Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310236 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325050 May 16, 2014
Baby Boom wrote:
<quoted text>How much do you care about that baby when you turn a mother away from the abortion clinic?

When that baby grows up and becomes a liberal, how much do you care then?

Why is it when a woman is pregnant, that baby is the most precious thing ever, but when that same baby ends up on death row, nobody cares?

See, babies do not raise themselves. Their growth and development are dependent upon a loving caring home.

Sad as it is, if someone gets to the point that she feels her only answer is to abort, then forcing someone to have a baby under those circumstances cannot be a better choice and will lead to more sadness and suffering.

If your idea of God is correct, it all gets sorted out in the end. The baby will be fine born or not.

All you can do is keep your door open. Put adds in the paper offering to adopt every baby that a woman is considering aborting. I am sure you would be a terrific parent to all kinds of kids.

There, hope that helped.

You are welcome!
Well said. Sadly, it will fall on deaf ears.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#325051 May 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there to prove, the mother is the one who chooses to kill her baby by abortion.
Not that complicated
You lost track of the conversation, honey. I'm not surprised. It's okay.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#325052 May 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How do you justify a mother murdering her own unborn child for convenience?
Having an abortion is never a convenience. No murder is taking place during an abortion. No woman has to justify an abortion to you or anyone else. Face it. You refuse to listen because you aren't hearing what you personally want to hear. You ask, you receive answers to your questions, you dislike the answers, you refuse to acknowledge that you received answers and then you ask the same questions over again. You're tedious, my friend.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325053 May 16, 2014
Baby Boom wrote:
<quoted text>
How much do you care about that baby when you turn a mother away from the abortion clinic?
When that baby grows up and becomes a liberal, how much do you care then?
Why is it when a woman is pregnant, that baby is the most precious thing ever, but when that same baby ends up on death row, nobody cares?
See, babies do not raise themselves. Their growth and development are dependent upon a loving caring home.
Sad as it is, if someone gets to the point that she feels her only answer is to abort, then forcing someone to have a baby under those circumstances cannot be a better choice and will lead to more sadness and suffering.
If your idea of God is correct, it all gets sorted out in the end. The baby will be fine born or not.
All you can do is keep your door open. Put adds in the paper offering to adopt every baby that a woman is considering aborting. I am sure you would be a terrific parent to all kinds of kids.
There, hope that helped.
You are welcome!
Well said.

Unfortunately, the SCPL on this thread have no other goal but to obligate fertile women to provide the infertile with more infants to choose from, and getting those babies gestated until delivery, miscarriage, or death - regardless of the circumstances.

They worship the fetus, and once the CHILD arrives, it's "On to the next fetus" for the SCPL.

The born are on their effin' own.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#325054 May 16, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Brian needs to come out.
I think he needs to go back in, and be gestated a while longer.....I doubt, however, that his mom would appreciate that.

*grin*

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325056 May 16, 2014
I don't have to justify anything. SCOTUS has already done that.
Isn't that the point of this thread; disappointment with Roe v Wade and the American genocide we see today? Who would have thought, we'd vote in a President to manage our Healthcare insurance, create thousands of pages of new intrusive regulations, new medical equipment taxes and higher taxes all around? Ooopps!

The good thing about our political system; we are able to correct the errors of the past. Murdering tiny unborn babies is a bad thing; life is good. This isn't rocket science; this is morality.

Your turn to answer questions now.
I'll answer, I confess. I love America.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325057 May 16, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
How do YOU justify obligating her to gestate, for YOUR convenience?
I don't obligate anybody to gestate; I didn't even do that for my wife when I became a father. Don't you understand the consequences of sexual intercourse? Maybe you should talk to your mother.

I'm discussing morality, what do you think you're discussing? I'm promoting life, what are you promoting. Obligation hasn't been the issue since Roe v Wade; now we argue who pays.

not a playa1965 wrote:
Unless you're the one pregnant, you don't get to be the one 'justifying' anybody's abortion,
I can't; it is nonsense to imagine morality is contingent on the ability to gestate.

Do you believe men and women aren't different in any significant way or do you believe women's reproductive health is more important so we must take care not to harm with botched abortions?

not a playa1965 wrote:
fool.
^^^If you continue to insult, I'll cite them and report the pattern. This is your only notification.

not a playa1965 wrote:
Women need to justify abortion like you'd need to justify cancer surgery, or the removal of a tapeworm - only to themselves.
Except in the case of cancer surgery and the removal of a tapeworm, if the human life is lost the operation was a failure but killing human life is the object of abortion. Surgery and medical treatment are about saving human life but abortion is about premeditated murder of a very young, tiny and helpless human being.

not a playa1965 wrote:
Get the hell over yourself, you mewling hypocrite.
I've never had or performed an abortion and never defended abortion. In what way is that hypocritical?

If you have no standards of morality, can you be a hypocrite? If you believe all morals are relative, there are no absolutes and proclaim and live by those beliefs; you aren't a hypocrite.

I believe in the value of human life; infinite. I believe in truth, justice and the American way.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325058 May 16, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
Having an abortion is never a convenience.
That depends on the circumstances.

elise in burque wrote:
No murder is taking place during an abortion.
Does the name, Kermit Gosnell ring a bell?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell

elise in burque wrote:
No woman has to justify an abortion to you or anyone else.
Abortion is harmful, painful and bad. Parental notification is an essential right, because children can't consent.

elise in burque wrote:
Face it. You refuse to listen because you aren't hearing what you personally want to hear. You ask, you receive answers to your questions, you dislike the answers, you refuse to acknowledge that you received answers and then you ask the same questions over again. You're tedious, my friend.
^^^And this says what about you?

We've argued this; I haven't changed my mind, abortion is bad.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#325059 May 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't obligate anybody to gestate; I didn't even do that for my wife when I became a father. Don't you understand the consequences of sexual intercourse? Maybe you should talk to your mother.
I'm discussing morality, what do you think you're discussing? I'm promoting life, what are you promoting. Obligation hasn't been the issue since Roe v Wade; now we argue who pays.
<quoted text>I can't; it is nonsense to imagine morality is contingent on the ability to gestate.
Do you believe men and women aren't different in any significant way or do you believe women's reproductive health is more important so we must take care not to harm with botched abortions?
<quoted text>^^^If you continue to insult, I'll cite them and report the pattern. This is your only notification.
<quoted text>Except in the case of cancer surgery and the removal of a tapeworm, if the human life is lost the operation was a failure but killing human life is the object of abortion. Surgery and medical treatment are about saving human life but abortion is about premeditated murder of a very young, tiny and helpless human being.
<quoted text>I've never had or performed an abortion and never defended abortion. In what way is that hypocritical?
If you have no standards of morality, can you be a hypocrite? If you believe all morals are relative, there are no absolutes and proclaim and live by those beliefs; you aren't a hypocrite.
I believe in the value of human life; infinite. I believe in truth, justice and the American way.
Your moral standards are just as repugnant to me, as mine are to you. Your 'morality' holds that I should lose my personhood, and that it should transfer to my fetus, whenever I conceive....unless I can 'justify' my retention of my right to self-defense, and personal risk assessment TO YOU satisfactorily, I must 'take responsibility' and gestate FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.

Shove it, Brian. You're completely immoral, and horribly depraved, as far as I'm concerned,

I believe you are a mental patient in Lawrence KS, and that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is just as effective at stopping abortion as you, or your weak and ignorant God.

Go ahead and report me for insulting you, Brian - Topix loves my ass.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325060 May 16, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your moral standards are just as repugnant to me, as mine are to you. Your 'morality' holds that I should lose my personhood, and that it should transfer to my fetus, whenever I conceive....unless I can 'justify' my retention of my right to self-defense, and personal risk assessment TO YOU satisfactorily, I must 'take responsibility' and gestate FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
Shove it, Brian. You're completely immoral, and horribly depraved, as far as I'm concerned,
I believe you are a mental patient in Lawrence KS, and that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is just as effective at stopping abortion as you, or your weak and ignorant God.
Go ahead and report me for insulting you, Brian - Topix loves my ass.

How about we cut the Euros and lefty activists out of the execution process altogether with a voluntary firing squad? It's quick, it's effective and the whole community gets to participate!

The state could run ads in newspapers giving detailed accounts of the condemned man's crime -- all that stuff The New York Times frantically hides from its readers -- and then ask: "Would you be interested in being assigned to his firing squad?"

The Supreme Court has defined "cruel and unusual punishment" as something that offends society's "evolving sense of decency." When we see how many people volunteer for the firing squad, we'll at least have a back-of-the-envelope estimate on whether society's "evolving sense of decency" is more offended by the death of Clayton Lockett or that of Stephanie Neiman.

I know I'd volunteer. Having read the truth about what psychopaths like Clayton Lockett have done, I'd pay for the opportunity, especially if they promise my gun won't have a blank.

COPYRIGHT 2014 ANN COULTER
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-05-14....

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325061 May 16, 2014
"Brian_G" cut and pasted some crap
(post edited for derp)

ha ha you post some crap from the delusional (M)ann coulter....too funny...you and the bitch with an adams apple

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#325062 May 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>...
How about we cut the Euros and lefty activists out of the execution process altogether with a voluntary firing squad? It's quick, it's effective and the whole community gets to participate!
The state could run ads in newspapers giving detailed accounts of the condemned man's crime -- all that stuff The New York Times frantically hides from its readers -- and then ask: "Would you be interested in being assigned to his firing squad?"
The Supreme Court has defined "cruel and unusual punishment" as something that offends society's "evolving sense of decency." When we see how many people volunteer for the firing squad, we'll at least have a back-of-the-envelope estimate on whether society's "evolving sense of decency" is more offended by the death of Clayton Lockett or that of Stephanie Neiman.
I know I'd volunteer. Having read the truth about what psychopaths like Clayton Lockett have done, I'd pay for the opportunity, especially if they promise my gun won't have a blank.
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-05-14....
What about you, Brian - would YOU volunteer for the firing squad?

Otherwise, why would you bring up that harridan, who unquestionably WOULD, and even has the sac to admit it.

Heroine of yours, is she?

Face it, Brian: your so-called 'pro-life' stance has reduced you to flinging Ann Coulter at me, and you lost your argument decades ago.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325063 May 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that the point of this thread; disappointment with Roe v Wade and the American genocide we see today? Who would have thought, we'd vote in a President to manage our Healthcare insurance, create thousands of pages of new intrusive regulations, new medical equipment taxes and higher taxes all around? Ooopps!
The good thing about our political system; we are able to correct the errors of the past. Murdering tiny unborn babies is a bad thing; life is good. This isn't rocket science; this is morality.
The disappointment with Roe v. Wad isn't mine. It's of those who conform to the likes of you. You asked me how I justify something with which YOU'RE disappointed and I'm not.

We voted a president who created a greater than 1,000 page bill, which 99% of congress confesses not to have read in its entirety, yet passed it hands down. You do remember the words "Patriot Act;" Don't you?

Our political system could not overturn Roe v. Wade but for a complete abolishment of the Constitution and/or a re-write of the 14th Amendment that would grant citizenship to a fetus. And neither is going to happen. So your hope for a political system action that will illegalize abortion is impossible. Politicians can find loopholes to make it more difficult for women to get a legal abortion, but in the end, they will be committing a crime against the constitution. And the rights of one (1) born woman, protected by the Constitution are far more important than your "morality."
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'll answer, I confess. I love America.
You may love America, but you hate the Constitution and you hate women; you want them to not have a voice in their own health care, if they're pregnant.

You persist in call a fetus an "unborn baby," when the appropriate medical term is either zygote, embryo, or fetus. Yet, here you are, advocating for a pregnant woman to be considered some sort of "mutant" who somehow loses her constitutional protection and is not worthy of being a woman, simply because she's pregnant. Yet, you get pissed off when people refer to your beloved "unborn baby" by what it is; a fetus.

You're a hypocrite who uses morality and the law as both a sword and a shield.

You and your ilk threaten the liberties of all citizens of the United States. And I will not have that.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325064 May 16, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Brian_G" cut and pasted some crap (post edited for derp)
COPYRIGHT 2014 ANN COULTER ha ha you post some crap from the delusional (M)ann coulter....too funny...you and the bitch with an adams apple
^^^This shows, the war on women comes from the Left. They attack Nigeria for Borka Haram kidnapping the schoolgirls, and Ann Coulter for her looks. Shame on the left!

We treasure women more than men because their reproductive value is greater then men's. That's why we want fewer abortions, Kermit Gosnell killed women and their infants.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325065 May 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't obligate anybody to gestate.
Of course not. You just, frivolously, call them murderers if they have an abortion for any reason other than rape or incest. And you do it so prevalently that it f*cks with their mind to an extent they end up believing your crap and not standing up for their right to be autonomous.

You say you didn't do that to your wife when you became a father. I wonder what you would have done if she had told you, "Brian, f*ck you. I'm having an abortion, regardless of whether you like it."

Maybe you'd be in jail for murder.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325066 May 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That depends on the circumstances.
<quoted text>Does the name, Kermit Gosnell ring a bell?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell
<quoted text>Abortion is harmful, painful and bad. Parental notification is an essential right, because children can't consent.
<quoted text>^^^And this says what about you?
We've argued this; I haven't changed my mind, abortion is bad.
We don't care if you haven't changed your mind. Abortion is legal and there isn't a G-ddamned thing you can do about it.
Common Sense

Brooklyn, NY

#325067 May 16, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
CD provided the link to that specific conversation more than once.
No he didn't. That's simply a lie. In fact any of his posts related to that conversation are long gone and were removed shortly after they were posted when he was kicked off by Topix. He couldn't have provided a link. They no longer exist.
Why do you feel you have to lie ?
You can find it if you're that interested in it. Do your own work. Have a nice day!
What ? If I'M that interested ? You stick your nosy nose in a conversation that doesn't even involve you, and then state with authority something about what another poster said, and now I have to go look for it ??? If you're so convinced it verifies what the idiot CD said then you should know what it is by heart. Why should I have to go look for it ? You must still be drunk.
Post again when you're sober.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325068 May 16, 2014
Of course not. You just, frivolously, call them murderers
No, I've never called anyone "murderer" or "murderers", except Kermit Gosnell.

if they have an abortion for any reason other than rape or incest.
And threat to mother's life; circumstances matter, otherwise abortion is wrong.

And you do it so prevalently that it f*cks with their mind to an extent they end up believing your crap and not standing up for their right to be autonomous.
I'm making an argument; I believe women are strong enough to hear my point of view without "it f*cks with their mind"; women are not intellectually inferior to men. I'm not afraid to discuss morality, maybe the right to be autonomous in order to murder your own young, helpless, innocent unborn baby isn't good for all mothers?

You say you didn't do that to your wife when you became a father. I wonder what you would have done if she had told you, "Brian, f*ck you. I'm having an abortion, regardless of whether you like it." Maybe you'd be in jail for murder.
^^^This proves how they would think and behave; their words are a model for their behavior. I've never condoned murder, not against anyone of any age and I condemn C.D.'s post above.

It is C.D. who promotes abortion; I am pro-life, pro-adoption and want you to think and talk to your parents before you kill your unborn baby daughter or son.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#325069 May 16, 2014
We don't care if you haven't changed your mind. Abortion is legal and there isn't a G-ddamned thing you can do about it.
There's something we can all do for life, we will speak out for adoption and life every chance we get.

Abortion is "a G-ddamned thing".

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325071 May 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've never called anyone "murderer" or "murderers", except Kermit Gosnell.
Of course. You just keep repeating the same line of BS, "how can you justify murdering your unborn child?"
Brian_G wrote:
Conservative Democrat wrote, "if they have an abortion for any reason other than rape or incest."

And threat to mother's life; circumstances matter, otherwise abortion is wrong.
So tell your wife not to have one and stop asking women "how can you justify murdering your unborn child?" Whether it's right or wrong, is none of your business. It's legal. Case closed.
Brian_G wrote:
Conservative Democrat wrote, "And you do it so prevalently that it f*cks with their mind to an extent they end up believing your crap and not standing up for their right to be autonomous."

I'm making an argument; I believe women are strong enough to hear my point of view without "it f*cks with their mind"; women are not intellectually inferior to men.
You're far from making an argument. You're making an accusation. And women are far superior in intellect than men. But they're also more emotionally fragile than men, especially when pregnant. They don't need to hear some pinhead like you calling them murderers, after arriving at a decision that's likely to have been a difficult one. That's why G-d calls us men to be a rock for our women. And that's why I defend women.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm not afraid to discuss morality, maybe the right to be autonomous in order to murder your own young, helpless, innocent unborn baby isn't good for all mothers?
Oh yes. You're definitely making an argument and not an accusation.
Brian_G wrote:
Conservative Democrat wrote, "You say you didn't do that to your wife when you became a father. I wonder what you would have done if she had told you, "Brian, f*ck you. I'm having an abortion, regardless of whether you like it." Maybe you'd be in jail for murder."

^^^This proves how they would think and behave; their words are a model for their behavior. I've never condoned murder, not against anyone of any age and I condemn C.D.'s post above.
Well, I suppose I should go jump off a draw bridge, given that I've been condemned by "Lord" Brian
Brian_G wrote:
It is C.D. who promotes abortion; I am pro-life, pro-adoption and want you to think and talk to your parents before you kill your unborn baby daughter or son.!
Yes, twice in one post you prove you're making an argument and not an accusation, never mind not calling anyone "murderer."

Sheket bevakasha ya schmuck. You're a complete idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min An NFL Fan 1,279,006
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 6,976
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr -Stray Dog 247,812
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,964
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web