Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313947 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325103 May 17, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where I ever said I couldn't post a link you liar ?
In fact I posted to Chick ( post 324038) giving the post number ( 323390 ) which proves it's a matter of Topix record that you said sex for procreation
would be NON PLEASURABLE.
In fact Chick, who has set the standard for stupidity, said that sex is pleasurable because it has to be for the "continuation of the species". Even someone as stupid as her knows your claim is idiocy. LOL !

[QUOTE]My question is; how can he claim it's "a matter of Topix record," when he can't refer to "Topix record[?]"
"

Just did, stupid. And so did drunk Katie.
Hook line and sinker.

See how much easier it's for me to get you to do what I want than it is for you??

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#325106 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^
We treasure women more than men because their reproductive value is greater then men's. That's why we want fewer abortions, Kermit Gosnell killed women and their infants.
You treasure women by forcing them to carry unwanted pregnancies, taking away their right to freedom, best interests and self assessment? How odd.

Please don't treasure me.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325107 May 17, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
If they're strong enough to think for themselves, why do you need to argue for adoption?
It's called civil discourse and it doesn't involve insults; try it sometime. I validate women who put their baby up for adoption; there is no greater act of generosity and good.

Do yourself a favor ya koos, if you're going to state what I believe, make sure you understand what I believe.
I can only go by what you write.
This is the thing

Beverly, MA

#325108 May 17, 2014
I actually helped a lesbian couple who took in foster children who were born addicted to drugs or had fetal alcohol syndrome.

I was a case worker who visited the home frequently. They masqueraded as cousins, but I could see they were a committed couple. They were kind and caring and that's all that mattered to me.

They wanted to adopt the kids. These were tough kids to love. They had big problems. Problems I could not live with 24/7. It is one thing to see them a few times a week to help out, a whole other thing to deal with the physical and mental issues that these kids are trying to overcome all day and all night.

They were nurses who worked different shifts and also hired help to keep things going. They worked better as a team then any heterosexual couple I had on my caseload at the time.

But in the backwater ignorant state where they happened to reside, some folks who were often seen picketing outside Planned Parenthood, took it upon themselves to out this couple and try to prevent the adoptions.

So, Right to Life folks, I try not to generalize, but my gut tells me that not only do you want to prevent abortions no matter what, you also cannot stand it when someone that does not meet your standards for a family unit tries to help.

And yet, none of these jerks offered to be a foster parent for these kids. They just wanted to demonstrate that they were good Christians by stopping a family unit they deemed somehow perverted.

After a lot of court dates, the judge saw the light and allowed the couple to adopt the kids when all was sorted out.

These wonderful ladies did not do this to collect a check from the government. They ADOPTED the kids which meant that they would foot the bill for a lot of their needs.

These ladies were so good at rehabbing these kids that they did not qualify for SSI after 6 years, which was their goal.

They took it all on and did it with a dignity and grace that none of these dimwits picketing Planned Parenthood could ever comprehend.

So if right to life people ever want to bend my ear, they will need to do something half as useful. Somehow I do not see that happening.

The only thing that is perverted is the Right to Life Rhetoric.

I'm done here.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325109 May 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>You must not have children, the child will not eat, drink, take a bath, change dipers, go to bed etc etc. or move a few feet without mommy and daddy constantly taking care of every need for the baby to survive 24/7. When the baby reaches the age of about 3 he or she can do a few things to survive, very few. So to suggest it is ok to kill an innocent child because it has not been born is ridiculous.

You are a dimwit to suggest anything else.
You're confusing survival with basic bodily functions.

Does the baby need mommy to eat for him/her after it's born? Does it need mommy's body to dispose of its pee? Of its poop? No, no, and no. The born baby possesses the basic ability to sustain life on its own.

Whether the baby can feed itself, or go grab a bottle on its own, is irrelevant. Once the umbilical cord is cut, the baby is a person because it does not need mommy's body to live.

So yes. It's ok to kill "an innocent child" because it has not been born, provided such is the woman's choice, and the unborn has not reached the point of viability. So sayeth the law.

By the way, I do have children.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325110 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's called civil discourse and it doesn't involve insults; try it sometime. I validate women who put their baby up for adoption; there is no greater act of generosity and good.

Conservative Democrat wrote, "Do yourself a favor ya koos, if you're going to state what I believe, make sure you understand what I believe."

I can only go by what you write.
You may call it civil discourse and you may even be correct in that it doesn't involve insults. But, you're not stopping at insults; you're making accusations.

Cite my post where I expressly state I "promote" abortion. Further, cite the post where I expressly state that I believe women are too weak to hear arguments for adoption.
Choices are private

Beverly, MA

#325112 May 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So you expect one to believe one story from a State social worker's point of view?
How many children did you adopt out of the program you managed?
My point exactly. I worked full time, so I choose not to be a parent. I was not someone who thought that I could do both well. And if you must know, birth control worked for me. The idea of abortion is not a pleasant one for me personally. I would not advocate it as a means of birth control.

But I am not going to stand by a clinic doorway and ask every woman coming and going why she is there, what kind of birth control she is using, how far along is she, etc. etc.

So, the fact that I chose not to adopt does not make me a saint or a villan. The fact the I chose to use birth control also does not make any particular statement. I just try to mind my own business when it comes to personal choices.

My point is that it is possible to let people make their choices without making any statement about yourself or your beliefs. If there are consequences, you do not need to be involved.

But once you stick your nose into someone else's private choices, propose a ban on something, you better have an alternative that does some good.

So these right-to-life protesters could put their time and energy into creating good foster care options, but instead try to prohibit what they don't like and want to manage people's private lives to the point of absurdity. And worse, do nothing to help. Just sit back and judge and bad mouth anyone they feel is wrong.

Nothing honorable in that kind of behavior.

Seriously I am done here.

Trying to help someone see reason is futile.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325114 May 18, 2014
So, every child whose mother died in childbirth also expired?

Neonates do what they need to survive. Are you aware that, in some cases of adoption, the woman never even sees the newborn, nor it, her?

Newborns will eat whether the mother is involved or not---which I can personally attest to.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have children, the child will not eat, drink, take a bath, change dipers, go to bed etc etc. or move a few feet without mommy and daddy constantly taking care of every need for the baby to survive 24/7. When the baby reaches the age of about 3 he or she can do a few things to survive, very few. So to suggest it is ok to kill an innocent child because it has not been born is ridiculous.
You are a dimwit to suggest anything else.

Indianapolis

#325115 May 18, 2014
I don't remember who said it first, but there's a line, "Men put women up on pedestals so they can look up their skirts."

There is nothing honorable about treating women as sacred, if confused and dim, treasures.
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
You treasure women by forcing them to carry unwanted pregnancies, taking away their right to freedom, best interests and self assessment? How odd.
Please don't treasure me.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#325116 May 18, 2014
West Ukraine from rioting coup is not the say of west Ukraine people or a country , but going to east Ukraine cannot be allowed, is wrongful beyond violations.

As there are conflicts that referendum has already been recognized while the coup in Kiev was rioting by extreme terror of unacceptability for doing any regime change coup election, based on the reference of value, to the framework of systems of a country, nobody (like Nazi right sector radicals) can take in own hands how a country's direction will be like, that ouctomes the east Ukraine referendum.

Why does US discourage election of Syria and supports and runs the election of west Ukraine and the violation of Nazi-Kiev national guard troops (to enter the turf of) for violation of east Ukraine sovereignty?

Why good is to US (by seeing in Libya, Iraq and so on by doing coup regime change election) to west Ukraine now, which will amount to lots of fighting and violences (as of now, exactly there are two countries east Ukraine and west Ukraine fighting as the world does not need any Independence recognition under world standard rules and position, since there was east Ukraine referendum), and by which will erupt to more fighting and violences after Kiev coup doing election like Iraq and so on, as Kiev might also be wiped away from other coups again after election?

Those are failing To west Ukraine by supporting coup election while there is east Ukraine as another sovereign country, which might not be possible for Nazi west Ukraine radicals to be run by US , as that is being fought against at this time.

The wild wild north

#325117 May 19, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't remember who said it first, but there's a line, "Men put women up on pedestals so they can look up their skirts."
There is nothing honorable about treating women as sacred, if confused and dim, treasures.
<quoted text>
I remember that quote! Funny and true!

The fact that they treasure women by eliminating freedom and choice is a bit dimwitted.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325118 May 19, 2014
You may call it civil discourse and you may even be correct in that it doesn't involve insults. But, you're not stopping at insults; you're making accusations. Cite my post where I expressly state I "promote" abortion. Further, cite the post where I expressly state that I believe women are too weak to hear arguments for adoption.
Where C.D. has directly insulted other topix posters; I've accused none. Truth isn't on the side of the abortionists.

How about I cite a post where C.D. defended abortion?
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#325119 May 19, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."
"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo."
"Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil. What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets? How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"
"We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States."
"If John Kerry had a dollar for every time he bragged about serving in Vietnam -- oh wait, he does."
"Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."
"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."
I was never a big fan of Coulter but I've changed my mind. Obviously most of these were said tongue-in-cheek to get a rise out of thin skinned gullible lefties like you.
Some of these are all time classics. I especially love the "finally giving the liberals a war against fundamentalism....." line and the "Liberals, Islamic terrorists and indoor plumbing..." line.
Hilarious stuff. Thanks for posting.
finalPropheciesY Tube

Marietta, GA

#325121 May 19, 2014

100% PROOF POPE FRANCIS is ANTICHRIST -----

The wild wild north

#325123 May 19, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
I've changed my mind.
Hilarious stuff. Thanks for posting.
In your case that would be equivalent to changing a diaper.
Hilarious! Your welcome.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325124 May 19, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Where C.D. has directly insulted other topix posters; I've accused none. Truth isn't on the side of the abortionists.

How about I cite a post where C.D. defended abortion?
Backpedaling again Brian?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325125 May 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure a mother does not spoon feed her child for the first few years.
Idiot
A 'mother' wouldn't get an abortion in the first damn place, though....right?

Listen you - you can't have it both ways. You want fertile women to gestate for the benefit of the inferts, but if we're not going to do THAT, then you want us to die attempting not to.

Admit it, once and for all: your agenda is to make women 'responsible' for childbearing, so that 'humans' continue as a species....LEGALLY.

Reducing women to baby factories, is your ultimate goal, and we all know it - especially YOU.

You can't bring yourself to admit this, because you know it devastates your 'gestation at all costs' meme..........because that way, YOU aren't required to be the one who pays up.

Fluck you.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#325126 May 20, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case that would be equivalent to changing a diaper.
Hilarious! Your welcome.
You could start a Topix "Coulter Quote of the Day" feature here.

BTW it's "You're" welcome.

Indianapolis

#325129 May 20, 2014
He has every right to carry to term if he gets pregnant--and in that situation, she would have no say in it.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
She needs a baby daddy to plant the seed. Many times the Daddy would raise the child as a single parent, what about his rights to life?
Are you a lunatic?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#325131 May 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
She needs a baby daddy to plant the seed. Many times the Daddy would raise the child as a single parent, what about his rights to life?
Are you a lunatic?
Sperm can be gotten from a sperm bank, dear. Even when a woman gets pregnant by having sex, the man has no parental rights until birth takes place. When a man gets pregnant, he'll have the same rights as a pregnant woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,521,666
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web