Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326068 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324984 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> My "uterus" has nothing to do with what I said. I am talking about killing innocent human lives as choice-born or still in the womb.
Pay attention please.
Your opinion only matters, if it's still in YOUR womb.

You don't get to opine on the uteruses of other women.
Pay attention to reality.

Next...

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#324985 May 14, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
.....from a weird poster. That one is scary strange.
If I scare you, it's probably because ALL women, who don't ask your opinion before making reproductive decisions, scare you.

This should get your hackles ALL the way up......

"Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe campaigned promising to be a “brick wall” against the erosion of women’s reproductive rights – rights that were openly attacked by his opponent, attorney general and Christian crusader, Ken Cuccinelli. Monday, Governor McAuliffe announced he has taken the first step toward fulfilling that campaign promise, and restoring women’s rights in Virginia."

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/virginia...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324986 May 14, 2014
I do believe a woman should have the choice; my only concern is that, in the 3rd trimester, the medical risks of abortion become equal to the risks of childbirth. Unless the pregnancy goes south, I don't see a clear advantage to aborting. But again, it should be the woman's choice, ultimately.
Farrah luvs Cats wrote:
<quoted text> Im pc and i find it hypocritical as well. Sorry,but actually you cannot say that you are in favor of our choices then turn around and retract that notion. Lets be real man. Youre either for choice or not. Us woman have total controlboverbour pregnancies or we dont. Pick one or stfu with the games. Making us all look bad for playing games.

Indianapolis

#324987 May 14, 2014
You're so fetus-focused that I could have posted the words to "Helter Skelter" or "Cop Killer" and you'd have said the same thing.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sounds to like a perfect ode to an unborn child. Just perfect.
"They'll do their to keep you from the light"

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324988 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Elise you do nobody a favor by attempting to cover up what's happening in this world today. A majority of young girls and women are left abandoned by the boy or man who impregnated them. They are basically used for sex. Let's stop trying to ignore this fact. If that man really cared an iota about them,they would stand by her side at this vulnerable time for her. How many women are left to raise their child ALONE (mostly at poverty levels) and left with the responsibility of doing it all? How many girls come into abortion clinics or pregnancy alternative centers ALONE to face ALL the consequences?
This is a terrible sign of females allowing men to take advantage of them. THEY pay the price of their moment of enjoyment and the man is off onto his next conquest. Women need to empower themselves by realizing that they mean something more than a quick sex romp until the guy has had enough. I think that women today have lowered themselves to nothing more than sex objects and they deserve MORE.
Now,please don't go on a rampage about how women loveeeee sex as much as men because that is irrelevent to my point. Women have allowed themselves to become second class citizens all over again. Killing your child doesn't empower women either. Stand up and DEMAND true love and committment and stop selling yourselves short. It's pitiful.
Why do you make excuses? For the love of your own god please quit trying to convince ANYONE that you give a rats ass about women/girls. You insist they MUST gestate and give birth regardless of any and all circumstances. It does not matter if she has a one night stand, is raped/incest or if her life hangs in the balance abortion is off limits regardless. Your ENTIRE concern is for the fetus and zero zilch none for the women/girls. The men who use women stand in awe and bow to you. NOBODY objectifies women/girls more than you.

The wild wild north

#324989 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL Jewish people know that God creates life and he takes it,however,it allows women to fight for THEIR life if their life is threatened,but it NEVER allows deliberately aborting that child directly.
So now your god and YOU believe women are not entitled to self defense.

The wild wild north

#324990 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The child pays the consequences,don't they?!
And the woman/girl is reduced to a brainless incubator second class citizen regardless of any and all circumstances. She is not important and you are here to make her very aware of it. Nobody objectifies women/girls more than you.

Indianapolis

#324991 May 14, 2014
People define what sex is "meant to be" for themselves. Not everyone WANTS a committed relationship, and sex can be immensely pleasurable without one. Sex is a biological function; how you engage in it is up to the individual. How arrogant can you be to think YOU define what it should be for everyone else.

People too often confuse love and lust; your way of thinking encourages that confusion.

If a woman decides to bear a child, it's her decision. Stop painting her to be a helpless victim.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I am appalled that people can be so ignorant in this day and age. Females are allowing males to use them for sex. I find this disheartening. I am not calling them victims of others. I call them victims of their own self. What I mean by this is that sex is meant to be in a committed relationship. It is an expression of love. It brings incrediable excitement WHEN it is used in its proper contents. It's not to be compared to a romp by some stranger or booty call OR masturbation. It is different. It is meant to bond that couple during that enjoyment. CLEARLY if the man dumps this girl when he finds a new love interest or if she becomes pregnant,then he used her Cpeter.
OWN it!!
Sadly,the girl is abandoned,alone and scared during this vulnerable time. MANY times feeling forced to abort her child. THAT is wrong. Then you have the ones that have the baby ALONE and raise that child ALONE or with a guy who is half assed father or an absent one. The child pays the consequences,don't they?!

Indianapolis

#324992 May 14, 2014
When did I say the fetus should be protected? To me, the real problem with 3rd-trimester abortions is that they are just as risky as childbirth; the woman gains nothing on that level. However, so few women even seek elective abortions at that point that it's irrelevant.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Uh no,that is not a "different viewpoint". It is doubletalk. You can't say that you are pro the womans choice what to do with her pregnancy and then turn around and say that you agree with restricting her choices when YOU feel the baby should have protection. It has nothing to do with being in lockstep with anyone else. Who do you think you are kidding here?
Say what you mean, mean what you say.
Simple!

Indianapolis

#324993 May 14, 2014
Susan Smith killed her own kids by drowning. Your god (supposedly) killed everyone on earth (with a handful of exceptions for breeding stock). Who's the bigger murderer?
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Satan was known to quote scripture too. Do me a favor,and before you start quoting scripture,please study it first? You aren't helping your cause when you show your ignorance to the word of God.
Is it okay for Susan Smith to "cause the same end-result as G-d does"?
Yes? No?

The wild wild north

#324994 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> From previous discussions with women and young girls,after hearing their stories of their lives(pre their previous abortions or while contemplating abortions ),I have come to the conclusion that many feel insignificant,therefore,leadin g to the belief that someone so small,not fully developed,not self-sufficent(as their unborn child)couldn't POSSIBLY have any significance,value or importance. Makes it easier for their conscience(at that point) to go through with the execution of their childs life. Survival mode.
A person who is so self-absorbed is actually a very insecure,anti-social being IMO. It's like a spoiled child is not a happy child. They have learned to have the mememe mentality because that is what they were taught. Money and things were given instead of true love or real bonding. Their needs were met(food,clothing) but not anything to do with loving them. Then you have those who were neglected,denied basics,or love. They all become introverts,and it is all then about them to survive and maintain some or any sanity.
Their child simply COULDN'T be worth anything if they themselves aren't.
THIS is what I have viewed personally from strangers and from close friends who have aborted or would support abortion as choice. It is beyond tragic.
Wow, what a crock of shit.

Then there is you who would not allow a rape victim (or a dying woman) a choice . You would force her to bear the result of a brutal crime leaving her without a choice two times, proving that she has no self worth and that you promote forced gestation even if her life hangs in the balance.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324996 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Haha....yepparoni,Play a called you and MOST proaborts hypocrites.

Anything to say about THAT dearest one?
Yep. You didn't read the post. Go read it. Your answer lies therein.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324997 May 14, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>You're way too easily amused, simpleton.

[QUOTE]Do you think we need to see you admit it?"
It's obvious the answer is yes, even though it's a "matter of Topix record."
"

The question "do you think we need to see you admit it" is rhetorical, simpleton.

"Get it right koos" said the simpleton. "I said it was a chore"

Yeah, a chore that was "NOT PLEASURABLE AT ALL"
Oh, so now it's a rhetorical question. If so, why the need to allude to something being of "Topix record," when "Topix record" disproves your contention? What point were you trying to make by asking a "rhetorical question[?]"

By the way, why do you place your own statement in quotation marks?

That's a rhetorical question ya schmuck.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#324998 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it only a weak minded, weak spirited person would kill an unborn child that has no ability to defend themselfs?
Ever noticed in the news that after the child is born and there is a tragic murder of young children it is almost always the weak minded mother that drowns the baby in the bathtub.
Prove your claims. That's all I'm asking. Or, you can continue to ignore this simple request. Is it impossible for you to bring factual evidence?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324999 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Satan was known to quote scripture too. Do me a favor,and before you start quoting scripture,please study it first? You aren't helping your cause when you show your ignorance to the word of God.

Is it okay for Susan Smith to "cause the same end-result as G-d does"?

Yes? No?
That depends. Your daughter's name is Susan Smith; isn't it? Have you deviated from your pledge that you'd rather see your daughter dead before she has an abortion?

Or are you going to deny you said that??

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325000 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,I know that you rejected Christianity to adopt anothers religion. But,unfortunately,you don't know much about either. CLEARLY you don't. Your posts scream it. Oh yesss,you are great at copying and pasting quotes from the bible,but you don't understand them obviously.

'"""" """So what's your beef if the soul of the unborn goes to the same place whether the body is disposed off by nature, or a medical procedure?""" """"

A newborn and toddler aren't capable of sin either(you did KNOW that right? <cough>) so I ASSUME that you have no beef if someone killed your son or daughter when they were at that stage of life,right?

*sigh* I simply CANNOT understand how some people can possibly be so damn dumb.

FTR,I don't care if you people screw every woman or man or battery operated sex toy in town. I DO care however,that you don't kill your conceived child-born or still in the woman. Capeesh?
My son is 24. My daughter is 11. They're far from innocent. As you are.

Oh that's right. You're "forgiven!"

By whom? The illegitimate son of a raped woman??

And as far as toddlers being incapable of sin, I suppose your daughter never told you she didn't have a wet diaper, even though she did, you knew she did, and she knew you knew she did.

*****FTR,I don't care if you people screw every woman or man or battery operated sex toy in town. I DO care however,that you don't kill your conceived child-born or still in the woman.*******

Really? Then why all the rant about women devaluing themselves and being used as sex slaves and sex objects?

If you really don't care who screws who; why do you care about the effect of that screwing and not about the cause?

Either you believe a pound of cure is worth more than an ounce of prevention, or you've lied all along, or you're too stupid to know the difference.

By the way, until you convert to Judaism, don't pretend to know more about my religion than me.

TIA

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325001 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>1. You only repeated what I said. "MOST" proaborts are against elective later term abortions. Thank you for confirming this once again.

2. Total bullsh*t that Judaism FORCES a woman to kill her child if her life is threatened. You clearly(as did foo) misunderstand what your wishy washy Americanized version of Judaism is saying. REAL Jewish people know that God creates life and he takes it,however,it allows women to fight for THEIR life if their life is threatened,but it NEVER allows deliberately aborting that child directly.I am not about to start educating you on this subject.

3. IF you did believe what you said,then you CLEARLY go against your own "joined" religion of the day,when it is against ELECTIVE ABORTION. Now Wut???????
Jews are not Catholics dweeb. You're speaking out of your ass.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325002 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Yep,that one woman who drowned her children claimed that she did it to send her children to heaven.

Can anyone say POSSESSED?????
How do you know those kids were, or we're not, capable of sin? Because if they were not, that woman is technically correct, according to you Xtian hypocrites.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#325003 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Elise you do nobody a favor by attempting to cover up what's happening in this world today. A majority of young girls and women are left abandoned by the boy or man who impregnated them. They are basically used for sex. Let's stop trying to ignore this fact. If that man really cared an iota about them,they would stand by her side at this vulnerable time for her. How many women are left to raise their child ALONE (mostly at poverty levels) and left with the responsibility of doing it all? How many girls come into abortion clinics or pregnancy alternative centers ALONE to face ALL the consequences?
This is a terrible sign of females allowing men to take advantage of them. THEY pay the price of their moment of enjoyment and the man is off onto his next conquest. Women need to empower themselves by realizing that they mean something more than a quick sex romp until the guy has had enough. I think that women today have lowered themselves to nothing more than sex objects and they deserve MORE.
Now,please don't go on a rampage about how women loveeeee sex as much as men because that is irrelevent to my point. Women have allowed themselves to become second class citizens all over again. Killing your child doesn't empower women either. Stand up and DEMAND true love and committment and stop selling yourselves short. It's pitiful.
I don't agree with that opinion.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325004 May 15, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
Apples and oranges. The unborn cannot consent to anything. In fact, not even a 1 month old child can consent to anything...I ask (I don't beg; begging makes you sound desperate) you to consider that with the same emphasis you consider the other.
Abortion for convenience is the premeditated murder of a very young, innocent human being. Since when does a human being have to consent to live?

Adoption is life, abortion is death; think for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min VetnorsGate 1,681,142
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr hojo 12,044
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jan 13 I Need U 35,345
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Dec 17 illikad 14
More from around the web