Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
304,001 - 304,020 of 305,164 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't know.
You seem familiar with this symptom.....What are you feeling guilty about?
You seemed to place the ability to sleep well on an empty head. Guess you would be in that boat too.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>

Unless those reasons disappear, neither will abortion, regardless of its legality - you can dismiss this fact all you care to - but it remains a fact.
I'm not the one who wants to relegate desperate women to desperate measures - why do YOU hate women so much?
Those reasons will never disappear as long as women make themselves victims and refuse to control the circumstances that gets them into the mess of an unwanted pregnancy .

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion means the death of a very young human being.
Abortion ends a pregnancy. Even in the circumstances in which you APPROVE.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't advocate changing the law, I advocate morality. "Back alley or coat hanger abortions would be" just as moral as those done in a clinic by abortionists wearing white coats.
If you don't want the law changed we have no argument. You can run rampart professing "your" anti woman morality all you like given free speech.

Having an abortion under the circumstances in which you approve as you pretend to give equal rights to the fetus would make those abortions equally immoral. You can't have it both ways Brian.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting choice, all the force comes from the woman's own decisions, except in the cases of rape, incest or threat to the mother's life.
And once again you prove that you are more concerned with how conception took place AND if the woman/girl willingly had sex you might grant her her life. Both of these negate your equal rights status for the fetus and prove that you are more interested in control, not the fetus.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion is intentional, miscarriages aren't. I thought women were empowered to take responsibility, but M.9.R. writes they are "submissive subservient incubators", without moral choice.
If your concern is for the fetus the elimination of said fetus by any means should concern you, but it doesn't...right Brian?

Women are empowered to take responsibility, and with that responsibility comes choices. Your problem is you wish to trap women with no choice other than to mandatorily produce an unwanted pregnancy as a brood mare. Why do you hate women Brian?

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure the decision was not to put your very life in the hands of an unlicensed, criminal butcher, now was it ? Good for you !
I could afford to leave the country or send my daughter. Happy? Others not so fortunate will visit the back alley butchers in hopes of obtaining the same outcome as I.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretend ? You don't know that. How dare you.
I dare and will continue to.....and I DO KNOW.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to control woman. I don't even want to interfere in their business. I want the government to do what they're supposed to do...protect innocent life. That's their function. And not just the innocent life YOU deem worthy of protection.
You want the government to control women because YOU want women controlled (my god you are a fricking little coward). I bet you object to government interference in your pathetic life....right David? Of course you do....but David is special...women not so much...right pumpkin?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those reasons will never disappear as long as women make themselves victims and refuse to control the circumstances that gets them into the mess of an unwanted pregnancy .
Good morning "Ink."
A pleasure as always to "see" you!
We, as a society, are starting to recognize that sex, and sexuality, are not merely as cut-and-dry, black-and-white aspects of life as we once thought/wished them to be.
Unfortunately there is still the perception that all men are, not-so-secretly, "sexual predators," while women are the "sexual prey." This is, of course, an over simplification of that experience we've all had which is the "Human Condition."
We can't escape our basest "animal urges," and there are quite a number of folks who argue we ought to simply embrace it.
However, reality is always more complicated than scientific projections, or pseudo-scientific psychological techno-babble.
Both men and women desire sex. Yes, we desire it in different contexts at times, and at times we desire it in differing "methods." But it seems that the "need" is there, and as much as many of us would like to think that we're "above" such "animal urges," we aren't.
Placing the total onus on the woman with regards to the subject of abortion is, in my opinion, not merely misguided, but wrong.. Both sexes are responsible for any "unintended" pregnancy, and both sexes ought to bear the burden.
You say that, "as long as women make themselves victims..." it isn't really as though women have much of a conscious choice in the matter. Society has already "dictated" what women are to be, and women unwittingly, seem to have bought into that narrative; women must look like one of the Victoria's Secret "Angels," or they aren't attractive. Yes television, magazine and billboard advertizements featuring improbably "beautiful" people are what attract our attention, and that's their raison d'etre --to get our attention. Are advertisers, or we, as a society sending the not-so-subliminal message to women that "unless you're like this, you're not worth anyone else's time?"
We, as a society, are extremely hypocritical; we constantly sexualize women, then we collectively chastise them when they act "sexually." This, in my opinion, shows up most clearly in the abortion debate...the woman is always the one at fault, the man who contributed to her unintended pregnancy is conspicuously absent.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

Morgana9Rules wrote:
Abortion ends a pregnancy. Even in the circumstances in which you APPROVE.
I wouldn't use the word, "approve", women don't need my permission and this is an issue of morality, not emotion.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
If you don't want the law changed we have no argument. You can run rampart professing "your" anti woman morality all you like given free speech. Having an abortion under the circumstances in which you approve as you pretend to give equal rights to the fetus would make those abortions equally immoral. You can't have it both ways Brian.
You don't believe circumstances and motivations are important when discussing morality? If not, drunk driving is no different from a traffic accident.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
And once again you prove that you are more concerned with how conception took place AND if the woman/girl willingly had sex you might grant her her life. Both of these negate your equal rights status for the fetus and prove that you are more interested in control, not the fetus.
The issue is the life of the child, not how the conception took place. Abortion always results in the murder of a very young and innocent human being.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
If your concern is for the fetus the elimination of said fetus by any means should concern you, but it doesn't...right Brian?
Why don't you answer the question about how age effects the crime of murder?

Morgana9Rules wrote:
Women are empowered to take responsibility, and with that responsibility comes choices. Your problem is you wish to trap women with no choice other than to mandatorily produce an unwanted pregnancy as a brood mare. Why do you hate women Brian?
I didn't create morality, don't blame me if you want to promote evil.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also a medical fact that at the time the greatest amount of abortions take place, it will not live outside the mother. Whether it's alive it's irrelevant. Mommy gets to decide whether it stays in her womb.
<quoted text>
That's truly a stupid question. The only way any adult could do such a thing would be if it was a child of him/her.
Why is it a stupid question? You want to drive a spike in the child's brain. There really is no difference.

No you abortionists kill babies at all stages of life. You are an animal

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't use the word, "approve", women don't need my permission and this is an issue of morality, not emotion..
All very well for you to claim to be coldly dispassionate, and thus render judgment in your sense of 'morality', Brian - except that it's patently obvious your stance is predicated ENTIRELY on emotion: the emotion of repugnance at the idea of abortion.

We understand that you find it entirely distasteful, and even disgusting, that women's rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense, are recognized by the courts, as including the right to terminate a pregnancy for reasons of which you don't approve - and you do approve of at least three reasons a pregnancy may be terminated - but, and this is very important, YOU are not the one who is pregnant, therefore YOU are completely immaterial to the morality of abortion.

Yes, that's right: YOU are completely immaterial to the morality of abortion. You will never have one. You will never need one. And you will never know whether or not any given woman has or will have one - so YOUR morality has nothing whatever to do with the decision a woman makes, whether to gestate or abort a given pregnancy.

Period.

All this wailing and gnashing of teeth is utterly futile.

And your hypocrisy in believing that SOME abortions are 'acceptable' but others are not, while claiming that ALL abortion is 'murder', obviates the fact that you have very little morality of your own to begin with.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Women do not 'victimize ourselves', and most of us take precautions against unwanted pregnancy. When they fail, or are overcome by force, we have measures available to us for, if not redress, at least a return to a non-pregnant state, without having to give birth.

I'm sorry you have so large a problem with that, but not very....since you are exquisitely free to eschew said measures, should your own precautions against pregnancy fail, and you become unwillingly pregnant.

Get over yourself.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it didn't matter. I just clarified what my motivation was and is.
Your motivation is for the law to conform to your opinion. Your opinion is that fetuses need protection FROM THE WOMEN IN WHOM THEY RESIDE, so there is no escaping the FACT that you want pregnant women controlled. You simply don't want to be the one physically locking them into a room for nine months to accomplish this - you know how difficult it would be to get her in there, without serious injury to yourself.

So you want the cops to do it.
Coward.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
So it seems that the government is already controlling their choices, and thus as you said, controlling them.
....a circumstance of which you are eminently in favor - as long as it's some faceless judge, or police officer, who actually does the controlling.

Misogynist coward.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Women do not 'victimize ourselves', and most of us take precautions against unwanted pregnancy. When they fail, or are overcome by force, we have measures available to us for, if not redress, at least a return to a non-pregnant state, without having to give birth.
I'm sorry you have so large a problem with that, but not very....since you are exquisitely free to eschew said measures, should your own precautions against pregnancy fail, and you become unwillingly pregnant.
Get over yourself.
So you are admitting Women are weak minded?

I thought you liberals wanted to be considered as equal to men?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure the decision was not to put your very life in the hands of an unlicensed, criminal butcher, now was it ?.
Of course not. Her choice was to put her life in the hands of a licensed, law-abiding obstetrician.

A choice which you would like to take away, so that her only choice of abortion provider IS an unlicensed, criminal butcher.

Duh..........

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are admitting Women are weak minded?
I thought you liberals wanted to be considered as equal to men?
Of course not, stupid. I'm admitting that women often get pregnant, even after having taken precautions against it. The rights of women to bodily autonomy, personal risk-assessment, and self-defense, are recognized as equal to those of men. It's not OUR fault that you men don't have an equal capacity for pregnancy.....if you have a problem with that, take it up with God.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. "AUTO"nomy. Words have meaning. Learn em.
If the body of another is in MY body, and I don't want it in here, I have the right to evict it from the premises.

You have the same right as regards YOUR body - if someone inserts themselves into you, no one would argue that they have the right to stay, unless YOU grant them that right.

Bugs the jeezum outta you, that a fetus, even if it qualifies as 'somebody else', is not automatically granted the right to be inside someone, just because YOU think it should have that right.

Poor ineffective you.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You seemed to place the ability to sleep well on an empty head. Guess you would be in that boat too.
Keep guessing - you missed it that time.

If I have trouble sleeping, it's usually because I ate too much at dinner. My conscience is quite clear about my abortion, AND my advocacy that abortion remain legal, safe, and accessible.

Next....
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not, stupid. I'm admitting that women often get pregnant, even after having taken precautions against it. The rights of women to bodily autonomy, personal risk-assessment, and self-defense, are recognized as equal to those of men. It's not OUR fault that you men don't have an equal capacity for pregnancy.....if you have a problem with that, take it up with God.
Next...
It takes a man and woman sperm and egg to make a baby you stupid twit. Without both you will not conceive

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
All very well for you to claim to be coldly dispassionate, and thus render judgment in your sense of 'morality', Brian - except that it's patently obvious your stance is predicated ENTIRELY on emotion: the emotion of repugnance at the idea of abortion.
We understand that you find it entirely distasteful, and even disgusting, that women's rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense, are recognized by the courts, as including the right to terminate a pregnancy for reasons of which you don't approve - and you do approve of at least three reasons a pregnancy may be terminated - but, and this is very important, YOU are not the one who is pregnant, therefore YOU are completely immaterial to the morality of abortion. Yes, that's right: YOU are completely immaterial to the morality of abortion. You will never have one. You will never need one. And you will never know whether or not any given woman has or will have one - so YOUR morality has nothing whatever to do with the decision a woman makes, whether to gestate or abort a given pregnancy. Period. All this wailing and gnashing of teeth is utterly futile. And your hypocrisy in believing that SOME abortions are 'acceptable' but others are not, while claiming that ALL abortion is 'murder', obviates the fact that you have very little morality of your own to begin with.Next....
Morality isn't defined by gender. When do you believe the premediated murder of a very young human being is wrong?

Adoption is life, abortion is death. I hope that's clear.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a man and woman sperm and egg to make a baby . Without both you will not conceive
When both equally CARRY said pregnancy, and both equally share the RISKS of said pregnancy.....you MIGHT have a point.

As it is, well, you don't.

Next....
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning "Ink."
A pleasure as always to "see" you!
We, as a society, are starting to recognize that sex, and sexuality, are not merely as cut-and-dry, black-and-white aspects of life as we once thought/wished them to be.
Unfortunately there is still the perception that all men are, not-so-secretly, "sexual predators," while women are the "sexual prey." This is, of course, an over simplification of that experience we've all had which is the "Human Condition."
We can't escape our basest "animal urges," and there are quite a number of folks who argue we ought to simply embrace it.
However, reality is always more complicated than scientific projections, or pseudo-scientific psychological techno-babble.
Both men and women desire sex. Yes, we desire it in different contexts at times, and at times we desire it in differing "methods." But it seems that the "need" is there, and as much as many of us would like to think that we're "above" such "animal urges," we aren't.
Placing the total onus on the woman with regards to the subject of abortion is, in my opinion, not merely misguided, but wrong.. Both sexes are responsible for any "unintended" pregnancy, and both sexes ought to bear the burden.
You say that, "as long as women make themselves victims..." it isn't really as though women have much of a conscious choice in the matter. Society has already "dictated" what women are to be, and women unwittingly, seem to have bought into that narrative; women must look like one of the Victoria's Secret "Angels," or they aren't attractive. Yes television, magazine and billboard advertizements featuring improbably "beautiful" people are what attract our attention, and that's their raison d'etre --to get our attention. Are advertisers, or we, as a society sending the not-so-subliminal message to women that "unless you're like this, you're not worth anyone else's time?"
We, as a society, are extremely hypocritical; we constantly sexualize women, then we collectively chastise them when they act "sexually." This, in my opinion, shows up most clearly in the abortion debate...the woman is always the one at fault, the man who contributed to her unintended pregnancy is conspicuously absent.
Hey John, how's it going?

The onus is on the woman because she is the one in control of the situation. Men only say 'yes', she can say 'yes or no'. The man will bear the burden if she 'chooses' to have the child but as I so often read here the women don't want the father to have any imput. It seems they want to have their cake and eat it too.

I also think that the part of society that sexualizes women are women. Folks like Beyonce, Miley Cyrus or even the models who offer up their skin for a fee.

Look around at the happily married women and men for that matter, they aren't the playboy models, they are ordinary folks who found something deep and admirable in their partners.

I agree with you but I also disagree in a way.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Keep guessing - you missed it that time.
If I have trouble sleeping, it's usually because I ate too much at dinner. My conscience is quite clear about my abortion, AND my advocacy that abortion remain legal, safe, and accessible.
Next....
Squeeze a half a lemon in a small amout of ginger ale and you will feel better right away.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,082,563
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min waaasssuuup 224,402
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 40 min Bruin Nation 26,710
loan offer with low interest 13 hr Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sun engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Jul 26 Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••