were in the United States' foster care system. In the same year, over 3 million cases of child abuse/endangerment were made to child protective agencies, and an estimated 1,640 children died as a consequence of child abuse.
https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/...
https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/stati...
If you really want to help women, place an emphasis on the unwanted children of this nation. Women have a far greater motherly instinct than men do. If women were made aware of these facts, you'd probably see less unwanted pregnancies and less kids suffering the tragedy of having one, or two, parents who do not want them.
Zzzzzzzzzz.........

Never mind this meandering, ponderous hooey.

Did you really say that sex for procreation is not pleasurable at all ?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be all you learned about Judaism.
It may seem that way to you Inky. But, it only seems that way.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The aborted baby's soul is not the problem. He/she is in God's hands.
So what's the problem then? That women can actually make a choice with which you don't agree? If so, then it seems that's YOUR problem.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

cpeter1313 wrote:
Nothing in anyone's body is anyone else's business; that's the core of being secure in one's own person. You don't even have a right to know if a woman is pregnant, much less what she plans on doing about it.
Not everybody cares about your god, and not even his adherents agree on this issue.
Living in darkness? Janis Ian's got your number:
"Those people who surround you
only want to see you weak enough to crawl
They'll lie for you, decide for you
and buy up all your rights and all your wrongs
And they'll try to stop your singing
in the middle of your song
for they do not want you free
and they will not make you strong
but only drag you down in the hole they're coming from
"They say you are foolish for wanting the sun
They call you selfish for learning to run
They'll tell you that the darkness is a blessing in disguise
You never have to notice if you're sighted or you're blind
and they'll do their best to keep you from the light"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Orqqc11eGBMXX
<quoted text>
That's sounds to like a perfect ode to an unborn child. Just perfect.

"They'll do their to keep you from the light"
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

<quoted text>
So what's the problem then? That women can actually make a choice with which you don't agree? If so, then it seems that's YOUR problem.
Women have always made that choice and some women will continue to kill their babies but more women and finally seeing abortion for what it truly is and will turn their backs on it as a choice. Right will always win in the end even if it takes a long time.

Being Jewish and one of God's chosen people, I am surprised that you believe that He would want His Jewish children killed for convenience.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Zzzzzzzzzz.........
Never mind this meandering, ponderous hooey.
Did you really say that sex for procreation is not pleasurable at all ?
"Do you think we need to see you admit it?"

It's obvious the answer is yes, even though it's a "matter of Topix record."

Poor little misken logem zera......

Yalla, lech lesahek berofe ve ahot yim hakelev shel hashchenim

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoyu really bought into that PP garbarge, din't you? I'll bet you can look at an ultra sound of a five mon fetus and still not see a baby. Amazing what our minds can to hide the truth from one's self.
How many times do I have to tell you, that what is seen, when looking at a five-month sonogram, is irrelevant to anyone but the pregnant woman?
Why should someone else, whose pregnancy is in her body, take any notice of what I think when I look at a sonogram of HER fetus?
You're loop-de-loop in your noodle soup, if you think she's going to give more weight to my opinion than to her own...or that she should.
Next...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>How many times do I have to tell you, that what is seen, when looking at a five-month sonogram, is irrelevant to anyone but the pregnant woman?
Why should someone else, whose pregnancy is in her body, take any notice of what I think when I look at a sonogram of HER fetus?
You're loop-de-loop in your noodle soup, if you think she's going to give more weight to my opinion than to her own...or that she should.
Next...
It is relevant. It is a child and killing it is morally wrong. Do you have the same attitude about the child after it is born? It is the same human being. Do you care if a mother drowns her newborn in a toilet? What's it to you? It has nothing to do with you right? It's just a woman who wants to rid herself of an unwanted pregnancy that went legally to far.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is relevant. It is a child and killing it is morally wrong..
That is YOUR opinion. If she doesn't share it, your opinion is moot - it's not your pregnancy, so stay the hell out of her uterus.

She's the one taking the risks......or declining them.
Not you.

Next....
Common Sense

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Do you think we need to see you admit it?"
It's obvious the answer is yes, even though it's a "matter of Topix record."
Poor little misken logem zera......
Yalla, lech lesahek berofe ve ahot yim hakelev shel hashchenim
Your dyslexia aside.....Did you really say sex for procreation is NOT PLEASURBLE AT ALL ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ink has always wanted it both ways - the fetus''soul' goes to heaven regardless and is in 'God's hands', but the women who terminate a pregnancy are going straight to hell for giving it back to him.

She's a cherry-picking idiot.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That is YOUR opinion. If she doesn't share it, your opinion is moot - it's not your pregnancy, so stay the hell out of her uterus.
She's the one taking the risks......or declining them.
Not you.
Next....
Children who are actually born are being known as Choice survivors.

I guess you just ignored my questions. I don't blame you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink has always wanted it both ways - the fetus''soul' goes to heaven regardless and is in 'God's hands', but the women who terminate a pregnancy are going straight to hell for giving it back to him.
She's a cherry-picking idiot.
That's what all killers could use for a defense.'I just gave my wife back to God'.'I did a good thing'. Weird thinking.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
You women (and men) who support compelling the fertile to gestate, so that the infertile will have more kids to choose from, are completely insane.
You women (and men) who believe the "God" of the Christian Bible has to 'forgive' women for ending a pregnancy before term, when that same Bible indicates "God" is responsible for ending 2/3 of all pregnancy before term, worldwide, are completely in denial.
You women (and men) who wish to astronomically increase the population, while decimating the social safety net, are completely cruel.
You women (and men) who want to convince women that personal risk-assessment is immoral, and that self-defense is 'murder,' when we are pregnant, are completely WRONG.
Next....
WHO is "compelling the fertile to gestate,so that the infertile will have more kids to choose from"?. You sound absolutely silly. NOBODY is asking anyone to become pregnant. IF you are pregnant,then you ARE gestating your child..wanted or unwanted,they deserve respect. They are of value. WE are not defined by whether or not we are wanted by another. If that were the case,then MANY should deserve to die.

Why is it so unreasonable to think that not killing your child is the right decision? Susan Smith had a choice,she made it,and yet do we think that her choice was right for her "unwanted" offsprings?

REPEAT: God gives life and takes life. Not ONE single human EVER created is still walking the earth. Nope,their body died whether they believed in God their creator or not. Miscarriage is a natural death. NOBODY deliberately kills that child. Grandma may live til 100 yrs old(naturally) OR a man can shoot her in the head at age 39 yrs old and kill her. WHAT in heavens name is so hard to comprehend about that?

REPEAT; nobody FORCES a woman to get pregnant,so please stop making assinine comments like "prolifers want women to increase the population". Pregnant means YOU conceived your child. I didn't put sperm in your body.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

"Seven Tee" whined
And when innocent life is killed it is everyone's business starting first and foremost with the unborn child.

bullshit, its NOT your business nor is it mine.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,096,083
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 225,650
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 26,971
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••