Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
304,081 - 304,100 of 305,093 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Is too.
No matter how much you mewl about your 'charitable giving', the fact that you are on this forum, advocating that women be compelled to gestate for the convenience of others, is proof that you couldn't care less about kids - or women - but are heartily engaged in worshiping the fetus.
How's that working out for ya?
Is not, no backs. It is a good idea for more people to help the kids that are born.
You do jack sht for the living children and you advocate killing unborn babies, so double bad on you. No one is saying that carrying a baby full term is easy, least of all me. Not saying to have the baby for my convenience, "convenient" is the wrong word. I would rather give more to charity or even have public assistance money go to help the mothers and babies, just as I would rather have the mentally disabled and eldely taken care of instead of euthenized for "convenience".For the sake of the baby, not to kill the baby, for the sake of life, life is precious. When my baby was kicking and you could see her foot pressing against momma's belly, you can't tell me that is not a baby. When we saw the ultrasound and saw her suck her thumb, you can't tell me that is not a baby, a living person. When her little precious head popped out of the birth canal, sure it was a bit messy, but beautiful, how could anyone say that is not a baby until the legs came out too? Think about it.
Yes or no

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

A woman becomes pregnant. If the fetus is carried for nine months is it life?

Answer is yes.

Abortion is murder.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Yes or no wrote:
A woman becomes pregnant. If the fetus is carried for nine months is it life?
Answer is yes.
Abortion is murder.
Then G-d is the biggest murderer.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Oh, you mean the troops who liberated gays from the camps--and put them right back into civilian prisons, even if they hadn't been tried for anything?
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. You have no clue what I do for born children. Your slanderous lie is like saying that American soldiers were only upset about the dead innocent civilians in the concentration camps and did not help the living ones that had escaped a brutal death, so it would be better to leave them to die in the camps?!
I am part of a "group" that directly and personally helps the abused and abandoned here and abroad, we could use more help and $ though. No shortage of human suffering, but it matters to each one we help. Do you donate time and money or do you just expect other people to work and pay taxes and expect the government to do the job?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. You have no clue what I do for born children. Your slanderous lie is like saying that American soldiers were only upset about the dead innocent civilians in the concentration camps and did not help the living ones that had escaped a brutal death, so it would be better to leave them to die in the camps?!
I am part of a "group" that directly and personally helps the abused and abandoned here and abroad, we could use more help and $ though. No shortage of human suffering, but it matters to each one we help. Do you donate time and money or do you just expect other people to work and pay taxes and expect the government to do the job?
A couple of things that call into doubt your claim:

1- you use quotation marks (" ") to refer to your "group" but you don't mention the "group['s]" name. Makes it look like it's not really a group, but something else, like one of those entities (like Feed the Children) that have television spots and ask you to send $19.99 a month and with that they claim they can feed 6 kids.

2- you advocate for more help and $$, but you don't say for what is the extra help and $$ needed, or for that matter, where the help and $$ are needed. Again, makes it look like it's one of those entities (like Feed the Children) that have television spots and ask you to send $19.99 a month and with that they claim they can feed 6 kids.

Then you talk about donating time and money. How much time do you donate, however much it takes for you to write your 19.99 a month check? Oh, yes; they can bill your credit card directly, so really there's no time donation involved.

Assuming I'm right, then basically you're just contributing $240.00, or so, per year to feeding kids in "3rd world countries," and you can't even prove that your money is going towards what they tell you it does.

Then again, the "group" of which you're a part, may just be some prayer group from your local cult and all the time you donate is however long it takes you to travel from point A to point B, and your monetary donation is the gas your vehicle consumes to get there.

Duly noted.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text> Is not, no backs. It is a good idea for more people to help the kids that are born.
You do jack sht for the living children and you advocate killing unborn babies, so double bad on you. No one is saying that carrying a baby full term is easy, least of all me. Not saying to have the baby for my convenience, "convenient" is the wrong word. I would rather give more to charity or even have public assistance money go to help the mothers and babies, just as I would rather have the mentally disabled and eldely taken care of instead of euthenized for "convenience".For the sake of the baby, not to kill the baby, for the sake of life, life is precious. When my baby was kicking and you could see her foot pressing against momma's belly, you can't tell me that is not a baby. When we saw the ultrasound and saw her suck her thumb, you can't tell me that is not a baby, a living person. When her little precious head popped out of the birth canal, sure it was a bit messy, but beautiful, how could anyone say that is not a baby until the legs came out too? Think about it.
Your personal experiences, your personal feelings about your pregnancy aren't necessarily relevant to someone else. We all know what happens during a pregnancy. You aren't exposing some tremendous revelation, here. You do what you want about your pregnancies and other women will do what they want to do about theirs. If a woman doesn't want to continue a pregnancy, your opinion about it can't force her to continue it. That's just the way it is.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No matter how many times you repeated it, you're just plain wrong. As you have been informed, words have meanings. Learn them, friend. Anyway, you have a right to your opinion and no right to force any woman to continue a pregnancy if she doesn't wish to do so. Poor little you :'(
A woman is not forced to do anything starting with sleeping with her "baby daddy"

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman is not forced to do anything starting with sleeping with her "baby daddy"
Exactly. Of course, there is no baby unless she decides there will be one. So, finally, you understand that her private decisions regarding any and all reproductive matters are none of your business. Your opinion is irrelevant to any pregnancy but your own. Thanks for your input, though.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Of course, there is no baby unless she decides there will be one. So, finally, you understand that her private decisions regarding any and all reproductive matters are none of your business. Your opinion is irrelevant to any pregnancy but your own. Thanks for your input, though.
Sorry peace lover women are the weaker sex and they are in fact forced or coerced all the time to get abortions by their "boy friends". They are very scared and grow to regret the abortion and suffer physical and emotional pain for the rest of their lives. And when innocent life is killed it is everyone's business starting first and foremost with the unborn child.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text> Not saying to have the baby for my convenience, "convenient" is the wrong word.
Then quit using it to describe abortion - which is also REALLY inconvenient, and which you people are bound and determined to make even less convenient.

Gestating for someone else's benefit, or so some stranger can sleep better at night, is also REALLY inconvenient.

You don't get to define "convenient" for someone else, anymore than I do.

Get it?
Naughtyrobot wrote:
When my baby was kicking and you could see her foot pressing against momma's belly, you can't tell me that is not a baby. When we saw the ultrasound and saw her suck her thumb, you can't tell me that is not a baby, a living person. When her little precious head popped out of the birth canal, sure it was a bit messy, but beautiful, how could anyone say that is not a baby until the legs came out too? Think about it.
Your feelings toward your gestating fetus are common among 9/10ths of all pregnant women.....that portion of the pregnant population which chooses to gestate. Be happy that so few women choose to decline gestation via abortion, and rejoice with the women who decide to have our babies instead.

Why can't that be enough for you people?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry peace lover women are the weaker sex and they are in fact forced or coerced all the time to get abortions by their "boy friends". They are very scared and grow to regret the abortion and suffer physical and emotional pain for the rest of their lives. And when innocent life is killed it is everyone's business starting first and foremost with the unborn child.
Lol, "...women are the weaker sex..." It's silly statements like that that show you foolish. I'm sorry if that was your experience and sorry that it was, in the past, some unknown percentage of other women's experience. Give me unbiased documentation of when, where and how many of these forced abortions have taken place. Unbiased facts, please. You can't, so you don't know how common that occurance was or is. Just your twisted wishful thinking, thank God. Fortunately, today's young women in this country are strong, self-determining, and know that they have choices. And, again, no, it's not your business. When was the last time you got to be involved in the private discussion between a pregnant woman and her physician? When did you get to decide for a stranger whether she will stay pregnant or abort?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry peace lover women are the weaker sex and they are in fact forced or coerced all the time to get abortions by their "boy friends"..
Mostly as a result of the constant hum of 'boys will be boys' in the background of a little boy's life. Boys are supposed to grow into men, who aren't as selfish as the average three year old. Failing to do so is no excuse for impregnating a woman, if you don't want to be a father.

He should have kept his pants on. Personal responsibility, don'tcha know.

And yet, I'm guessing you're more willing to absolve him of coercion, than you are to absolve her for acquiescing to his wishes.

Dude.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They are very scared and grow to regret the abortion and suffer physical and emotional pain for the rest of their lives..
Yes, it happens. Usually when the woman is the product of a strict religious upbringing, which relied heavily on guilt and shame as disciplinary tools. She's been programmed her whole life, to believe she's 'just a woman', as you seem to see her. I really hope you have no kids, fella.

There are counselors and mental health professionals who can help her work through her grief - but her grief is not a reason to prohibit other women from making that choice.

Most of us are greatly relieved....not guilt-ridden.(I think that fact really grinds your gears.)
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
And when innocent life is killed it is everyone's business starting first and foremost with the unborn child.
Bullshit. If this was the case, there would be no child murder cold cases, or kids being beaten to death by their parents, or the river of hades which is the underground sex slave trade in this country.

Innocent life is for sale in every city in America. And it 'gets killed' all the time.
Go save a 10 year old runaway who's already here, and leave women to reproduce at will.......OUR WILL.

Next.....
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, "...women are the weaker sex..." It's silly statements like that that show you foolish. I'm sorry if that was your experience and sorry that it was, in the past, some unknown percentage of other women's experience. Give me unbiased documentation of when, where and how many of these forced abortions have taken place. Unbiased facts, please. You can't, so you don't know how common that occurance was or is. Just your twisted wishful thinking, thank God. Fortunately, today's young women in this country are strong, self-determining, and know that they have choices. And, again, no, it's not your business. When was the last time you got to be involved in the private discussion between a pregnant woman and her physician? When did you get to decide for a stranger whether she will stay pregnant or abort?
Elise you do nobody a favor by attempting to cover up what's happening in this world today. A majority of young girls and women are left abandoned by the boy or man who impregnated them. They are basically used for sex. Let's stop trying to ignore this fact. If that man really cared an iota about them,they would stand by her side at this vulnerable time for her. How many women are left to raise their child ALONE (mostly at poverty levels) and left with the responsibility of doing it all? How many girls come into abortion clinics or pregnancy alternative centers ALONE to face ALL the consequences?

This is a terrible sign of females allowing men to take advantage of them. THEY pay the price of their moment of enjoyment and the man is off onto his next conquest. Women need to empower themselves by realizing that they mean something more than a quick sex romp until the guy has had enough. I think that women today have lowered themselves to nothing more than sex objects and they deserve MORE.

Now,please don't go on a rampage about how women loveeeee sex as much as men because that is irrelevent to my point. Women have allowed themselves to become second class citizens all over again. Killing your child doesn't empower women either. Stand up and DEMAND true love and committment and stop selling yourselves short. It's pitiful.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Of course, there is no baby unless she decides there will be one. So, finally, you understand that her private decisions regarding any and all reproductive matters are none of your business. Your opinion is irrelevant to any pregnancy but your own. Thanks for your input, though.
Killing innocent human lives is EVERYONES business. Susan Smith made sure that her young sons were never going to become adolesants,teenagers,adults,wh en she made her "private decision" to end their lives. She,as their mother,made a "private decision" to kill them instead of giving them up for adoption. She felt that it was HER choice,didn't she?

You women who condone killing your own flesh and blood because YOU don't want them,is absolutely disgusting. IMO,you find it too painful to admit the truth about what you did,so you defend the act for others to do(safety in numbers I suppose). Go get help before more are harmed and lose their lives. God WILL forgive you Elise. You need to believe that. You NEED healing and forgiveness. Living in the darkness will only keep you down.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then G-d is the biggest murderer.
Oh good grief CD don't you know the difference between natural death and killing? God created us with a body that will die. We ALL will have our bodies die. Our souls will go on for eternity. That is the way God intended it. He gives life and he takes life.

A man coming up to another man and shooting him in the head,killing him,is not natural or the way God intended. Free will gone wrong,makes man think that they are Godlike. Deliberate elective Abortion is in no way equivillant to spontaneous abortion(miscarriage) anymore than man dying of natural causes being equivillant to him being shot in the head with an AK.

*sigh* stupidity knows no boundaries.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, abortion, being a medical procedure, is medical treatment. That includes the abortions of which you don't personally approve.
Apparently,MOST who claim to be pro-choice are against elective abortions after a certain gestation age. They DON'T approve of killing those human lives/baby. They think that those little ones DESERVE protection. They are AGAINST the womans choice to kill that child at that point.

Just sayin..........

Question for you; Do you think that they are hypocrites? Are they pro-choice? be honest now Elise,one can't say they are for choice when they really aren't,now can they?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

You women (and men) who support compelling the fertile to gestate, so that the infertile will have more kids to choose from, are completely insane.

You women (and men) who believe the "God" of the Christian Bible has to 'forgive' women for ending a pregnancy before term, when that same Bible indicates "God" is responsible for ending 2/3 of all pregnancy before term, worldwide, are completely in denial.

You women (and men) who wish to astronomically increase the population, while decimating the social safety net, are completely cruel.

You women (and men) who want to convince women that personal risk-assessment is immoral, and that self-defense is 'murder,' when we are pregnant, are completely WRONG.

Next....

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

The majority of women who get pregnant give birth, by a wide margin.

Enough with this "used for sex" garbage; most people have sex because they want to. Being used implies that one takes advantage of the other, and that's just not the case.

Some women do face pregnancy and child-rearing alone. Many go ahead, and many abort. That both options are available to the woman is the definition of freedom.

I'm glad I wasn't raised by a woman who saw her gender as a bunch of victims. You make decisions and you deal with the consequences of those decisions in the way that you believe is best. Stop blaming everything on the guys.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Elise you do nobody a favor by attempting to cover up what's happening in this world today. A majority of young girls and women are left abandoned by the boy or man who impregnated them. They are basically used for sex. Let's stop trying to ignore this fact. If that man really cared an iota about them,they would stand by her side at this vulnerable time for her. How many women are left to raise their child ALONE (mostly at poverty levels) and left with the responsibility of doing it all? How many girls come into abortion clinics or pregnancy alternative centers ALONE to face ALL the consequences?
This is a terrible sign of females allowing men to take advantage of them. THEY pay the price of their moment of enjoyment and the man is off onto his next conquest. Women need to empower themselves by realizing that they mean something more than a quick sex romp until the guy has had enough. I think that women today have lowered themselves to nothing more than sex objects and they deserve MORE.
Now,please don't go on a rampage about how women loveeeee sex as much as men because that is irrelevent to my point. Women have allowed themselves to become second class citizens all over again. Killing your child doesn't empower women either. Stand up and DEMAND true love and committment and stop selling yourselves short. It's pitiful.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Nothing in anyone's body is anyone else's business; that's the core of being secure in one's own person. You don't even have a right to know if a woman is pregnant, much less what she plans on doing about it.

Not everybody cares about your god, and not even his adherents agree on this issue.

Living in darkness? Janis Ian's got your number:

"Those people who surround you
only want to see you weak enough to crawl
They'll lie for you, decide for you
and buy up all your rights and all your wrongs
And they'll try to stop your singing
in the middle of your song
for they do not want you free
and they will not make you strong
but only drag you down in the hole they're coming from

"They say you are foolish for wanting the sun
They call you selfish for learning to run
They'll tell you that the darkness is a blessing in disguise
You never have to notice if you're sighted or you're blind
and they'll do their best to keep you from the light"
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Killing innocent human lives is EVERYONES business. Susan Smith made sure that her young sons were never going to become adolesants,teenagers,adults,wh en she made her "private decision" to end their lives. She,as their mother,made a "private decision" to kill them instead of giving them up for adoption. She felt that it was HER choice,didn't she?
You women who condone killing your own flesh and blood because YOU don't want them,is absolutely disgusting. IMO,you find it too painful to admit the truth about what you did,so you defend the act for others to do(safety in numbers I suppose). Go get help before more are harmed and lose their lives. God WILL forgive you Elise. You need to believe that. You NEED healing and forgiveness. Living in the darkness will only keep you down.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

See, here's the thing...the PC'ers allow for different viewpoints. The PLM'ers require everyone to be in lockstep or they're not really "pro-life".
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently,MOST who claim to be pro-choice are against elective abortions after a certain gestation age. They DON'T approve of killing those human lives/baby. They think that those little ones DESERVE protection. They are AGAINST the womans choice to kill that child at that point.
Just sayin..........
Question for you; Do you think that they are hypocrites? Are they pro-choice? be honest now Elise,one can't say they are for choice when they really aren't,now can they?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TSM 1,080,518
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min Buck Crick 224,186
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Trojan 26,673
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Thu Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••