Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
304,061 - 304,080 of 305,160 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If you consider yourself 'pro-life', why are you so focused on the death of the UN born, when you could be focusing on the LIVES of the born?
See, that part always confuses me - you are all worried about ending potential, but you couldn't seem to give a tinker's damn about the actual children, who are already here, and for whom LIFE really sucks. You know - the abandoned, abused, degraded, exploited, ignored, malnourished, molested, and unloved ones. When are you going to worry about them?
Well, most know about my opinion on that. I think that they're fighting for the rights of ones that don't have it yet. Once a baby is born, they have the same rights as everyone else. If they're assaulted, abused, neglected, etc. then the people responsible should face the consequences of their actions. I get that a baby can't tell, but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to be secure in their surroundings, and have their basic needs met, and people that are witness to that happening, should go to the authorities. They have rights after they're born.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

They don't have rights before they're born, and that's what the PL are fighting for.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

R C Honey wrote:
They don't have rights before they're born, and that's what the PL are fighting for.
They don't have rights before they're born, because those rights would necessarily come at the expense of the women carrying them....so in REALITY the SCPL are fighting for the other things that I mentioned in that post - whether they care to realize, and/ or admit it, or not.

They may not LIKE it that they're fighting for horrible circumstances to continue, or occur - but they're doing it anyway.

Rights for fetuses are counter-productive.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, abortion, being a medical procedure, is medical treatment. That includes the abortions of which you don't personally approve.
Medical people is to help people who are sick get better.

The word you are looking for is infanticide
Common Sense

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it didn't matter. I just clarified what my motivation was and is. I'm glad we agree.
<quoted text>
I don't but the government does. And they already do protect post-viability fetuses.
<quoted text>
No they don't dumbbell. So stop citing personal autonomy rights as something that cannot be restricted.
<quoted text>
That's not motivation, dumbbell. That's an action. What motivated them to take such action ?
<quoted text>
The state is only allowed to REGULATE not proscribe abortion after the first trimester in the interest of the woman's health, dumbbell. That is, they can dictate the "requirements as to the qualifications of the person who is to perform the abortion; as to the licensure of that person; as to the facility in which the procedure is to be performed, that is, whether it must be a hospital or may be a clinic or some other place of less-than-hospital status; as to the licensing of the facility; and the like."
On the other hand, dumbbell, the right to PROSCRIBE abortion post-viability stems from the state's interest in protecting fetal life.
"If the State is interested in PROTECTING FETAL LIFE after viability, it may go so far as to proscribe abortion during that period, except when it is necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother"
It's right there in RvW. Look it up.
So it seems that the government is already controlling their choices, and thus as you said, controlling them.
<APPLAUSE!!> Great post.

I note for the record that cpeter chose not to respond. Any wonder ?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how you may want to redefine the meaning of words and terms, abortion is a medical treatment, being a medical procedure. That's a fact. Abortion isn't infanticide, also a fact, since fetuses aren't infants. Infants are born. You are allowed to your histrionics, but they have no bearing on reality.
Common Sense

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Nice try pinhead. Not going to work.
Go crawl back to mommy's basement.
Not going to work ? Work for what ? There's nothing to "work". You said it. It's a matter of Topix record.
Sex for procreation is "not pleasurable" you said. Not only just not pleasurable, but not pleasurable AT ALL. Do you think we need to see you admit it?

It's not going to work he says.
What a buffoon.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Infanticide is the killing of born babies. So, once again, your ignorance fails you.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Infanticide is the killing of born babies. So, once again, your ignorance fails you.
<quoted text>
There is no difference between a born and unborn human being except for the environment in which the baby lives

Murder is murder

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
That person can't argue his point using facts. How's it going, cpeter?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

There's a freaking HUGE difference between the two; immense physiological and biochemical changes occur during birth. There's also that little matter of the fetus leeching off the woman--and needing her permission to do so.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference between a born and unborn human being except for the environment in which the baby lives
Murder is murder

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

If it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, he don't know it...:)

Everything's fine here. How's by you?
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That person can't argue his point using facts. How's it going, cpeter?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is murder
No matter how many times you repeated it, you're just plain wrong. As you have been informed, words have meanings. Learn them, friend. Anyway, you have a right to your opinion and no right to force any woman to continue a pregnancy if she doesn't wish to do so. Poor little you :'(

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

cpeter1313 wrote:
If it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, he don't know it...:)
Everything's fine here. How's by you?
<quoted text>
Doing well. Just getting tired of the daily dust storm out here. Ha.
Anita Mandelay

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Alright, I can see someone perhaps lying about their age, but don't you think you're going a bit overboard in trying to convey yourself on the 'young' side? I mean, it is the internet, you can be 29, 39, 49, 59, heck... 69, 79...
But to try and pass yourself of as 9? You could be. Your Mommy must of helped you out with the spelling, and the sexual context of your comment. You want the "ol' sauseeg, and you want it long, hard and often? Chip off the ole block, eh? If that doesn't scream desperate, I don't know what does. Probably a family trait.
I can guess why you're so desperate. Well.... not really a guess, more like a fer sure. You should seek counselling for your low self-esteem. Often people that think about something a lot, are the ones that don't have a lot of what they're thinking about.(your case never, unless you run out of crack, and only then, a fellow crack head may help you out if they're that desperate)
Good luck to you. God bless, and stay strong, you adorable cutie you.
So, I see that a liberated, fun loving, sexually active woman makes you uncomfortable, is that it ? Not unusual. Did you see that other old lady poster who was so uncomfortable with what I was saying that she couldn't even accept the fact that I was a woman at all ? If I thought that way I had to be a man, according to her. And did you see her lamebrain advice to men ? Keep it in your pants unless a woman says she is ready to carry a pregnancy to term ? Can you imagine that ? Relegating all woman to going to bed frustrated or using a power tool unless they were willing to carry a pregnancy to term. She finally saw the stupidity of her advice and changed it to "as long as you tell the man up front that you you will abort if you become pregnant then he can make an informed decision regarding whether or not he wants to dip his noodle." Much better. That old crow needs to think before dispensing such stupid advice.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is downright skrewy but I understand that is what you hang on to.
"Downright skrewy"? That only the morality held by a pregnant woman, concerning her pregnancy, is relevant to her pregnancy, and what she decides to do about it?

Ain't NOTHIN' screwy about that.

If you're 'hanging on' to the idea that YOUR conscience and YOUR convenience are more important to her pregnancy than her own?

Now that's freakin' screwy, hon.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Anita Mandelay wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I see that a liberated, fun loving, sexually active woman makes you uncomfortable, is that it ? Not unusual. Did you see that other old lady poster who was so uncomfortable with what I was saying that she couldn't even accept the fact that I was a woman at all ? If I thought that way I had to be a man, according to her. And did you see her lamebrain advice to men ? Keep it in your pants unless a woman says she is ready to carry a pregnancy to term ? Can you imagine that ? Relegating all woman to going to bed frustrated or using a power tool unless they were willing to carry a pregnancy to term. She finally saw the stupidity of her advice and changed it to "as long as you tell the man up front that you you will abort if you become pregnant then he can make an informed decision regarding whether or not he wants to dip his noodle." Much better. That old crow needs to think before dispensing such stupid advice.
Good morning, fella.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
And the environment in which it lives IS the ultimate difference. The unborn can't pee for itself; can't take a crap for itself; can't breathe for itself.

Yes, of course; there is no difference between a "born and unborn human being." There's also no difference between a tadpole and a frog.
SevenTee wrote:
Murder is murder
"The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!"

Go on with your whine chicken little.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If you consider yourself 'pro-life', why are you so focused on the death of the UN born, when you could be focusing on the LIVES of the born?
See, that part always confuses me - you are all worried about ending potential, but you couldn't seem to give a tinker's damn about the actual children, who are already here, and for whom LIFE really sucks. You know - the abandoned, abused, degraded, exploited, ignored, malnourished, molested, and unloved ones. When are you going to worry about them?
The SCPL are far more interested in seeing that women have fewer options, than they are in 'saving the lives of children'. The SCPL want women to gestate for its conveience - children are extraneous to the agenda.
Not true. You have no clue what I do for born children. Your slanderous lie is like saying that American soldiers were only upset about the dead innocent civilians in the concentration camps and did not help the living ones that had escaped a brutal death, so it would be better to leave them to die in the camps?!
I am part of a "group" that directly and personally helps the abused and abandoned here and abroad, we could use more help and $ though. No shortage of human suffering, but it matters to each one we help. Do you donate time and money or do you just expect other people to work and pay taxes and expect the government to do the job?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>Not true.?
Is too.

No matter how much you mewl about your 'charitable giving', the fact that you are on this forum, advocating that women be compelled to gestate for the convenience of others, is proof that you couldn't care less about kids - or women - but are heartily engaged in worshiping the fetus.

How's that working out for ya?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min harmonious 1,082,319
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min hpcaban 224,379
loan offer with low interest 2 hr Pastor james 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,704
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sun engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Jul 26 Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••